Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

My DVR caught a 5 minute preview today - not preview of the first ep, but some scenes and producer/actor blurbs.  I'm excited!  I like the idea of an urban setting, and we're all so used to seeing the dead totter around, it will be fun to see fresh dead, when the not-dead think the dead walking are still living but sick.  There's the scene of the people filming the police repeatedly shooting someone that we know is dead but in the show universe they don't know what's going on.  I'm anxious to see the fall of civilization.  Let's do it!  Did anyone else catch this?

HalcyonDays, I know previews aren't generally spoilers, but thought we're being careful here.  If this should be in the unspoiled thread, I'll bring it there.

• Love 2
HalcyonDays, I know previews aren't generally spoilers, but thought we're being careful here.  If this should be in the unspoiled thread, I'll bring it there.

No worries raven - thank you (and all) for being careful! Some people are so allergic to spoilers that they won't even watch previews, so this thread is perfect to discuss the preview you saw! Sounds awesome!

• Love 1

No worries raven - thank you (and all) for being careful! Some people are so allergic to spoilers that they won't even watch previews, so this thread is perfect to discuss the preview you saw! Sounds awesome!

Must agree that I am very interested to see how this show handles the 'Day 0', or the "fall of civilization", approach.  When TWD started, we just had to accept that was just how things are now for the surviving people, but with FtWD, we can get a better look at why things are the way they were when TWD began.

When it comes to a show's series premiere, I'm all for trailers and previews to get interested;  ie, 'get me hooked'.  (That said, I finally got my first look at any sort of preview or ad for FtWD real early this morning - interestingly enough, between commercial breaks while watching an NFL preseason game replay on the NFL Network).  However, I do generally (now) avoid most previews/trailers while watching a show, that's been airing (even the "next week" previews after a just aired new episode, if can) - along with the spoiler section(s) on forums like this.  I used to live on spoilers, but found watching a show mostly unspoiled was much more satisfying and fun to be surprised that something happens that wasn't expecting.  YMMV

• Love 1

Episode 1.02 - So Close, Yet So Far

Madison tries to keep Nick from withdrawal; Travis sets out to locate his son before Los Angeles falls.

Episode 1.03 - The Dog

After they escape a riot, Travis, Liza and Chris seek refuge with the Salazars; Madison defends her home.

Episode 1.04 - Not Fade Away

Madison and Travis see different sides of the National Guard's occupation in their neighborhood; the family tries to adapt to the new world.

Episode 1.05 - Cobalt

The National Guard's plan for the neighborhood is revealed; Travis and Madison make a difficult decision.

Episode 1.06 - The Good Man

As civil unrest grows, and the dead take over, Travis and Madison try to devise ways to protect their families.

Fear The Walking Dead - Episode 1.02 - 1.06 - Titles Revealed + Synopsis

Posted by DarkUFO at Monday, August 24, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/fear-walking-dead-episode-102-106.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

OK, Madison, Lesson #1 of the Zombie Apocalypse: Don't keep shouting someone's name when that person seems not to *ahem* be his/herself. Beat feet in the opposite direction and shut the hell up.

I'm so psyched that she had the good sense to hook up with Tobias, who seemed to be way ahead of the curve compared to everyone else we've been introduced to. (Nick being the exception.) I just hope the poor kid doesn't pay for her bad judgment in this case.

• Love 1

I'm so psyched that she had the good sense to hook up with Tobias, who seemed to be way ahead of the curve compared to everyone else we've been introduced to. (Nick being the exception.) I just hope the poor kid doesn't pay for her bad judgment in this case.

I am so happy that Lincoln A. Castellanos has at least one more episode. I fear his death though.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch the preview for the next 5 episodes which played at the end of pilot? In one scene it shows Nick being attacked, then on the couch with what appears to be a bite on his leg. I hope he hasn't been zombie bitten as he's my favorite character.

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but here's a sneak peek from Episode 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hdK9UW8Qc

Guess things escalate quicker than I thought they would.

Yay, glad the action appears to be picking up! But, uh, are those paint cans Madison and Tobias are transporting? Which seems rather pointless. 

And Madison has a lot to learn from her son. When a former-friend-turned-walker approaches you...run the other way!

Did anyone catch the preview for the next 5 episodes which played at the end of pilot? In one scene it shows Nick being attacked, then on the couch with what appears to be a bite on his leg. I hope he hasn't been zombie bitten as he's my favorite character.

Yeah, I noticed Nick's bloody ankle/foot. If it is a walker bite, I don't think the show would give that away in the preview. So, I'm hoping he hurt himself while detoxing; maybe in trying to run away from his mother he steps on something to cause the puncture wound. Like you, I like Nick and hope he survives a while longer.

• Love 1

Yay, glad the action appears to be picking up! But, uh, are those paint cans Madison and Tobias are transporting? Which seems rather pointless. 

I took it that Madison and Tobias were raiding the school cafeteria and those were institutional sized cans of food.

It's nice to see that household projects and home beautification won't be among the first casualities of the Zombie Apocalypse.

• Love 2

Sure that's not road rash?  He did get nailed by a car five minutes into the pilot, and he's been limping badly ever since he left the hospital.

Hmm, interesting...

AMC may not be planning to cross-over The Walking Dead with its freshman companion series during their ongoing series, but a new half-hour special will do just that.

The cabler has ordered a half-hour special set to feature an outbreak on an airline. The stand-alone effort will unspool online in chapters that will air later during The Walking Dead, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

As first reported by EW, the web series will take place during the time period of Fear the Walking Dead — at the origins of the outbreak — and feature an outbreak on a passenger craft in flight before civilization has fallen. One character who survives the flight from hell will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead's previously announced 15-episode second season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-outbreak-plane-818333

• Love 1

They are trying very hard to make that seem like a crossover.  Airing during the commercial isn't a crossover.  I wonder if they will have a family member of someone from Walking Dead fly to LA at the origin of the apocalypse and each show will have a character reminiscing about long lost whoever.  That kind of stuff will annoy the crap out of me.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Clarks and the Manawas are going to be separated for most of the first season. At least that's how many of the preview clips and teasers are making it seem. At one point there's Madison pointing a shotgun and shouting something like "Travis, get down!" Other than that, it's Travis and his ex-wife and son with Ruben Blades and his family in the same shots, and Madison with her kids (and that one student who was wise to the ZA) in the other shots. I think they get separated starting next episode - each trying to corral their own kids and bring everyone together - and probably aren't able to reunite for a while due to the rapidly rising chaos around them. Of course my take on this could be completely off the wall, but I think it would make for some tense and panicky situations.

• Love 2

AMC may not be planning to cross-over The Walking Dead with its freshman companion series during their ongoing series, but a new half-hour special will do just that.

This reminds me of a spoiler I read (I think it was on Spoil the Dead) a few months ago that said we would see a character from TWD appear on FtWD. The speculation was maybe it would be Jenner on TV or maybe working in a CDC facility in LA, but it seems like the time for that to happen has passed. Now I wonder if they scrapped that crossover idea all together. And it definitely was not this half-hour special about the airplane passenger. I was kind of looking forward to seeing a minor character from the mothership show up on FtWD and then speculating how they would get from LA to Georgia.

Edited by bunnyblue

This is regarding the WHO memorandum that was shown in the Pilot story sync: http://images.sync.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/FTWD-101-WHO-v3_UPDATED2-09gu3-e4908.pdf  I'm putting it here in case it's considered a spoiler because it appeared outside of the actual TV episode.

The new protocols are (briefly):

1. Ignore DNR orders and maintain life for as long as possible.

2. If patient cannot be resuscitated w/in 60 seconds, get them to a morgue. If a morgue is too far away, remove them from the presence of family and restrain by any means necessary.

3. "In the event that the deceased resumes signs of life … the reanimated remains are to be regarded as biological hazard."

Guys, nowhere are they talking about destroying the "reanimated remains." I think we're looking at an urban version of Herschel's barn or the DON'T OPEN DEAD INSIDE room that Rick found in the hospital when he woke up.  Both doctors and nurses are sworn to do no harm, so I imagine that some of them would be really hesitant to start putting a scalpel through the eyeball of a newly reanimated patient. At least in the early stages of the ZA. By the time that they realized their mistake, they'd have a whack of fairly agile walkers on their hands. Now multiply that by the number of hospitals and walk-in clinics in LA, and I think we're seeing one piece of information about how this got out of control so quickly.

Edited by maystone
  • Love 5

with 2 episodes to go in this extremely disappointing spinoff, I think it's time to speculate here things are headed. Camp Barrio is on borrowed time and it's inevitable that it is over run and our merry band will take their dysfunctional show on the road. They are all about the nuclear family and their trials and tribulations, so I think the Clark's (Maddie, Nick & Alicia) and the Manawa's (Travis, Chris and Liza) are all safe. Put a fork in Griselda, she's done, but I think Daniel and Ofelia are safe. For some reason I think Dr X will stick around, and given all the buzz and love that Tobias has generated I think they'll find a way to bring him back. 

But the above group is lacking in Alpha male types (CDB had Rick, Shane, Daryl, Glenn and T-Dog when they hit the road); Travis is a pussy, Nick may grow into a useful character but for the time being he is a burden, and while Daniel is an alpha, he's a bit old to assume the role. Chris is his father's son. So I think the person who survives the airplane in the webisodes and joins the group will be an alpha. Ophelia could also lure Cpl Hormones into the group to up the testosterone level, but he'd be walking zombie chow, easily killed off for dramatic effect. Not that they necessarily need such a heavy male influence, I see Maddie evolving into a BAZSB (Bad Assed Zombie Slaying Bitch) and the same with Liza. Once Alicia gets her head out of her ass, she could become akin to a Maggie type character. And there is surely a bit of her father in Ofelia, so I can see her becoming a BAZSB.

So starting S2 I see the group as consisting of:

Maddie

Nick

Alicia

Travis

Chris

Liza

Daniel

Ofelia

Dr X

Tobias

Airplane Dude

Edited by Bongo Fury
  • Love 1

I'm speculating that I won't be back for next season.  And since the military has managed to somehow subdue/kill/whatever 9 million people in LA I think they could just bring in Rambo to get rid of the rest.  Or the cast of The Expendables.

• Love 4

Maybe airplane dude is Sawyer from Lost. Can't you hear him, thinking he's finally made it off the island only to find himself surrounded by zombies: "Well, son-of-a-bitch!"

He will spend the rest of his days paying in karma for tree frog incident!

I like this idea of multiple film and television crossovers. I nominate Dory from Finding Nemo so she can lead them to P. Sherman Wallaby Way, Sydney, instead of the fucking desert.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

He will spend the rest of his days paying in karma for tree frog incident!

I like this idea of multiple film and television crossovers. I nominate Dory from Finding Nemo so she can lead them to P. Sherman Wallaby Way, Sydney, instead of the fucking desert.

Excellent idea, which I had thought of this.  And, hey, they could battle free floating zombies (flombies?) along the way.  

Well I see this thing playing out like this. The Army has not seen any major movement from LA in about 4 days. So they go in thinking they will just pick off the walking dead. However after they enter the city and start making lots of noise. The dead who have been mostly dormant, because most of the other people were either eaten or in hiding waiting for help, began to emerge from everywhere. Most of the soldiers are cut off and try to fight their way out. Those not cut off, head out of town blowing and shooting stuff up as they go. Which causes the walking dead to follow them.

An African American solider, hopefully an educated officer, approaches the safe zone where he tells Travis it is like the million man march out there. Except they are all dead. They all scramble up to the roof, where they see the shambling horde approaching. Travis remarks it is more like the The Visigoths storming the gates of Rome.

Alicia then climbs onto  the roof wearing a sports bra and yoga pants. Which prompts the African American soldier  to say. “What's up baby girl, you to damn fine to get eaten, let's take a road trip to the next safe zone.” With that statement true love is born on the scale of Meredith and Derek, Glenn and Maggie, Fitz and Olivia.

Of course this is the Walking Dead universe, and we all know how road trips go in the Walking Dead universe. Attrition that only Freddy Krueger could enjoy.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 1

Hmm, interesting...

The cabler has ordered a half-hour special set to feature an outbreak on an airline. The stand-alone effort will unspool online in chapters that will air later during The Walking Dead, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

As first reported by EW, the web series will take place during the time period of Fear the Walking Dead — at the origins of the outbreak — and feature an outbreak on a passenger craft in flight before civilization has fallen. One character who survives the flight from hell will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead's previously announced 15-episode second season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-outbreak-plane-818333

Hello survivor from that drunken airplane seen in The Dog (or was it So Close, Yet So Far?).

I predict the salesman dude (Stand?) in the cage with Nick was on the plane and will be featured in the webisodes and will be the character joining the main cast.

Seems like a pretty safe bet.

I'm predicting Chris will be the first of the family to die. 

Hopefully this is the spot for this. Spoiler or speculation TBD, I guess. I read today on Twitter that S2 is not returning for Vancouver location filming because they are going to sea and will be shooting in LA and Mexico. It would certainly explain the wide shot of the ocean in the finale. And since Strand has a boat...

*dusts off the spoilers thread*

The lack of interest in spoilers for this show speaks volumes, not to mention that killing off a central cast member (Travis) in the S3 opener resulted in a collective yawn and zero media buzz.  I honestly can't imagine how the producers expect to keep this show limping along for another 30 episodes (14 more in S3 + 16 in S4).

But, here's the spoiler part of the discussion.  Since it's already been spoilered that Ruben Blades as Daniel Salazar is returning to the show sometime during S3, this would be my hopeful speculation:  The only way this show could be salvaged would be to make Strand (Colman Domingo) and Daniel the new co-leads of the show, while killing off Madison for certain, and possibly Nick as well.   Colman and Ruben are the two best, most experienced actors the show has in its stable.  They are also the two most likable characters if reading fan forums is any indicator. 

So, let's have Strand's story, which we finlly returned to in the S3 opener, continue and expand on into 3B.  Let's have him meet up with Daniel somehow and somewhere soon. Let 3B be devoted to Strand and Daniel team-building, and have the result be that somewhere along the line Madison ends up dead dead dead.  (Madison's death would result in a huge audience celebration loud enough the neighbors might call the cops.)

Then S4 can be a hard reboot of the show with this "new" main cast. Personally, I'd put a Team Strand/Daniel up against Team Rick any day of the week, whereas Team Clark Family is insufferably stupid and almost entirely unlikable, with the possible exception of Alicia.  If the show does this, I predict it could have a run beyond its current 4th season renewal.  If they don't do this, I predict S4 gets an early cancellation notice as S3 ratings nosedive in spectacular fashion.

• Love 4
(edited)

In case anyone's interested, here are detailed spoilers for episode 3 "Teotwawki" from Fear The Spoiling Dead facebook page:

Q&A - FearTWD - 303 "Teotwawki"

1. How does the episode begin? The opening is very strange, and it's easy for you to think WTF? It begins with a video made decades ago (Troy and Jake are young boys) by Jeremiah Otto promoting his set of survivalist videos titled "Teotwawki" (also the title of the episode), for those who want to prepare for the end of the world. Young Jeremiah, his 2 sons, as well as his late wife are in the video.

2. How is Luciana? Still unconscious? No, she's conscious now and recovering but is insistent that they leave once she is well enough to travel. She is visibly upset at the end of the episode when Madison tells her that they have decided to stay at the ranch.

3. How is the life at the ranch with the Otto’s? At first, not good. Madison returns to her cabin and finds that Troy has broken in and has made himself at home on her bed (creepy!). Troy and Nick are butting heads. And, the young people of the community keep pressuring Alicia to join their Bible group. But, no worries. All is well by the end of the episode, and like I said, Madison makes the decision to stay.

4. Is there a conflict between the Clarks and the Ottos? Definitely between Troy and Nick. Troy threatens Nick, and when he invites Nick to go on a hunting party for a wild boar that keeps trashing their crops, you feel certain Troy is going to try and kill Nick. Well, they do get into a big fight, but in the end, everything works out.

5. What can we know about Travis? Is there a conversation about him? Lots of people telling Madison how sorry they are for her loss, but nothing else beyond that.

6. Who is the man with the suit? Is he in charge now at the hotel? His name is Mr. Dante, and he is a man that Strand and Thomas had done business with in the past. Make no mistake, he's not a very nice guy. He has taken over a dam/reservior, and is basically forcing people to pay or trade for fresh water. It is later revealed Dante is aware that Strand stole from Thomas, and Thomas was a very good friend of Dante's (there's also hints that Dante may have been Thomas' lover before Strand). So, out of revenge for that, Dante threatens to throw Strand into a walker pit at the bottom of the dam. Strand does finally talk his way out of it and offers to work for Dante if he spares his life. Dante does accept, but now, Strand is pretty much his slave.

7. Anybody dies? If so, who? A red-shirt member of the Mexican drug cartel that Dante had a beef with in his previous life. He throws the guy into the walker pit, and he's eaten alive.

8. Do we get to see any character from the past? Yes, Daniel (sort of...maybe)

9. How does the episode end? The episode ends with Strand in his jail cell, and someone puts a canteen of water next to the bars. He gulps down the water, and when he turns around, he sees Daniel.

SPECIAL NOTE: First impression, Daniel's appearanced felt like a hallucination and not the real deal. Daniel tells Strand, "See, I told you I was your guardian angel," and also, Strand is under extreme mental duress. It's very easy for someone to start hallucinatin in a situation like that.

Edited by raven
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

I've seen nothing on the Internet about Ruben Blades coming back FTWD. True, they used to keep things like that under wraps. But also true, there used to be a time when people actually cared about FTWD.

@JackONeill here is one source.  http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/news/a829628/fear-the-walking-dead-season-3-daniel-salazar-return/

I suppose he could just be a hallucinatory character, though I never thought he was really dead.

1 hour ago, SnarkyTart said:

How does the episode begin? The opening is very strange, and it's easy for you to think WTF? It begins with a video made decades ago (Troy and Jake are young boys) by Jeremiah Otto promoting his set of survivalist videos titled "Teotwawki" (also the title of the episode), for those who want to prepare for the end of the world. Young Jeremiah, his 2 sons, as well as his late wife are in the video.

Ugh, not sure why we need this in the show?  I feel like we already know what we need to about these people.

57 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I've seen nothing on the Internet about Ruben Blades coming back FTWD. True, they used to keep things like that under wraps. But also true, there used to be a time when people actually cared about FTWD.

Here's one article (of several I've seen) with confirmation from creator/exec producer, Dave Erickson:

Erickson also confirmed the return of Ofelia Salazar (Mercedes Mason), last seen in the season 2 finale, as well as Daniel Salazar (Rubén Blades), who was thought to be dead.

“Daniel is back,” he said. “We’ve been looking forward to bringing him back.

“We’ll get a lot of information on what happened.”

http://deadline.com/2017/06/fear-the-walking-dead-dave-erickson-season-3-atx-television-festival-1202111248/

45 minutes ago, raven said:

Ugh, not sure why we need this in the show?  I feel like we already know what we need to about these people.

Agree.  I also saw an advance preview article from TV Geek Talk that says we're going to find out that Troy isn't the monster we've been lead to believe he is, and that his interest in Madison is because she looks like his (deceased) mother.  You know what?  I don't care.  All of his scenes were only slightly less creepy than Madison's extended "Hey, Nick, hug me longingly, sensually, and slide your hand down my back to find the gun" scene.   Maybe we can get Nick and Troy to have an Oedipal fight to the death for Maddie's inappropriate affections...one where they both die.

https://tvgeektalk.com/previews/fear-the-walking-dead-advance-preview-teotwawki-video/

• Love 4
(edited)

From Fear: The Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page (for S304)

the ENTIRE episode is about Daniel, the aftermath of the fire & how he ended up at Dante's dam. No other characters, besides Strand, is in the episode.

They will have more detailed spoilers for this episode soon'ish. 

Edited by SnarkyTart

Detailed spoilers for S3 04 "100"

From Fear: The Spoiling Dead Fans -

1. How does the episode begin? It opens with the scene in the promo where Daniel is obviously injured and struggling to get away from walkers. He crawls underneath a car, and just when you think he's about to get it, a dog barks and distracts the walker.

2. How did Daniel escape the fire? He explains it to a new character, Efrain, who finds Daniel and helps him. Daniel says he wasn't in his right mind, and when he finally snapped out of it, he looked around and was surrounded by fire. He just ran and somehow managed to escape, but not without being severely burned on his leg.

3. What happend after he escaped the fire? After he escaped the fire, he desperately searched the burning ranch for Ofelia, but he couldn't find her and everyone he did find were dead -- burned to death. Since then, he's been out of his mind worried that he might have burned his daughter to death, and it is now his mission to find her.

4. Is Daniel still hallucinating and going crazy like in Season 2 or has he actually settled down and came to his senses? At the very beginning, he does seem to still be hearing some voices, but that could just be hallucinations due to the severity of his injuries. Once his wounds were healed, no more voices.

5. How did he find his way to Strand? By the time Strand arrives at the dam, Daniel was already there. He witnesses the scene when Strand arrives, and so, later goes to visit him.

6. What does Daniel do in Dante’s dam? Does he have a job there? Is he captive? When Daniel first arrives at the dam, he is hired on as a janitor. But, once Dante figures out what he is (a former killer from El Salvador), he is promoted to Dante's security team and as an interrogator/torturer.

7. Why Daniel tells Strand “you'll rot here” and leave him as it looks like he's not gonna help him? The main reason why Daniel visits Strand's cell is because he wants to know what happened to Ofelia and whether she's still alive. Strand says "yes," she's still alive, and in fact, she's at a hotel "waiting for her father," and if Daniel lets him out, he can take him to her. Well, Strand had also said that Ofelia, and everyone else, assumed Daniel was dead, and so, Daniel knows Strand is lying when he said Ofelia was waiting for him.

8. Does Daniel end up helping Stand? Do they go for the hotel? What does he do with him? He doesn't really help Strand, but by the end of the episode, at least they're on the same side.

9. What new characters will we see in this episode? There are 2 new characters. One is Efrain, who is the one who finds Daniel and helps him. Efrain is in a relationship with the lady who runs the water treatment facility at Dante's dam. Once a week she releases some water that flows to a fountain where Efrain lives so that he can distribute it to the people in the villages of Tijuana. Without it, the people would die of thirst. Of course, this is all behind Dante's back, and we know how he feels about people who steal from him.

10. Anybody dies? If so, who? Yes, Dante at the very end (along with several of his goons). Daniel kills him when he is about to throw Efrain and his associates into the walker pit for stealing the water.

11. What happens at the end of the episode? After Daniel kills Dante, he gets on his knees, gives Efrain and his friend his gun and asks for their forgiveness (Daniel is the one who had to turn Efrain in for stealing the water since Daniel now worked for Dante). I think Daniel expected them to kill him, but they don't and extend their hands instead.

NOTES:

With the exception of the conversation of Daniel with Strand, this episode is all in Spanish!

One final thing. The title of the episode is "100," and I think I know why. At the beginning of the episode when Efrain finds Daniel, he asks Daniel how many people he has killed. Daniel says 96. But, by the end of the episode, he will have killed 4 more, thus making a total of 100.

THANKS TO OUR AWESOME SOURCE!!!

• Love 2

Have to agree with those who would like this show retooled to focus on Daniel and Strand. Their respective backgrounds make them much more interesting than the other leads.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm okay with subtitles as long as the show is good enough to make the effort of having to read during watching TV worth my while.  This show has not earned that.

And as long as they don't put white subtitles on a white background, making it impossible to read -- like when they were at the vinyard.

• Love 1

Detailed spoilers from Fear the Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page:

Q&A: 305 - "Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame"

1. How does the episode begin? It begins with an elderly man waking up in the middle of the night because he hears a strange noise. He gets up and finds his wife, Martha, standing in the corner of the room, and when she turns around, he realizes she has turned (apparently she just died in her sleep). He opens his arms, and she comes to him, tries to bite his neck but then, we see her dentures in a glass by the nightstand. The elderly man then reaches for his gun, shoots himself in the head, but when he falls, the kerosene lamp is knocked over and the house catches fire. We then learn that the house is actually on the ranch.

2. Who is the long haired indian and how is he introduced? The Indian's name is Walker, and he is introduced in a very memorable way. The search team from the ranch finds his camp, and upon searching it, they find most of the men from the 1st search group in a pile, burned to death. There is 1 remaining man from the group who is strapped to a chair on the rocks, just mumbling complete nonsense. On closer inspection, they find that the back part of his skull has been removed, exposing his brain, and the crows have been slowly eating it away. Ewww. That's when Walker appears. He says with the apocalypse, it's now time for the Mexicans and for the Indians to take back all the land that the Americans have stolen from them, and he seems to have a specific beef with the folks at the Otto ranch. He says that his people are planning on taking the ranch, and at first, is set on killing Troy, Madison, and the rest of the group. But, finally, he settles on taking all their shit, including their boots, and then, see if they can make it back before he makes it to the ranch himself.

3. Does Madison try to manipulate Troy? What are her plans with him? I don't think Madison is trying to manipulate Troy, and in my opinion, is simply trying to help him. Help him understand himself and possibly help him change. For example, when Troy has one of his hissy fits when they are out searching for the helicopter, Madison reminds him how badly his mother treated him, even when he was taking care of her and cleaning her. She reminds him that he doesn't have to stay angry forever, that he can move beyond all of that.

4. While Madison is gone, what happens in the ranch with Alicia and Nick? Well, Alicia hooks up with Jake, and Nick tries to make a home for him and Luciana, in an effort to convince her to stay at the ranch.

5. Who set the house on fire? Who was living there? What happend after that? The fire was an accident (see previous comment). An elderly couple, Russ and Martha, lived there, and were one of the first inhabitants of Broke Jaw Ranch. The house they lived in was actually Jeremiah's house that he lived in with his first wife. It was also where Jake was born. But, his 2nd wife had more lavish tastes, and so, he moved out and built the big house when he remarried. After the fire, Nick decides to try and restore the house and then, offer it to Luciana for them to settle down in. Grow old together, build a life, just like Russ and Martha did. Really sweet thought, but ultimately, it doesn't work.

6. What happens between Daniel and Strand after Daniel killed Dante? They leave the dam and go back to the hotel in an effort to locate Ofelia

7. Does anyone die in this episode? If so, who? The elderly couple, Russ and Martha, and presumably, the remaining survivors at the hotel.

8. Is there a conversation between Luciana and Nick? What happens? Nick wants to stay at the ranch and believes they can build something good there. He tells the story of Russ and Martha (relayed to him by Jeremiah), who had been together since the Korean War. Russ was a soldier who had been wounded, and Martha was a nurse at the hospital he was being treated at. Russ told Martha he was going to marry her, and they eventually did. They were together until the very end, and Nick tells Luciana they can have something like that, even at the ranch.

9. What happens between Jake and Alicia? Is she manipulating him? What's going on between them? Jake and Alicia hook up, with Alicia making the first move. I don't believe she's manipulating him, because they did seem to form an apparent bond when they spent all that time together (and she saved his life) after the helicopter crash.

10. How does the episode end? It ends with Nick waking up in the little house, with Luciana gone and only a note that she left for him. And, Madison and Troy finally get past their differences, with the search group getting close to making it back to the ranch the following morning.

11. Any references to Travis or the helicopter? Does Madison get to know what happened? No specifics, but Walker does confirm that it was his group who shot down the helicopter, and again, he seemed to be targeting specifically the people at the ranch. However, Madison speaks up and said that he also killed one of her people, and Walker seems truly apologetic. He also tells Madison that it's unfortunate that she got mixed up "with a group of people like that." Hmmmm, I wonder what other secrets we don't know about the Otto's!

BONUS: When Daniel and Strand finally make it to the hotel, Strand immediately can tell something is wrong. The gate is down, and there are no guards to be found. When they enter the hotel, there's only walkers, and that's when Strand begins singing like a canary and tells Daniel the truth about Ofelia. She ditched Alicia, stole their truck and just took off. Of course, Daniel loses it, ditches Strand's ass and takes the car, leaving Strand all on his own.

Thanks to our awesome source!!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

1. How does the episode begin? It begins with an elderly man waking up in the middle of the night because he hears a strange noise. He gets up and finds his wife, Martha, standing in the corner of the room, and when she turns around, he realizes she has turned (apparently she just died in her sleep). He opens his arms, and she comes to him, tries to bite his neck but then, we see her dentures in a glass by the nightstand. The elderly man then reaches for his gun, shoots himself in the head, but when he falls, the kerosene lamp is knocked over and the house catches fire. We then learn that the house is actually on the ranch.

This the same old couple Nick was watching dance together on his night walk, before the "boar hunt"?