Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Fugitive Number One

Boyd and Duffy have more lives than a thousand cats.  Poor Mikey.  Bye Katherine.

I see the brain trust is still alive in Harlem.  Carl believed Boyd?  Steal millions from a criminal killer, and drag it miles into nowhere with the plan that some guy you haven't talked to in how long will be able to lead you out?

I want Boone to die painfully and soon.

• Love 5
(edited)

What did mike/Mickie/michale think the head bad guys would do to waynne Duffy? Tell him he was a bad boy and don't do it again and than go home!

Edited by gwhh

What did mike/Mickie/michele think the head bad guys would do to waynne Duffy? Tell him he was a bad boy and don't do it again and than go home!

Whatever he was thinking, dude went out hard. He took like 5 or 6 shots and just refused to die until he took the bitch out. His asking to be held as he died was heartbreaking

• Love 19

I was getting choked up during Mikey's death scene with Wynn. Damn.

Groves (?) is not looking so good. Ava and Zachariah's plan was no so well thought out.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow. Could someone PLEASE kill Vasquez?  I really hate that little shit. And that creepy freak Boon too. 

I'm extremely Aplexed by the death of Mikey. Bless his heart - got his ass kicked by that damn Daryl Crowe last season and now this. I got all sorts of choked up when he asked Wynn to hold him and at least he got to hear his classical music as he died. He was a tough dude. 

I'm not sure whose plans are more screwed up at this point - Avery's, Boyd's, Ava's, or Raylan's

Yeah, Boyd has finally snapped. Now I'm starting to want him dead too. 

Edited by soapfaninnc
  • Love 7
(edited)

Poor Mikey. I think he thought he could handle seeing Wynn getting axed, but actually seeing it was too much for him. Wynn will probably outlive everyone.

I`ll miss Catherine. When she was giving her speech, I felt like it was straight out of the Maltese Falcon. "When your partner gets killed, you do something about it. Don`t matter if you like them. You got to do something about it".

Actually felt bad for Carl and Earl. I feel like a lot of the henchmen types like Mikey and Carl seem to follow more of a code of friendship with their criminal associates, but the top dogs see them as disposable (except with Mikey and Wynn, apparently). Earl is probably on borrowed time, but I actually liked him in this episode. The "honor among thieves" vs."crime doesn't pay" bit was great. I just love how much the show puts into its minor criminals, and can even make you feel some sympathy for them, even if they are stupid or nasty sometimes.

Not gonna lie, when Mikey asked Wynn to hold him, I cried my fool head off.

If your a fool, I`m a fool right there with you. That just hit me right in the heart. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6

It was Wynn screaming 'Mikey!' over and over again while the fight was going on that got me. Despite all that had happened before that moment, Wynn still was so panicked and scared *for* Mikey that he was practically in tears.

When Mikey steps in front of Katherine's gun to shield Wynn, the absolute look of surprise on Wynn's face was perfect.

And I appreciated Mikey's turn because in the end he got it: the very thing he accused Wynn of -betrayal- he also would be guilty of if he let Katherine kill Wynn and he just *couldn't* do that to a man he swore to protect and felt was family. And Wynn got that too. Just a beautiful scene all around.

I honestly don't know how Ava, Boyd, and Raylan's stories are gonna end. Things are that seriously up for grabs. I'm just sad we only got 2 eps left.

• Love 10

Oh, Mikey!  This all could have been avoided if he didn't turn on Duffy.  He accidentally just signed his death warrant, as soon as he did that.  At least he saw the error of his ways, and went out protecting his buddy (or was it more?  It honestly is played that way.)  And I never, never would have predicted that Katherine would die at his hands.  Judging from that look on her face before it happened, I don't think she was believing it either.  But, Duffy lives!  Two episodes left, my man!  Keep it up, and you will be the world's toughest cockroach!

What is Avery going to do now?  I really doubt he is going to take Raylan's advice.  Is he going to blame Duffy and go after him?  Or is he going to just power through without her, and keep after Boyd and the money?  Either way, I kind of fear that Katherine's death is going to take Avery to another level.  It's not like he isn't creepy enough when he's normal...

Amongst the criminals, it's nice to remember that Vasquez can be just as big of a douchebag.  Of course, he thinks Raylan took the money.  I could probably poke quite a few holes in that theory, but I'm not going to try and convince him.  He always disliked Raylan (to be fair, can't blame him), so I'm sure his mind is set.

Didn't even think about Ava's escape blowing back on Rachel.  At least she still has a job, but Art now is back in charge.  I hope she redeems herself at least.

I really do think I'll miss Tim the most.  The snark will never not be epic.

This really has not been a good episode for henchmen.  Now, Carl is dead too.. at the hands of Boyd.  Yep, I don't see Boyd holding back now.  Ava and Zach better cook up another plan, because I don't want them crossing this Boyd.  This Boyd would obviously blow Zach's brains out, but he might even kill Ava.  Dude ain't fucking around.

I really hope Boone doesn't actually kill anyone.  With all his trash-talking, I'm all for him just getting capped unexpected.  I vote from Loretta!

So, Raylan's officially going off the reservation, huh?  Left his badge and everything.  Yeah, I'm sure this is going to end well for everyone...

• Love 5
(edited)

Great episode!  Things are coming to a head very impressively.  I'm going to miss this show.

Catherine's death/death match with Mikey was bizarre as hell but hilarious.  Didn't expect Catherine to go like that but never thought I'd see her presslammed like a wrestler either.  The criminals of Harlan were even dumber than normal tonight.

Had a feeling that Grubber guy would be dead.

Liked Raylan's confrontation with the corrupt guard.

Vasquez is an asshole but I can't say I blame him in regards to getting mad at Raylan.  Raylan letting Ava go was another example for Raylan's "I'll arrest you if I feel like it" policy and he doesn't give a shit if it causes consequences to the people around him like Rachael.  Like Art said, Raylan is a great lawman but a lousy marshal.  Raylan possibly ending up in jail is something I never considered though I do hope he'll be able to ride off into the sunset at the end.

Edited by benteen

Vasquez is an asshole but I can't say I blame him in regards to getting mad at Raylan.  Raylan letting Ava go was another example for Raylan's "I'll arrest you if I feel like it" policy and he doesn't give a shit if it causes consequences to the people around him like Rachael.  Like Art said, Raylan is a great lawman but a lousy marshal.  Raylan possibly ending up in jail is something I never considered though I do hope he'll be able to ride off into the sunset at the end.

Just speculation on my part, but I'm starting to think Vasquez set the whole thing up - not just to get Boyd as he claimed - but to get Raylan too.  That's why I think he's a little shit. He makes up his own ideas of the facts of the case. A real prosecutor shouldn't do that. But it might not be just him - it seems in every series the DA is a complete and utter shit.  Too bad Katherine didn't kill Vasquez back in the day and spare us. 

• Love 4

Just speculation on my part, but I'm starting to think Vasquez set the whole thing up - not just to get Boyd as he claimed - but to get Raylan too.  That's why I think he's a little shit. He makes up his own ideas of the facts of the case. A real prosecutor shouldn't do that. But it might not be just him - it seems in every series the DA is a complete and utter shit.  Too bad Katherine didn't kill Vasquez back in the day and spare us. 

That's an interesting idea.  Much as I like Raylan, it's not a surprise someone would want to take him down with the way he goes about things.

• Love 1

Great episode as has been sai so well above...HOWEVER, I have one big problem with it. Boyd would NOT have killed Karl or even set him up in the previous episode. The writers are having Boyd be out of character for the sake of setting up his death as well...Justified. At least in the sense that fans will believe he deserved it and be satisfied with Raylon or Ava killing him.

Throughout the series, Boyd never really killed anyone he didnt have to and he did not treat his henchman as totally expendable. Boyd has always had some real honor of sorts going on, never afraid to kill someone cold blooded (hi Dewie) but never taking actions akin to the way he just shot Karl dead after he'd set him up (which he would have done).

My $.02

Overall loved the episode tho!

• Love 4
(edited)

Just speculation on my part, but I'm starting to think Vasquez set the whole thing up - not just to get Boyd as he claimed - but to get Raylan too. That's why I think he's a little shit. He makes up his own ideas of the facts of the case. A real prosecutor shouldn't do that. But it might not be just him - it seems in every series the DA is a complete and utter shit. Too bad Katherine didn't kill Vasquez back in the day and spare us.

While Vasquez may not hold Raylan in the highest regard, Vasquez rarely sees the greater good as not aligned with his own self-interest. I think his regard for his own personal reputation wouldn't let him simultaneously be a principal part of the Ava CI deal and the plan to get Boyd on RICO charges, while hoping to ensnare Raylan in the process. In order for Raylan to be brought up on something by Vasquez, their entire plan would have to go pear-shaped and Vasquez would have to go into total CYA-mode in order not to take a reputational hit.

However, now that everything has blown up in Vasquez's face, I think he will aid the process of shit rolling downhill by grabbing a shovel and trying to bury Raylan with it.

Edited by 90 Day Pinochet
  • Love 1
(edited)

What did mike/Mickie/michele think the head bad guys would do to waynne Duffy? Tell him he was a bad boy and don't do it again and than go home!

There are two critical elements to what happens this week.  One is we are given insight into how Mikey feels concerning Wynn's treatment of him and that Wynn has never understood how deeply Mikey felt about the relationship.  Two is Katherine's speech.  That speech ends up wiping out Mikey's feelings about the code and makes him think of his partnership with Wynn.  At that point, Mikey recognizes that, as much as Wynn has taken him for granted, that Wynn means more to him than that code.  That there is another code, that of friendship, that actually does mean something of depth.  And as he hears Katherine's speech (a person who calls him Michael instead of the affectionate Mikey) he recognizes that it is Wynn who truly cares for him while people like Katherine are not the sort of the people who would give a rat's ass for him.   Katherine sealed her fate with that speech by making Mikey think about loyalty and partnership.  Mikey agreed with Katherine's commentary which ended up being fatal for both but lucky for Wynn. 

Edited by dohe
  • Love 5

How dumb is Ava? Now she's afraid Boyd's coming after her? Well, what'd she think was going to happen if she didn't kill him? If she intended to actually kill him she should have shot him in the face. That's why I assumed she wasn't trying to kill him because she aimed in the shoulder area, a place where he could easily survive.

At this point, I really don't care if Ava dies anymore. I used to like her and hope she lived, but now I'm just tired of her. I wish the show wasn't so obsessed with her this season. This episode did not suffer for having so little of her in it. That scene between Raylan and Boyd was great. I wish the show had forced them to team up at some point, even temporarily.

• Love 8
(edited)

Mikey sure had a long death, he was shot like 5 times and kept going. I felt so bad for him and Wynn during that fight.

Don't really blame Vasquez for thinking Raylan let Ava get away because he did let her get away, he could have shot her instead he let her go. Ava knew it to that Raylan was going to let her go and not shoot.  If it was someone else he would have taken a shot. So Raylan did let his personal feelings get in the way, yet again. Raylan should have taken the shot.

Now he's gone rogue after Ava and Boyd, this will not work out well for those 3.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Vasquez is getting judged a tad too harshly. Pretty much from the second he's been introduced he's been portrayed as on the up-and-up and how that can naturally conflict with Raylan's lawman-when-I feel-like-it-approach. Like he said, Vasquez first met Raylan when he screwed up the initial Boyd arrest by screwing Ava. 

I'm starting to slide over to the idea that Raylan comes out alive, but without a badge. Maybe that's what finally gets him out of Harlan. 

I really hope Loretta does finish off Boone. Just a bad feeling that's he's the person most likely to take out Raylan, a punk kid living out a power fantasy and kills a real gunslinger with a bullet to the back of the head. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 3

I get the feeling Boyd's going to have to die, because he's killing everyone now, but I seriously hope Ava dies too, because I could care less about her at this point.

• Love 2
(edited)

Great episode as has been sai so well above...HOWEVER, I have one big problem with it. Boyd would NOT have killed Karl or even set him up in the previous episode. The writers are having Boyd be out of character for the sake of setting up his death as well...Justified. At least in the sense that fans will believe he deserved it and be satisfied with Raylon or Ava killing him.

This is what Ava's struggled with all season & probably why she shot him & I'm fine with it, because he JUST SHOT CARL! As Wynne says, when it's a matter of survival, you go cockroach - at least, if you spend time with the likes of him & Boyd.

I'll always remember Carl smacking down Danny Crowe.

Is Boon directly ripping off Raylan's look?

Edited by Latecomer
  • Love 3
I'm extremely Aplexed by the death of Mikey.

Ha, A+!

Man, the body count is just going to keep going up as we get closer to the finale. Poor Mikey. He was loyal to the end in his own way.

Carl was no brain trust but getting shot by Boyd? COLD.

I hope Tim makes it out alive. I will miss his smartass remarks. Ha, Mordor!

I hope that Loretta kills Boone too. He is such a creepy nutjob

Art vs. Raylan vs. Boyd vs. Ava over the next two episodes is going to be crazy.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think old guy in cabin was meant to have been dead for a long time by the look of him and I don't think Boyd or Ava or Zachariah would have told Avery & co. about his existence.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1

Tim: I've been to Mordor, but not the mines.

Oh, funny -- I heard that as Moria, but I guess Tim's not old enough.

I really hope Loretta does finish off Boone. Just a bad feeling that's he's the person most likely to take out Raylan, a punk kid living out a power fantasy and kills a real gunslinger with a bullet to the back of the head. 

I like this idea -- Raylan's always been concerned for her, and it would be "justified" if she saved his life.

Is Boon directly ripping off Raylan's look?

Boon's never tried to hide the boner he has for Raylan.  He so wants to be him.

BTW, I saw Boon in an ancient L&O: Criminal Intent recently.  He was a dewey-cheeked college student.

Creeped me out.

Moria, Mordor -- The Lord of the Rings was written written in the 40's and The Hobbit in the 30's so Tim is plenty old enough.  Given that he likes to read fantasy, I'm sure he's read the books and seen the movies.

I don't agree that Boyd was out of character shooting Carl.  In the first episode of the series he shot a guy that he only suspected was an informant while they were driving over that bridge. (he wasn't)  He's always been pretty expediant in he's killing. 

I loved Raylan's conversation with the crooked cops and his almost dissmisal of Boon.  After Boon popped up outside Loretta's car, I'm really looking forward to him getting shot. 

I don't feel bad for Ava in the least although I also wish that they weren't devoting so much time to her this season.  She's never been one of my favorite characters. 

Its going to be interesting the next couple episodes to say the least.

• Love 2

"I'm picturing what you'd look like without any teeth". Classic Raylan.

I never realized how much I wanted Wynn to live until he was facing Katherine's gun. RIP Mikey. I never thought Katherine would live through this series, but I did not think Mikey would end her.

Boon must go. Hate him more each week.

• Love 3
Boyd would NOT have killed Karl or even set him up in the previous episode.

I don't think I agree with you, all due respect. Boyd's had a different set of henchmen every season, mostly (although not exclusively) because he keeps killing them. Boyd has never shown any Mikey-type loyalty to his minions. And I say that as a person who enjoys him in all his Boyd-ness.

The Wynn-ebago fight scene was all kinds of fun. And in the words of the great Tara Ariano, God love that cockroach.

I love Art when he gets all stern. It's kind of sexy.

I also love how Raylan and Tim have been consistently assholes to each other all season long. I know they respect each other, but I love that the show lets them annoy each other, just like real-life coworkers.

I don't think a corpse dead as long as Grubes seemed to be would still have (what looked like) eyeballs. I'm willing to be educated on the matter, though, if somebody here knows about mountain-top-cabin decomp, or if I'm misinterpreting what we saw.

• Love 5
(edited)

Wow. What a great episode. The scene between Raylan and the dirty cop, just a stunning piece of dialogue. I've not been a Raylan fan this season, but he was just so damned good, here.

The Wynn-a-bago death ballet was amazing-- I can only imagine what the ballistic experts reaction when they go to investigate the crime scene.

I think I must've rewound Boyd's "hat trick' a bunch of times. I loved him kicking open the door, too. I love that man.

Not a lot of Ava this episode, either, which was all right by me.

What a strong final season this is.  Two more episodes, and I'm still debating in my head who will make it out of Harlan alive.

Edited by Febgirl
  • Love 3

Tim: I've been to Mordor, but not the mines.

And this is why Tim is not allowed to die.

I was getting choked up during Mikey's death scene with Wynn. Damn.

Oh, me too.  I didn't think Mikey would ever die and figured he and Wynn would ride off into the sunset together.  That was one of the sadder deaths on the show for me.

Wow. Could someone PLEASE kill Vasquez?  I really hate that little shit. And that creepy freak Boon too. 

Amen.  "Little shit" is the perfect description for him.  I get that he has a job to do and that Raylan is exceedingly frustrating to deal with but just the fact that he's so sure Raylan helped Ava steal the money (and that he slept with her again) pisses me off to no end.  Unlike the last time when he had photographs, he has no proof that Raylan did anything this time and is just assuming Raylan is a dirty cop instead of just an idiot when it comes to women.

Did the dead guy in the cabin (Groobes?  Grooves?) die of natural causes, or was he taken down earlier in the season by one of Avery's goons?

Either way, that was one of the grossest things I've seen on this show.  I can handle the people blowing up all over the place but that dude was nasty.

I don't think I agree with you, all due respect. Boyd's had a different set of henchmen every season, mostly (although not exclusively) because he keeps killing them. Boyd has never shown any Mikey-type loyalty to his minions. And I say that as a person who enjoys him in all his Boyd-ness.

I agree--him killing Karl seemed like a very Boyd thing to do.  In the pilot he killed the guy on the bridge, he let his skin-head henchmen get caught in a shoot-out with the marshals, when he was a preacher he let one of his "flock" take the fall for blowing up the meth lab and killing a CI, he shot Devil (letting Arlo take the fall) and Dewey and Johnny (I think?), and set Karl and Earl up to get caught.  I think Jimmy and Colt were probably the only henchman Boyd really liked enough not to kill.  Karl put a gun to his head and would have killed him so Boyd did what Boyd does and talked him out of it and then made him pay.  

That being said, Boyd is really pissing me off this season (like others have said) and I'm ready for him to die.  And Ava.  Even Raylan's being enough of an asshole for me not to care too much about him anymore.  

• Love 3

Amen.  "Little shit" is the perfect description for him.  I get that he has a job to do and that Raylan is exceedingly frustrating to deal with but just the fact that he's so sure Raylan helped Ava steal the money (and that he slept with her again) pisses me off to no end.  Unlike the last time when he had photographs, he has no proof that Raylan did anything this time and is just assuming Raylan is a dirty cop instead of just an idiot when it comes to women.

The lack of proof doesn't disprove the fact Vasquez was mostly right though. Raylan has crossed the line with Ava since she became the CI. Raylan did let her get away, without trying to stop her. The only think Vasquez is wrong about is the money part.

• Love 2

One by one, they're all going down.  Of course, it has to be a given that Wynn Duffy will somehow survive to slither again.  But we're getting down to Boyd, Ava and Raylan coming after them.  Thank goodness that Art has risen from the recuperation ashes to take control.  He's the only one who can understand and even attempt to handle Raylan.  But now Raylan has gone off the reservation without his badge.  I can only hope that somehow in the approximately last two hours left that Loretta finds a way to kill that creepazoid Boon and maybe Markham too.  That would be a bonus!  For his own peace of mind, Raylan needs to get Boyd in a way that lets Ava somehow get away and then he can move back to Florida to be with Wynona and Willow.  That's what the end of Justified looks like in my world.  I just have to wait and see now.  

• Love 1
(edited)

That was such a memorable episode I hardly know where to start...

First, I suppose, I have to give this show kudos for making me tear up over a character I didn't even know I liked. RIP Mikey. That scene w/Duffy and Catherine was heartwrenching.

Oh Boyd, you sweet talking devil, you. We've now been reminded that even though a lot of us "like" Boyd, he's a very bad man, and now he has nothing even remotely important in his life but that money. Look out, world.

The "showdown at the OK pizza parlor" scene w/black hat Boon vs white hat Raylan made me long for the westerns of my childhood.

Also I really, really enjoyed Raylan calling out the dirty cop. He was very eloquent, especially for Raylan. Boyd would be proud. Also, how cute was Raylan being excited about going up in the helicopter?

I've had my quibbles w/Ava (prison arc, anyone?) but I felt her desperation when they found that the guy who might get them out was long dead.

I really, really , really, really...you get the idea...want Vasquez to be on the take, so that I can watch him get taken down appropriately. Yes, he may have a few minor points, but they are far outweighed by my white hot dislike of his slimy ass.

Art is pissed (and yeah, that's kinda sexy). Raylan is right, though. He hardly has a choice at this point. For the first time, I'm beginning to wonder if Raylan is going to make it out of Harlan alive.

*bites nails*

I do not want this show to end.

PS - the episode was full of great quotes - will have to do a rewatch to appreciate them properly

Edited by Voice of Joy
  • Love 11

The lack of proof doesn't disprove the fact Vasquez was mostly right though. Raylan has crossed the line with Ava since she became the CI. Raylan did let her get away, without trying to stop her. The only think Vasquez is wrong about is the money part.

He wasn't right at all. Raylan is not sleeping with Ava and hasn't since the first season. Nor did he let her go because he wanted any part of her money. He knew she and been backed into a corner - basically by that little shit Vasquez and his impossible demands for her as a CI and she flipped out. She felt trapped - as if she had nowhere to go. And hell, Raylan knows she's shot two men now - three if you count Delray. She could have shot and killed him. Or run him over. 

Vasquez came on with the mission to destroy Raylan. He was making up crap back then. He always will be a little shit to me and I don't agree with what Raylan does a lot of the time. 

• Love 1

What surprised me the most, is that Avery actually coughed up ten million--or so it appears. Thought for sure that those two duffle bags were full of newspaper clippings with just a layer or two of money on top.

And as for Boon's demise, I want him to drink some of Loretta's Apple Pie. Little man doesn't deserve to go out in  a gun fight  Western  style

• Love 7

Vasquez came on with the mission to destroy Raylan. He was making up crap back then. He always will be a little shit to me and I don't agree with what Raylan does a lot of the time. 

Agreed!   He's a Total Napoleonic little shit, and I don't agree with Raylan most of the time either.  

• Love 3

He wasn't right at all. Raylan is not sleeping with Ava and hasn't since the first season. Nor did he let her go because he wanted any part of her money.

The second Raylan was making out with Ava the CI in her kitchen then sitting around waiting for Boyd, Raylan threw the case out the window. It was season 1 all over again, even if they slept together after that kiss or not before Boyd came back he crossed the line and his testimony was worthless and compromised, again. He didn't want the money, but he did let his personal judgement get involved and he did let her go.

Vasquez was right in a sense, just not with all the facts. Art and Rachel are pissed and taking the blame again for Raylan's actions too.

• Love 3

For a moment, I though Boyd was going to talk Raylan into teaming up with him.  Boyd is a bad man, but Walton Goggins kicking open that door was hot.

Wynn and Mikey were alternately hilarious, and heartbreaking.

Tim snark is always a good thing.

So is this going to end with a shoot out in the mountains?

• Love 1