Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

So now baseball is over.  What do I do for the next 5 months??

Watch the Mets' new GM try to build a house from the roof down?

4 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

That was a great swing to immortalize forever! Machado looked like a toddler.

Well, he didn't think to slide spikes-first into the celebratory mob. Progress?

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

So now baseball is over.  What do I do for the next 5 months??

I'm flummoxed. I don't like any of the other sports. Except maybe hockey but Houston doesn't have a team, so I can't really get into it without regular coverage.

So now I guess I will obsess over the Hot Stove. Hope it's better than last year's snoozefest.

Steve Pearce, MVP, that was a gimme.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I'm flummoxed. I don't like any of the other sports. Except maybe hockey but Houston doesn't have a team, so I can't really get into it without regular coverage.

So now I guess I will obsess over the Hot Stove. Hope it's better than last year's snoozefest.

Steve Pearce, MVP, that was a gimme.

Give Soccer a try. Search YouTube for videos with either "Messi" or "Ronaldo" in them. It's a good gateway. Worldwide soccer fans are really good at making engaging YouTube content in a way that puts the four major US sports to shame, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Give Soccer a try. Search YouTube for videos with either "Messi" or "Ronaldo" in them. It's a good gateway. Worldwide soccer fans are really good at making engaging YouTube content in a way that puts the four major US sports to shame, honestly.

Thanks but a world of no on soccer. It bores me to death. I spent many months in the UK forced to watch soccer because it was all that was on in any given bar.

Yesssssssss Sox!

I’m super happy for Pearce. It’s just awesome when guys who don’t get the spotlight much (if at all) get it for stepping up at the right time. He was so clutch. And now he’s got a big-ass trophy to prove it for all time. :)

• Love 4

Figures coming from a franchise that will probably be a dumpster fire for the next few seasons. They have a few World Series and think that they can talk shit. Stuff like this is asking for bad karma, like the Dodgers picking up a dirty player prior to the playoffs. Look how that turned out for them, and your owner is a racist fool. As an Orioles fan, I would love a few WS appearances.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

???

That's not even the actual Giants account, and hi, welcome to the SF/LA rivalry. But even if it was the actual franchise talking shit, 

They have a few World Series and think that they can talk shit. 

Yes, yes they can actually. 3 in 5 years is nothing to sneeze at. We've been a dumpster fire for the last couple seasons, so, that's really not a new insult or prediction. ;) 

Annnnyway, anyone else catch this LA fan clapping after the Mookie HR? She cracked me up.

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
7 minutes ago, twoods said:

Figures coming from a franchise that will probably be a dumpster fire for the next few seasons. They have a few World Series and think that they can talk shit. Stuff like this is asking for bad karma, like the Dodgers picking up a dirty player prior to the playoffs. Look how that turned out for them, and your owner is a racist fool. As an Orioles fan, I would love a few WS appearances.

This is why no one likes Giants fans.

• Love 1

I know all about the SF/Dodgers rivalry because I live with it at home for the past 13 years, but it’s still tacky as hell. And I’m surprised there weren’t more idiot Dodgers fans clapping for the Red Sox considering the price of the game and likelihood that they know anything about baseball. Lakers games are eye rolling as well.

14 minutes ago, twoods said:

That's not from the Giants account. LOL. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, twoods said:

I know all about the SF/Dodgers rivalry because I live with it at home for the past 13 years, but it’s still tacky as hell. 

Yeah, rivalries, who even needs them in sports? Lame.

I hope your orioles make it to the WS?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That's not from the Giants account. LOL. 

And you're not even a Giants fan who posted something that's not even from the Giants' dumpster fire franchise's account. LOL. Sneaky Rockies fan ;)

Anyway, I'm going to go try to cry for not being liked by anyone. Actually I'm going to go hit the hay, but I'll try not to have sweet dreams. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Yesssssssss Sox!

I’m super happy for Pearce. It’s just awesome when guys who don’t get the spotlight much (if at all) get it for stepping up at the right time. He was so clutch. And now he’s got a big-ass trophy to prove it for all time. :)

Didn't the Yankees have him for about two weeks several years ago?

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh, that’s coooooooooolllld. I approve on principle and execution, though. ???

ETA: Just watch . . . deGrom will win the Cy Young Award, and the Yankees tweet something worse. #AnticipatingHindsight

Edited by Lantern7
5 hours ago, marymon said:

What do you have against strategy. :)

Bahahaha I suppose if executed properly, it could be interesting.

No I’m kidding it drives me insane to see a pitcher dealing but get yanked because the team needs a bat.

Also Roberts really didn’t prove he knows what strategy is.  Not even pitching, Cody Bellinger should have entered game one way sooner, analytics be damned.

11 hours ago, twoods said:

I know all about the SF/Dodgers rivalry because I live with it at home for the past 13 years, but it’s still tacky as hell.

Maybe, but the SF/LA mutual hatefest predates the introduction of MLB into California by a century, which is why MLB knew to bring the teams there in the first place - it's as bad as NYC vs Boston.   I grew up in LA, lived up north in Santa Cruz, then San Francisco for a few years.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Yesssssssss Sox!

And a truck.

• Love 1

Price redeemed himself and did what the Red Sox got him for.

Machado didn't do what the Dodgers got him for. I hope every club sees him for the immature jerk he is and he is lucky to get a one-year deal.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, bosawks said:

Hot Stove?

Living in the NYC area, it will be a very interesting off season/hot stove for both Mets and Yanks. Yanks have the Gardner/CC question of whether they come back as well as the Harper/Manny situation, does Andujar stay, what pitching will we be able to get. Mets have a new GM and lots of questions re almost every position. It will be fun and I'm glad the WS is over so they can start moving on players.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I’m really curious about the Phils Hot Stove.

I hope you get Manny. Only because I don't want him. I think the Yanks should just make him an offer. Yanks will never short change a FA so whatever they offer will be fair. If Manny doesn't like it then he can go whore himself out to any other organization. And when he comes crawling Cashman will just say, Sorry, dude. A fantasy but one that will keep me warm this winter.  

Edited by prican58
  • Love 1
On 10/29/2018 at 10:54 PM, Corgi-ears said:

Well, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.

Genius. Originality.  Gardy Party is right. It's a lot of money for a guy who likely will be a role player after his usual hot start. I do love him and he will be excellent insurance for the injury bug that will surely bite one of the OFs. They do have a lot of choices for the OF...including Jacoby. Let's face it, when he is healthy he is still a damn good OFer. Will be interesting if they do try to get Harper. 

• Love 1

I think in Boston parades past there have been beers thrown up to specific players (as in, offering it to them) who opened it and enjoyed.    But I think it was like specific players (looking at you, Gronk) in the past.   I think less smart folks have just assumed its carte-blanche to toss any up.

Edited by jcin617

Anybody else so desperate for baseball that they’re watching the Japan All Star Series? I actually DVRd the 3am airing so I could watch it when I woke up this morning. 

• Love 2