Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Don't Fear The Conversation

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Cherokee Rose said:

Seems like it could work. Still trying to learn the system. Do I need to quote the topic to respond to the forum.

I think it depends. If it is a super long post you are replying to it might be best to just indicate who you are replying to. e.g.

@Cherokee Rose I think it just depends.

@SilverStormm (or any other mod) do you create the weekly episode topic? Or do we do it?

Hey gang, if you click on the FORUMS button at the top right side of the screen, then click on the "Edit Show Subscriptions" (mid-page on the left side) you can place a check-mark next to all the shows you are interested in. Then, the next time you click the FORUMS button all your selected shows will show up in alphabetical order at the bottom of the page. Super convenient way to go to your selected forums.

It occurs to me that we need to post in every forum on AMC where we have gone so that the people returning for shows after the forum closes at the End of May will know where we are. e.g. Better Call Saul, Preacher, The Walking Dead, etc. This forum is actually more usable than AMC's. (You can edit posts - YAY!)

• Love 1

Welcome refugees from the AMC forums!  Your original topics were merged into this one, but a link will remain for 30 days from your original topic to this location. 

Since this topic is for general discussion, introductions and the like, I'll post a separate one with some guidelines.

@Nuihc, the mods create the weekly episode topics in this forum.  We have a topic for real-time live chat as you're watching the episode, which locks after the episode is over, at which time a post-viewing topic will open.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure folks know. Trying to spread the word. Some staying away from forums. Some don't know AMC Forums are closing, as they didn't get emails. Some won't be back till Fall, and forums will be gone. (Convenient timing, huh?!) Perhaps posting info on various forums?

Edited by Cherokee Rose

@WalkerTalker,

@Nuihc, and others,

No episode of FTWD next weekend. I guess due to holiday. So this will be the last FTWD Sunday evening chat on AMC forums before they close. Wonder if folks know this? As some come just on Sundays, how will we help them find there way here for shows after tonight? So little time!

(edited)

@Big Survivor, Hi there! Nuihc has worked hard to find a place for us. We can small talk here on this thread, but need to visit show forums to discuss them. I've asked mod if there's a way to keep show forums open longer to allow east and west coast discussion, as they close directly at end of show. There's a post show topic, but would have spoilers for those not on same coast, watching live together. Am awaiting reply. Good to cya!

Edited by Cherokee Rose

Me, too. I've been so lost. AMC is only forum I've ever done. WT and have been talking with each other trying to figure out what we're doing. Very nice moderator here. Was kind enough to post some help links above. Any ideas on how to let others know about this so they can come, too?

• Love 1

Hi, 

DixonVixon has been out here for awhile. BigSurvivor,Zombmess,seankaseantic,Ironmetal signed up tonight. I have been telling them often on the FTWD thread tonight. CR has been putting thte link for here up. We have to keep telling them and putting it at the top of the thread so they know about this site.

Is there any other way to follow someone besides finding their post? Some are out here but have no posted yet, or not posted under TWD,FTWD.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, WalkerTalker said:

Hi Raven, 

Are you one of the moderators? Who are the other moderators? 

5 hours ago, Cherokee Rose said:

@WalkerTalker,

@Nuihc, and others,

No episode of FTWD next weekend. I guess due to holiday. So this will be the last FTWD Sunday evening chat on AMC forums before they close. Wonder if folks know this? As some come just on Sundays, how will we help them find there way here for shows after tonight? So little time!

How do we post new posts other than reply?

(edited)

@1riot1ranger, I re-posted the info for this forum at end of tonight's show with links. I'm watching TTD, and will likely re-watch FTWD with the west coast. I'll re-post the info again. I also watch Terror and Legion, and can mention it there. OoohMaggie has been trying to make an account, too. I'll try to re-post the info at the Memorial weekend chat, too. :)

@Zombness and @ironmetal, good to cya. Will keep trying to spread the word before AMC goes poof!

Think GloriaA is coming. Find seanetic as "SeanakaSeanetic". Shame we don't have more time to spread this, as no FTWD next week.

Others are considering coming, and at least they have the links! :)

Edited by Cherokee Rose
  • Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 10:18 PM, Nuihc said:

I hope so. To everyone here AMC.Com announced they are closing their forums at the end of May 2018. (Thanks for the notice?) Anyway we are looking for a new home for everyone and this site seems to be something we could go for.

How do you follow people?

How do you follow people?

-----------------------------------------

Oh yeah, the line is put there by me. Otherwise, my new reply will show up in my old reply box unless there is a message between us.I'm going to go lurk on FTWD thread in a few to learn more about this site.

TY BS, I was wondering why my reply didn't show up. 

===================================

Forgot my line, lol. 

========================================

BS, 1riot1ranger is one of us from AMC  if you want to follow.He needs help on how to follow. That is my reply that didn't show up. I sent him and email.

1riot1ranger this subject we are on;Don't Fear the Conversation post publicly. We all see this when you submit your reply. Also, There is a share post, and post buttons on this pages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see your post, and up you one, lol. 

----------------------------

1riot from this site click on the peeps you want to follow like BigSurvivor,CherokeeRose,Ironmetal,Nuick. I have not found ,Zombmess,DixonVixon,b ut they are out here. 

----------------------------

1riot from this site click on the peeps you want to follow like BigSurvivor,CherokeeRose,Ironmetal,Nuick. I have not found,DixonVixon,b ut they are out here. just found Zombmess she is right above us on this page. Scroll up and click on her picture. Then pick follow and let others see for now until we find each other. 

I know, what a learning curve. I'm lol tonight. My first night my head hurt. I haven't been out on any other talk forums yet, just this one. I figure I have until the end of the month to get up to speed on this so we can all start chatting again and meet other new peeps. 

Have a good night. Some of us will be back on AMC The Terror Finale tomorrow. 

(edited)

@1riot1ranger. Sorry I missed you. Was at TTD, and sharing info for west coasters. Follow people by clicking on their picture/letter, and it's takes you to the person. Then, click follow. Hope this helps.

@Big Survivor Sorry I missed you. Sharing info with west coast. Re-posting info it so it doesn't get buried down the thread. Cya later! :)

@WalkerTalker. Are you there? Trying to reach me?

Edited by Cherokee Rose

CR I'm calling it a night. 1Riot is out here still, I think. If your still around you could fill in on the site. I will meet you for The Terror tomorrow night. Oh, my bad I did that thing again, the one I told you about the other night, lol. I was goofing on CH. TY for all your help.

----------------------------------------

I will send you an email real quick before I go. Good Night.

Oh yeah, I got all your messages earlier. I'm so tired now I can't remember all of them. I will reread them before TT tomorrow. I new you were with the westies, I left a message out there too. I just sent you and email.