Type keyword(s) to search

The "Experts"

• Start Topic

I just saw on Dr. Oz's site that Dr. C has an additional degree in "Medical Science" from Boston University.  Whatever, I have no faith in his ability to read people and understand their motivations.  No offense to Clinical Psychology but it tends to attempt to quantify people a bit too much for my taste and attracts "clinicians" who are more of a scientific bent than they are of understanding the more irrational sides of human beings.  Which is one reason I studied Counseling Psych.  I was more interested in people as people, not people as objects of study.  Usually people defy being quantified and forced into "metrics".  Scientists put more trust in "instruments" than they do in good ol' intuition, but when it comes to people the instruments fall short and intuition into human motivations is a talent you can't buy or learn.  You are either born with it or you're not, and I don't think he was born with it.

I totally agree with this. He does come off very scientific and missing the intuitive aspect of counseling and people. Even on the Today show he kept talking about his "instruments" and the "data" and the number of pages that came from it. And look what this has accomplished! He knew based on paper Ryan D had a temper yet they still cast him and matched him with Jessica.

• Love 1

Right now, science is riding high with the public, who has become mistrustful of anything as subjective as "intuition" so clinicians like this guy think they have everything relevant about human beings all sewn up.  But as we have seen right here with this TV show, they don't, and even the audience, who doesn't have any special scientific background or "instruments" to use can see the 800 pound gorilla in the room that the so-called "experts" miss. 

• Love 2

Ok Found it. He graduated from Argosy University. Which is not a diploma mill. They are adult learning. :)

http://www.doctor.com/-Joseph_Cilona

Argosy has APA Accreditation which allows them to provide a licensing track. Working in Higher Education this is no easy task for a school to receive. Reputation of schools is subjective as some academics are progressive and others are more traditional.

I have to respectfully disagree - reputation of schools is certainly subjective, but by nearly every objective metric in the field of clinical psych, Argosy is near the bottom of the barrel. Accreditation by APA is actually a lower bar than ever, and it's helped by the fact that Argosy is a huge donor to APA. Not that I would ever recommend using reality TV to find a psychologist anyway, but Dr. C certainly isn't doing Argosy any favors!

• Love 6

Regardless of the quality of his school - and I know a complete idiot who went to Harvard Law School - it seems like we're all in agreement that Dr. C isn't very good. And I'm trying to be kind.

• Love 6

I'm interested in where you got that information solely from a personal stand point. I'd love to see the metrics or systems you are looking at comparing the schools. :)

And To your point, Bella, I think you can graduate from the best school and be a horrible psychologist. He's just not very intuitive. I wonder of the experts whose weight is in the most in setting these couples up.  Is Dr. C the developer of these and the rest just go along. Or do they really make thoughtful choices on who should be with who.  Last year the matches seemed to make sense - except for Vaughn and Monet - however, they agreed what they thought they wanted vs what they actually needed were so different. Which is why these instruments can fail. We can answer an assessment and think we want something but when it's actually presented to us as a reality it is another thing entirely.

Edited by SaucyMommy
  • Love 1

SaucyMommy, I think one point I'm reading in your comments is that there's an over-reliance on self-assessment. Even the "objective" measurements can be gamed.

So Dr. C needs most what he lacks most - an intuitive sense of how people fit together. Again, let's do something silly and send them to an international buffet. If we disastrously match up the super-serious CPA with the salesman who struggled with community college, at least they can agree on a restaurant at which to ignore each other! And it would probably be more entertaining to the viewers.

• Love 4

Yes! Exactly, Bella. How many times did we hear that on paper Monet and Vaughn were the most compatible of the couples in the first season. We watched how incredibly incompatible they were. You can have many things in common, but if your personalities don't work together - it will never work. How did they meet Monet and Vaughn, two VERY STRONG personalities, and assume they'd work together. After 1 episode I knew they'd bump heads the entire time. 

• Love 1

I think someone here mentioned eHarmony, that they were matched with someone who looked fine on paper, but in reality it didn't work.  I don't think personality tests can really determine anything in the real world.  Sean and Davina were both bullied as children; Ryan D and Jessica were both raised by step-fathers.  I don't think that's anything to build a relationship on, but then again, maybe it could work, depending on the people involved.

• Love 3

I think someone here mentioned eHarmony, that they were matched with someone who looked fine on paper, but in reality it didn't work.  I don't think personality tests can really determine anything in the real world.  Sean and Davina were both bullied as children; Ryan D and Jessica were both raised by step-fathers.  I don't think that's anything to build a relationship on, but then again, maybe it could work, depending on the people involved.

That was me! It's funny though because I eventually married a person I met on Eharmony but met MANY people, many bad first dates off that sight too.  The funny part is my hubby and I are polar opposite in our interests and personalities, but our core values are the exact same. We have totally opposite upbringings too. Nothing about our childhoods are the same - at all. Which is why I continue to find the bullying part to be ridiculous. Or as you said the part about step fathers too. It's like they are searching for something. I seriously wonder if the production was like here are your 6 finalists - match them. That's honestly what it feels like to me

• Love 3

I just saw on Dr. Oz's site that Dr. C has an additional degree in "Medical Science" from Boston University.  Whatever, I have no faith in his ability to read people and understand their motivations.  No offense to Clinical Psychology but it tends to attempt to quantify people a bit too much for my taste and attracts "clinicians" who are more of a scientific bent than they are of understanding the more irrational sides of human beings.  Which is one reason I studied Counseling Psych.  I was more interested in people as people, not people as objects of study.  Usually people defy being quantified and forced into "metrics".  Scientists put more trust in "instruments" than they do in good ol' intuition, but when it comes to people the instruments fall short and intuition into human motivations is a talent you can't buy or learn.  You are either born with it or you're not, and I don't think he was born with it.

That's why I find psychology to be a bit of a pseudoscience. Don't get me wrong, it's an important academic field, but not always very scientific IMO. I mean what other science relies mostly on self-reporting by the study objects? Sure they use a lot of statistical analysis to hone their tests to be as accurate as possible, but they're still far from perfect. Not to mention the human psyche is so incredibly complex and defies any set rules.

• Love 3

I think the point that we all get here is that people are more than the sum of their parts and the sum of their preferences and qualities.  Psychologists like Dr. C. like to place their credence in "objective criteria" such as interest and temperament inventories but anyone with any ounce of common sense and experience with these things would know that even at best (if they were really that reliable) they can only account for a part of a person, not the whole person.  I started on the internet back in the '90s on a mailing lists for people of the INFJ personality type according to the Myers-Briggs test.  We used to have in person gatherings all over the country so I got to meet a lot of people of my "type".  We used to take other inventories and many of us scored similarly on those too.  Well, needless to say that having all that in common was no guarantee that we would all be compatible with each other.  Just like any group of random people some of us became great friends and others enemies!  There's always that little "who knows what" of difference in each of us that makes us unique.  And just because you have a lot in common with someone doesn't mean you have a better chance of succeeding.  I think there is a point at which too much in common might actually work against a relationship but of course it's different for every two people.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4

That's why I find psychology to be a bit of a pseudoscience. Don't get me wrong, it's an important academic field, but not always very scientific IMO. I mean what other science relies mostly on self-reporting by the study objects? Sure they use a lot of statistical analysis to hone their tests to be as accurate as possible, but they're still far from perfect. Not to mention the human psyche is so incredibly complex and defies any set rules.

I agree with you 100%.  I think a lot of psychologists today want to cling to the idea that they are involved in a science because they devalue anything that is NOT a science.  I don't want to get too far off the topic of the experts on the show, but just because something doesn't conform to scientific methods doesn't mean it can't have some truth to it or be right - But unfortunately these people have to believe that "instruments" can match people more accurately than good old matchmaker intuition probably because they weren't born with very good intuition.  When you have good instincts about people, you don't need so-called instruments and you can be surprisingly more accurate than them, too!

• Love 1

There was a show many years ago that had one bachelor/ette making 3 date choices out of a preselected group. There was a panel of experts involved. Then the choosing person had to live with each selected date for a week. Some of the couples started out disliking each other but warmed up as the week -- and enforced closeness -- went on. At the end, the person picked which of the 3 dates they wanted to continue a relationship with. I think we see a lot of the same dynamic here. First impressions are often wrong.

• Love 1

I did some research, since I've been wondering about this as well.

According to her website, Dr. Logan Levkoff has a husband and two kids. According to LinkedIn Greg Epstein was also married last June to his wife Jackie. So those two are alright.

Dr. Pepper, on the other hand, has been married at least twice. 23 years the second time, but she ended up single again in her 50's and wrote an erotic memoir called Prime. Here's a review, if you want to be disturbed: http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/books/article/UW-sexologist-Pepper-Schwartz-bares-her-1244137.php#page-1

Dr. C is gay I believe. No idea of his relationship status.

That is just nasty! Dr Pepper says she likes men that make her laugh and make her moan? ICK factor. She is old enough to be a grandmother. The only moaning she needs to be doing is getting on the stool to get something she can't reach! She is the one expert I don't think should be giving advice to anyone!

That is just nasty! Dr Pepper says she likes men that make her laugh and make her moan? ICK factor. She is old enough to be a grandmother. The only moaning she needs to be doing is getting on the stool to get something she can't reach! She is the one expert I don't think should be giving advice to anyone!

Is this comment agest?  So when you're a certain age you're not supposed to have sex anymore?  No bueno.

• Love 12

Yeah, I'm 56 and I felt that comment was ageist.  Although I would personally experience an ick factor to Pepper just based on her and some of the more racy aspects of her sexual practices, not on whether she still has an active sex life.  But my ick response doesn't have anything to do with her age.  And even with the ick factor, I would defend her right to engage in those things despite my personal discomfort with some of them.

• Love 3

I remember those days.......when I was in college my roommate's parents got divorced, and I thought to myself, why are they even bothering? Their lives are virtually over, they are so old. And they were probably younger than when I got divorced, at 51, and I got remarried at 58. It is true that age is just a number. Hopefully I am a little wiser:)

• Love 5

When I attended university back in the eighties, I planned to become a psychologist but quickly became disillusioned since it WAS all fluffy and a soft science, nothing seemed definitive at all.  But I believe that the pendelum has swung to the side of science, by focusing on biology and objective testing. That's why most psychology degrees are now Bachelor of Science and not a Bachelor of Art. I'm not thinking of statistical analysis as much as measuring brain activity thru MRIs and objective not subjective testing. If ratings weren't the primary goal of this show, I think it's possible that we'd get some successful pairings. Actually, I think it would be entertaining to have one marriage arranged by a professional matchmaker, another one is an accomplished or at least promising psychologist not a celebrity one (although a legit psychologist would hardly agree to go on this show), and someone using metrics. Might be interesting. 

I think the point that we all get here is that people are more than the sum of their parts and the sum of their preferences and qualities.  Psychologists like Dr. C. like to place their credence in "objective criteria" such as interest and temperament inventories but anyone with any ounce of common sense and experience with these things would know that even at best (if they were really that reliable) they can only account for a part of a person, not the whole person.  I started on the internet back in the '90s on a mailing lists for people of the INFJ personality type according to the Myers-Briggs test.  We used to have in person gatherings all over the country so I got to meet a lot of people of my "type".  We used to take other inventories and many of us scored similarly on those too.  Well, needless to say that having all that in common was no guarantee that we would all be compatible with each other.  Just like any group of random people some of us became great friends and others enemies!  There's always that little "who knows what" of difference in each of us that makes us unique.  And just because you have a lot in common with someone doesn't mean you have a better chance of succeeding.  I think there is a point at which too much in common might actually work against a relationship but of course it's different for every two people.

Well, I'm crushed! I love the Myers-Briggs test and feel that the result completely nails my personality. And I felt a nice kinship to the few people sharing my category - INTP -  a small minority of the overall population. Now I know that I probably wouldn't have gotten along with most of them if I'd actually met them, I'm.....happy that I never bothered. Sometimes it helps to be lazy!

As noted above, sexual desire and drives don't just diminish because you get older or horrors! have grandchildren. It's great to have a vibrant, exciting love life but not all of us necessarily have the urge to overshare with viewers and readers. Her book might explain why she was the only "expert" I've heard of before.

I watched a CNN special about atheism in America and they talked to Greg Epstein as part of the show. He didn't say anything noteworthy but I was startled to see his big moon face pop up when I wasn't expecting it. He's probably had the least air time of all the experts on this show.

• Love 3

Well, I'm crushed! I love the Myers-Briggs test and feel that the result completely nails my personality. And I felt a nice kinship to the few people sharing my category - INTP -  a small minority of the overall population. Now I know that I probably wouldn't have gotten along with most of them if I'd actually met them, I'm.....happy that I never bothered. Sometimes it helps to be lazy!

I know just how you feel.  I felt the same way about the extremely small number of people who are INFJs.  What a reality check to find out we weren't some kind of utopian community, LOL.  Back in the day the INTP mailing lists were THE most active of all the types and despite INTPs being known as one of the most sweet and loveable types, there was a LOT of drama on their lists.  I could never keep track of it all but it was a lot like a soap opera.  You don't even have to meet the people in person to have that stuff happen.  A lot can happen online all by itself.  I wouldn't say you might not get along with most of them, but probably at least as many as in any group of random people.  It taught me a lesson that what the MBTI is testing for is only part of the story, not the whole story, when it comes to human beings.  Even when you had more than one test result in common you wouldn't necessarily get along that well.  I remember getting to know people who had taken a few tests as me with similar results and not loving them any more than anyone else without all that in common!

Thanks CrazyChicken for your post! Good info. I don't have time to find this stuff so happy you shared! The experts are OK to me.They don't offend me enough to bash them. Dr. Phil would be fun to watch dissecting the couples!

Agree with you. I don't get all the hate toward the experts. This is part real life, part TV show. I don't think they take it lightly, I think they do their effort. Giving the circumstances they are working on, they are ok. They are doing their part. O course, that in not the only "part", the other part is the producers, who have a different agenda. Why not get mad at the producers?

People who willingly get into this show have to be well aware of this. It is a huge risk to put themselves out there.

Edited by Passthepopcorn

What makes these experts experts? do they all have significant others? have they been succesful in finding partners? while they talk about their educational qualifications, there is no mention of their personal lives. so what makes them expert in finding love really?

Their personal lives don't matter. A psychologist or a spiritual counselor who works with a victim of rape or a drug addict's child or a war veteran, etc doesn't have to have had the experience himself/herself. They just have to be trained and have the tools to help them and guide them.

So a marriage/couple counselor doesn't have to necessarily be a person who's been happily married for 25 years.

Edited by Passthepopcorn
  • Love 3

Agree with you. I don't get all the hate toward the experts. This is part real life, part TV show. I don't think they take it lightly, I think they do their effort. Giving the circumstances they are working on, they are ok. They are doing their part. O course, that in not the only "part", the other part is the producers, who have a different agenda. Why not get mad at the producers?

People who willingly get into this show have to be well aware of this. It is a huge risk to put themselves out there.

(And I would love to hear what Dr. Phil has to say about it!)

Speaking for myself I do not 'hate' the experts, I do not like that they knowingly put a man with anger issues that admits he will not apologise on the show especially with a more sensitive partner who is expected to suck it up so she can become 'less sensitive' to fix him. Maybe before all the in depth testing they rule out people that are just general arseholes.

Maybe I am not one to talk though, they say the experiment in part is because in todays society we are all too ready to walk from a relationship when it gets hard. If my husband (15 years) acted like Ryan and then failed to apologise I would tell him to pull his head out of butt & stop acting like a jerk. If he continued to act like that I would not hesitate to leave. For me my self worth is worth more than be treated like crap and be expected to accept it because 'that is just me'. I love my husband but I am not his therapist or his mother if he can not treat me with respect then why the heck would I stick around.

• Love 2

I know serious Psychologists in the field that would take a dim eye to any of their ilk who would participate in a reality show.  The field has professional ethics and standards and those who would seek fame and fortune this way would be seen as compromising all of the principles they're supposed to represent.  So honestly, I don't care what school they went to or what kind of reputation they have, they're not doing themselves any real favors in the eyes of their peers by doing this show.

• Love 2

(And I would love to hear what Dr. Phil has to say about it!)

Ah, he's just a teevee "Dr. Yahoo" ~~ another one, thanks to Oprah ~~ that spouts inane things for sound bites. He wouldn't lend credence to anyone on this show.

• Love 2

I totally agree with this. He does come off very scientific and missing the intuitive aspect of counseling and people. Even on the Today show he kept talking about his "instruments" and the "data" and the number of pages that came from it. And look what this has accomplished! He knew based on paper Ryan D had a temper yet they still cast him and matched him with Jessica.

How do we know if they are required by the producers or execs to use and rely on this instruments only, because of possible law suits?

It is easier to show proof with this scientific cookie cutter tests ("it says so here and this is used by the FBI, CIA, blah, blah.) than with the argument of " oh well, it was the experts' guts".

Again, I see that all the guns are pointed at the experts, but there is a whole team behind it. And they don't have to show their faces and deal with the public opinion.

Just a thought.

Speaking for myself I do not 'hate' the experts, I do not like that they knowingly put a man with anger issues that admits he will not apologise on the show especially with a more sensitive partner who is expected to suck it up so she can become 'less sensitive' to fix him. Maybe before all the in depth testing they rule out people that are just general arseholes.

Maybe I am not one to talk though, they say the experiment in part is because in todays society we are all too ready to walk from a relationship when it gets hard. If my husband (15 years) acted like Ryan and then failed to apologise I would tell him to pull his head out of butt & stop acting like a jerk. If he continued to act like that I would not hesitate to leave. For me my self worth is worth more than be treated like crap and be expected to accept it because 'that is just me'. I love my husband but I am not his therapist or his mother if he can not treat me with respect then why the heck would I stick around.

"help each other grow" doesn't mean "fix". I read it as in "complement".

We've seen these couples on TV, under stressful, intense, crazy circumstances. With a camera following them even inside their room. With lots of edits. Just a few days of their lives or through social media. We don't know these people more than the experts that have been with them face to face. And for that reason, I keep an open mind.

What if people are underestimating Jessica, how do we know she won't stand up for herself (so far she's been with him 4 days), what if they are cutting out every single nice gesture he's done? What do we know...

Edited by Passthepopcorn
  • Love 2

I know serious Psychologists in the field that would take a dim eye to any of their ilk who would participate in a reality show.  The field has professional ethics and standards and those who would seek fame and fortune this way would be seen as compromising all of the principles they're supposed to represent.  So honestly, I don't care what school they went to or what kind of reputation they have, they're not doing themselves any real favors in the eyes of their peers by doing this show.

Dr. C. dropped by this forum at the start of the first season and explained how long and hard he had to think about being part of this show, since he was worried it would ruin his reputation. This is a guy who is published in such scientific publications as Glamour and Cosmopolitan. I guess his involvement was supposed to convince us that this is a serious social experiment, not just a reality TV show.

• Love 5

Dr. C. dropped by this forum at the start of the first season and explained how long and hard he had to think about being part of this show, since he was worried it would ruin his reputation. This is a guy who is published in such scientific publications as Glamour and Cosmopolitan. I guess his involvement was supposed to convince us that this is a serious social experiment, not just a reality TV show.

And then he never came back because we asked questions and debated the show & participants instead of sucking up to him and telling him how great he was.

• Love 7

That was me! It's funny though because I eventually married a person I met on Eharmony but met MANY people, many bad first dates off that sight too.  The funny part is my hubby and I are polar opposite in our interests and personalities, but our core values are the exact same. We have totally opposite upbringings too. Nothing about our childhoods are the same - at all. Which is why I continue to find the bullying part to be ridiculous. Or as you said the part about step fathers too. It's like they are searching for something. I seriously wonder if the production was like here are your 6 finalists - match them. That's honestly what it feels like to me

I think you hit the nail on the head with "Core values".  If their values in life aren't the same, it isn't going to work, period.  Doesn't matter how many personality tests match them together.

Edited by MissScarlett
  • Love 2

Sorry the ick factor is thinking anyone my parent's age get it on but I know they do more than I want to think about and when I am in my 50's & 60's my kids will think it is icky too. Something off about thinking about your mom or someone her age in the throes of passion ( I need a shower now)  I am sure parents think their kids are equally disgusting  hahaha  I just find Dr Pepper in general creepy. 

Edited by HappilyEverAfter
  • Love 1

Sorry the ick factor is thinking anyone my parent's age get it on but I know they do more than I want to think about and when I am in my 50's & 60's my kids will think it is icky too.I just find Dr Pepper in general creepy. 

I sort of, semi-forgive you. ;-)  No one wants to think about their parents doing it. But that's not age-related beyond the fact that they're older than you by definition. And I'd like Dr. Pepper more if I didn't know she'd written her erotic memoirs and published them

• Love 2

Sorry the ick factor is thinking anyone my parent's age get it on but I know they do more than I want to think about and when I am in my 50's & 60's my kids will think it is icky too. Something off about thinking about your mom or someone her age in the throes of passion ( I need a shower now)  I am sure parents think their kids are equally disgusting  hahaha  I just find Dr Pepper in general creepy. 

Here's something you may or may not realize - Your parents probably have an "ick" factor to thinking about you having sex too.  It works both ways.  I don't have kids but all my friends who do put their hands over their ears and go "lalalalala" if I draw attention to the fact that their kids are having sex, LOL.  Even when their kids are married with kids or their kids' friends!!

• Love 6

That was 400 hours wasted then, all this magical data bought us two trainwreck couples and one couple that know how to communicate. Last year he only had 100 pages per participant so he has created a lot more paperwork for himself and yet could not see the basic character traits that created the trainwreck.

On a related note

I wish Dr C would stop with the huge pool of applicants to match according to his own figures (3800 pages of data/150 pages per applicant) they only looked at 26 people in depth, I would met more potential spouses at the pub.

And Logan stop with the 'we gave them the tools to a successful marriage now it is up to them' No you didn't you threw them to the wolves, it is pretty evident this year that the ability to communicate was not one of the priorities and I saw no evidence that any of the experts explained to the participants what makes a successful marriage.

• Love 7

Much truth to this, Chicken. Seems there are three warm and fuzzy types - Ryan R., Jaclin and Jessica, and two cold, self-centered knuckleheads - Ryan D. and Davina, and Sean, who's an enigma, a strange ranger who's weirdness is hard to sum up in one sentence. Two of the nice ones seem to be working out nicely and all bets are off for the remaining quartet. The Latin flower learned within one week that she had to walk on eggs so as not to detonate her dreamboat's temper and that her opinion to him sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher, and the other pair is ruled by Life According to Davina. Hard to imagine that they would have been attracted to each other in real life. Now the only tools they have are the experts' opinions.

• Love 3

I agree that Dr. C was probably salivating at the chance to be on this show.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has an agent who got him on it.  Who is he kidding that he didn't want to be on the show?  He has "media whore" written all over his face and his resume confirms it.

• Love 4

...does he realize that Great Expectations was a book before it was adapted into a screenplay?

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/946368/Dr-Joseph-Cilona-NEW%2BYORK-NY.html

It's strange that I know people who have been practicing for much longer (and at prestigious hospitals) than Dr. C who don't have reviews on these types of websites, much less straight 5-out-of-5 reviews. Perhaps Bella can do an analysis of these reviews to see if they match his little dissertations on the baby board, ha ha.

I seriously died laughing at this

https://web.archive.org/web/20030213063233/http://members.aol.com/josephC316/index.htm

This is my favorite post today. Hands down. Model/Actor/Instrument player and maker!

I wonder about the "instruments" and if people are really telling the truth. I have often lied (hanging head in shame) on such "instruments" because I was concerned about how I would be perceived. Also lots of us have no self-awareness at all. A friend recently described herself in a way that is opposite of how she comes across to others. So I think that the "self-reporting" like others mentioned may be one of the problems. Also no one can truly predict whether two people connect or not. The experts likely had a small pool to choose from and probably had producer demands thrown in as well for looks, personality, etc. I would think that would make their jobs extremely difficult. 

In a true arranged marriage... the parents would have the benefit of having years to get to know their own child and hopefully the intended spouse as well so would not be so easily fooled. Unfortunately, most of us are really good at pretending for at least a short amount of time. 

• Love 3

He is still posting rarely on another forum.  He has just replied to a similar question, I will just cut and paste as it is rather lengthy.

OY. You know, watching season 2, I've found it really helps to imagine the experts are aliens playing with human-shaped dolls in a virtual reality simulator. It makes them seem a little less awful and certainly more bearable. However, reading this response has me even more convinced that the demise of this show will be in tears when they end up casting a criminal/someone who is mentally unbalanced/dangerous.

• Love 2

And then he never came back because we asked questions and debated the show & participants instead of sucking up to him and telling him how great he was.

Damn it. See, this is why we're still single, ladies. ;)

• Love 4

Dr. Pepper is such a twit. Matched Jessica and Ryan Douche because they would be sexy together, and when this stupid, doomed pair fails, she says they need to put in the work? No, they need to move out and cut their losses.

• Love 7

These "experts" are such ass. Pairing Ryan R. and Jaclyn together when they knew relocating was their deal-breaker. 

And Dr. Pepper's "sexy" comment was so juvenile. She showed her ass with that one.

• Love 9

Either they were yapping one-size-fits-all useless bromides in tonight's episode, or else we had the ludicrous rationalizations like Pepper's "sexy" crap. The Experts! Embarrassing themselves one episode at a time.

• Love 4