Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Don't Fear The Conversation

• Start Topic

(edited)

finally got my avatar pic of my recently lost and much beloved Kurt. Figured everyone from AMC will recognize that. Still miss the heck outta him.

Had to really tweek my display name. Seems my standard AMC name, "The one who Knocks aka Nuihc - (Negan sucks, Eugene bites, and AMC blows)"

was just a tad bit too long here.  ?

Edited by 1 who Knocks-Nuihc
added stuff/typo
  • Love 1

Well it would have been easier storming the Eyrie, but I finally made it!

im going to start how I’m not going to continue,  amc, shame on you for the despicable way you’ve just treated us.

right, now that’s out of the way, let’s get stuck into the rules and regs!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

im going to start how I’m not going to continue,  amc, shame on you for the despicable way you’ve just treated us.

right, now that’s out of the way, let’s get stuck into the rules and regs!

HEY! Glad to see you made it.  Looks like it will be a slow dribble of people coming over but I hope it will speed up a bit as the forum is closed down.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

HEY! Glad to see you made it.  Looks like it will be a slow dribble of people coming over but I hope it will speed up a bit as the forum is closed down.

Thanks, 

im wondering how many didn’t make note of the name because they not unreasonably thought they had until months end. I know Apollo knew the name so hopefully we’ll be seeing Eugene soon.

we need Gemini over, I don’t know if she’s aware though, I know ZBGirl was concerned about the PM facility. Nex will hopefully be over soon.

it won’t be the same but well done for finding it, I’m sure when the shock and anger has settled down it will all come together.

I’ve got to get on top of the rules, especially about posting links and information.

back to work, catch you later

Edited by OoohMaggie
Spelling mistake

Obviously we want to integrate with those already here, those who have so graciously welcomed us into their family, but I think our little band of people should have an unofficial, completely informal nickname to Commemorate from whence we’ve come. As the word has already been used, by one of the Ptv mods was it not? I put forward

[The] ‘Refugees’ as a suitable name, I’d be proud to carry that moniker after all the effort i’ve put in over the past few years, it’s just a suggestion, let me know what you think, or better suggestions / ideas.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Obviously we want to integrate with those already here, those who have so graciously welcomed us into their family, but I think our little band of people should have an unofficial, completely informal nickname to Commemorate from whence we’ve come. As the word has already been used, by one of the Ptv mods was it not? I put forward

[The] ‘Refugees’ as a suitable name, I’d be proud to carry that moniker after all the effort i’ve put in over the past few years, it’s just a suggestion, let me know what you think, or better suggestions / ideas.

"The Not Fair Wolves"?

• Love 1

crap - I didn't realize those scumbags had already closed the forum.  I probably should have been more succinct and stated "I hope it will speed up a bit as the forum is closING down.". I just tried to logon and discovered I couldn't. Pisses me off as Pamala was going to host a get together this weekend to discuss all this and commiserate I guess. I can send her an email and see if she has enough pull to get them to wait until the end of the month as they told everyone they were going to do.

As for recognizing everyone I was thinking of changing my display name to "AMC-Nuihc". But you can only make one change in a 30 day period so I hafta wait. Plus, FYI you only have 18 characters in the name I believe.

Hey Nuihc….how do I get into the Group????..Can't find anyone...YES!!!..Did you see how Pamala, didn't have her AMC logo anymore, but Daniel did, but of course Daniel was only there on Sundays, unless filling in for Pamala..so since he wasn't on before Sunday, after the announcement, maybe they hadn't gotten around to him yet??..Anyway I questioned Pamala , to the missing AMC,..she brushed it off, said we all knew who she was and didn't want to risk adding it into her sign in, because she was having problems, and that it would be there the next day...she never had her Logo back?/...Then I saw a post/announcement from AMC, saying The last Day would be the 21st....I announced it on the sites...and she right away Stated Oh NO!!..that's wrong I talked to The Techies and they promised me this Forum would be open until the 31st....The Post/Announcement was only up for about an hour...I said OK I hope so, just wanted to tell everyone what I had seen....I can't Believe that AMC Lied to her like that!!..After being a Moderator for at least 8 years, maybe even 10??..and chatting on the site longer thn that!! ..That was just Rotten....It still shocks me!!

• Love 2
(edited)

...how do I get into the Group????..Can't find anyone...

@OoohMaggie. Good to cya! If anyone could storm the Erie, it'd be you. Like your suggestion of a moniker. I think WT started the topic "AMC Refugees", and it got merged with small talk. Edit button is nice.

@jingles13.  Hi! Missed you for Legion. :( WT & I live chatted for it here, but turns out we weren't supposed to. They don't do live chats for less popular shows. Mod said they normally only get 20 post-show posts, but that would consider having live chat if more people interested. I found 9 AMC people, now 11 with you and OoohMaggie. Not sure why they don't show up on my profile page, but can give you links to their pages. Some posted in last FTWD live thread. I tried finding Pam and OoohMaggie on YT, our planned "meet" spot if forum died suddenly; but couldn't find them after AMC pulled their stunt! Other people were considering coming here, but not sure if they got the link in time? Seems like Pam and Daniel didn't know, as were planning Memorial BBQ. Sad! "Roxanne's Story" Vol. 1 and 2 just came. Can't wait to read them!

Edited by Cherokee Rose
4 hours ago, jingles13 said:

Hey Nuihc….how do I get into the Group????..Can't find anyone...YES!!!..Did you see how Pamala, didn't have her AMC logo anymore, but Daniel did, but of course Daniel was only there on Sundays, unless filling in for Pamala..so since he wasn't on before Sunday, after the announcement, maybe they hadn't gotten around to him yet??..Anyway I questioned Pamala , to the missing AMC,..she brushed it off, said we all knew who she was and didn't want to risk adding it into her sign in, because she was having problems, and that it would be there the next day...she never had her Logo back?/...Then I saw a post/announcement from AMC, saying The last Day would be the 21st....I announced it on the sites...and she right away Stated Oh NO!!..that's wrong I talked to The Techies and they promised me this Forum would be open until the 31st....The Post/Announcement was only up for about an hour...I said OK I hope so, just wanted to tell everyone what I had seen....I can't Believe that AMC Lied to her like that!!..After being a Moderator for at least 8 years, maybe even 10??..and chatting on the site longer thn that!! ..That was just Rotten....It still shocks me!!

I didn't try logging in until yesterday so I missed all that. I asked Pamala if there was anything we could do to extend the forums and she mentioned that there was a contract expiring at the end of the month. I assume then that the forums were run by a 3rd party contractor and since they caused so many people to leave 3 years ago when they screwed up the forums AMC just decided to let the contract expire and close the forums. As a 3rd party I guess they could care less about the users.

10 hours ago, jingles13 said:

Glad you made it, did you manage to tell anyone else we’re here?

5 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

@OoohMaggie. Good to cya! If anyone could storm the Erie, it'd be you. Like your suggestion of a moniker. I think WT started the topic "AMC Refugees", and it got merged with small talk. Edit button is nice.

@jingles13.  Hi! Missed you for Legion. :( WT & I live chatted for it here, but turns out we weren't supposed to. They don't do live chats for less popular shows. Mod said they normally only get 20 post-show posts, but that would consider having live chat if more people interested. I found 9 AMC people, now 11 with you and OoohMaggie. Not sure why they don't show up on my profile page, but can give you links to their pages. Some posted in last FTWD live thread. I tried finding Pam and OoohMaggie on YT, our planned "meet" spot if forum died suddenly; but couldn't find them after AMC pulled their stunt! Other people were considering coming here, but not sure if they got the link in time? Seems like Pam and Daniel didn't know, as were planning Memorial BBQ. Sad! "Roxanne's Story" Vol. 1 and 2 just came. Can't wait to read them!

I didn’t know you were a Throner! ⚔️ ? ?

(edited)

How do we connect..???Is there a time Everyone would be here??

And YES!! Love The Game of Thrones!!..Cyndi/..ZBGC,..said she would come over here...so didn't Bella...I am also in Sammy's FB Room..and so isn't Nexus..I saw her sign in the other day

So I see 2 New People...Mostly Content..and Gobi..are these Peeps from AMC,..or New to the Little Group??

Edited by jingles13
Add

Hey Jingles,

i know your an avid Thrones fan, we talked about it on T & Crumpets often enough Lol  it was meant for CR, my post was a bit confusing, I’m trying to find a way of replying to a post without repeating everything they’ve written, scouring the FAQ’s now!

the two you mentioned aren’t ‘refugees’ as far as I’m aware, but regular members here.

Have you seen Gemini on FB? 

(edited)

@OoohMaggie. No, sadly, I missed out on GoT. No DVR back then. Thought you meant me, but Jingles replied; so I wasn't sure. Did Pamala definitely say that forums won't re-open this weekend?

I invited Gemini here... said wasn't sure what would do... thinking. Gave the link.

You can use the at sign plus the person's name in all caps to reply. I haven't figured out when you quote someone, how you get their name in the box above the quote. You can also quote one person, then reply to them. Then, quote next person, and reply.

Edited by Cherokee Rose

Jingles,

as you’re in the FB group, do you know if Annalyn Bad Moon is over there?

if not she popped up on YTube yesterday, I told her we’re here so just waiting to see if she shows, 

were putting out a search party for Apollo, and more importantly Eugene as well Lol

• Love 1

@Cherokee Rose

lets see if that works!

So you don’t know about the Eyrie then? Lol and you’re missing a treat, only if that’s your sort of thing obviously, I can’t begin to express the pain, not only of having to wait so long for it to arrive, but the fact that it’s the last season ever ??

(edited)

Hey ‘Refugees’ 

i was thinking of how to get the word out to Mr A ?,that is if he’s not deliberately keeping away obviously. if  ??? is still with the company, do you think she could, or would be allowed to (privacy laws blah blah) send him a message using his forum email? Obviously we’ve got to track her down first ??

Edited by OoohMaggie

@NUIHC,

thanks, she only needs to pass on the info for this place in case he didn’t get it, then it’s his choice without feeling pestered. Gemini and ZBG know where we are,and now Nex is here it’s only MrA missing of the people I used to talk to. The other Refugees might have someone they’d like to contact though.

• Love 1

Hi Zombness, I agree. Such a shame! Ruined Pam's bbq chat, and left us hanging w/o making final plans with everyone. They should've waited the final week. So many goodbyes unsaid! I was worried they'd do this, as the email didn't say May 31st... just end of May. Also, the site was degrading so much daily. Some heard rumors of May 21st.

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Thanks to all who served and are serving!

• Love 1

There won't be a re-airing of last week's FTWD episode, before the new episode. Movies again. AMC seems to be focusing less on shows, and more on movies. Though I guess there's no way for us to W&C on both episodes here anyways?

Humans returns on June 5th,

Just want to say..if this doesn't work out..everyone should jump to Sammy's FB room..there's a Safe Hose within the room, with peeps you all know and have chatted with..it was started by wePEN, but he's hardly around anymore,..very busy ..one man show..produces electrical boards..just drops in once and awhile now..but bella is always on..and all the other hanger ons, that stayed with AMC..except for ZBGC..she was really hacked badly a few times, and trolled,..so she's really paranoid about joining anything new..which is why you don't see her here//:(..she maybe on YouTube,..because she already had an account there,..but I don't get that site either,..have to keep chasing the videos!!..What's Up with that???Ha!..Be back later

• Love 2

Jingles and other AMC Refugees, Pamala's plan was to move to the most recent FTWD promo video on YouTube. Not sure after FTWD. Had posted questions on how/when to move for Pamala, but forums closed before I could check her reply. We're under this YT thread right now:  'Something Close to a Real Life' Sneak Peek Ep. 407 | Fear the Walking Dead.

No Pamala recently, but who can blame her?! :(

Hey all you AMC Refugees CR, and me(WT), and some other refugees( maybe) will be doing W-N-C on Legion tonight. The moderator has agreed to open the site during the show. Usually, it is closed d/t the small number of viewers for this mind altering show. Frequently, viewers state I don't do drugs, but if I did I'm sure this is what it would look like, lol.  Some come one, come all(even non-AMC Refugees), come ready to bend your view point watching Legion.If you like to solve puzzles, you will love this show. 

• Love 1

Just replying. Lost...

Hi Jingles, Nexus, and WT, didn't know where you went when they closed the live thread for Legion. This thread is open for post-show talk: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/70688-s02e09-chapter-17-20180529/?tab=comments#comment-4371533.

Jingles, hope home situation got solved. Shame we can't intermingle conversation in show topic! Glad to cya. Hard to get used to. Also, can't figure out why I don't see other's posts, until I post something? I

Jingles, did home situation work out. I can't figure this site out. lol

We can go to post show topic, if you guys want to. People seem to come in gradually with replies. They know all the names, and seem very knowledgeable.

Yes Walker Talker, it also blocked me, and then I was shut down??..but signed back in..this site is not conducive to lively chat...I thinkyou all should go to Sammy's FB..I haven't been there for a few days...Nexus..are you in FB under Nexus, or something else??