Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: The Wedding Night And Morning After

• Start Topic

Wait, we don't even make it to the honeymoons in tonight's episode!?! 

I guess with the success of the show, more episodes were needed so lets make the morning after a show on its own!

• Love 1

I have something on my DVR called "Getting Hitched." Is this an episode that was already shown? I have it set to record, but I feel if it's new it's a bunch of baloney time filler!

I have something on my DVR called "Getting Hitched." Is this an episode that was already shown? I have it set to record, but I feel if it's new it's a bunch of baloney time filler!

I went and checked the FYI website and "Getting Hitched" is what they are calling episode 2, which was shown last week.

So far we've seen:

Matchmaking special

Wedding Preps--episode 1

Getting Hitched--episode 2

Tonight is episode 3.

Jaclyn needs to shut up about him not feeling like he's her husband. Of course he's not going to feel like a husband right away or whatever. She's known the guy for twelve fucking hours, if that. The attraction might be there, but everything else (rightfully so) should take time.

• Love 8

Call me crazy, but I think Jaclyn and Ryan R have the most potential to make it as a couple. Just their foundation of having laughter and friendship PLUS the editing focusing so much on her doubts. The show is edited months later right? And the show has to find a narrative. I think "huge turnaround" is their narrative. 

And I like them as a couple!

I also think Sean and Davina have something really nice happening. The only couple I'm not feeling is Ryan D and Jessica. 

• Love 2

Jacklyn is a stone-cold bitch, saying that when she saw Ryan she wanted to run. 

Obviously Sean's "protectiveness" can manifest as rage.  Davina better watch for that. 

So other Ryan and Jessica had sex on their first night?  Pretty bold move.  Yet she went in the bathroom to put on her swimsuit? 

• Love 5

I'm not really seeing what Jessica and Ryan have in common besides being two very attractive people. She seems like a very sensitive person, and he seems a little rough for someone like her. And not that I'm a prude or anything, but I think it may have been an error for them to have sex right away. I mean, let the tension build a little. And I think sex too early can give people a false sense of intimacy. Not that this whole experiment isn't already giving them a false sense of intimacy.

I hope that Sean and Davina lay off the serious back story talk a little. Sort of like sex, I think that oversharing the most intimate details of your life so early can give a false sense of intimacy. And Sean's so wanting to have sex with Davina feels a little much. My God, give the girl some space to come to you.

Yeah, so oddly enough, as kind of bitchy as Jaclyn is, I can see her and Ryan developing into something good...if she would just lower her guard a little. There was no reason to order at the restaurant for the both of them. What possible difference does it make to her what he has for dinner?

• Love 5

I'm not really seeing what Jessica and Ryan have in common besides being two very attractive people. She seems like a very sensitive person, and he seems a little rough for someone like her. And not that I'm a prude or anything, but I think it may have been an error for them to have sex right away. I mean, let the tension build a little. And I think sex too early can give people a false sense of intimacy. Not that this whole experiment isn't already giving them a false sense of intimacy.

I hope that Sean and Davina lay off the serious back story talk a little. Sort of like sex, I think that oversharing the most intimate details of your life so early can give a false sense of intimacy. And Sean's so wanting to have sex with Davina feels a little much. My God, give the girl some space to come to you.

Yeah, so oddly enough, as kind of bitchy as Jaclyn is, I can see her and Ryan developing into something good...if she would just lower her guard a little. There was no reason to order at the restaurant for the both of them. What possible difference does it make to her what he has for dinner?

I agree. If Jaclyn at least gave it time before thinking it was some epic failure, then maybe it could. If she can have a modicum of patience, then this marriage will work. If it won't, then she will see the effects firsthand.

• Love 1

Wow! If I'm seeing the previews right and Jaclyn says to Ryan R. on their honeymoon she wanted to turn around and run, then I would've turned around and dumped her right at the airport, making sure I made a scene in front of everyone.

Hey Douchebag Ryan! There's more to a woman (& a man) than their looks and body! That's all he kept f&g talking abt in his TH.

Sean & Davina are ADORABLE!

• Love 1

It's kind of funny that Ryan the ball buster is with Jessica instead of Jaclyn. Right now, he's kind of torturing Jessica while Jaclyn is torturing her Ryan. And yes, I lost track of their last names again.

Sean and Davina seem to be the Jason and Cortney of the season. Davina definitely has the potential to be a hot mess.

• Love 2

If Jaclyn says one more time that she is not physically attracted to Ryan, you all will hear me scream from wherever you are. Geez we get it, stop repeating it!

I keep yelling at her "Life isn't a romance novel".   Jeez, what did she expect, some hot male model?!

No idea if Ryan R has the patience to woo her but if she'd just give him a chance she'd have a good experience.

• Love 4

Jaclyn orders for both of them , which I think is rude and pushy.  Ryan says in his talking head that he didn't like it.  But when Jaclyn
asks him if he minded, he says he's fine with it.  This marriage is going to have more problems than her lack of attraction.

• Love 15

So, Ryan D. and Jessica are going to go down in flames, I guess? I like her, I think she's sweet, if a little naive. Ryan is a Douchebag of the first water. The guy who makes nasty little barbs then says he was "just joking". The guy who thinks throwing someone in the water is funny. Then does it a second time. My mouth dropped open when he swept all the cheesy little decorations off the bed, as soon as Jessica said leave them for a minute, they're cute. This guy is aggressive and has anger issues, hides it with these douchey behaviors and says its all in fun. Did his sainted grandparents have this kind of dynamic? Run, Jessica, run!

I continue to like Sean and Davina--they are thoughtful people, taking their time. I just hope Sean apologized abjectly to the hotel employees he went off on.

Jacklyn, you are KILLING me. WHY did she feel it important to order for them both in the restaurant? I don't think she's awful, just really, really tone deaf. She's used to being on her own and it shows. She's hilarious in a way, though! There's something about her and Ryan that makes me want to see them succeed. They both seem so vulnerable somehow.

• Love 4

I liked Jaclyn a lot better last night. She was explaining her dilemma. She wants it to work, she likes him a lot, she can see why they were paired but she doesn't feel that chemistry. AND she said she doesn't know how to fix that. I can relate. I had the same issue with a man at one point of my life, he was a good person and we got along well but  I was physically repulsed by him. I read all the advice on "how to save your marriage" etc etc and there is not one shred of advice anywhere on overcoming that issue. She was trying to explain what was she supposed to do about that and that she was trying to get to know him. What is she supposed to do about it if it does not suddenly happen like it did for Jamie? Just because it happened for Jamie it is not a given that she is going to suddenly feel a spark once they get closer. Sorry Dr. Pepper. I don't mind hearing Jaclyn say it over and over as much as these stupid experts going on and on about how "chemistry is important but not the only thing" and "attraction can build" STFU already! 

The other Ryan is a colassal douche bag! I really feel for Jessica. He is an asshole. It is going to keep coming out as she gets to know him what an inconsiderate asshole he is.

I really hate when people try to blame hotel staff and other workers for stealing! These people DO NOT steal your stupid ring. They don't want it! I knew it was misplaced and not stolen. I hate when people have paranoia about things like that.

• Love 5

Wow.  This season is REALLY hard for me.  I truthfully don't like ANY of the couples.  I initially liked Sean and Davina, but I find him VERY pushy and very sexual. I get that you have chemistry, but you have to allow the woman to dictate where she is comfortable.  Give her some space to breathe!  I think they are too swept up in how amazing certain things are that Davina is going to find him a bit suffocating.

Ryan D. I don't know where to begin.  I have not liked him from the beginning. He screams Douchebag to me.  He's overly macho, and says ALL the right things, but he lacks tact. This is a man that is in his 20s that says he has a successful career but acts like a 12 year old. Being playful is one thing, but doing things over and over is not ok. Jessica seems far too mature for him.

Jacklyn....WOW. I've never met a woman that orders for her spouse. EVER.  I didn't think people even did that anymore. Calling him DUDE, BRO, etc is so gross.  I just find her personality disgusting.

• Love 5

I could overlook the "ordering for her spouse" thing from Jacklyn if it were just "2 filets, medium" --- but it was oddly specific in a way that sounded like she was making him eat it the way she wanted ("no bleu cheese, tamarind glaze on the side..." -- I mean, bro, what if he likes bleu cheese, dude?)

The wedding ring/hotel confrontation makes me wary of Sean. And I was a big fan of his before, so we'll see. They are probably going to have the most interesting 'where are we going to live" negotiation.

• Love 8

I could overlook the "ordering for her spouse" thing from Jacklyn if it were just "2 filets, medium" --- but it was oddly specific in a way that sounded like she was making him eat it the way she wanted ("no bleu cheese, tamarind glaze on the side..." -- I mean, bro, what if he likes bleu cheese, dude?)

I thought the same thing, what if ole Ryan wanted Bleu Cheese on his steak?!!?     Crazy that she has zero awareness on just how wrong that was but I still think that of the three marriages, they have the most potential.  I don't know why I feel that, I just do.  

And I'd be running far, far away from both Sean and Ryan D.  There were good reasons why those guys were single. 

• Love 7

I don't know why they paired some one from New Jersey with someone all the way (an hour) out on Long Island. It's about 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours away. New jersey- even the part considered close to metro New York- is NOT easy to get to from Long Island. As the crow flies it may seem close, but it's a bitch with traffic and the routes suck- you can try to go through NYC. 

I am from Long Island and we used to get these cheap flights coming in to Newark when they had Valuejet. My dad would tell people he would pay the difference if they would just avoid Newark and fly to LGA or JFK as it was a 5 hour round trip to pick someone up in NY and schelp them back to Long Island. 

• Love 4

Sean and Davina - I like them the most. Maybe they are sharing too early but like how comfortable and open they are with each other. I'm not getting any warning signs from the hotel incident. And if you the knowledge of the last place your ring was is your dresser, you leave and then it's gone I think it's pretty reasonable to assume someone from the staff took it. Especially after searching for a good deal of time. I wouldn't go off on the staff or whatever but I would report the incident at least. Also, Sean wants to have sex with Davina. Okay, I think that's pretty natural. I don't think there is anything wrong with testing the waters. But, if she is clearly uncomfortable, back off on it. I don't recall him being overly pushy. Maybe that's just me.

Jessica and Ryan D. - Look I joke around with people a lot. No, I wouldn't do something my wife or girlfriend asked me not to do but I wouldn't label him a douche because he jokes around. The issue is that some people can't take jokes to a certain degree so you need to learn how to read the situation. I don't have a problem with him joking around. I have a problem with him not noticing when it bothered Jessica. And they had sex. I don't care. People put too much stock into when or not to have sex in terms of the first time. Do what feels right to you. Some people feel better after getting that tension out of the way. I don't judge.

Jaclyn and Ryan - No thank you to all of this. I fail to see how this is the couple that might work. Ryan has all of these complaints but doesn't say them to her. Lack of communication kills relationships and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. Jaclyn is obsessed with instant connections. That will do nothing to further their connection. Treating him like one of her buddies aint gonna help either. They could work on these things, sure. But, at this point, it just looks like a lot of restating the issue instead of confronting them. I see no future with them.

• Love 2
(edited)
I liked Jaclyn a lot better last night. She was explaining her dilemma. She wants it to work, she likes him a lot, she can see why they were paired but she doesn't feel that chemistry. AND she said she doesn't know how to fix that. I can relate. I had the same issue with a man at one point of my life, he was a good person and we got along well but  I was physically repulsed by him. I read all the advice on "how to save your marriage" etc etc and there is not one shred of advice anywhere on overcoming that issue. She was trying to explain what was she supposed to do about that and that she was trying to get to know him. What is she supposed to do about it if it does not suddenly happen like it did for Jamie? Just because it happened for Jamie it is not a given that she is going to suddenly feel a spark once they get closer. Sorry Dr. Pepper. I don't mind hearing Jaclyn say it over and over as much as these stupid experts going on and on about how "chemistry is important but not the only thing" and "attraction can build" STFU already!

I liked Jaclyn a little better too.  I mean it's possible to meet a great guy with a great personality and be totally repulsed by him physically.  What do you do then?  You can't fake it forever.  What bothered me was that Ryan was upset when Jaclyn ordered for him, asked Ryan if it was okay and Ryan said it didn't bother him, but in the TH he said it did bother him.  That's a problem.  Ryan is upset that Jaclyn is calling him "dude and bro" but he's not saying anything.  That bugs me

I didn't like that Sean got loud with the hotel staff and accused them of stealing Davina's ring, okay he was bullied as a child and now feels he has to stand up for others; but that doesn't give him the right to abuse others.  That bothered me.

I think Ryan and Jessica are going to have issues.  Ryan seems immature, the way he pushed those swans, or whatever they were off the bed.  Now, if he'd taken a picture of them and then both of them swiped them off, that would have been different.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I mean it's possible to meet a great guy with a great personality and be totally repulsed by him physically.  What do you do then?  You can't fake it forever. 

I

Exactly, this isnt really her fault. She DID say I know it is not a movie, and I really like him and I really want to try. She did initially hope for a spark or a fairy tale or a great looking guy. She was thinking about the Notebook and was disappointed. But after she is trying.  She made it much less obvious than Jamie that she was not attracted to him. Jamie kept pushing Doug away. What is she supposed to do about this? All she can do is hope it happened. She can't make it happen. The experts can't help her. She is in a real dilemma here and I feel for her. 

• Love 1

I don't have sympathy. Don't sign up for shows where your chosen to marry someone sight unseen if looks or just an instant attraction is that important to you. It's no ones duty to be attracted to someone that is otherwise a great person. That's fine. But, don't go on a show like this if instant attraction is that important to you. It would also help if this show wasn't filled with genuinely attractive people. Everyone here is generally attractive. Everyone in the world has different types of people they are attracted to. But, no one chosen here is unpleasing to the eye. It's still a reality show after all. No one here is worthy of running away in terror over. It would also help if she didn't repeat the same damn thing over and over. At least with Ryan, there are things outside of looks that are a concern (even if he isn't speaking up about them with her). With her, it's looks, looks looks. Enough already. I know part of it could be editing but I'm just tired of hearing about it.

As long as I have A attraction to the woman I'm dating, then that is all that matters. I don't need the woman I date to knock me off my feet with their looks. What's important to me is how much I enjoy talking and being with the person. So, the woman I'm dating isn't drop dead gorgeous? Whatever. But, I can't stand talking to her or we have nothing in common? Find me the nearest exit.

• Love 5

Jaclyn and Ryan R. might work out their issues if he starts standing up for himself and let Jaclyn know that the way she is responding to him is not friendly or attractive.  She is trying to make the best of the situation and consciously pushing him into the "friends only zone," but she admitted that she does not know how to even be a girlfriend, much less a wife!  For someone looking for the kind of love found only in the movies, Jaclyn is a practical gal with a very masculine vibe that has not attracted a lot of male attention, especially relationship attention.  She boarders on abusive, and has a habit of treating him aggressively, knocking over drinks and punching him in the arm.  She did realize that ordering for Ryan was emasculating to him, and she did it on purpose to see how far she can go.  He should start letting her know that she is killing any chance with him.  He is being way too nice to her!!  There is no way he is obligated to tolerate her just to "trust the experts."  Of course I realize things can turn around for them, and it probably has to for the story.

Ryan D. is pushing the boundaries with poor Jessica.  I am sure she didn't sign up for the experts to match her with an immature man at best, and signs that he is an abuser.  Just like Jaclyn, some of his antics have a certain shock value that their partners don't have time to appropriately respond to.  His own mother tried to warn Jessica's mother when they were talking at the wedding, that Ryan needs someone "strong, a challenge"  I think she said.  His jokes are not a way to build trust, which Jessica needs, right experts?  I was really put off when he described their wedding night together, "I had fun."  What a mistake to sleep with him!  Now she must feel violated.  He does not seem affectionate and I am not sure what his grandparents would think about his behavior.

Davina seems to have some good experience with relationships that is helping her with Sean, and they seem okay,  Sean is a little too smooth for my taste, and he seems to think of himself as a kind of relationship expert himself!  We'll see how that works out.

• Love 4
(edited)

And I'd be running far, far away from both Sean and Ryan D.  There were good reasons why those guys were single. 

Right there with you.  I did not find Ryan D's joke about Jessica wanting to order, "rice and beans" funny at all.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 7

I feel sorry for Jaclyn.  She's trying to be honest.  This guy doesn't do it for her.  And sometimes it doesn't take 6 weeks to know it.  Jaclyn is a cool gal...she's loud and crazy and bubbly, but would probably be a great friend to have.   She needs a STRONG guy to compliment her.   I don't see RR being that guy.  I tried to remember what Doug did to turn Jamie around from her initial lack of feelings for him, and compare that to what RR is doing.  I think the difference was Jamie was SO vulnerable (even though she acted like a ball buster).  Doug's incredible patience is what finally won her over, I think.  Jaclyn isn't really vulnerable.  She's a pretty strong person.  And RR already looks like he's running out of patience.  Even though people think from last night's episode and especially the previews that they seem to be doing better, I think she's faking it.  She's trying hard but in this case I think (hope I'm wrong) that all the trying in the world is not going to help.

JesRy was my favorite but I'm very confused by his actions of last night.  He seems incredibly attracted to her and very sweet at times, then does some stupid stuff.  While we didn't see all that transpired in the canoe, the way the scene was presented he seemed incredibly childish.  No one wants to fall in a river with all your clothes on.  I don't think he's a douche but he may have a sophomoric sense of humor.  It may have been insensitive that he pushed that arrangement off the bed, but I can see a lot of guys doing that.  It's the same as all the pillows and crap we females love to put on the bed.  Guys don't really like all that crap, they just tolerate it.  I thought it was more insensitive for RR to just dump Jaclyn on the bed right on top of the flower arrangement.  But back to RR, I don't know what's going on with him, but I don't think he's a bad guy.  And they thought each other was hot, so why not consummate the marriage?   I still think they have potential.

D&S were good last night, but boy, did Sean go overboard on that ring incident. 

Right there with you.  I did not like Ryan D's joke about Jessica wanting to order, "rice and beans" funny at all.

Every douchey thing he did, he called "a joke". He is AWFUL. Self centered, boorish, and insensitive. Him dumping her in the water was just cruel. And then he did it again! His talking heads remind me of nothing so much as a 13 year old boy who thinks he's the smoothest thing ever. Sheesh. she needs to run, not walk, away from this train wreck.

• Love 5

It seems this episode did the opposite for me.....I dislike Jaclyn even more than originally.  Everything about her is rough, rough, rough.  The only reason I see that the experts could think these two would work out is because she'll bulldoze him and he'll take it. 

I could overlook the "ordering for her spouse" thing from Jacklyn if it were just "2 filets, medium" ---

I'm so glad you wrote this because I was ready to tear her apart for ordering Filet Mig-Nin!  I swore that's what she said!

• Love 5

I feel like it has been a long time since RR did or said something sweet........maybe at the wedding?  When they were in the kyak they had bathing suits on with life jackets.  I think most women want a man who is chivalrous, not someone who throws them into a pool or makes jokes at their expense.  

• Love 4

Ryan D. is pushing the boundaries with poor Jessica.  I am sure she didn't sign up for the experts to match her with an immature man at best, and signs that he is an abuser.

Someone please remind me why they were "expertly matched?" Because this is gonna be a disaster.

• Love 3

Someone please remind me why they were "expertly matched?" Because this is gonna be a disaster.

That is why I can't stand these so called "experts."  I can't help but believe they put Jaclyn and Ryan R together for the drama.  Seems to me the drama would have been more intense had they paired her with Ryan D.  Just imagine those two together.   My heart breaks for Jessica and Ryan R, because they are clearly looking for love.  Those two would probably have been right for each other. 

• Love 2

Do these experts really know these individuals? Dr. C said last season that Vaughn and Monet were the best match of all the three couples! I am sure they do look for dramatic types who will get the viewers' emotions going. They do exploit sad back stories.

• Love 2

Exactly my thoughts on Ryan D. He acts like a little boy. He doesn't seem to have any sense of chivalry in his body. I disagree that men can't appreciate the swans on the bed. I know most MATURE men wouldn't throw them off right after their wife said they were nice. He seems to have no idea how to read her queues. and outside of the "sex" they had I see no intimacy or affection with them. I can't understand why they'd put an overly emotional person like Jessica with a childish, sexist man like Ryan D. I just get the sense that he has an over inflated opinion of himself.  

Jacklyn did me no favors when she ordered the food for him.  I think her personality is abrasive.

These experts claim they are matched based on lots of data. These three matches are the worst of all the 6 they've put together.  All the couples are chiseled and attractive. I can't see this being what the average person looking for love looks like.

• Love 5
I liked Jaclyn a lot better last night. She was explaining her dilemma. She wants it to work, she likes him a lot, she can see why they were paired but she doesn't feel that chemistry. AND she said she doesn't know how to fix that. I can relate. I had the same issue with a man at one point of my life, he was a good person and we got along well but  I was physically repulsed by him. I read all the advice on "how to save your marriage" etc etc and there is not one shred of advice anywhere on overcoming that issue. She was trying to explain what was she supposed to do about that and that she was trying to get to know him. What is she supposed to do about it if it does not suddenly happen like it did for Jamie? Just because it happened for Jamie it is not a given that she is going to suddenly feel a spark once they get closer. Sorry Dr. Pepper. I don't mind hearing Jaclyn say it over and over as much as these stupid experts going on and on about how "chemistry is important but not the only thing" and "attraction can build" STFU already!

I wonder if there is something in the philosophy of the experts that women have to suck up lack of attraction?  I say this because all the men on the show seem at least somewhat pleased with their brides' appearance, but we have had two brides in two seasons (Jamie and Jacklyn) who have literally wanted to run when they meet their grooms at the alter.  I know that many people thought Vaughn was not attracted to Monet, but I think he was okay with her physically, even if she was not his ideal woman.

I have to say, as a female, there have been cases where I guy was not initially attracted to turned out to be really hot because of a good personality.  I also had the opposite reaction where a hot guy turned ugly to me because he was mean or did not have a nice disposition.  So, in all honesty the change of heart could happen.

However, I have yet to see one guy on the series say that he wanted to run when he saw the lady walk down the aisle (or burst into tears, like Jaimie), but he was determined to make it work because he trusted the experts.

• Love 5

I couldn't think of what exactly RD was doing wrong last night, but SaucyMommy hit it on the head - he wasn't reading her right.  There's people like that who just are clueless and don't know when to quit.  They don't see the rolled eyes when they tell dumb or inappropriate jokes or don't get that their comments or actions or actually hurtful rather than a barrel of laughs.  Despite that, I still like him.  I don't think he would actually be abusive to Jessica, but how would I know?  

We got spoiled because we had Jason and Courtney last year come right out of the gate a sure fire winner.  This is more realistic. 

• Love 1

Okay, here's my suggestion for the "experts:"

1) Do all the paperwork for individuals who want you to find them a marriage partner.

2) Throw a party and invite all those who seem, ON PAPER, to be a good match for each other.

3) Stand back and see who's actually got chemistry and who doesn't.

4) Throw an instant wedding for the ones who do got it!

The experts don't seem to realize that chemistry between is the one thing you can't determine from a questionnaire or an interview, yet it's a vital aspect of a marriage. We'd avoid disasters like Ryan and Jaclyn.

5) But for the ones who do got it, tell them NOT to have sex on the wedding night. Or probably not for several days or even weeks. That's how you get disasters like Vaughn/Monet or Ryan/Jessica. The men treat the brides like a one-night stand that they're done with, and become complete assholes like Vaughn and Ryan. They *might* have been okay if they'd waited.

• Love 11

I guess I'm the only one cynical enough to think that the ring and ordering incidents were trumped up for the show.  I'd bet there's someone just off camera giving them direction.  "Get really upset, Davina needs to see that you can take care of her!"  "Order for him, it will create a spotlight segment for the show."

Didn't Jason even say that a lot of the arguments were bits of unrelated conversations pieced together?

• Love 2

I wonder if there is something in the philosophy of the experts that women have to suck up lack of attraction?  I say this because all the men on the show seem at least somewhat pleased with their brides' appearance, but we have had two brides in two seasons (Jamie and Jacklyn) who have literally wanted to run when they meet their grooms at the alter.  I know that many people thought Vaughn was not attracted to Monet, but I think he was okay with her physically, even if she was not his ideal woman.

I have to say, as a female, there have been cases where I guy was not initially attracted to turned out to be really hot because of a good personality.  I also had the opposite reaction where a hot guy turned ugly to me because he was mean or did not have a nice disposition.  So, in all honesty the change of heart could happen.

However, I have yet to see one guy on the series say that he wanted to run when he saw the lady walk down the aisle (or burst into tears, like Jaimie), but he was determined to make it work because he trusted the experts.

I didn't get anything about the Vaughn/Monet match.   

Overall, the guys have been much more flexible with looks.  Maybe my standards are high but the only woman I've found attractive was Cortney - and that was mostly because of her attitude.  No offense to her, but, unless her dad owns a football team (or something else extraordinary), Jaclyn should take whatever she can get.  Looks and personality are not in her favor...does she have several doctorates I don't know about?  Maybe I could tolerate her if she was REALLY smart.

• Love 3

Not the only one, Jack. 

Regarding the Jacklyn ordering incident, we never saw them with menus, so I assume conversation happened before she "took the bull by the horns".  Maybe something like:

J: "I love filet.  This one looks interesting" 

R: "Yeah, I love steak too, only if it's cooked medium. But I hate Blue Cheese.  And what the hell is a Tamarind glaze?"

So Jacklyn orders, knowing exactly how to tell the waiter what they want.  Without dithering.  Ryan comes off to me as if he'd dither about stuff. 

• Love 3

I think part of Jaclyn's problem and the reason she was single is that she exhibits a lot of (for lack of better term) male energy. I recognize this because I am the same way. I was raised to achieve, finish college, not depend on anyone to take care of me, be very independent, know how to change a tire, etc. -- which is all good. But sometimes, I tend to do things similar to ordering for a man (although I have never actually done that particular thing) and I am not comfortable receiving gifts/gestures/protection/etc. from men I have dated. This may be really confusing to Ryan R. - who expected to be able to do certain things for his new wife -- like order for her or pull her chair out for her, etc. He probably expected to be the Big Spoon when they were in bed (especially since he is taller) but there was Jaclyn - being the Big Spoon and making Ryan the Little Spoon! 

It's not a matter of strict male/female roles; it's a matter of expectations and the scripts we have in our head about how we should act in various situations. If you are in a play and someone goes off script, the other actors will get confused and feel frustrated. Ryan expected to order for his wife or at the very least order for himself. Jaclyn was wayyyyyyy off script.

But, I think communication can help a ton. Ryan R. needs to let Jaclyn know honestly when something bothers him. I think that once a couple knows one another better, the "script" can be adapted to suit them.

• Love 5