Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling

54 minutes ago, marymon said:

I think  CW has several shows that are trending lower.  No Tomorrow on the CW with only  one more episode to run has a  Demo  ave of 0.30 and viewer ave at 0.525.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2016-17-season-ratings/

Which is why I specifically mentioned "the 4 Major Networks."    ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX are the 4 major networks who compete with each other.

The CW is like triple league baseball  compared to the Major leagues.  It has never been expected to be competitive overall with the 4 Majors.

The CW has such a lower set of expectation of ratings, that I think only ONE show has ratings consistently above 1.0, namely The FLash.  ALL their other shows are fractionally rated .2 to .9.   ON occasions with hyped crossovers they can reach 1.0 or a bit higher.  Other than the Flash, practically all the other CW shows would have been cancelled on the 4 major networks.  SuperGirl's ratings had deteriorated below accepted levels after it's first season on CBS so it was shipped to the CW where it's fractional ratings are good enough.   It's ratings are even lower than what they were on CBS, but for the CW the show is a "success".

So yes Scream Queens is the lowest rated series EVER of the 4 Major networks.

Edited by caracas1914

Oh well won't hurt Ryan any, half of Fox shows are under 0.1 rating at this point which use to be considered a  low point. 

While they all want that demo the CW is totally geared towards that and still not working.   I bet more shows then ever are still on air that are under that 0.1 mark.

Edited by marymon

I'm sure Ryan will get more shows launched, and his niche is the anthology series it appears.  He is successful so of course he'll survive.

Doesn't change the fact that his show is the buck naked worst rated show of the entire fall, and that his track record with narrative TV shows on network shows isn't exactly great.   Did I mention the worst rated series show most likely of ALL TIME?  The one thing is that FOX may blink twice before drinking the kool-aid on RM's next visionary network launch.

Doubt if it will stop RM's incessant boasting , but whatever.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

I posted a comment  specifically about SQ's ratings, which is what this thread is ostensibly about.    You decided to interject Ryan Murphy into the topic and make it about him, for whatever reason.

Getting back to talking about the ratings, it seems most likely that FOX will cancel this series as even if some of the PTB favor it,  it has the lowest live ratings and lowest live audience of any FOX show this season,  it would be hard pressed to label it as anything but a major ratings disappointment of the fall season for FOX.

The fall/winter is traditionally the highest rated of all the TV seasons, (summer admittedly is a wasteland) and the spring season ratings dip even of hit shows.

SQ has had 3 consecutive 0.5 live ratings , which is a record for a Fall series show not airing on Fridays and not yet moved to another time slot or officially cancelled.  If it continues this trend it will then become the lowest rated series ever of any show aired in the fall season.  

On 12/10/2016 at 1:22 AM, marymon said:

, half of Fox shows are under 0.1 rating at this point which use to be considered a  low point. 

While they all want that demo the CW is totally geared towards that and still not working.   I bet more shows then ever are still on air that are under that 0.1 mark.

FOX shows have admittedly declined in ratings.  Howver if one looks at this website:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fox-tv-show-2016-2017-season-ratings/

12 out of the 16 FOX fall shows as a season average are 1.0 or higher , albeit some are barely squeezing by, .98 or .96.  Two series average .8 in the ratings, one show averages .7, and yes, one show as of now averages .6, which,  well,  is SQ.

So even within FOX's fallen standards, SQ is dead last.  So even with shows under 1.0  airing, it is a dubious honor to be heading the rear , so to speak. The other 3 major networks have maybe only a handful of shows still airing this fall whose season average dips below 1.0, something that same website would verify. (One of those on NBC  is an unscripted low budget reality show airing on Fridays.)

Anyways, perhaps with the last two episodes left, SQ can improve their .5 ratings.   I wouldn't think at this point they would dip to .4, which indeed would be another record for FOX, though one they wouldn't want to achieve. IF that happens the series could actually dip below .60 and into the .5's as a season average. As it is, even FOX Friday night scheduled shows are besting SQ's Tuesday night ratings.

Edited by caracas1914

Subject to final adjustments:

Season 2: Episode 10,       Scream Queens (FOX) – F.  Ratings:    0.5/2.      Viewers       1.38

Season 2 average ratings/viewers.

Season ratings:   0.6.         Viewers (in millions). 1.446

Lowest rated season average ever for any non-Summer, non-Saturday scheduled series aired from the 4 Major networks:

Lowest season average  live viewing audience  ever for any non-Summer, non-Saturday scheduled series aired from  the 4 Major networks:

First TV series from the 4 Major Networks non-Summer, non-Saturday  to air 7 consecutive episodes of .6 demo ratings or lower  on prime time.

First TV series from the 4 Major Networks non-Summer, non-Saturday  to air 5 consecutive episodes of .5 demo ratings on prime time.

Edited by caracas1914