Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, ebk57 said:

Jack White was in the house before his show down the street at The Anthem!  And then I found out a more fun thing - the game went on so long, Jack came back after his show down the street at The Anthem!

Fun Jack White facts: 1) He took 'White' as a surname when he married Meg. His maiden name is Gillis. 2) He's joined forces with Jack Black to form a new musical act: Jack Grey. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Can Brad Hand please be relieved of his position as closer now?  Please?

I saw Cleveland go up in the tenth, then I wound up turning away and taking care of a few things. I’m thinking maybe that was for the best. I also think “We’ll Take It!” is the Mets’ unofficial motto. “We tie the game because nobody covered first base on a potential double play? We’ll take it!”

Apologies for not being observant  . . . is ripping off a walk-off hero’s jersey now a thing in MLB? Just the Mets?

Edited by Lantern7
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Apologies for not being observant  . . . is ripping off a walk-off hero’s jersey now a thing in MLB? Just the Mets?

Nope, the Cubs do that too. I have no idea why. It seems so wasteful (which is a weird thing to think but it always crosses my mind when I see it happen!)

22 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Can Brad Hand please be relieved of his position as closer now?  Please?

I knew as soon as he came out that the game was over...just not the way we wanted it to be. SIGH.

Right now, I just can't wait for this game (and road trip) to be over. This NY road trip only started a week ago. It feels like a year ago!!

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:
14 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nope, the Cubs do that too. I have no idea why. It seems so wasteful (which is a weird thing to think but it always crosses my mind when I see it happen!)

That seems so much better than dog-piling on the hero while punching him.  I keep waiting for someone to get hurt in the celebration.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

That seems so much better than dog-piling on the hero while punching him.  I keep waiting for someone to get hurt in the celebration.

I love Frankie Lindor being the designated Gatorade-dumper over the hero in Cleveland. ☺

9 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Not really the same thing, but remember when Kendrys Morales broke his leg stomping on home plate after a walk-off homer?

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

Not really the same thing, but remember when Kendrys Morales broke his leg stomping on home plate after a walk-off homer?

No, but I remember Denny Hocking's finger was broken when he wound up in the bottom of a celebratory pile. Yeesh.

15 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Excuse me while I go be sick. (No, I'm not from Seattle.) 😷

It probably tastes decent, and there's protein. The main obstacle is getting over the hurdle about eating insects, which (wuss that I am) I probably couldn't do.

Honestly . . . there are two plates in front of you. One with toasted grasshoppers, one with Rocky Mountain Oysters. Which one would you eat if you had no option to leave the table?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

It probably tastes decent, and there's protein. The main obstacle is getting over the hurdle about eating insects, which (wuss that I am) I probably couldn't do.

Honestly . . . there are two plates in front of you. One with toasted grasshoppers, one with Rocky Mountain Oysters. Which one would you eat if you had no option to leave the table?

Yuck, I'm no fan of seafood either. I'll take the grasshoppers, as long as I don't have to eat an entire plate!!

10 minutes ago, Harry24 said:

Geez, those kitties look ENORMOUS.  Either that or the man in the photo is really teeny.

Looks like something that would pop up on Jay Leno's Headlines. 😂

5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Grasshoppers. Wouldn't even think twice about it. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Yuck, I'm no fan of seafood either. I'll take the grasshoppers, as long as I don't have to eat an entire plate!!

I'm not sure if you realize this, but Rocky Mountain Oysters are not oysters.

29 minutes ago, Harry24 said:

Geez, those kitties look ENORMOUS.

They are clearly related to this Big Boy.

23 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I didn't know they weren't oysters. I Can't Believe They're Not Oysters!! 😂

Heh, that was the statement I was trying to make with my gif. 

• LOL 1

Just caught the Braves and Mets going into extras. Forgot this was Players’ Weekend. Do  the uniforms have to be all white? It looks weird.

Question: does the coaching staffs get custom names on their jerseys as well? I’m thinking Mickey Callaway would opt for “I’M SO FINE,” given how his team has been doing lately.

13 hours ago, xaxat said:

Wait. What? The Yankees' offering is a shrimp po' boy?

43 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

All the home teams are in all white, and the away teams are in all black. So we can feel like we're watching on TV in 1952 I guess?

How is the Brewers' offering not just a brat with some Secret Stadium Sauce?  A brat in one hand, a beer in another, and sharing some deep fried cheese curds with your kid?  That's a good day at the ballpark.  Just keep your cardiologist's number handy!  I think I need to do a road trip through California - the cha cha bowl in San Fran, the brisket nachos in Oakland, and then the mahi mahi tacos in San Diego. 

These white unis are terrible.  You can't even read the names on the back.  Supposedly 3 Brewers are honoring Tyler Skaggs tonight, but you'd never know it.  

I want to kill these players weekend unis with fire.

I tuned in late because “Dazed and Confused” was on back to back on another channel l, so I have no idea what A-Rod is doing in the YES booth, but I am all for it.

On a related note, this Dodgers pitcher is SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW good god.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Cleveland was home and in black.  The all white look is awful; whatever price they paid to avoid the ice cream man look was worth it!

I was there tonight and in the upper deck. Between the umps in their normal dark blue/black gear and the Tribe in black, I thought I was looking down at crows!!! Where was Chris Sale with his scissors when we really needed him? 😉😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I was there tonight and in the upper deck. Between the umps in their normal dark blue/black gear and the Tribe in black, I thought I was looking down at crows!!! Where was Chris Sale with his scissors when we really needed him? 😉😂

I was there too!  The white unis were terrible!  I was downstairs near third, and, even from there, it was virtually impossible  to read the names on the Royals’ jerseys. It was even tough to make out the team name on the front.  Whoever designed them needs to be banished. They looked like they should’ve been driving ice cream trucks.

• Love 5

The ump’s strike zone today encompassed all of Dodgers Stadium and possibly the entirety of the city of Los Angeles, including Beverly Hills.  Also, calling time while Gleyber was motoring to home was trash.

• Love 1

I’m trying to remember the comparisons made in the SNY booth in regard to the white unis  . . .

• Spy vs. Spy
  • Oompa Loompas (in the sterilized room, after Mike Teevee fucked up)
  • Droogies (A Clockwork Orange)

Crap, that’s all I got.

Edited by Lantern7

My brother and sister-in-law have my tickets to this weekend's games. Friday, I get a text from them asking about the white/black uniforms and I have to explain it. And this is how my sister-in-law dressed for today's game:

62B18B3E-D2B8-4557-A16F-53FEF4325D68.thumb.jpeg.895344110d7aaa4a09e8a696dcc2621d.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

The Dodgers asked if for one game the two teams could wear their regular uniforms this weekend and MLB said no.

I mean, I get why baseball is trying to do the Player’s Weekend stuff but they are sucking all of the fun out of it with so many damn rules.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I get why baseball is trying to do the Player’s Weekend stuff but they are sucking all of the fun out of it with so many damn rules.

Also, I don't know how it's like for the other games, but the Astros and Angels players didn't really do much accessorizing. There are a few decorative bats and shoes, but most of them just picked a nickname and that's it.

The Dodgers asked if for one game the two teams could wear their regular uniforms this weekend and MLB said no.

Isn't the whole point of the weekend that the players get to wear more of what they want?  So instead TPTB are forcing them to wear these monstrosities and calling it fun?  🤦‍♀️ 

• Love 2