Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

I don't generally read spoilers for this or the mother show, but sometimes I can't help but hear of major things coming up.  I've heard that

Spoiler

both Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan are leaving TWD

(spoiler tagged just in case we're not supposed to talk about that here), so is Morgan's band making its way East to bolster the remaining cast?  Are the shows going to be combined eventually?

Edited by Haleth
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

(spoiler tagged just in case we're not supposed to talk about that here), so is Morgan's band making its way East to bolster the remaining cast?  Are the shows going to be combined eventually?

Not likely for reasons that I won't post here, but you can check the spoiler thread on TWD.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

article starts out with "There was a sickening feeling about Sunday’s season finale of Fear the Walking Dead, and it came from a bunch of stupid, inane, plot points. Likely introduced by Simple Gimple he is now screwing up two shows".

Well, I may have taken some liberty with the last few words of that statement.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

Likely introduced by Simple Gimple he is now screwing up two shows".

I was afraid that was gonna happen. Why can't we get that annoying man OUT of The Walking Dead universe ?!!?!?!??!

You watch him speaking on Talking Dead and he just thinks he's so good.

• Love 1

There’s gossip about the ‘D S’ on one of Al’s tapes being Mr Grumpy Cat himself, that would be cool, let’s have him back as a villain this time!

Who is Mr. Grumpy Cat, please?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Janimo said:

Who is Mr. Grumpy Cat, please?

Daniel Salazar, we last saw him on the Dam as it was blown sky high by Nick, shortly after being  shot in the jaw by Strand. If he could survive that wound and the dam collapse, he would be a worthy and most welcome  member of next seasons cast.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5
On 2-10-2018 at 1:27 PM, OoohMaggie said:

There’s gossip about the ‘D S’ on one of Al’s tapes being Mr Grumpy Cat himself, that would be cool, let’s have him back as a villain this time!

It would be nice to have him back, but if he's unavailable they could also use it for Diana with the pickaxe. I liked that character and it could be easily explained by a group of the proctor gang that stayed behind at the trading post took her with them to Texas after their leader died at the dam.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I like it!  All they need to do to make me really happy is bring Madison back (something I never thought I'd say when I started watching this).

Lol, I hated her to start, then loved the bad ass version, but went back to hate when she was taking crap from The Vultures, as for her lame assed ‘death’ I can’t find the words, bring back the Madison I loved!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

Her death really was lame, no way would that have happened to her.

And yet the writers are happy to think we’d just accept it as it was shown, c’mon guys get real, we really aren’t a bunch of complete idiots. Bring back ‘the bitch’ in all her glory.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

So crazy-ass Troy has been wandering around the Southwest since the dam explosion with a hammer wound to the head?  Sure, why not.  I actually rather enjoyed his shenanigans with Junkie Nick and they weirdly made each other more tolerable.  I don't know who among our new group he'd be as fun to bounce off of or what he'd even want with any of them.  The only ones of the current group he even knows are maybe Alicia and Luciana.

The hardass that Daniel is, he'd take one look at these people and keep walking.

• Love 2
On 05/12/2018 at 10:51 PM, Gobi said:

Wait, they're bringing back Troy and not the two Native Americans!? (Sorry, I forgot their names.)

Lee ‘CrazyDog’ and Qaletaqa Walker,  Troy was interesting though, as was Daniel so I look forward to seeing them again.  They were great characters but how much of a stretch would it be for Lee and Taqa to find the group again? I suppose not much more than Troy Surviving both the hammer and dam collapse. I just hope the next band of rogues have a little bit more to them than The Proctors.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Austin Amelio (Dwight) crosses over from TWD to Fear

Dwight was last seen on The Walking Dead in its Season Eight finale when Daryl Dixon exiled him from Alexandria and told him never to return. It appears Dwight is doing just that, allowing Amelio to head to his home state of Texas for production on the sibling series which is set years prior to The Walking Dead's current Whisperer story in Season Nine.

Speaking to members of the press at San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, the Dead universe's chief content officer Scott Gimple was quick to not rule out any possible crossovers in the future despite The Walking Dead seeing a massive time jump. “It does not [rule out more crossovers],” Gimple said. “That’s about all I got to say. It does not but I wouldn’t expect it all the time. Things could happen. You never know who might pop up on Fear the Walking Dead. That includes The Walking Dead and potentially people in the past from Fear the Walking Dead.”

• Love 1
On 11/01/2019 at 9:08 PM, ByTor said:

I am!!!

That’s good to hear, I hope they’re going to make something decent out of the Dwight crossover, that it isn’t just a cheap trick clutching at straws trying to raise the viewing figures, again.  They’ve still yet to redeem the pathetic ending given to Madison, let’s see what they come up with and which type of villain we get next, it may even be D himself.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

let’s see what they come up with and which type of villain we get next, it may even be D himself.

Nooooo...I want a redeemed Dwight!!! :)

I think the idea of coming back from having done some shitty things is what I like about FTWD.  I can't imagine another universe where I'd end up actually liking a character like Charlie, yet I did.  I hope this happens for Dwight...shitty person did some shitty things who is turning himself around without forgetting what he became.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was lukewarm on the next season, but I am SOOOO excited to see Dwight!  

I’m intrigued as to what the show’s next choice of villain will be. After the sleep inducing Proctors, the bizarre Vultures and crazy bag lady, what will they come up with now?                    The gang seem set on continuing the good deeds of Clayton, so will it be someone just wanting all of their ‘stuff’, or something a little stranger?                                                                   It may all depend upon whether a good Dwight, or a bad Dwight hits town, so I’m quite eager to see where the show is heading, a touch of the unknown gives a nice start to the season.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

Oh that looks pretty good!  I'm looking forward to it.    Hope we get lots of Daniel/Strand scenes.  Have no idea what they'll do with Dwight but I'm intrigued.

• Love 2

Thanks for that @OoohMaggie!  I know this show isn't perfect, and I hated Strand in the beginning, and I hated Alicia when she was in her badass phase after Madison died, but now I can honestly say this is one of the few shows where I like every character...yes, even Charlie.  I love that Daniel is back & can't wait to see what happens with Dwight.  With any luck, he finds his Sherry 🙂

• Love 1

Kitty of the apocalypse!  For as much as I may not get obsessing over the fates of horses, dogs, etc., elsewhere, I like to think in a ZA situation my cats would be watching the stupidity unfold and still be doing the cat equivalent of just being over it.

Even with some of the goofiness, I like that I genuinely like most of these characters.  That goes a long way.  Throw in that they're still trying rather than engage in endless pointless battles and dick measuring, and I'll give them a fair bit of leeway.  And I could watch Strand trying to bullshit Daniel and Daniel just not having it all day long.  After his time with the Negan School of Assholery and Nihilism, I can't wait to see what Dwight makes of this bunch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Kitty of the apocalypse!  For as much as I may not get obsessing over the fates of horses, dogs, etc., elsewhere, I like to think in a ZA situation my cats would be watching the stupidity unfold and still be doing the cat equivalent of just being over it.

Even with some of the goofiness, I like that I genuinely like most of these characters.  That goes a long way.  Throw in that they're still trying rather than engage in endless pointless battles and dick measuring, and I'll give them a fair bit of leeway.  And I could watch Strand trying to bullshit Daniel and Daniel just not having it all day long.  After his time with Negan School of Assholery and Nilhilism, I can't wait to see what Dwight makes of this bunch.

Omg, #ifthecatdiesweriot

• Love 2
On 4/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, ByTor said:

and I hated Strand in the beginning

Oooh, I was always a Strand fan, Alicia not so much, if at all, ever.

Strand and Daniel are a joy to behold, although Daniel better not annoy Strand’s buddie, Quick Draw McGraw, or he’ll be getting a wound he WONT recover from!

Lets see which Dwight we get, and what has happened to him on the way down.

• Love 2
(edited)

From ComicBook,

Fear the Walking Dead executive producer Scott Gimple and showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg note the upcoming fifth season of the spinoff is set sometime during the 18-month time skip that separated The Walking Dead episodes 816 and 901, placing it years behind present action.

“Morgan left Virginia about... a couple months after the events of episode 816,” a cautious Gimple said at WonderCon. “On Fear the Walking Dead, maybe a few more months have transpired. And Dwight also left in 816, took the long way, so if you count a few more months at the beginning of this season... I put it to Andrew and Ian.”

“We’ve got a calendar in our office with the exact date and year,” said Chambliss. Added Goldberg with a laugh, “Down to the minute.”

Gimple added Fear “is now significantly behind the time of Walking Dead. Walking Dead did jump [six years].”

Season Nine of the flagship series underwent that six-year time skip following the disappearance of Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), creating a separation of more than 90 months between its Season Eight finale and its recent Season Nine closer.

Viewers were tipped off the new season remains in the past when the first Fear Season Five trailer, released Sunday at WonderCon, showed 12-year-old Charlie (Alexa Nisenson) had aged little since June’s Season Four finale.

Is that all perfectly clear now? 🤕

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/04/04/fear-the-walking-dead-when-season-5-takes-place-walking-dead-producer-showrunners-reveal/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2019 at 6:44 PM, Jennv said:

Omg, #ifthecatdiesweriot

Right? My main thought coming out of that trailer is "Are you putting a kitty in danger? Are you SERIOUSLY putting a little orange tabby in danger? Because if you kill that cat I will not take a backward glance as I leave."

• Love 2
On 4/11/2019 at 6:43 PM, maystone said:

Right? My main thought coming out of that trailer is "Are you putting a kitty in danger? Are you SERIOUSLY putting a little orange tabby in danger? Because if you kill that cat I will not take a backward glance as I leave."

YES. That was literally the only thing that stressed me out while watching the trailer. Damn it. Plus, it's completely adorable. 

(Season looks promising too - I love Dwight, I can't help it. I find him interesting.)

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

Okay, I only searched for Dwight words here because I usually avoid spoilers like the plague.  But...

So excited to see Dwight on the preview!  He was one of my favorites on TWD.  As far as a villain, he didn't even compare to Negan, who is now being redeemed after bludgeoning people's heads and throwing his doctor into an oven.  Dwight had depth at least.  I only started watching Fear when Morgan crossed over.  Besides him, I really only like Maggie Grace and the guy who plays John.  But THIS will keep me watching.  Looking forward to it.  Gimple, don't blow it.

• Love 2

I'm excited for the new season. Very interested in the potential radio active walker that "changes everything". 

Season 4B was a real let down but the new season is looking good.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but while I'm excited for the start of season 5, I am not looking forward to the return of Daniel.  There goes me liking every character on the show 😞

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but while I'm excited for the start of season 5, I am not looking forward to the return of Daniel.  There goes me liking every character on the show 😞

I'm wondering if it's going to be kind of a limited sort of thing because I really can't imagine him fitting well into the group we have now, which is mostly made up of well meaning enough people who want to try to help other people and make the ZA less shitty for everyone.  That isn't Daniel.  Maybe they run into him somewhere so he and Strand can snipe at each other some more for a bit?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, nodorothyparker said:

I really can't imagine him fitting well into the group we have now, which is mostly made up of well meaning enough people who want to try to help other people and make the ZA less shitty for everyone.  That isn't Daniel.

Precisely, which is why I'm not looking forward to his return.  Unless he's getting a big redemption arc?

50 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm wondering if it's going to be kind a limited sort of thing because I really can't imagine him fitting well into the group we have now, which is mostly made up of well meaning enough people who want to try to help other people and make the ZA less shitty for everyone

I would have thought the same, this is from ComicBook, maybe the change will allow him to fit in with the group and it’s objectives.

“Salazar, too, will be a “changed man” when he returns — but to say how he’s changed, Goldberg teased at WonderCon in April, would be a spoiler.”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/05/10/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-daniel-salazar-return-dark-struggle-showrunners/

That article briefly mentions a "chance encounter with old frenemy Victor Strand."  Well yeah, who's even left of the old crew Daniel would even know?  Strand and Alicia.  The rest of these people are going to be all "you used to be a what now?"

I had completely forgotten the last time they saw each other Strand shot him in the face before the dam blew up in the season 3 cliffhanger.  I don't know why that's so funny to me but it is.