Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Inside Man

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Katy M said:

Completely shocking that Dean didn't race him to the car for that movie.  Although it would have been funny as all get out if he had said, "yeah, I've been meaning to expand my horizon to more nerdy, weird stuff.  Count me in." 

I find it funny how Sam always overdoes it with these kinds of lies and Dean usually catches on pretty quick, so I kinda expected Dean to do something like this and catch Sam out. Of course, Dean isn't really Dean right now and not properly paying attention, so it didn't happen.

Ah, nice to see Bobby again.  Loved that there are all the 'incarnations' of him, with the same name (except apparently for Roberta Singer, lol).  That was a great idea, to let them all lose.  

Room 42, hahaha, the answer to life, the universe and everything?  What was the question???

Great idea to take Meta's grace, so he has to help.  Leverage!!! (great TV show, btw)

The look on Rowena's face when Dean didn't explode, hah.  Glad that Crowley wised up about her, and got good info from Dean.  Yeah, Crowley maybe has a bit of humanity left in him, which is why he's "soft."  Bet he'll try and fix that, and good start with Rowena. I hope Dean did get her to unhex the bar guys.  I do expect to see Rowena again.  There's still the grand coven, missing their leader or not, and she'll try to get back at Crowley I'm sure.  Maybe she'll find the way to remove the MoC curse too.

On 2 April 2015 at 3:04 AM, catrox14 said:

Dean screaming SAMMM!!!! was straight out of Dean being in Hell at the end of No Rest for the Wicked. 

THAT WAS NOT OKAY. NOT OKAY. :(...

So, Dean's eyes flashing black?  Was that ever explained? It wasn't Rowena's doing I don't think. I think it was demon!Dean peeking through.

The screams of Dean also gave me flashbacks to the final scene of S3. I think Dabb (and Jensen if it was his choice to make the screams so similar) may have been trying to convey the idea of killing Sam is Dean's personal hell. 

I dont think the black eyes were ever explained? I personally think it was a further part of Dean's anxiety. He was so worried about becoming a demon again that his mind was playing tricks on him. It's that or Rowena created an illusion to throw him off balance. 

ETA: Cas was a badass in a Dabb episode? Are we sure he actually wrote it? Something is seriously amiss here. 

On 9 April 2015 at 9:33 PM, rue721 said:

I think the "inside man" in the title really was the demon inside of Dean. Rowena going on about Dean being a "hero" and this talk from JA about the vessel living on even while the soul inside the vessel dies or vanishes all makes me think that Dean as a human being/"hero" is going to die even while his body lives on. And that makes me think of this song again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Ive always assumed the Inside Man referred to was Bobby. He was the man inside Heaven who helped Castiel and Sam break Metatron out of heaven. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

I dont think the black eyes were ever explained? I personally think it was a further part of Dean's anxiety. He was so worried about becoming a demon again that his mind was playing tricks on him. It's that or Rowena created an illusion to throw him off balance. 

ETA: Cas was a badass in a Dabb episode? Are we sure he actually wrote it? Something is seriously amiss here. 

Ive always assumed the Inside Man referred to was Bobby. He was the man inside Heaven who helped Castiel and Sam break Metatron out of heaven. 

1- I think it was Dean seeing that in himself.

2- Dabb, pre-show running days wrote some good-to-great episodes and moments for all three TFW members. Shame he seems to have forgotten how.

3- I think maybe it was both, the obvious (Bobby) and the more subtle (Dean). 

True spoiler for S13 - don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

I feel the same about The Big Empty. Obvious: where Cas is. More subtle: Dean is totally and completely empty inside at this point in S13 - way more than he ever was when Famine  declared him empty in S5.

• Love 2
On 4/1/2015 at 9:04 PM, catrox14 said:

Dean hustling pool made me irrationally happy.  

It was really fun to watch him hustle pool. He seemed so happy and relaxed.

On 4/1/2015 at 9:26 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

It's too bad they decided to forget about Ash, because they established in that same "Dark Side..." episode in season 5 that he was an expert at breaking into and out of the various heavens. I would've liked a mention of him... they could've just had an explainer that he was on the run from the angels or already in heaven's jail or whatever. For me, it was a detail they shouldn't have forgotten.

It was great to see Bobby, but I sorta hoped he was hanging out with Ellen, Jo and Ash. I was disappointed they didn't even mention Ash. 

On 4/1/2015 at 9:47 PM, Tippi Blevins said:

It's weird that Bobby was alone in his heaven. It would have been fun if he'd been in there playing poker with imaginary Sam and Dean when real Sam called in on the radio.

That would have been awesome. 

On 4/1/2015 at 10:13 PM, supposebly said:

How come Sam is driving this abomination when they have a garage full of classic cars?

I thought the same thing. Are we SURE they aren't racist cars? 😆

On 4/1/2015 at 11:29 PM, cassandle said:

I have to admit it took me way too long to realize Dean was screwing around in Sam’s room.  I thought he was scratching himself with his own toothbrush and was extremely disgusted before I realized what the hell he was doing.  Then of course I was no longer disgusted and instead laughing my ass off.

Me too. I was sitting there grossed out trying to figure out why he was putting his toothbrush in his armpit. 😆 

On 4/2/2015 at 2:06 PM, supposebly said:

Maybe this is what Bobby chose? Too many bad memories about his wife, having to kill her twice. Maybe for him, this is peace, or rather, as he put it, content.

Maybe Karen is behind another door with a fake Bobby.

The saddest part to me about heaven being a replay of your memories is that nothing new can occur. So, she can relive happy memories but she can never have the kids she hoped for. She and Bobby can never reconcile. Not even fakeBobby. If you remember how it ends, those memories might all be painful.

On 4/7/2015 at 7:14 PM, rue721 said:

There was something about this episode that I thought of on the bus this morning and wanted to discuss, and I'm trying for the life of me to remember but...I'm sure there will be an ETA with that fascinating morsel in just a bit. I know you're panting in anticipation, but patience, please.

HAVEN'T WE BEEN PATIENT ENOUGH?

On 9/15/2017 at 3:39 PM, Hanahope said:

Room 42, hahaha, the answer to life, the universe and everything?  What was the question???

How many roads must a man walk down?

I loved this one. The Dean hustles plot was really great. I wasn't spoiled on the Demon eyes, so they were fairly shocking. I hope he managed to eat those nachos while tanking the game, because yum. 😆 I actually enjoyed his scene with Crowley and the showdown with Rowena.

I was so excited to see Bobby. I loved the psychic. He was interesting and memorable despite only a few lines. I am a bit annoyed by the secrets and liiiiiies, but the story was entertaining.

And then there is the HHGTTG reference. I literally finished the first book for probably the 15th time. Maybe more. It is probably my favorite book of all time. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, The Companion said:

The saddest part to me about heaven being a replay of your memories is that nothing new can occur. So, she can relive happy memories but she can never have the kids she hoped for. She and Bobby can never reconcile. Not even fakeBobby. If you remember how it ends, those memories might all be painful.

It's kind of sad that being sucked dry by an (original flavor) djinn is much better than being in heaven.  At least with djinn you get wish fulfilments, not just memories. ☺️

• Useful 1
  • Love 2