Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: The Wedding Night And Morning After

• Start Topic

PityFree, I think you're right on. I actually felt kind of bad for Jaclyn in this episode because she seemed so nervous and didn't know what to do/how to act as part of a couple. I think her babbling/taking the reins is kind of an attempt to take control of the situation because she's out of her depth and isn't used to that feeling. I agree that Ryan needs to start speaking up if he's uncomfortable - I hope he does, since she may not even realize what she's doing.

I didn't care for Sean's blustery act, that would lose points with me real quick. I wonder why it wasn't shown? Maybe it didn't fit in with the "sensitive/good guy" edit they seem to be giving him. Davina did well this week, I think - she's trying.

Ryan D.....feh. I hope Jessica is taking notes because he's starting to show his true colors.

• Love 1

I don't think Ryan D really "got" what he was doing in agreeing to this show until Jessica was about to walk down the aisle. He knew all the right things to say to the "experts" to get cast, but when that Wedding March started playing I think he freaked the fuck out. He glanced at Jessica long enough to pronounce her adequately attractive, but then barely looked her in the eyes.

To me it seemed like from the first moment Jessica was trying sooo hard to be the woman she thinks he wants, with all the laughter etc. Meanwhile he's just thinking, "how can I get through this wedding, how can I get through this reception without total flop sweat?". Oh, and "I wonder if my buddies think she's hot."

IMO she slept with him because she thought he'd like her more. I mean I think this was subconscious. But I think a dynamic is setting up where she's trying to please him, and he was never 100% committed to anything but getting on TV. (Obviously she was too, but I'm just talking about their relationship within the show).

I think when he knocked over those towel swans she got a clue. He's an immature dickbag who covers discomfort with "humor." Good luck with that, Jessica.

• Love 12

I totally agree that Ryan and Jessica's dynamic is very one-sided.  At the start he obviously didn't think she was pretty enough for him.  He faked it enough to get through the wedding but it's clear she is the one trying so hard.  Sleeping with him was the biggest mistake she could have every done as now whatever challenge there might have been is gone. He has no motivation to "win" her over and it shows.  Knocking the towels off, causing her to fall out of the canoe when he knew she was nervous, are just some examples of his disrespect and not "playing around".  He actually has a vibe of hostility toward her.  I'd be surprised if they last.

• Love 7
(edited)

Jaclyn and Ryan D are rough. Not ready or mature enough for marriage yet, even though they think it is time. But, everybody can learn and grow.

Hopefully, they won't release their insecurities in the form of blows and pushes and name calling and wild "jokes" toward their partners (Jessica and RR).

Jessica and Ryan R seem ready for a serious relationship. They seem considerate and too kind for the ones they got. But sometimes opposite attracts and works.

All that being said... who knows.

I still like Sean. Not sure how things will work after coming back from honeymoon to real life...

PS: I know some shots have to be close ups (like when they are in bed or riding in a car) But, please no more shots from under their faces, don't need to see nostrils all the time. Thanks.

Edited by Passthepopcorn
(edited)

I feel sorry for Ryan R. He got matched up with such an unattractive person. She's brash, too masculine and frankly quite unlikeable. Jaclyn clearly isn't ready to be in any marriage at all. Hell, she's not ready to even be someone's girlfriend. He does need to learn how to express himself though. I think he's so caught up in trying to keep their relationship positive and hopefully build attraction that he's failing to acknowledge the fact that she's not acting right. He's somewhat aware when he says "Is that the right way to set the tone of the relationship?", but he needs to say that to her not the camera. His lack of directness or assertiveness and communication is going to make things worse.

Jessica &Ryan...trouble. He's a lot like me in that he rough plays and jokes around a lot, without malice. With the right girl (someone who gets that there no malice in the intentions) it's an awesome relationship, but for a girl like Jessica, who seems like a softly softly type of person this is going to create a lot of tension and she is going to read his playful/jokey nature as aggression or immaturity. Just look at the responses you guys are giving about him being an abusive person already.Jesus guys. Watch this space. These two a going to hit a hard wall in about 3-4 months and fight like hell hounds. I'll be impressed if they last more than 6 months.

I like Sean & Davina. She seems super cool, but you can tell that there's something that needs addressing in her mind. The same with Sean. His insecurity bleeds through. Where his insecurity bleeds through, how and to whom he channels it to is the question to ask. Some guys that were bullied channel that insecurity and it kicks in when they feel bullied in adulthood. That's not too bad.

Some gys feel insecure all the time and they attempt to get that security back by trying to always control the situation. That's not good at all. Guess we'll wait and see how Sean is.

Edited by LeonD
  • Love 4

Ryan doesn't respect Jessica, plain and simple.  That's why he feels free to be "jokey joke" with her without any thought of her feelings. Without that respect the relationship will not last long-term.  She may hang on longer than the 6 weeks but in a year they will not be together. He needs a woman who will challenge him on his behavior and won't let him control the relationship.

• Love 4
(edited)

I always find it funny when people who make "mean" jokes blame the other person for being too sensitive instead of checking themselves. I have known several people like this and there is never any accountability because it is always that others can't take a joke, are too thin skinned, too uptight, etc. Ryan is a douche... he can couch it however he wants... but if you realize that your spouse is not cool with your behavior then you stop... pure and simple. 

Ryan needs to speak up with Jaclyn... she is testing him... seeing what she can get away with. No matter how attracted you are to someone and want them to like you... you should never allow them to get away with disrespecting you. It sets a bad precedent. 

I also find Sean to be too sexual. He knows that Davina wants to wait and he comes across as very juvenile. "Is she noisy during sex?" Really???And you ask that during a massage.  

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 7

I don't know who this Stephanie Green is that "writes" eppy reviews, but I'm guessing she's Douchebag's new g/f because she clearly HATES Sean, and pretty much thinks Douchebag & Jessica are the next best thing to sliced bread.

Did we see Sean "lose his shit"? Do we know anything other than what the producers told us?

I think like Vaugh, Sean is trying too hard to be a stereotypical straight man.

I have a strong feeling that he is really gay.

His body language in the pre-show when talking to his parents and talking to Pepper in his home and the way he decorated his home (like a old lady).

I think he is trying too hard to be something he isn't.

• Love 3

Why did two couples get sunshine, beaches and warmth and the other couple got jackets, gloves and snow? I hope they had a say in that or it is awfully unfair. Unless the producers saw what Sean was after and decided to help Davina out by giving her plenty of layers.

• Love 3

Who takes their wedding ring off at a hotel and walks away??

It reminded me of Doug "loosing the rings" before the wedding... Umm it's getting old.

It was too big so she took it off before the gym.

I've been happily married for 8 years, I only wear my (gorgeous) wedding ring about 70% of the time, my husband wears his 24/7 but I get frustrated with having anything on that long, I take it off right when I get in from my day and usually put it on before leaving the house but if I don't I don't worry about it-- I'm still married either way. 

• Love 1

Who takes their wedding ring off at a hotel and walks away??

It reminded me of Doug "loosing the rings" before the wedding... Umm it's getting old.

Sean mentioned that the ring was too big for Davina's finger. She probably took it off and put it in the nightstand thinking it might othwise fall off and get lost when she was sleeping or at the hotel gym. It got lost anyway, of course, but she didn't take it off without a reason.
  • Love 1

Why did two couples get sunshine, beaches and warmth and the other couple got jackets, gloves and snow? I hope they had a say in that or it is awfully unfair. Unless the producers saw what Sean was after and decided to help Davina out by giving her plenty of layers.

They did that last year.

The firefighter and dancer had a winter wedding location and the other two went to the islands.

I think the program has a package deal with some resorts.

Last season, I thought Jason and Cortney drew the Poconos-honeymoon straw because Jason's mom was in the final stage of her illness. I thought the show was being thoughtful in keeping Jason close to home.

But this year, Ryan R (Jaclyn' s match) said he doesn't swim. I think he would have been better off in the colder climate honeymoon.

I don't know. Last season, I bought this show' s premise for real. I mean, yes, I had problems with the obviously tragic Monet/Vaughn pairing, and recurring-reality-star Jamie did (and continues to) get on my nerves with her needy-vulnerable schtick, but, OVERALL, I believed that the intent of the show was genuine. It's a SHOW, so the entertainment factor is key, of course, but, still, I thought the foundation was not suspect.

This season, though, Ive already changed my mind. I'm bothered by what I'm watching. I'm feeling squicky about what I'm watching.

Of the six, I think Ryan R, Jessica, Davina and, maybe, Sean are sincerely looking for love and marriage. The others are not. It's a game to the others. This bothers me.

So many of us in this forum alone have recognized that Jessica and Ryan R would have been a fantastic match! Yet, the experts paired sweet, vulnerable Jessica with one of the biggest assholes in the pool? Why?

And Jaclyn the ballbuster is matched with the lowkey, decent Ryan R? Again, why?

I can conclude ONLY that it's for the show, the fireworks, the melodrama. I guess I can't feel TOO bad for people willing to put their lives on reality tv. But I do resent the so-called experts pontificating about their protocols and proven research when they're really just full of shit.........And they KNOW it, too.

And while I agree with PityFree that communication is always key to any successful relationship, I think people like Ryan D or Jaclyn could not care less about communication or reaching out. Life is all about THEMSELVES. They don't care about the feelings or expectations of others. Others are just collateral damage.

I do sincerely wonder about Dr Cilona. Jessica Castro tried out for MAFS during the first season. Dr C did an interview to talk about his very favorable impression of her and his disappointment that they couldn't find a suitable match for her at the time. So jump to season 2. Dr C interviewed that he was delighted Jessica was still willing to be in the pool. To me, it was obvious the doctor genuinely liked and cared for Jessica.

So how is it, he agreed to match her with an obviously immature, selfish, overgrown-teen like Ryan D? This match bothers me so much. I feel that Jessica was used as a pawn for "good," hateful, hurtful tv.

I know Jessica is an aspiring model/actress, and any publicity is good publicity. But I also truly believe she was looking for love. She's been played, and that bothers me very much.

If this had been a first date, and Ryan D and Jessica had sex, he would never had called her again, nor answered her texts or messages. Ryan D is not a good guy. He's a creep. Jessica is a nice person. Their so-called scientific match is bogus.

• Love 7

Okay, here's my suggestion for the "experts:"

1) Do all the paperwork for individuals who want you to find them a marriage partner.

2) Throw a party and invite all those who seem, ON PAPER, to be a good match for each other.

3) Stand back and see who's actually got chemistry and who doesn't.

4) Throw an instant wedding for the ones who do got it!

The experts don't seem to realize that chemistry between is the one thing you can't determine from a questionnaire or an interview, yet it's a vital aspect of a marriage. We'd avoid disasters like Ryan and Jaclyn.

5) But for the ones who do got it, tell them NOT to have sex on the wedding night. Or probably not for several days or even weeks. That's how you get disasters like Vaughn/Monet or Ryan/Jessica. The men treat the brides like a one-night stand that they're done with, and become complete assholes like Vaughn and Ryan. They *might* have been okay if they'd waited.

I totally agree with this pos!  The old relationship rules that we think are outdated actually served a purpose in the success of marriage.  Doug really had to work to win over Jamie, and he respects her for it and desires her that much more because of it.  It increases attraction.  Another poser noted that Jamie had a lot of vulnerability during the process, a feminine quality...........she did not act like a pal and she did not order for him!  They had fun together in the meantime, and Doug was super considerate and affectionate.

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, here's my suggestion for the "experts:"

1) Do all the paperwork for individuals who want you to find them a marriage partner.

2) Throw a party and invite all those who seem, ON PAPER, to be a good match for each other.

3) Stand back and see who's actually got chemistry and who doesn't.

4) Throw an instant wedding for the ones who do got it!

I think that would push a lot of less socially open (shy) and less good looking people out of the selection pool. Most people's "chemistry" is often very superficial and almost always purely physically based.

Doug & Jamie would have never ever dated if they'd been required to meet first and find "chemistry". Having said that, Doug & Jamie even today don't actually look that close to me. There's a disconnect there and I personally don't think they're going to last more than a couple years. Could be wrong though.

But for the ones who do got it, tell them NOT to have sex on the wedding night. Or probably not for several days or even weeks. That's how you get disasters like Vaughn/Monet or Ryan/Jessica. The men treat the brides like a one-night stand that they're done with, and become complete assholes like Vaughn and Ryan. They *might* have been okay if they'd waited.

Totally agree. Courtship is a dance and the reward is intimate sex. Every couple that rushes into sex actually cheapens that intimacy and begins a relationship with false intimacy and less respect.

It's unavoidable, that the fact is men do lose a little attraction and respect when a woman gives up to sex too quickly.

If it comes too easily he doesn't feel the need to actually try to impress you anymore.

Edited by LeonD
  • Love 5

I think like Vaugh, Sean is trying too hard to be a stereotypical straight man.

I have a strong feeling that he is really gay.

His body language in the pre-show when talking to his parents and talking to Pepper in his home and the way he decorated his home (like a old lady).

I think he is trying too hard to be something he isn't.

My husband thinks Sean is gay too.

On Davina's Facebook page, a commenter asks her:

"Davina, were you hoping for a warm honeymoon or do you like the snow/skiing?"

Davina Kullar:  "I was fine with either...the cold was definitely more out of my comfort zone. That's a good thing, though...this whole thing was out of my comfort zone, after all!!"

Sean and Davina are cute together but I can see some of the emotional baggage from their pasts seeping in and cracking their foundation a little.  It will be interesting to see these two together once they get back to real life.  Something tells me it won't be quite as much of a fairy tale.

I think Ryan D's immaturity and sometimes brash sense of humor is going to trigger Jessica's insecurities, I bet.  I have a feeling these two will not last.

I don't know about Ryan R and Jaclyn.  I really really want to see some kind of Jamie and Doug spark but right now, I don't.  On the other hand, she is awfully touchy with him -- hugs, holding hands, arms around him in bed the day after the wedding, etc.  If someone truly repulsed me and there was no chemistry whatsoever it would be a cold day in hell before I let that person touch me.  So maybe she's just giving into histrionics a bit?  Maybe she has to get her head out of the Notebook and see what she has right in front of her.   Ryan is a great guy! 

With all that said, I actually love Jaclyn!  She seems very honest about who she is.  I find it much more endearing than being fake.  I think genuine love can grow between them... but I just don't see it right now.  If she can't lower her walls and get over herself a bit... then this relationship isn't going anywhere, sadly.

(edited)

I too am in the minority in liking Jaclyn.  

And I think by watching the longer FYI version of the show, you can get a better understanding of where she and Ryan stand at this point as their talk by the pool had extra footage shown on FYI where they were holding hands.    So I don't think its all doom and gloom for them. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

I had to laugh at a poster that said Jaclyn was demonstrative towards Ryan even though she said she wasn't attracted to him, and mentioned how she had her arms around him in bed the morning after the wedding.  To me it looked like she had him in a vice grip.  I know she's petite and doesn't have a wide arm span, but rather than an affectionate gesture, it looked like she was holding on for fear she was going to fall off the bed.

(edited)

Ryan doesn't respect Jessica, plain and simple.  That's why he feels free to be "jokey joke" with her without any thought of her feelings. Without that respect the relationship will not last long-term.  She may hang on longer than the 6 weeks but in a year they will not be together. He needs a woman who will challenge him on his behavior and won't let him control the relationship.

You are so right - no respect. And I still think it's because they had sex too soon. Same thing happened to Vaughn & Monet. He had no respect for her, either. Men don't marry/respect women who meet them and sleep with them on the same day. I'm sure somebody's got an exception, but it's very very rare. I sure wish these so-called experts would address this.

Sure, these couples are legally married, but that means nothing to the emotional state. Monet & Jessica still turned into one-night stands as far as their husbands were concerned. Very curious to see if Jessica & Ryan actually stay together. From what we've seen, I'd be very surprised if they do. It will be nothing but misery for her if she attempts it.

Edited by okerry

Men don't marry/respect women who meet them and sleep with them on the same day. I'm sure somebody's got an exception, but it's very very rare. I sure wish these so-called experts would address this.

Sure, these couples are legally married, but that means nothing to the emotional state.

I don't think Ryan even really wanted to have sex with Jessica that night. Before the wedding ceremony, some of his jerky bro-friends were joking about the bed being the one he'll bang his future wife in (ummm, real classy, guys), and he mumbled something about needing to get to know her first. And then, much later, when he asks Jessica how she even gets out of a dress like that and she responds something about he'll have to figure it out (wink, wink), he gets this "oh, shit" look on his face, pauses a beat, and then gives a very terse, "Can't wait."

I suspect deep down he would have rather waited, but I think maybe his bro background dictated that when a hot chick you just met is willing to do the horizontal mambo, you do it. Problem is, his background also probably tells him that you do not marry the hot chick you just met who is already down to clown.

• Love 4

I don't understand some of you trying to attack Ryan as not respecting Jessica. They don't know each other and are feeling each other out.

Its really too quick to make those kinds of determinations right now.

As for sleeping together, nothing right or wrong about it. if you feel comfortable enough to do it have fun and enjoy yourselves, won't kill a relationship and it won't save it.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am going to re-watch this episode again because I am missing some points that were brought up. The only thing I see is that one bride was rather mean spirited in telling her new husband how much he turned her off and she wanted to run. For sure, she has a right not to consummate the marriage if she is not feeling it. And I do not have any solutions except she didn't have to be mean. There is no reason to be hit below the belt like that. He would probably be someone else's prince. It appears she is trying to recreate the other chick's scene (season 1) and maybe get herself a spin-off. I am not liking her at all just as I still do not like Doug's wife.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 3
(edited)

It was too big so she took it off before the gym.

I've been happily married for 8 years, I only wear my (gorgeous) wedding ring about 70% of the time, my husband wears his 24/7 but I get frustrated with having anything on that long, I take it off right when I get in from my day and usually put it on before leaving the house but if I don't I don't worry about it-- I'm still married either way. 

I know people can be happily married, ring or not. Me being a 24/7 ring wearer.

One thing is to take it off at home, another thing to leave it alone at some hotel room. I would never dare because of the sentimental value. It is irreplaceable. (I would have worn it as a necklace or hid it really well).

But I guess in this case, it doesn't have that much sentimental value yet...

Edited by Passthepopcorn

I don't think Sean is gay. I can see why some kids might have bullied him, him being a sensitive/ tidy/ gentle guy.

I agree Jacklyn has a masculine "guy from the bar" vibe sometimes. She has enormous walls up. I honor the honesty of not sleeping with him if she is not emotionally involved with him. I don't appreciate her testing him with borderline rude actions, emasculating him, calling him dude and bro at this point is disrespectful.

Jessica said "Who does that?!" at least once, twice If I'm not mistaken. RD got an "I hate you" before he even got an I love you. (Not that I expect and ILU so soon). It was playful, but I see it as an early red flag she is getting. Not saying he is bad but his "sense of humor" will not work well with her.

• Love 2

It's possible the reason for Sean's bullying was the other kids making the assumption he was gay.  Kids can really be brutal.  We have a family member that was brutally bullied until his 9th grade year for that same reason.  It was a nightmare for him and like Sean, he did not fight back and did not tell family members.  I does leave a lasting impact on their lives.  Like Sean, this man is not gay but does have ways about him that may signal those thoughts in others.  He loves women.  And he is very sexual, like Sean. 

Jaclyn showed her abrasive, callous ways once again...  What was the point of telling Ryan she wanted to run when she first saw him?  That's just mean.  She exudes masculine energy in a number of ways, but she obviously loves men.  Takes all kinds to make up this world.

Ryan/Jessica...he should have been paired with a more feminine, quieter woman.  Jessica is bold & loud and doesn't seem to be his style.  She interrupts him constantly.  I believe he dislikes her (including her looks) and did so at first sight.  So all of his actions are the result of his unhappiness with the woman the experts selected for him.

I disagree with everyone that says Sex right away between Jessica and Ryan is why he doesn't respect her. I don't think he would respect any woman that this boy because he has the maturity level of a 14 year old

• Love 4

It's possible the reason for Sean's bullying was the other kids making the assumption he was gay.  Kids can really be brutal.  We have a family member that was brutally bullied until his 9th grade year for that same reason.  It was a nightmare for him and like Sean, he did not fight back and did not tell family members.  I does leave a lasting impact on their lives.  Like Sean, this man is not gay but does have ways about him that may signal those thoughts in others.  He loves women.  And he is very sexual, like Sean. 

Jaclyn showed her abrasive, callous ways once again...  What was the point of telling Ryan she wanted to run when she first saw him?  That's just mean.  She exudes masculine energy in a number of ways, but she obviously loves men.  Takes all kinds to make up this world.

Ryan/Jessica...he should have been paired with a more feminine, quieter woman.  Jessica is bold & loud and doesn't seem to be his style.  She interrupts him constantly.  I believe he dislikes her (including her looks) and did so at first sight.  So all of his actions are the result of his unhappiness with the woman the experts selected for him.

I think children are hyper perceptive, they saw something in Sean that he doesn't want to admit himself. Being hypersexual with the opposite sex seems to me like a sign of them trying to force in their own mind that they are not what they know they are. Just my opinion but the way he acts, the super tough protector schtick, the asking her if she is loud during sex during a spa treatment with others present, all sends signals to me. Dude is gay. Davina better be careful with leaving her gay best friend around her husband. Its a ticking time bomb.

Jaclyn is giving Ryan a chance to prove himself to her and get her respect, interest, trust, etc. She wants him to stand up to her and be dominant (not sexually, abusive, and etc to those of you who are sensitive) with her. She wants a take charge dude (I can read it in her actions and from what she puts off). I'm guessing she knows she isn't the prettiest, and figures if she can get people to focus on how to woo and jump her hurdles, they won't notice her rough face. To reword what I wrote earlier, Jaclyn needs/wants a man who can show that he can take charge or any situation, even her. I think she gets security from that and in turn she'll probably be the one of all the chicks on this show who will "ride or die" with her dude.

I disagree with everyone that says Sex right away between Jessica and Ryan is why he doesn't respect her. I don't think he would respect any woman that this boy because he has the maturity level of a 14 year old

I don't think its right to openly try to belittle the man like that.

He is just a frank dude, nothing wrong with that.

They are learning each other and she is going to have to tell him when she thinks he is going over the line so he can learn to read her non-verbal cues. IMHO.

Like I said earlier they are feeling each other out, from her own words though she seems to like him.

• Love 1

I think I have a pretty different read on Jaclyn then the rest of the group. I find her brash for sure but I also find her to be a really good communicator and thats important in any relationship, especially one with a stranger! Ryan could use being a bit more forthcoming, I think she would take it well since she's a very "lay it all on the table" type of person. 

She did make an effort to add in some "babe"s and "hun"s along with the dude/bro... I don't think it's realistic for everyone to start with the sweetie/babe/honey talk and at least dude/bro is familiar and friendly. But it's a fine line. I think it's going to take a lot for her to put down her walls enough for romance, but it's a good sign she's accepting him as a friend. Obviously she's got some things to work through since it's been so long since she's opened herself up in that way to a romantic partner. 

• Love 5
(edited)

So Sean is still affacted by his being bullied... And it sounds like he went off on the hotel staff. Its sounding more and more like he needs to work on himself not get a spouse. Generally if you are missing one item and nothing else in a hotel odds are its misplaced. Add in that they had a camera crew, the hotel getting publicity out of your stay, ect, the ring wasn't stolen. Clearly they hadn't spent hours searching. I wonder what Sean was like to make it so that they did put it on the screen he confronted staff but they didn't show it. Considering he was proved wrong I don't see the hotel objecting to it being aired, the staff were the falsely accused, if it was filmed, so that leaves perhaps Sean being horrible enough that the show maybe thought it would be too damaging from whatever story they're looking to present with these two. I also didn't like how he was acting in the interview about "he won't tell", he just seemed creepy.

There should be a Tito's Vodka (is she getting paid extra to promote it? She must be) drinking game for Jaclyn's " dudes" and "bro's" so maybe it'll go from completely annoying to just very annoying. Sorry but I'm of the opinion to begin with people over 21 in the adult world need to stop using Dudes and Bro's. I know it really doesn't have anything to do with indicating if someone is a good or bad person, but it's not inviting for people to want to stick around and dig deep unless there is some deep connection thing going on regardless or if the other person uses the terms just as much which Ryan doesn't.

Ryan and Jessica... Did they not watch Monet and Vaughn?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

I know that everybody is saying that Jaclyn is rough looking but i don't find her to be unattractive at all. Without her make-up, she actually looked much softer and more attractive. I think if she loses the heavy eye makeup and goes with a softer lip she would look a whole lot more youthful and prettier. She has a great body to boot. 

• Love 6

I know that everybody is saying that Jaclyn is rough looking but i don't find her to be unattractive at all. Without her make-up, she actually looked much softer and more attractive. I think if she loses the heavy eye makeup and goes with a softer lip she would look a whole lot more youthful and prettier. She has a great body to boot. 

I don't think there is a single thing that is actually ugly, its more like she has features that don't fit.

I like her eyes, but it doesn't fit with her mouth, nose, cheeks.

That said I don't think she is too bad but the way she talks about the other dude being ugly, really puts the target on her.

• Love 2

I'll just echo what I said last week: Jaclyn needs to get her testosterone levels checked. Calling your new husband dude, bro and brother? Um...no. You can really tell why she's been single all her 20's. That kind of behaviour does not attract men. Ordering for him in the restaurant was just beyond ridiculous. She is the most entertaining person in this bunch though. I just hope Ryan R learns to open his mouth when something bothers him. I guess he's scared about disturbing the peace this early on, but if he lets her walk all over him now, it's hard to change the dynamic later. I like that he's at least acknowledging the weirdness in Jaclyn's behaviour instead turning a blind eye to everything because he's attracted to her (à la Doug).

Don't even get me started on Ryan D. He's so immature! There's being playful and then there's being inconsiderate. He's the latter. Why ruin your spouse's enjoyment of everything for your own amusement? That is not funny to anyone but you. When you care for someone you want them to be happy. You don't want to intentionally upset them and make them uncomfortable. Gentle teasing is OK, but he went beyond that many times IMO. Maybe someone would find his behaviour funny, but someone as sensitive as Jessica doesn't need her buttons pushed constantly. I really hope he takes a hint soon, but I doubt it. He seems like the type who thinks everyone should find him hilarious or they have a stick up their ass.

Still not a fan of Sean. There's just something off about him. I don't think he's gay though, I just think having grown up weak and bullied has made him overly appreciative of his current self. What I mean is that, once he became attractive and successful and the girls who never looked his way when he was a teenager were suddenly interested in him, his head grew a few sizes. Now he secretly thinks he's God's gift, but at the same time he can't shake that insecurity he used to live with. Because of that he has this constant need to prove his worth and to be in control. I know the type, since I've been around former nerds a lot. The ones who turned attractive in adulthood and found success are usually insufferable to me. 

I still have a crush on Davina, she's so pretty! I like how she's approaching this so far.

• Love 3

I'm a little surprised how much everyone gives Davina a pass for all the self hate she exhibits.

When she said she never wanted anyone her own race and faith that should have kicked her out of the pool.

This chick really has some major issues that are going to come up in a big way the longer they aren't dealt with, especially if she has children.

• Love 2

I just watched the last 2 episodes, and I am very pessimistic about any of these couples lasting. Now, whether that's a reaction to editing tricks, I can't tell. But out of all of them, the only ones I find likable are Jessica and sometimes Davinna.

Well, considering they're filming S3 shortly, my guess is at least 2 couples at least stay the course past the show.

Would Sean really be flaunting that ring in those pictures the way he is, if he & Davina aren't one of them? My guess is no.

• Love 1
Still not a fan of Sean. There's just something off about him. I don't think he's gay though, I just think having grown up weak and bullied has made him overly appreciative of his current self. What I mean is that, once he became attractive and successful and the girls who never looked his way when he was a teenager were suddenly interested in him, his head grew a few sizes. Now he secretly thinks he's God's gift, but at the same time he can't shake that insecurity he used to live with. Because of that he has this constant need to prove his worth and to be in control. I know the type, since I've been around former nerds a lot. The ones who turned attractive in adulthood and found success are usually insufferable to me.

Yes, Sean seems very smug to me.

I'm not so much wondering why these people were matched with each but why they were cast at all. Ryan D's tone-deaf, immature personality was clearly evident during the casting special and Jaclyn didn't try to hide her abrasive and rough demeanor. I'm not saying the "experts" should only look for the gentle and meek, but the warning signs were there for those two.

As to couple-hood, my sister is bossy and controlling with a passive and mild husband. Their dynamic makes me uncomfortable because she spends all day telling him what to do, in loud tones of voice, but they've been married 28 years, so poo on what I think. The panel may have figured that Jaclyn and Ryan would mesh somewhat similarly, but I'm not seeing it.

If I told my husband I was deathly afraid of bugs and he thought it was funny to dump a bunch of spiders on me? Just no. I felt so bad for Jessica flailing around in the ocean. Ryan has no idea how to connect on an emotional level, or even how to look someone in the eye.

We only have the show's word for whatever happened with Sean and the hotel staff. My assumption is that the camera crew hadn't arrived yet, so for them to characterize his outburst as angry without showing us any of it is pretty suspect. But I also think the time for him to be crying over being bullied has past. If it continues to haunt and shape him as an adult in undesirable ways, see a therapist. Don't unload on some poor woman, wife or not, who you just met.

• Love 5

The producers of the show , or the experts, love to exploit childhood "traumas" such as growing up with an absent father, growing up poor, or being bullied as instrumental in the success of all adult relationships as per psychotherapy, and having to vent all your past feelings onto your spouse. The show loves to show its characters crying and marriage rescuing them, which it really can't be expected to do. One should be healthy and whole as an individual before marriage. Just more unrealistic expectations beyond the MAFS construct.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't understand some of you trying to attack Ryan as not respecting Jessica. They don't know each other and are feeling each other out.

Its really too quick to make those kinds of determinations right now.

As for sleeping together, nothing right or wrong about it. if you feel comfortable enough to do it have fun and enjoy yourselves, won't kill a relationship and it won't save it.

I agree with this.  Right now, we are only seeing a small portion of the picture; we don't know these people.  I don't know 100% if Ryan is a douche or if Jessica is sweet and vulnerable.  

I'm a little surprised how much everyone gives Davina a pass for all the self hate she exhibits.

When she said she never wanted anyone her own race and faith that should have kicked her out of the pool.

This chick really has some major issues that are going to come up in a big way the longer they aren't dealt with, especially if she has children.

I have a different take.  What she said was that because her mother was divorced, she didn't get too much love from "her" people. I can understand why she might not want to date Indian men.  I'm black, If I grew up around black people calling me names, making fun of my features, etc, I might not want to have anything to do with black men either.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

I disagree re Sean having to be "over" the bullying. his 'friends' broke his bones m for Christ's sake!

You don't ever get over that. You can get past it, but that kind of bullying shapes who you are for the rest of your life. And it's important for Davina to know, in order to understand Sean.

I was raped as an 18 yr old. That still shapes my intimacy issues with people to this day, even aft 30 yrs. I do NOT like hugs, except from my children, an older female relative, and hubby. Everyone else - BACK OFF!

• Love 2

I agree with this.  Right now, we are only seeing a small portion of the picture; we don't know these people.  I don't know 100% if Ryan is a douche or if Jessica is sweet and vulnerable.  

I have a different take.  What she said was that because her mother was divorced, she didn't get too much love from "her" people. I can understand why she might not want to date Indian men.  I'm black, If I grew up around black people calling me names, making fun of my features, etc, I might not want to have anything to do with black men either.

I don't know. I'm black and I grew up in a mixed environment in the South. When I look over my life the majority of the people I got into it with are black. But when you take that experience and put that hate on a whole race, its just as bad as someone outside a racial group putting it down because of a negative experience. Self hate isn't healthy, it would be one thing if she said she had a white preference, but to say she doesn't like any indian men at all and she doesn't want anyone of a eastern religion faith, that is a level of self hate that really needs to be addressed. It simply is not healthy at all. she literally hates herself and what she is, when she said she self identified as white, it really should have setoff some alarm bells for the so called therapists on the show.

• Love 2

WAs that ordering thing producer related? Who does not know that is not cool? And who wouldn't speak up and say they preferred blue cheese directly on their dish along with the tamarin sauce?

I can see her offering a suggestion as to which dish she thought he would enjoy but to just take completely over was rude. And he needs to take some freakin player pills! You don't have to be a ruffian to be a man. And yes I am going there... he is going to forever be "bro" if he doesn't get a pair pretty soon.

And I did re-watch the entire show this morning. The other guy with Jessica is an awkward mess, actually, somewhat insensitive. He may be the type of guy who really hates women in secret and maybe in secret to himself. If a person cannot swim or is afraid of water, pushing them in or overturning the canoe on them is mean and not funny. He didn't have any "mack" so he takes it out on her. Loser....

There is not a guy I know personally, friends or otherwise, who would sit around and do all that kissing without it leading to something. I wouldn't even do it. what are they, 6th graders? Don't get me wrong here. I am not saying force the issue and no definitely means no. I can also understand wanting the act or after-the-act to be an intimate/private occasion. But these guys are laying smooching and getting frustrated and practically begging. 

WAs that ordering thing producer related? Who does not know that is not cool? And who wouldn't speak up and say they preferred blue cheese directly on their dish along with the tamarin sauce?

I can see her offering a suggestion as to which dish she thought he would enjoy but to just take completely over was rude. And he needs to take some freakin player pills! You don't have to be a ruffian to be a man. And yes I am going there... he is going to forever be "bro" if he doesn't get a pair pretty soon.

And I did re-watch the entire show this morning. The other guy with Jessica is an awkward mess, actually, somewhat insensitive. He may be the type of guy who really hates women in secret and maybe in secret to himself. If a person cannot swim or is afraid of water, pushing them in or overturning the canoe on them is mean and not funny. He didn't have any "mack" so he takes it out on her. Loser....

There is not a guy I know personally, friends or otherwise, who would sit around and do all that kissing without it leading to something. I wouldn't even do it. what are they, 6th graders? Don't get me wrong here. I am not saying force the issue and no definitely means no. I can also understand wanting the act or after-the-act to be an intimate/private occasion. But these guys are laying smooching and getting frustrated and practically begging. 

I used to go fishing on a little boat with my friends. I can not swim and I'm afraid of the water but I can get over it for the most part when the water is still.

Everytime I go out with them (I'm the only guy wearing a life vest) and they always find a way to rock the boat heavy or flip it over just to screw with me.

That said I can understand how on the outside people might think its terrible, but I know those guys and I know they would take a bullet for me, so I'll usually laugh about it later, no big deal. Its from that experience that I draw you can't just crap on the guy for the prank. I'm sure if she didn't have that vest and he wasn't sure he would be able to help her he wouldn't even think about doing it.

As for rough Jaclyn ordering, she did ask the dude if he minded while trying to bust his balls. He really needed to say something instead of biting his tongue.

(edited)

I used to go fishing on a little boat with my friends. I can not swim and I'm afraid of the water but I can get over it for the most part when the water is still.

Everytime I go out with them (I'm the only guy wearing a life vest) and they always find a way to rock the boat heavy or flip it over just to screw with me.

That said I can understand how on the outside people might think its terrible, but I know those guys and I know they would take a bullet for me, so I'll usually laugh about it later, no big deal. Its from that experience that I draw you can't just crap on the guy for the prank. I'm sure if she didn't have that vest and he wasn't sure he would be able to help her he wouldn't even think about doing it.

As for rough Jaclyn ordering, she did ask the dude if he minded while trying to bust his balls. He really needed to say something instead of biting his tongue.

Hi Dave... but if it was you and you had just met someone would you go that far to make them uncomfortable? Even with a vest I am sure she was uncomfortable. If you, yourself, are trying to impress or get to know someone wouldn't you think it appropriate to approach them a little gentler rather than embarrassing them? He could have spent that time better than that.

And Jaclyn did ask but proceeded without hardly any input from him. Yep, he totally could have spoken up!

Edited by ethalfrida