Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: The Baker In The Bits

When the body of an ex-con is found in pieces, the Jeffersonian team investigates a local bakery known for employing former felons. But they soon learn that the victim was involved in a robbery gone bad, and start targeting suspects from the ex-con’s past. Meanwhile, “squintern” Arastoo Vazirir (guest star Pej Vahdat) must decide whether to return to Iran to visit his dying brother, which causes friction between him and Cam.

The costume designers are apparently trying to torture me. First Cam was wearing that great dress when she was being selfish in the lab with Arastoo, then she was wearing that fabulous coat when she got coffee outside with Booth.

Bones and Booth in the field together yay! Bones wearing a blazer a size too small that gapped and rode up her belly booooo.

Aubrey is tall which is my catnip so watching him get out of the Suburban while pulling his gun was sexy. I don't know what that says about me but there ya go.

• Love 1

The costume designers are apparently trying to torture me. First Cam was wearing that great dress when she was being selfish in the lab with Arastoo, then she was wearing that fabulous coat when she got coffee outside with Booth....

Aubrey is tall which is my catnip so watching him get out of the Suburban while pulling his gun was sexy. I don't know what that says about me but there ya go.

That coat would look perfect on my middle daughter...

And I like Aubrey too, but I think it's his personality.

Do Bones and Booth hate each other, or Emily and David? There was more affection in his shoulder squeeze of Cam (not that I have a problem with their friendship) than I've seen between the two of them in months.  He compared working with his wife to Afghan terrorists?  Okay.....

He compared working with his wife to Afghan terrorists?  ..

Technically he compared her to the Iranian regime. Also, how would Booth know what Iran is like, being in Iraq and Afghanistan is not the same thing.

I'd seriously watch this show if it was just Cam and Arastoo, I love them. He better come back from Iran.

I love Cam and Arastoo together.  They make a great couple.  I hope nothing happens to him.  I kept waiting for Cam (or Booth) to come up with some contact overseas where his brother could be brought over to the US for treatment (some type of humanitarian-type thing). 

I usually like Cam's clothes, but I really liked Angela's in this episode.  The red dress she had on at first, and then the other one when she was standing in front of her ginormous computer screen.

Maybe I missed something, but did they give any kind of motive for the ex-con bakery guy to be killing other ex-cons (and the priest)?  Or was he just crazy?  I thought for sure that it was the owner of the bakery, who killed the guy rather than have it come out that he had gone back to his old ways (and would then prove that he couldn't help every ex-con).

• Love 1

I kept expecting Cam to suggest she go with Aristoo, or even instead of him. Her citizenship is not in question, but clearly she didn't want to make any sacrifices or deal with the situation at all on any level. I really didn't like how easily she was willing to dismiss the concern over his brother.

...Maybe I missed something, but did they give any kind of motive for the ex-con bakery guy to be killing other ex-cons (and the priest)?  Or was he just crazy?

Nope. Just crazy. I guess they assumed all Bones viewers had scene at least a few episodes of Criminal Minds and could extrapolate from there.
  • Love 1

I kept expecting Cam to suggest she go with Aristoo, or even instead of him. Her citizenship is not in question, but clearly she didn't want to make any sacrifices or deal with the situation at all on any level. I really didn't like how easily she was willing to dismiss the concern over his brother.

I really don't think Cam going would be helpful and may in fact make things worse (though it might have been nice to see her suggest this and Arastoo shoot the idea down), but I definitely agree that she was very dismissive of Arastoo's concern over his brother (Hamid?). It bothered me a lot that she was trying to make it all about her. Really, she should be reasonably sure that if it was her dying in Iran instead of his brother, he'd react in pretty much the same way. It's not an issue of not caring about her and it's also not her decision to make.

It sounds like the brother is dying though, so it's not like Arastoo really needs to make sure his brother is getting the best care possible. It's more just going to see him one last time, and I think it took both characters a while to finally cut the charade and say that out loud. Cam could find all the doctors in the world and it wouldn't make any difference.

There were a lot of things about that storyline that I didn't like, but I did agree with Brennan though that Arastoo needs to acknowledge the danger he's putting himself in. Pretending everything will be fine isn't helpful for anyone.

Cam going to Iran is just not plausible. The Iranian government is extremely anti-american and the US still does not have diplomatic relations with them. And that is before you consider their religious stance on single women and non-Muslims. Cam would be at very high risk of being arrested as a "spy", the way others have been when just hiking along the border. 

• Love 1

Cam going to Iran is just not plausible. The Iranian government is extremely anti-american and the US still does not have diplomatic relations with them. And that is before you consider their religious stance on single women and non-Muslims. Cam would be at very high risk of being arrested as a "spy", the way others have been when just hiking along the border.

Yes, but I thought they should have been able to shoehorn in a line or two beginning with her saying, "I wish I could go with you, but..." or Aristoo saying, "I wish you could come with me, but..." and then maybe ending with something upbeat like, "Maybe someday our native countries will have open relations." They could've even worked in a little romantic pun with the word "relations." Not everyone who watches this show would know about the current state of Iran/US relations and might wonder why it was not suggested that she go.

I don't think the frosty relationship between the US and Iran is a secret...honestly I'd be surprised if anyone thought it would be safe for an American to travel there.
Instead I think Cam could have offered to go and "take the risk" with Arastoo. There's no way he'd let her and it really wouldn't be smart of her to actually go.

Her not offering to go with him bothered me a lot less than her seeming disregard for Arastoo's desire to see his brother one last time.

I just thought she was showing very little regard for Arastoo or his family, and wanted the whole thing to disappear. For all her talk of teamwork, she wasn't really asking to be on the team, she was just kind of asking to dismiss the issue. Her going to Iran may not have been The Answer, but it was the sort of gesture she would make to discuss options if she was taking it all seriously. I also thought she might suggest they officially marry before he leaves, but again-- she wasn't thinking in that way-- she actually used his interest in marrying her against him, as though her so far being unwilling to do it was not relevant to how he might feel about his freedom to make choices. It was just very cold of her, and I wanted to see her actually caring and acting like his partner, not his boss for the purposes of that conversation. Not saying marrying impulsively or trying to go with him would necessarily be right, but I do think that her failure to even consider those or any other options that included her says something about how serious she actually is(n't) about him. You can't make someone your partner and pretend their entire life history outside the relationship just doesn't matter. Brennan was right that Arastoo needed to face what the dangers were, but Cam also needs to face the full spectrum of the life of the person she says she loves. You have to care, and not try to just demand it go away.

• Love 2