Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

Sweet baby Jesus, these games are long.  It's as if the pitchers are all saying a decade of the Rosary before each pitch.  I don't know how these  infielders keep their concentration.

I don't care at all who wins the Series (my team doesn't have a chance in hell of reaching it so I lose interest), but I cannot stand Aroldis Chapman and would take some glee if he melted down.  Of course, I'd worry that he would take it out on the women in his life.

Holy shit - literally hit the button to post this about 2 seconds before the HR!!

Edited by Calvada
  • Love 3

Everyone knew it would bite them in the ass for playing Chapman yesterday with such a large lead. And why the hell is he still in there? Why are you putting the burden on one player who is tired? I feel terrible for him.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2
Just now, twoods said:

Everyone knew it would bite them in the ass for playing Chapman yesterday with such a large lead. And why the hell is he still in there? Why are you putting the burden on one player who is tired? I feel terrible for him.

That's what happens when a manager overmanages and brings his reliever in for no reason with a five run lead yesterday.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, twoods said:

Well, I don't feel bad for Chapman because he's a jerk, but I agree with everything else. He's been overused this series, it was stupid to play him last night, and they should have handed him a clean ninth. Lester could've gotten one more out.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Oh wonderful, now it's pouring rain. 

It seems fitting somehow. Like the tears of a million departed Cubs fans.

ETA - said sadly as a (nominal) Cubs fan; I realized that might have come off rather snotty.

Edited by MargeGunderson
Tone & Context
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Commercial free break? They're out of commercials, aren't they?

I'm not sure which is worse - commercials, or Joe Buck droning on for the length of the break.

Edited by ebk57
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Baez is a hot mess tonight. The hell was that? Did they lose track of the strike count?

How do you lose track of a full goddamn count?

I think Joe Maddon has had some kind of mental break. That's the only explanation for bunting when literally almost any kind of contact would score the run from 3rd.

I'm not even a Cubs fan and I think I need to break into the good scotch after seeing this tire fire called Joe Maddon management. 

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ElDosEquis said:

Those poor people at the game, beer sales stopped at the seventh inning, I only have rum to drink.......

On the other hand, hopefully most people have emptied their bladders by now so as to not miss a second waiting in line to pee. 

• Love 2