Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: When I Grow Up

• Start Topic

(edited)

Was it just me - or did anyone else get confused about the two police brothers. I mistakenly assumed Kevin Alejandro (the cop Callie worked on) was one of the brothers. The other two apparently just blended into one for me - neither of them were distinctive enough, I guess. At least to me.

I was confused as well, I needed tor rewatch the episode very carefully to actually make sense of it, too many people, policemen, the robber, mish-mash.

I closely focused on the Callie/Dan story. Well, I have to say I like this possible pairing. Dan is one hell of a decent guy. Very pleasantly surprised by Kevin Alejandro, never heard of him before, but what a solid performance.

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan
(edited)

Other than waiting with baited (spoiler free) breath for the other shoe to drop on Derek and Meredith's happiness (because I feel like it's coming, and I hope it's not too painful), I really enjoyed this episode. The police officer subplot was really well-acted by the woman playing Brett and Pete's mother, as well as Dan the commanding officer (?) For a moment, I thought that both boys were going to die, as well as the kid who shot them -- but I should've realized this was Grey's, and Shonda is nothing if not optimistic about the generosity of the human spirit. I did find "oh, it was a boy that Brett mentored" a tad contrived, but I was nevertheless wiping away tears at the mother's performance, so I can't hate it too much. But finally, we have a case that doesn't relate to anyone and isn't an allegory for anything: it's just the tragedy of a mother, her two sons and the compassion that helped her to spare the life of a third child. Grey's used to do these cases well, and it's nice to see they still can.

I also loved Jackson and the "Plastics Posse" and his tribute to Mark. Subtle and well-done.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 1
(edited)

I was confused as well, I needed tor rewatch the episode very carefully to actually make sense of it, too many people, policemen, the robber, mish-mash.

I closely focused on the Callie/Dan story. Well, I have to say I like this possible pairing. Dan is one hell of a decent guy. Very pleasantly surprised by Kevin Alejandro, never heard of him before, but what a solid performance.

Yeah, the last thing I saw Alejandro in was True Blood and I loved him in it. I might tune in just for this pairing, because since Cristina left I haven't cared about any of these characters except Stephanie who they are not using to my satisfaction.

Edited by represent

Yeah, the last thing I saw Alejandro in was True Blood and I loved him in it. I might tune in just for this pairing, because since Cristina left I haven't cared about any of these characters except Stephanie who they are not using to my satisfaction.

How do you feel about what Callie said in 1119?