Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Felipe & Jasmin

Any person in 2015 who says they don't have any kind of cell phone would make me give them the side eye....hell, even those Obama-phones can take pics and send texts. Especially someone who claims they are a model. I'm sick of watching the willfully ignorant hold onto these fantasies that these hot people are who they say they are IRL.

I'd like a catch-up episode with Kidd Cole though, I wonder if his scrawny ass is still scamming chicks online.

"Who's Jasmin," Max asks, and after rocking from foot to foot for a second, Luis says, "Me." Max is like, why are you here, and Alex says that she's Luis's best friend. She's there because she had been dating Felipe, but that at some point during their relationship, she found out he was also talking to "Jasmin" online, and consequently ended it, and even though she knew "Jasmin" was Luis, and that Felipe's "relationship" with "Jasmin" (lord) predated her time with Felipe, that's not really cool, and you know what? Fair enough. Luis ratted Felipe out to Alex when Alex told him she was dating Felipe, but Luis and Felipe had never met until right now. <------ CLUSTERFUCK! My brain kinda started hurting when I was trying to read

I pictured the Vicky Pollard character from Little Britain explaining all that breathlessly. :)

• Love 2

As far as I remember not once have tried catfishing from a dating site, match.com, eharmony, plenty of fish, etc, that would be much more fun, and people would find

out what kind of people are really on these sites.

Maybe a lesson for all the people who actually pay money for these sites.

I can tell you match. com is 19 dollars per month for 6 months, not that unreasonable, but they charge you the full 6 months in one shot, which is rather expensive.

I guess they do not want to expose these sites, because they might face a huge lawsuit.

But it would be more informative for people who actually use this internet sites.

Rather than people who hookup on Facebook, my space, etc.

Just my opinion.

(edited)

People lie on those too though. I met a man on Match who turned out to be married (and a number of my female friends have similar stories) and Dr. Phil's catfish victims usually meet their perpetrators on Match. They say Match's name, too.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2

So glad Max is back, it's like a breath of fresh air.

I sense a war-weariness in Neve and Max -- like they can't get emotionally invested anymore in the "she's gorgeous, sexy pics, fake tits, my one and only, we've never spoken, she doesn't own a phone, she wants to live with me in my dumpy family compound, blah, blah" scenario. I mean, Max was basically mocking the situation, I don't remember hearing that before.  Felipe was crying over something that was so obviously unreal, we are were all like, well, duh.

Edited by Pepperminty
  • Love 3

What a terrible episode. Felipe is a complete doofus who has no business being on TV. No personality, inarticulate and hard to understand what the guy says.

An episode about what happened with the hot chick and the basketball player would have been much more interesting.

This is kind of dark but I keep wondering if Alex looked like the fake Jasmin, Nev and Max would have been all "you don't need to take this kind of crap,  look at how hot you are" instead of just standing there the way they did? 

• Love 2

Regarding the speech, he's hyponasal (says /b/ for /m/ and /d/ for /n/, like when you have a cold). Could have come from a boxing injury resulting in limited airflow from the nose, among other possible structural problems. He also pronounces /r/ closer to a /w/, which is rare in people over 6 or so.

Regarding the speech, he's hyponasal (says /b/ for /m/ and /d/ for /n/, like when you have a cold). Could have come from a boxing injury resulting in limited airflow from the nose, among other possible structural problems. He also pronounces /r/ closer to a /w/, which is rare in people over 6 or so.

{Late to the party---I'm watching on Hulu.} I kept wondering if he picked up MRSA from the gym...it's beyond a stuffy nose now, and it makes him hyponasal.  The /r/ issue (which was so distracting to me) is most likely the result of either a complete lack of speech therapy in his younger years (he had no tongue placement), or some speech therapy with zero follow-through outside of school.  I was so damn distracted and treated this episode more like a speech screening than entertainment. 

On another note, he was a complete moron --- "she has no phone"???  Real talk - you are so stupid. Some photos of "Jasmin" were selfies TAKEN WITH A PHONE.  I give all respect to the men and women in the service who defend and protect our country, but, for the love of God, keep Felipe away from all tasks that require the powers of deduction, inference, and critical thinking. 

• Love 4

Any person in 2015 who says they don't have any kind of cell phone would make me give them the side eye....hell, even those Obama-phones can take pics and send texts. Especially someone who claims they are a model. I'm sick of watching the willfully ignorant hold onto these fantasies that these hot people are who they say they are IRL.

Hm half of the older relatives in my family would apparently be causing side-eye then.  Even a bunch of them who use email and Facebook despise cell phones, particularly smart phones. It drives me nuts, but that's a separate issue. I know plenty of people who don't use cell phones even if they do embrace other technology.

• Love 1

Hm half of the older relatives in my family would apparently be causing side-eye then.  Even a bunch of them who use email and Facebook despise cell phones, particularly smart phones. It drives me nuts, but that's a separate issue. I know plenty of people who don't use cell phones even if they do embrace other technology.

I'm not talking about older relatives. I'm talking about the kinds of people who would go on Catfish, who are generally under 30 and the type to be embracing technology such as smartphones. And if you claim to be a model and you have no phone at all that's a red flag to me.

• Love 1

I'm not talking about older relatives. I'm talking about the kinds of people who would go on Catfish, who are generally under 30 and the type to be embracing technology such as smartphones. And if you claim to be a model and you have no phone at all that's a red flag to me.

Ah yes, in that case I completely agree with you. I was responding to the "any person in 2015 who says they don't have any kind of cell phone" part of your post. Any person who is in that age bracket, a 'model,' and seeking love online - pretty sure they've got a cell phone. Heck even a large percentage of the homeless population seems to have cell phones these days. I always wonder where they charge them.

• Love 2

I currently live in the third largest city in my state, and I can't count on getting a cell phone signal (they only care about the downtown area). If I didn't already have a cell phone, I probably wouldn't buy one.

It's obvious Luis is struggling with his sexuality.

Great to see Max back, but I have a feeling it's short term.  A career in Hollywood or Catfish, the TV show?  No brainer.  The show would end without him.  The D-list guest hosts were a waste of time.

I guess its a struggle when you can't admit you're gay.  

I was sort of sad that what he said was as close to "coming out" as he is ever going to feel comfortable with.

(edited)

HEY FELIPE.....    Do you really believe that broad didn't have a phone? HOW IN THE FUCK DID SHE TAKE ALL THOSE PICTURES OF HERSELF??????  Is it just the way you sound or is it your eyesight too?  THE THING YOU SEE HER HOLDING IN ALL 100 PICTURES OF HERSELF IN THE MIRROR, IS A PHONE...  

"Complacency creates mediocrity"

"The universe is not stranger than we imagine.  It is stranger than we can imagine..."

"It's terrible.  there are, like, so many accounts with my pictures..  It's draining.  I just want to erase all my pictures."   Riiiiigggghhhhtttt..    Paris Roxanne - who either loves how people use her pictures or has zero brain cells and keeps adding more pics to the 10,000 she's already posted..   Keep on putting new pics of yourself up!!!!  that will stop them!!!  MORON..

"She said she doesn't have a phone" translated phonetically from, "She sai she dah ent habe a pone"..  Felipe..  A man who's deaf, has a speech impediment, serious post nasal drip or other major sinus disease, or just plain old fashion r******* or really stupid...  I'm going with stupid for the obvious reasons-and not just the hairpiece he's sportin'.   

Paris, keep the tits.. although you might want to take them down a little bit..  I have this thing about tits:  melons are fine, but when they go all the way up to your shoulders, you went a little overboard..  I'd pick a new plastic surgeon for when you start in on the rest of you...  It's easy to see your future:  see Donatella Versaci..   

Felipe, you sound like a nice kid.  I do hope you find as much happiness as I have and find a woman who will shit out the 22 kids you want..  I'm thinking you might want to see which Duggar "gu oh ul" (girl) hasn't been assigned a new husband, and maybe see about 'courting' one of them idiots instead.  Barefoot and pregnant!  Just make sure you keep old Uncle Josh away.  Stick with the fat one you knocked boots with and build HER a house and at least clean up anything your kids could get hurt on-you know, like sharp edges of one of the car doors laying around the "yaawd" (yard).  Just make sure she doesn't bring that homo, Luis home to babysit all these kids you're going to have....  

Edited by bweiler0624
Had to edit typo and add to it
  • Love 1