Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers

• Start Topic

RE Kelly there was a scene where Jenn said vote out Kelly because she was the glue holding them together.  Mike really relied on her.  So I think they thought if they took out Kelly it would create cracks within the Blues.

(edited)

Yea, if one of the S30 males is a pre-merge boot I bet it's Vince.

Redmond is saying the voting will close on May 20th, which is the day they'll announce the cast. I'm surprised they're having voting all the way up to the reveal day.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)

Redmond has the final pool of contestants chosen for S31 voting (except he still hasn't listed the S30 contenders-wonder why that is still such a big secret).  Greg Buis is out, which I'm disappointed but not shocked to see.  Hayden from BvsW is also out, and that one I am disappointed with (especially since Brad, Woo, Stephen, Jim, Troyzan, Keith, and Terry are included).  Angie from Philippines is out, and I'm somewhat disappointed by her exclusion as well, even though I wasn't initially on board.  Somehow I'm not feeling as great about this season as when it was first announced.  I am hoping the old school Survivors get on (Kelly, Jeff, Savage, and even Kimmi).  I feel like my favorites that I'm actually going to be rooting for all doomed for an early exit.  Really an interesting mix.  The ladies side definitely wins for me.

So his final list, if his source is correct:

https://twitter.com/RedmondSurvivor

And he has the official S31 cast portraits as well.  I'm honestly disappointed if one of the S30 males is in fact a pre-merge boot, because none of them appeal to me.  I would much rather have seen another male from a different season get on, or have them add another female slot over the male.  Only S30 male I care to see again is Joe.  Vince is even creepier off the show.  And since Mike has hit up almost everyone on that list (including some that were cut), I'm convinced he's one of the chosen ones.

Yea, if one of the S30 males is a pre-merge boot I bet it's Vince.

Redmond is saying the voting will close on May 20th, which is the day they'll announce the cast. I'm surprised they're having voting all the way up to the reveal day.

I wonder if that's a strategic purpose on the part of the show-no one gets leaked out in advance, and assuming no one from casting tells the castaways who is a lock to get on, they can't rush to build any last minute alliances before heading out.  They may be aligning with the very people who end up getting cut!  I'm actually surprised/disappointed by the number of S30 alum in the running, considering what a lackluster season it has been.  It's why I wonder if TPTB will have any say in casting, and limit the number of contestants from a specific season (if all the S28 & S30 contestants made it, that would be enough for a tribe on its own).  And to ensure some of the lesser known, earlier contestants have a shot.  I kind of hope so.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Redmond has the final pool of contestants chosen for S31 voting (except he still hasn't listed the S30 contenders-wonder why that is still such a big secret). Greg Buis is out, which I'm disappointed but not shocked to see. Hayden from BvsW is also out, and that one I am disappointed with (especially since Brad, Woo, Stephen, Jim, Troyzan, Keith, and Terry are included). Angie from Philippines is out, and I'm somewhat disappointed by her exclusion as well, even though I wasn't initially on board. Somehow I'm not feeling as great about this season as when it was first announced. I am hoping the old school Survivors get on (Kelly, Jeff, Savage, and even Kimmi). I feel like my favorites that I'm actually going to be rooting for all doomed for an early exit. Really an interesting mix. The ladies side definitely wins for me.

So his final list, if his source is correct:

https://twitter.com/RedmondSurvivor

And he has the official S31 cast portraits as well. I'm honestly disappointed if one of the S30 males is in fact a pre-merge boot, because none of them appeal to me. I would much rather have seen another male from a different season get on, or have them add another female slot over the male. Only S30 male I care to see again is Joe. Vince is even creepier off the show. And since Mike has hit up almost everyone on that list (including some that were cut), I'm convinced he's one of the chosen ones.

I wonder if that's a strategic purpose on the part of the show-no one gets leaked out in advance, and assuming no one from casting tells the castaways who is a lock to get on, they can't rush to build any last minute alliances before heading out. They may be aligning with the very people who end up getting cut! I'm actually surprised/disappointed by the number of S30 alum in the running, considering what a lackluster season it has been. It's why I wonder if TPTB will have any say in casting, and limit the number of contestants from a specific season (if all the S28 & S30 contestants made it, that would be enough for a tribe on its own). And to ensure some of the lesser known, earlier contestants have a shot. I kind of hope so.

I think it's typical of how they do full All star seasons having backups for people. Kelly Goldsmith said on Survivor Oz she was cut the day before she was supposed to leave All-Stars when she asked why she was told she was. Back up for Jenna M who wasn't definite because of her mom And Shi-Ann who wanted more money from the producers. The original list had mutiple people who filled the same role it really isn't surprising if John Cody, Hayden and Angie were all backups for people.

(edited)

S30 players are listed: Joe, Mike, Max, Carolyn, and Shirin.  Disappointed with all but one of those, and didn't see Carolyn coming.  I figured Max would be the pre-merge male.  Hopefully he goes out earlier than he did this time.  I doubt they'll all make it on, though I suspect Joe is a definite, and probably Mike.  All I can say is Joe better make it at least to the merge again, and hopefully farther.  I doubt Carolyn and maybe Max will make it unless TPTB have their way.  I still will go with the theory that if Shirin makes it on, she goes out early.  Disappointed no Hali or Jenn.

Between Woo, Troyzan, and Joe, I wonder if it'll be a battle of the hair.

I think it's typical of how they do full All star seasons having backups for people. Kelly Goldsmith said on Survivor Oz she was cut the day before she was supposed to leave All-Stars when she asked why she was told she was. Back up for Jenna M who wasn't definite because of her mom And Shi-Ann who wanted more money from the producers. The original list had mutiple people who filled the same role it really isn't surprising if John Cody, Hayden and Angie were all backups for people.

Oh, I'm sure they and the others that were cut probably were-and also, yeah, it seems as though enough of those "types" were cast, especially the young alpha males.  And with Brad (ugh) and Vytas already on board from BvsW, not surprised they cut John and Hayden.  Just disappointed that they were the ones who were cut over some others.  But looking at the cast, it looks like Probst's dream team on the mens side.  I wonder if he'll forget to announce the ladies that made it at the reunion show and just rush the guys off stage and head to Cambodia.

Kelly G. getting cut from AS for Jenna M., who ended up dropping out anyway, was depressing.  I mean, I felt sorry for Jenna's circumstances, but it made me wonder why she ever went out in the first place.  And I had never heard that about Shii-Ann, but seriously?  Who do these people think they are?  

Edited by LadyChatts

Max and Shirin? I approve. I think it would be an uphill climb if either of them makes it . . . particularly Shirin, who might be viewed with sympathy and met with animosity for what she went through in S30.

I'm going to look at the profiles when they pop up. For the most part, names and faces don't cut it with me, because the show is a big blur in my head. A big blur with a Botoxed face.

OT: Shii Ann wanted more money? Sweet. Given how she was screwed in S5, I'd say she deserved it and the $100K Amber gave her at the Reunion . . . mostly because she was the only person to vote for her, as opposed to against Rob. YMMV, of course.

S30 players are listed: Joe, Mike, Max, Carolyn, and Shirin. Disappointed with all but one of those, and didn't see Carolyn coming. I figured Max would be the pre-merge male. Hopefully he goes out earlier than he did this time. I doubt they'll all make it on, though I suspect Joe is a definite, and probably Mike. All I can say is Joe better make it at least to the merge again, and hopefully farther. I doubt Carolyn and maybe Max will make it unless TPTB have their way. I still will go with the theory that if Shirin makes it on, she goes out early. Disappointed no Hali or Jenn.

Between Woo, Troyzan, and Joe, I wonder if it'll be a battle of the hair.

Oh, I'm sure they and the others that were cut probably were-and also, yeah, it seems as though enough of those "types" were cast, especially the young alpha males. And with Brad (ugh) and Vytas already on board from BvsW, not surprised they cut John and Hayden. Just disappointed that they were the ones who were cut over some others. But looking at the cast, it looks like Probst's dream team on the mens side. I wonder if werE

he'll forget to announce the ladies that made it at the reunion show and just rush the guys off stage and head to Cambodia.

Kelly G. getting cut from AS for Jenna M., who ended up dropping out anyway, was depressing. I mean, I felt sorry for Jenna's circumstances, but it made me wonder why she ever went out in the first place. And I had never heard that about Shii-Ann, but seriously? Who do these people think they are?

I agree I would have preferred John and Hayden over Vytas and Brad. As much as a douche Probst the one good thing is apparently he pushed for Tina and Gervase being on BvW so hopefully he will do the same thing here. Yeah Kelly said she quit her job to do all stars so she called production up and complained. They ended up giving her a job in casting for Vanuatu. She cast Julie, Brook, Brady and two other people but I forgot.

• Love 1
(edited)

The full list (for those having trouble putting names with faces-I had a harder time with more current contestants) are:

Females: Kelly W (Borneo), Kimmi (Outback), Teresa (Africa), Peih-Gee (China), Monica (Samoa), Stephanie, Natalie (RI), Mikayla (South Pacific), Sabrina (One World), Abi-Maria (Philippines), Ciera (Blood vs Water), Kass, Tasha (Cagayan), Kelley (San Juan), Carolyn, Shirin (Worlds Apart),

Males: Jeff (Outback), Andrew (Pearl Islands), Terry, Shane (Panama), Stephen (Tocantis), Jim (South Pacific), Troyzan (One World), Brad, Vytas (Blood vs Water), Spencer, Woo (Cagayan), Jeremy, Keith (San Juan), Joe, Mike, Max (Worlds Apart)

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Wait. Wasn't one of the requirements to be on S31 was that they couldn't have won? If so did they just spoil Mike and Carolyn not winning? Or is Mike a decoy?

Redmond said that basically If Mike or Carolyn win their spot will go to the next highest vote getter.

• Love 2
(edited)

Honestly, I feel like Carolyn rather than Mike is the potential winner/decoy (if there is one); I'm not seeing an edit supporting her second chance yet, like Mike has had. Who knows, all could change in a couple of episodes.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Redmond said that basically If Mike or Carolyn win their spot will go to the next highest vote getter.

Ok. That actually makes sense. I wonder if there's anything that can be read into the fact that there are 3 men from S30 but only 2 women? Seems strange it wouldn't be equal. I'm going with the theory that Mike wins and is a decoy because I can only accept Mike winning at this point:)

• Love 1

I agree I would have preferred John and Hayden over Vytas and Brad. As much as a douche Probst the one good thing is apparently he pushed for Tina and Gervase being on BvW so hopefully he will do the same thing here. Yeah Kelly said she quit her job to do all stars so she called production up and complained. They ended up giving her a job in casting for Vanuatu. She cast Julie, Brook, Brady and two other people but I forgot.

I like Vytas, but Brad was such a joke.  I wonder if he will have learned anything from his previous stint.  Also, I'm thinking he'll have a much tougher time playing the macho-man leader who wants to control the tribe and the votes.  And I would have taken John or Hayden over Vytas, but given the alternatives, Vytas will probably be getting my vote.  I know Probst was close with Tina, at least after Outback was done, so him going to bat for her I'm not surprised over.  Seeing Gervase, a first timer from the first season, was such a welcomed surprise after so many seasons of seeing people back for 2-4 times.  Glad to hear Probst went to bat for him.  Also, even though I like to blame Jeff for all bad decisions that happen on this show (and I feel 99% of the time I'm right-like this season), I know he doesn't completely call the shots.  He didn't want Fairplay to have any part of the FvsF, so there are some things I can agree with him on.

I loved me some Kelly G., and she is high on my list of Survivors that have never returned that I always wanted to see back.  I heard she was offered a spot on BvsW but couldn't find anyone to participate with her, or her partner backed out (something like that).  I read she recently had twins, so I wonder if she would have been offered a spot here if that weren't the case.  The two original and most memorable Kelly's, showing the other ones how to get noticed.  Glad to know she hasn't been completely forgotten by TPTB.

Ok. That actually makes sense. I wonder if there's anything that can be read into the fact that there are 3 men from S30 but only 2 women? Seems strange it wouldn't be equal. I'm going with the theory that Mike wins and is a decoy because I can only accept Mike winning at this point:)

I agree, I think either one is a decoy.
  • Love 1

I'm going with Carolyn as the decoy.  She doesn't seem as much of a fan favorite as the others from her season, so I can't see them wasting a spot on her.  Unless their first choices from this season declined, so they threw her in there.

(edited)

I like Vytas, but Brad was such a joke. I wonder if he will have learned anything from his previous stint. Also, I'm thinking he'll have a much tougher time playing the macho-man leader who wants to control the tribe and the votes. And I would have taken John or Hayden over Vytas, but given the alternatives, Vytas will probably be getting my vote. I know Probst was close with Tina, at least after Outback was done, so him going to bat for her I'm not surprised over. Seeing Gervase, a first timer from the first season, was such a welcomed surprise after so many seasons of seeing people back for 2-4 times. Glad to hear Probst went to bat for him. Also, even though I like to blame Jeff for all bad decisions that happen on this show (and I feel 99% of the time I'm right-like this season), I know he doesn't completely call the shots. He didn't want Fairplay to have any part of the FvsF, so there are some things I can agree with him on.

I loved me some Kelly G., and she is high on my list of Survivors that have never returned that I always wanted to see back. I heard she was offered a spot on BvsW but couldn't find anyone to participate with her, or her partner backed out (something like that). I read she recently had twins, so I wonder if she would have been offered a spot here if that weren't the case. The two original and most memorable Kelly's, showing the other ones how to get noticed. Glad to know she hasn't been completely forgotten by TPTB.

yeah it was implied that Tina could have gotten on with anyone as her partner in her exit interviews and probst pretty much said the same thing. Also he made it clear he wasn't happy Colton was on BvW. Kelly also said she was asked for Heroes vs Villains, but she had just started her Northwestern professor job and didn't think it would look so great for her to be on tv labeled as Villain so soon after starting a new job.

Apparently the story was that The producers said no one would remember would remember Tina and Gervase. And probst said our viewership was higher when they were on the show we should want a mix of old/new. No idea if the story is true but I wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Edited by choclatechip45
(edited)

So it's one thing to read a list of names.  It's another thing entirely to actually see the faces.

People I actually would like to see is basically Peih-Gee and Fishbach.

Edited by enlightenedbum
(edited)

I already knew who I was voting for, but I watched the vids anyway.  I think most people probably know who they are picking.  Voting is once a day.

I'd love to see Savage and Varner especially for the mens side.  Savage got screwed by the outcast twist and Jeff was the first victim of having votes count against you from a previous TC.  Jeff might have been able to liven up a predictable Outback season.

Edited by LadyChatts

In case anyone didn't read the fine print on the voting page. Not that this is surprising at all.

"A combination of votes from CBS & the public will decide who from amongst the nominees presented will become the Fall 2015 Survivor cast"

In case anyone didn't read the fine print on the voting page. Not that this is surprising at all.

"A combination of votes from CBS & the public will decide who from amongst the nominees presented will become the Fall 2015 Survivor cast"

I knew it!  Heh, I wonder just "how many".  However, if it means the Survivors from older seasons get a better chance, as well as less saturation from certain seasons, then I'm game.  But not if it means we get the return of the likes of Abi-Maria, Kass, Natalie, Jim, Max, and Brad because they stood no chance with the fan vote.

I actually think that this is a good thing as I think it will guarantee some of the players from the older seasons get on instead of fans stacking the tribes with newer players. 

• Love 1

Probst always liked Varner and Savage, and he talked about how much he hated the Outcast twist for costing the game Andrew and giving them back Lill.  In addition, I can't believe they wouldn't want the first RUP in Survivor history to return.  Although many people seem happy at the sight of the older crew and appear somewhat more critical of the more recent returnees (that's what I'm gathering from social media and other sites).  I'm glad they did that for Big Brother's first AS season.  I think the contestants from the more recent seasons probably have a better shot of being voted in by the public, and I do hope the motive is so we don't get too much of 1 type, too many from the same season (I loved Cagayan but please no Kass or Woo-even though I voted for Woo, but he was the lesser of boringness/evils/whatever you want to call it among the guys).  And I really don't care to see anyone from this season except Joe.

Two things:

1. Where are the videos? I don't think I'm looking in the right place.

2. I'm supposed to register to vote? I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that.

But not if it means we get the return of the likes of Abi-Maria, Kass, Natalie, Jim, Max, and Brad because they stood no chance with the fan vote.

I wonder if that's true: Russell, after all, won fan favorite two seasons running.  I definitely would like to see Abi and Kass play again, even though I disliked both on their seasons. 

So I have a CBS account (Got to vote for the stupid stuff during Big Brother) but I cannot remember my password.  Every time I ask them to send me an email to change it they say they will send it and it never shows up.  Figures, I really wanted to vote in this and I cannot.  I guess I could make a new account but that is such a pain in the ass to do just for this.

(edited)
Jeff Probst @JeffProbst  ·  26s 26 seconds ago

I'm so confused!. So many decisions.  So many twists.  So many choices.  What's a fan to do? :)  VOTE FOR YOUR FAVS! Don't sweat the rest!

Jeff Probst @JeffProbst  ·  1m 1 minute ago

Let's see.. rules say "only played once...didn't win."  So either Mike/Carolyn didn't win ... or... one of them could become ineligible...?

Jeff Probst @JeffProbst  ·  2m 2 minutes ago

Hmm... was it a spoiler to put Carolyn and Mike on 2nd chance ballot? Should someone be fired? Or Is it a twist?  Or... something else?

Here are some tweets from Jeff regarding Carolyn and Mike's inclusion in what is supposed to be a non-winners season.

And here is what he said earlier in EW:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/05/jeff-probst-survivor-fan-voted-second-chance-season-31

You are calling this twist “Second Chance,” and you clearly mentioned it’s for people that did not win the first time around. But you have two people in Mike and Carolyn that are still in contention for the current season airing. By having them be potential contestants in a second chance season, isn’t that a huge spoiler in big neon letters that they do not win this season?

Oh my God, I didn’t even think of this! You’ve just caught me off guard! [Laughs] As you would expect from Survivor, we found a way to add a little twist, a little layer of mystery, into the Second Chance voting. So the definition of Second Chance is, contestants who have only played once and never won. So, that means either Mike and Carolyn both lost, or one of them could be, ultimately, ineligible.

Not sure why they are calling this a "twist" or if Jeff is giving it away that one of them does in fact win and becomes ineligible.  It could just be Jiffy back pedaling because they didn't realize this was giving away the outcome this season.  I just hope there is a full, completely accurate boot list for next season.  AS seasons typically have more spoilers than a regular season, but having people in there I'll both love and loathe, I want to go in knowing their fate.

Edited by LadyChatts

Well, it took me awhile.  Mainly because I had to watch the female videos for most of them to remember who they are.  Don't blame me, blame our bad choices (or my failing memory that purges most Survivor females).  I'm not looking for girl eye-candy with this show.

Anyway, here are my votes. I went first with pre-season 20, because I want to see legit vets.  There weren't too many of those, so I next went with who I thought might be entertaining and/or annoying (which might end up being entertaining). 

In alphabetical order, females:

Abi-Maria
Kass - HATE HER, but she's drama
Kelly Wigs - totally deserves a second chance after all these years
Kimmi
Mikayla - got a raw deal being the unknowingly temptress whore for Brendan, the most stable of them all, Hantz
PG
Sabrina
Stephanie
Tasha
Teresa

Males:

Brad (I KNOW) - he's an ass, but I would like to see him in a group of similar types.  Also, I didn't love my other choices
Varner
Jim - still don't really remember him, but my friend tells me I liked him in his season
Joe
Mike
Shane
Spencer
Stephen
Terry
Vytas

I have explanations for all my picks that I didn't talk about, but I'll spare you all unless someone cares. :)

• Love 1

How could they have possibly NOT thought of that??? It took me all of 30 seconds after seeing the list to say "Hold up. Did they just spoil things?". I still think one of them is a decoy who wins this season.

(edited)

How could they have possibly NOT thought of that??? It took me all of 30 seconds after seeing the list to say "Hold up. Did they just spoil things?". I still think one of them is a decoy who wins this season.

I think Probst is playing dumb and was caught off guard by the question. Based on the videos I think Carolyn is the decoy. Also based off the videos I feel like Kelly hisWigglesworth, Tasha, Savage and Shane are locks to get on they all had a montage of moments while everyone has just has a moment. I was paying attention to see if they would show all of Terry's immunity wins like they did with Tasha and they didn't which I thought was interesting. Edited by choclatechip45

After watching Shirin on the Ponderosa videos, she's worse than RC, if that's possible. Abi will go nutso on her if they wind up together.

I'm pretty surprised they didn't bring Rc back just to have Abi vs Rc round two. Rc seems to be the type to still hold a grudge.

• Love 1

I'm pretty surprised they didn't bring Rc back just to have Abi vs Rc round two. Rc seems to be the type to still hold a grudge.

She is. Abi pointed me to RC's Twitter and other places where she just will not let it go. Even after seeing the footage of how it wasn't Abi that did anything to her. Pete's the one who started fooling around with the idol clue.

STFU Jeff Probst with the tweets.  If there's anything I hate the most with respect to social media, it's the "I've got a secret" type posts that are just desperate for attention.  You all know what I'm talking about, I'm sure everyone has at least one Facebook friend that does this all the time.  "Wow.  That encounter with the lady at the grocery store really rattled me.  I am at the lowest of my lows.  If my day gets any worse I might just...."   And then of course everyone rushes to respond.  "Babe?  Are you OK?  You're scaring me!  Please tell me everything is alright!  I am here for you."  Which is exactly the attention they want.  Jeff is like that.

• Love 3

Kelly Wigglesworth? Wasn't it discovered after S1 that she forged checks? Not interested!

There was a warrant out for her arrest, but I don't remember the details. I read about it back when it happened because she doesn't live that far from me.

If they have another season of returning players, it might be interesting to bring back people who became enemies in their season, like RC and Abi-Marie.  I don't remember players the way you all do, but I'm sure you could come up with some good examples.

This is the first time in about what, three seasons spoilers are going to be readily available? Seems like returning players castmates always spoil.

I usually go through the same process during a Survivor season. Makes it the first few episodes trying to be unspoiled. Then spoil myself when I pick favorites and get nervous about what happens to them. I was actually enjoying the fact that I couldn't spoil myself the last few seasons. Almost like not being able to indulge in a bad habit.