Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm frankly done with most of the ones that have already repeated. Except Sandra. I could watch Sandra play every season.

Same. Sandra should be in every season, playing or not. Just have her do commentary or something.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

I loved me some Sandra.  There are several Survivors I would like to see return a 3rd time, over some of the 2nd timers mentioned on the list.  Always loved Courtney Yates, Penner, Sandra, Yau-Man, and can't ever get enough of Ozzy and Malcolm.  Who I don't ever care to see again, or at least for a very long time, is anyone named Cirie, James, Russell, Amanda, Stephenie, Boston Rob, Tina, Colby, or Rupert.  And there are some others that are 1 or 2 timers that I would add to that list.  Oversaturation, too close between seasons for some of them to where they were marked because of strategy or alliances with people that they had competed with before, and not enough time to miss them or forget about their game strategy.

I was never a big James fan.  I did find him humorous, especially in the Micronesia Ponderosa videos.  As a game player, I thought he sucked.  In China, I would have rather seen Aaron last over him.  Micronesia, the fans were an unlikable group so I was rooting for him by default.  And he was a complete jerk to Stephenie during HvsV.  Granted, that second IC where she kept butting in and ended up costing them, I can see his frustration.  But he had lost me gradually through his Survivor runs, and at that point I was no longer a fan.  Though I can completely see why people loved him.  When you are asked back on your 3rd attempt and still can't win, finish lower than your previous attempts, or can't even best your previous attempts, that should be time to go to the end of the line and come up with a better strategy.

I had nothing against Amanda, but all I can think of is her two horrible final TC appearances.  Or at least, that's the first thing I think of when I remember her.  I just think there were better options when she was cast on FvsF and HvsV.  I heard she bumped Peih-Gee from FvsF, and I would have much rather seen her over Amanda.  However, without Amanda, there likely would have been no showmance and late night smooches with Ozzy.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

The only exception I would have to that is Francesca. I think she should be invited back to play until she makes it past the first vote.

Francesca would then have a lifetime part being cast on Survivor.  In her first season I thought she was unlucky to be voted off first.  In her second season she showed she has no clue how to play Survivor and truly earned being the first voted off.  The only way she survives the first vote is if her tribe doesn't go to tribal council.

• Love 3
(edited)

New info from Redmond: "The voting will open first week of May and the results will be announced at the Worlds Apart finale reunion. All of the candidates on the voting poll will be live in attendance at the finale dressed in their in-game clothes and with their suitcases packed. Jeff Probst will reveal America's vote on who has made the cast and then those 20 (I assume its 20) players will fly out immediately to Cambodia to begin filming."

It's so odd to me that the vote starts early May. I mean I guess logistically it really has to, but like are they just gonna have a commercial at the end of the May 7th ep that says "Vote for next season's cast!" That'll be so weird.

• Love 1

Same. Sandra should be in every season, playing or not. Just have her do commentary or something.

Or maybe she could host. Gotta be better than Probst, right?

It would certainly keep the guys in charge of bleeping busy. I can only imagine her commentary on this S30's bunch of losers.

I think I'll vote, and probably for the earlier season cast members (except Kimmi, cuz she's no fun if Alicia won't be there to wave her finger in her face). Jeff? Greg? Even Savage (he gets love from me for his rant about Fairplay)? GOLD.

• Love 3

Damn, they aren't messing around.  I wonder why the big rush for filming?  To prevent pre-game alliances from truly forming more than they are now, or is this season really that horrible that they want people to be talking about the new AS over the finale.  I don't really get the logic in wearing their same or similar clothes from the first time, unless that plays into something.

I had wondered if they will put a cap on how much the contestants can campaign for themselves.  Not all the contestants, especially the early ones, have social media.  I read Kelly Wiglesworth joined twitter but then dropped it the same day.  And that's the biggest platform to promote yourself.  I had heard that each contestant will have a video as to why they should be picked, but I wonder if they will leave it at that.  Some of those on the list already seem like a given.  I feel confident that Joe will be among those selected, so I really hope that he makes it farther next time.  I teared up during his Ponderosa vid when he talked about missing the family visit, so I want him to make it at least to that next time (though preferably final 3).  After this season I am ready for anything.  I just hope this AS season is as good as HvsV or Micronesia.

The list has been leaked and I suspect that the Season 30 cast members on the list are known as well. There has been some speculation that some of the more positive spin by some of the Season 30 cast has been to bolster their likelihood of being voted onto the show and to help build alliances with other past players who don't know them. I suspect that the folks on that list are talking with folks and trying to set up pre game alliances.

I also suspect that Dan is not on the list of invitees based on his most recent message over the last episode. I don't think Dan would post what he did if he thought he had a chance to return.

I hope Vince is coming back.  I am disappointed that he left so early; I would have liked to see if the assumptions made about him would have proven true or not.  At least he was interesting (and though he was out so early, his thread in the forum is still longer than most of the players who are still here!)

The list has been leaked and I suspect that the Season 30 cast members on the list are known as well. There has been some speculation that some of the more positive spin by some of the Season 30 cast has been to bolster their likelihood of being voted onto the show and to help build alliances with other past players who don't know them. I suspect that the folks on that list are talking with folks and trying to set up pre game alliances.

I also suspect that Dan is not on the list of invitees based on his most recent message over the last episode. I don't think Dan would post what he did if he thought he had a chance to return.

Mike especially seems to be the biggest culprit in talking with past Survivors.  I feel like he's got it on his bucket list to meet or interact with every person that's every played this game.  However, it is possible that he's trying to butter up future alliance members.  Considering he's gotten more of a favorable edit as the season has progressed, I wonder if that had something to do with it.  They wanted him likable enough for the fan vote.  I would be more worried if I was cast and a bunch from my season were also on there (like Cagayan, if the list is correct).  That might paint a target on ones back to break their numbers up in case they decide to stick together.  Curious why the S30 people will be-figure Joe is a lock.

I hope there's massive spoilers next season.  I hate the unknown.

Dan would have zero chance of being voted back, so I don't see why they would even bother with him.  Of course there are those that may vote for him as a joke and want to see him/us suffer.  If it's true that a pre-jury boot is coming back from S30, I honestly hope it is anyone but Max.  And if it is, hopefully he's out early.  I wouldn't mind seeing Joaquin or So get a second shot.  I wasn't crazy about either, but I would have liked to see what they could do further in the game.  And one could argue So was kicked off first twice (officially and unofficially).  Unlike Francesca, I think she would do better her second time around.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Mike especially seems to be the biggest culprit in talking with past Survivors.  I feel like he's got it on his bucket list to meet or interact with every person that's every played this game.  However, it is possible that he's trying to butter up future alliance members.  Considering he's gotten more of a favorable edit as the season has progressed, I wonder if that had something to do with it.  They wanted him likable enough for the fan vote.  I would be more worried if I was cast and a bunch from my season were also on there (like Cagayan, if the list is correct).  That might paint a target on ones back to break their numbers up in case they decide to stick together.  Curious why the S30 people will be-figure Joe is a lock.

I hope there's massive spoilers next season.  I hate the unknown.

Dan would have zero chance of being voted back, so I don't see why they would even bother with him.  Of course there are those that may vote for him as a joke and want to see him/us suffer.  If it's true that a pre-jury boot is coming back from S30, I honestly hope it is anyone but Max.  And if it is, hopefully he's out early.  I wouldn't mind seeing Joaquin or So get a second shot.  I wasn't crazy about either, but I would have liked to see what they could do further in the game.  And one could argue So was kicked off first twice (officially and unofficially).  Unlike Francesca, I think she would do better her second time around.

Yeah this week Mike is apparently in South Carolina where he shockingly ran into possible season 31 returnee Chelsea Meissner. But to be fair he is not the only one doing this as Peih Gee Law watched last week's episode in San Francisco with Mike, Hali, Jenn, Shirin and Sierra, a few of which undoubtedly will be on the list of retunrees.

Yeah this week Mike is apparently in South Carolina where he shockingly ran into possible season 31 returnee Chelsea Meissner. But to be fair he is not the only one doing this as Peih Gee Law watched last week's episode in San Francisco with Mike, Hali, Jenn, Shirin and Sierra, a few of which undoubtedly will be on the list of retunrees.

Oh yeah, it appears to be a lot of them, not just the S30 crowd.  But they're still the newbies, so I can see why they feel the need to fill in and catch up.  Mike just seems to be the one jet setting everywhere, and often winds up in some hometown of a Survivor contestant.  Someone on Sucks joked about Kelly Wigesworth abandoning twitter hours after joining, and said Mike's fandom probably scared her off.  I hope TPTB is able to squash any possible pre-made alliances.  It's my biggest pet peeve of an AS season.

Edited by LadyChatts

I'm torn about Shirin possibly becoming a S31 contestant. On the one hand, she's an impressive fangirl who knows what's what most of the time. On the other hand . . . how would she react to a new set of assholes, especially those who know about her being unloved in general? Also, the Reunion might have a ton of support for her, and she might be targeted early because of it.

• Love 1

Here is Jenn's Gordon Holmes Interview, the beginning of which entails Jenn informing Gordon that the seven people at Ponderosa had a blast.

I wonder if this means that the next people to come to Ponderosa, in no particular order, are Mike, Sierra, and Rodney (or possibly Tyler)? Jenn seemed to have no love for Dan or Carolyn, and I have a hard time imagining Ponderosa being fun with both Shirin and Will there.

Thoughts?

I love Shirin but yea no I don't wanna see her next season honestly. It'd probably just turn into a bunch of people acting like being annoying or talking too much makes you a heinous person.

Really the only people I'd wanna see again from this season are Jenn and maybe Joe. Joe would be fucked again though, so it would almost be pointless IMO.

I love Shirin but yea no I don't wanna see her next season honestly. It'd probably just turn into a bunch of people acting like being annoying or talking too much makes you a heinous person.

Really the only people I'd wanna see again from this season are Jenn and maybe Joe. Joe would be fucked again though, so it would almost be pointless IMO.

It's why I'm worried to have anyone from this season there.  Joe would need to either get really lucky with a strong pre-merge alliance, or hope that his tribe needs him and doesn't lose to close too the merge where he'll be deemed a threat.  On the plus side, there will hopefully be more people up to his caliber that will also be a target.  Given his popularity, which appears to be the most popular contestant this season, I can see TPTB doing anything and everything to keep him in as long as possible.  Since they are going to be returnees, and possible pre-show alliances are already forming, then I can see TPTB potentially throwing in some curve balls so someone isn't an instant target just because, or shaking up pre-show alliances so they don't dominate out of the gate and we get a repeat of Boston Rob vs Lex with the hurt feelings/ruined friendship.  I can see Spencer getting knocked off early, and either the early season castaways leaving early because they have no ties to anyone, or becoming much needed swing votes and wiggling into an alliance.  From this season, I'm speculating Joe, Mike, Joaquin, Max, Vince, Jenn, Hali, Shirin as being ones potentially asked back. 

I wonder if this means that the next people to come to Ponderosa, in no particular order, are Mike, Sierra, and Rodney (or possibly Tyler)? Jenn seemed to have no love for Dan or Carolyn, and I have a hard time imagining Ponderosa being fun with both Shirin and Will there.

We know Mike is safe for sure next week, whether he wins immunity or not.  And if he doesn't need to pull out the idol, then he's got that going into the final 6.  They all seem neutral to Tyler.  I'm with you that the next boots could possibly be Sierra (she's one of my picks to go next week), Tyler (another possible boot next week) or Rodney (and yet another I can see getting blindsided-maybe that'll finally be Sierra's big move).  They didn't seem to have an issue with Will out there, despite him flipping on them.  Hali and Joe were gone when the blow up happened, and Jenn was off hiding in her cave.  They didn't see the worst of it until it aired it seemed.  However, given the tension with Shirin, I can see Will being a total buzzkill while they are there.  Mike may end up just short of the final 3.  Jenn herself said in Shirin's Ponderosa vid she was hoping that it would be her or Mike getting eliminated.

I have no clue if this means anything, but I just saw this interview link on Twitter, an interview with Shirin.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-shirin-oskooi-talks-survivor-worlds-apart-(part-1)-17850.php

She is talking about Rodney and Will going to the end and says this:

"Oh right, everyone wants to go to the end with Rodney and Will. Rodney controls Will's vote, so, Rodney is actually the most dangerous person out there right now."
And now it's like, "Why didn't we see that?!" That said, Tyler still would've beaten him in the end. And so that's why I think, you know, we were trying to paint a real target on Tyler's back.”

So to me that means either Rodney did not make it to the F3 or Tyler didn't. Thoughts?

We know Mike is safe for sure next week, whether he wins immunity or not.

I honestly think there's a chance Mike could get booted if he doesn't win the IC. I could see him potentially not playing his HII and then I could see that potentially backfiring on him.

So to me that means either Rodney did not make it to the F3 or Tyler didn't. Thoughts?

It could mean either, but IMO it means nothing. It's just Shirin saying that at the time she felt that Tyler could/would beat anyone out there.

I honestly think there's a chance Mike could get booted if he doesn't win the IC. I could see him potentially not playing his HII and then I could see that potentially backfiring on him.

It could mean either, but IMO it means nothing. It's just Shirin saying that at the time she felt that Tyler could/would beat anyone out there.

If Mike loses immunity and doesn't play his idol, he deserves to get sent packing.  I see the possibility of everyone voting for a different target, but getting Mike's idol out of the way and having him use it for nothing.  But why would he want to take the chance when he's the next biggest target?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

The word "would've" is what made me question it.

I mean I figure he will play his idol if he doesn't win the IC, but I could just as easily see him not playing it. Especially if he thinks he has Dan and Sierra back on his side and finds out about Dan's extra vote.

His problem there is that still only ties the vote (unless he gets some other side deal going).  Would he take that risk?  I wouldn't. 

I think Shirin's interview, that nutty1 linked, implies pretty heavily Rodney does not make the end.  Jenn's statement, that she loved the people at Ponderosa, also suggests to me Rodney is one of them: she and Shirin both talk about how funny he is, and Shirin even calls him an "angel" albeit compared to Dan and Will. 

His problem there is that still only ties the vote (unless he gets some other side deal going).  Would he take that risk?  I wouldn't. 

I think Shirin's interview, that nutty1 linked, implies pretty heavily Rodney does not make the end.  Jenn's statement, that she loved the people at Ponderosa, also suggests to me Rodney is one of them: she and Shirin both talk about how funny he is, and Shirin even calls him an "angel" albeit compared to Dan and Will. 

Hali mentioned that he was hilarious as well.  So yeah, I think he will be heading to Ponderosa fairly soon.

(edited)

If Rodney and Mike find their way to Ponderosa, then I really don't know who Probst could mean as being "iconic".  Unless my original theory of him saying that as a way to mock the winner is correct.

If Rodney is voted off, that could come as a result of this week (either he's blindsided when Dan and Sierra flip back to Mike, use the extra vote to force a tie, and no one wants to risk rocks so they vote him off).  Or someone from his alliance is eliminated this week, thus leaving him at a numbers disadvantage.  Who knows, Sierra could go this week, but Mike goes on an immunity run, and Dan and Will are better options to beat in the final 3.  Once upon a time, Rodney was the ultimate final 3 goat.  How quickly that turned on him.

Edited by LadyChatts

Jenn talked about the great time she had at Ponderosa for 10 or 11 days, with people she loved.  Two more boots take us to that many days.  So maybe the next two are Rodney and Sierra, whatever the order.  That would fill out Jenn's Ponderosa love fest, and leave an F5 of Dan, Will, Carolyn, Mike and Tyler.  Two great goats, three real good players, and four (?) final days that should prove fascinating. 

If Mike makes F3 he wins IMO no matter who he sits next to.  If Mike gets booted, but Tyler makes F3, I think he wins against anyone.  If F3 is Caroline & the Goats, Caroline wins.  I don't see Will or Dan winning in any F3 configuration. 

That's my speculation anyway. 

If we put much stock in Jeff's 'iconic' statement, Mike wins. 

• Love 1

From this season, I'm speculating Joe, Mike, Joaquin, Max, Vince, Jenn, Hali, Shirin as being ones potentially asked back.

Why would anyone want to see Joaquin - the smarmy douchebag who called Sierra a nice piece of ass - back???? Maybe hoping that if he gets more screentime we'll get to hear some his hilarious commentary on sluts, hos, and bitches? I hope that bastard has crawled back under his rock and will never be heard from again!

• Love 3

Why would anyone want to see Joaquin - the smarmy douchebag who called Sierra a nice piece of ass - back???? Maybe hoping that if he gets more screentime we'll get to hear some his hilarious commentary on sluts, hos, and bitches? I hope that bastard has crawled back under his rock and will never be heard from again!

Because the host/executive producer of the show loves that kind of dude?

• Love 1
"The voting will open first week of May...."

This must mean that voting will open starting during or after the East Coast airing episode airing May 6th.  That would be the episode airing in the first full week of May, and using the episode to help promote the voting makes a lot of sense.

(edited)

Redmond posted a new image on twitter along with these tweets:

#Survivor S31 voting poll. The ticks are officially on. Ones without ticks I'm unsure about. Black and white are out.

Chelsea was cut too. I need to change the pic when I get back to my computer.

I am disappointed that J'Tia and Natalie B were cut. I enjoy their particular brand of crazy.

(edited)

I have to say I'm not as excited about some of these picks as I was when they were first announced.  Also disappointed about no Natalie or John Cody (I can do without J'Tia).  This list basically looks like a 3rd/4th/5th choices when all their first and second picks declined.  I could do without Mikayla, Kass, Natalie, Kelley, Terry (ugh), Brad, Stephanie, and Stephen.  I am very excited about the possible return of Peih-Gee, Shane, Vytas, and Hayden, and hopeful Kelly W. and Greg are among those on the official list as well.

I'm more convinced that Mike is one of the S30 males, along with Joe.  Don't know who the 3rd could be.  I can't see anyone post-merge that they would pick given the backlash Dan, Will, and Rodney received this season.  So I'm sticking with the theory it is in fact a pre-merge male.  As for the women, only 2 slots, but I'm still going with Hali, Jenn, or Shirin.

I actually prefer Joaquin to everyone left.  Going solely on his time on the show, we didn't see much of him aside from his budding bromance with Rodney.  Since he said he's never watched the show prior to being on, I would have liked to have seen what he might have been able to do once the game hit the merge.  And even in some of his post show interviews, I find what he said mild compared to the crap spewing from Dan and Will.

Edited by LadyChatts

Would rather see John Cody back instead of Vytas, Brad, Woo and some of the other recent males. I thought he had a good story and he seemed popular with Jeff and viewers. The biggest complaint about him seemed to be that he was boring. In other words, wasn't a hothead or ass.

• Love 1

I really like the fact that a lot of the names aren't necessary "All-Star," types, but people you could tell that have potential and end up in a better initial situation could be serious players/characters. A part of me wishes they would knock some of the obvious names out (Spencer, Tasha, Kass, Terry) and just go with a complete second chances season. 

I'm just curious if producers are going to get to pick players. Because players like Kass and Abi-Maria are certainly memorable, but will they get the votes necessary to make it? You need villains. I almost think they should do what Big Brother did for their All-Stars season, the audience picks half, the producers pick half. 

And I'm wondering who that second S30 female is. Pretty much three choices: Shirin, Jenn, and Hali. I'd really rather have Hali again over Jenn.

• Love 1

I'd actually like to see Hali over Jenn, too.  I loved both, but I'm liking Hali the more we're seeing of her at Ponderosa.  I would like to see what she can do and is made of without having the NC stigma over her head.  I agree that while some of these aren't exactly people I would pick for second chances (and not people that I even like), circumstances may have prevented them from playing the game the first time out.  So maybe under these circumstances they will have a better chance to show what they are made of (thinking of Natalie T. and Woo).  I hope so, because I hate to see AS spots wasted by people simply looking for camera time and who aren't going to attempt to improve.

I don't know if the producers are going to have any say or leave it strictly to the fan vote.  At least that way, they can blame us if the season is crappy.  I would think the producers might intervene if it looks like a large percentage of one season is getting voted on, or the early season contestants aren't going to get voted on.  Peih-Gee is a big favorite it seems, but I'd even question her making it on in a fan vote over more recent seasons.  

So could be a viable Season 30 choice. She made a crappy decision because of pressure from Joaquin and then was voted out because she had a vagina. Carolyn and Shirin said it was obvious that a man wouldn't be voted out so the scramble was to figure out which woman was going home. I wouldn't mind seeing So back.

Kelly would be a viable choice. She was blindsided by an idol but otherwise was in a good position. Heck, Sierra could make an argument for coming back. I would be interested to see what she could do given a different set of players and some experience.

Heck, I think I would prefer to see So or Sierra back over Jenn, Hali, or Shirin. Jenn has the season 1, I am out here for adventure and the fun of it vibe. Not to mention the money she makes from playing is probably enough to keep her happy. Hali would probably play a very different game and that could be fun to watch. Shirin is Shirin and I don't think she would fare well.

Ughhhh why are so many people on that list from more recent (and imo more inferior) seasons? My memory of so many of these assholes is still too unfortunately fresh!

Oh fuck me, if Abi-Maria returns that could be the one thing that will get me to skip a season of this show forreals. I'm still bitter that I didn't get hazard pay for watching her in her original season. At some point in her season, I literally felt myself losing grip on my sanity -- it was like watching her hateful, crazy ass was making me start to lose it.

I do not want to see So or Joaquin back, can't stand them, such up their own asses mega dickheads. Both of them thought they were so much smarter and adept at the social game than they actually were. And So can go shove it with her shitty gloating remark about how she's made every one of her assistants cry -- nice to know she's a crappy leader and manager and she revels in being a sociopath. And Joaquin was a disgusting misogynist like so many of the men this season, his bro-downs with Rodney were pathetic and gross to watch, gorillas were embarrassed I'm sure.

• Love 1
I do not want to see So or Joaquin back, can't stand them, such up their own asses mega dickheads. Both of them thought they were so much smarter and adept at the social game than they actually were. And So can go shove it with her shitty gloating remark about how she's made every one of her assistants cry -- nice to know she's a crappy leader and manager and she revels in being a sociopath. And Joaquin was a disgusting misogynist like so many of the men this season, his bro-downs with Rodney were pathetic and gross to watch, gorillas were embarrassed I'm sure.
I fully agree.  I couldn't stand So.  She has an extremely high opinion of herself and seems to pride herself on being "tough".  Her line about making assistants cry, I can only imagine that she said that to do the "just because I'm pretty and a woman doesn't mean that I'm not as tough as any man" thing.  Ugh.  I find Carolyn extremely smug and snooty.  If So had lasted, I think she'd be even worse than Carolyn.

I hated So at first, especially because of that comment.  However, I think going out first and being blindsided will have humbled her greatly.  Her game will likely have to change drastically so she doesn't become Francesca 2.0.  I'd rather see her return over about half the females on that list, just to see what she can do.  I'll give her a slight pass over getting caught up in the lie with Joaquin.  I believe her when she says she thought it was a bad idea, but it was probably a lose/lose either way she went.  

Sierra and Kelly are two I wouldn't care to see again from this season.  I don't see where Kelly would have done anything other than be another BC blind follower to the end, making no moves of her own and going with the majority.  She'd probably be as far into the background as Sierra is.  If Jenn had people willing to play strategically and not be unwilling to budge and make moves, I think she would be a different kind of player, too.  I can't really blame her for giving up, considering they did everything they could.  Since there may only be 2 WA females in consideration (if Redmond is correct), then I'd have a hard time believing one of those females is a pre-merge boot.  Especially if they bringing in a pre-merge guy.  I have a feeling Shirin would be the first one off if she was voted back on.

(edited)

Kelly had about zero screen presence though. There's a reason she get any confessionals until about her last three episodes. I'd bet any female from this season, including Lindsey, over Kelly. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 1

Kelly was in two alliances. She was part of Rodney's four and Mike's alliance. She did not tell Mike about Rodney's rebellion which put her in an interesting position.

I agree. There's obviously a reason the NCs chose to bounce Kelly out with Jenn's idol. They could've gotten rid of anyone at that point yet they deemed her the biggest threat. I'd like to see her play again to find out why thst was.

As far as her screen presence goes that could be as much lack of editing as anything else. Hell, this is the season where Tyler the invisible man is apparently the biggest threst to win the game. So it's entirely possible that Kelly is actually a chrasmatic leader:)

I agree. There's obviously a reason the NCs chose to bounce Kelly out with Jenn's idol. They could've gotten rid of anyone at that point yet they deemed her the biggest threat. I'd like to see her play again to find out why thst was.

As far as her screen presence goes that could be as much lack of editing as anything else. Hell, this is the season where Tyler the invisible man is apparently the biggest threst to win the game. So it's entirely possible that Kelly is actually a chrasmatic leader:)

The impression I got was she had closer ties to people the NC were hoping to get their dibs on (Carolyn, the former BC, Tyler).  So perhaps she was seen as least offensive but more likable.  Kelly thought it was personal since she flipped back to the blues as soon as the merge happened, which was poor strategy on her part.  Who knows.  I don't know if Kelly really had as much of an alliance with Rodney as Rodney thought.  I believe Kelly was with Mike 100%, and I also think she might have thought that in the end the blues would stick together.  Maybe she would have been more of a gamer, but I didn't see it in her.  If it wasn't for getting whacked on the head, I don't even know what Jeff would ask her during the reunion.  However, hindsight is 20/20 and some people who played terribly the first time really step it up the second time.  I loved my NC, but even they admit they played horribly strategically.

Voting for the next season will begin after tomorrow nights episode per Redmond. The videos for all the potential returnees will be going up on the CBS website. There was also this tweet by CBS that essentially confirms it:

Survivor on CBS!Verified account‏@Survivor_Tweet
Hold on for dear life...because tomorrow's #Survivor has an announcement too big to miss.

I'm willing to bet whomever gets voted off in tomorrow's episode will be up for contention. With our luck, it'll probably be Rodney, and Probst will stuff the ballot box.

• Love 1
(edited)

Since there are potentially 3 male slots up for grabs from this season (if Redmond is correct), I'm going with Joe, Mike, and, if it's true about a pre-merge boot, then either Joaquin or Max.  If it's not a pre-merge boot, then it'd have to be Rodney.  Actually, at this stage, I'd be surprised to see them offer it to Joaquin.  Max made more of a splash, and I can see him going for a Cochran style second run.

I can not see them bringing Tyler back, and Dan and Will?  Yeah, unless they want to make it a shoo-in for someone else.  That's what I'm getting with some of the rumored names, they have no chance but won't steal votes from someone else.  I can see where Probst and co would want to give Rodney a second chance, and though he's been an offensive hot headed loud mouth, he's been an entertaining (at times), less-offensive (than the other two) hotheads.  He at least has a concept on the game, and while he's no Boston Rob and probably wouldn't be successful his second time around, I understand why they'd want to give him a second shot.  Actually, compared to some of the guys rumored, I'd almost rather see Rodney again.

Edited by LadyChatts

Any idea on how long the voting will last?

Two weeks.  Supposedly, they are revealing the cast during the S30 reunion show, which is May 20th, with the new batch of AS flying out right away to begin filming.