Type keyword(s) to search

Scream Queens in the Media

This is the first time I've delved into this thread and seen the original promos.. what's the deal with the bubblegum?

Just a gimmick.   Its not tied to the show or anything.  

This is the first time I've delved into this thread and seen the original promos.. what's the deal with the bubblegum?

Ryan Murphy initially pitched the show as "blood-splattered bubblegum" or something, so it's probably related to that.

Wing Chun posted a link in her recap to a condensed version of this rant that was linked with Scream Queens...this is the real deal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0e-he_dU58

I gotta admit, I do enjoy it when Ryan Murphy makes allusions to funny viral videos.

That chick is nuts. The best part was when she smelled the candle cover as a coping mechanism. Minnesota can't catch a break in the way it's presented to the country/world.

Golden Globe nominations out today:

• COMEDY OR MUSICAL SERIES – ACTRESS

Rachel Bloom, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Jamie Lee Curtis, Scream Queens

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep (also a SAG Award nominee)

Gina Rodriguez, Jane the Virgin

Lily Tomlin, Grace & Frankie

• Love 1

Wait, I thought this was an anthology show? I thought that meant the actors would be coming back as all-new characters? Interesting.

I'm bummed about this too. I liked the summer camp idea. 

SpIn 101 on how a .6 live rating show with weekly declining numbers smells like a rose.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-fox-almost-said-no-940333

"There's still a very old-school process that both the press and a lot of the elder statesmen in our business participate in where they look at the daily report card. And you say, you don't really know how this show is going to do for two weeks. Until you get the seven-day numbers in. And then you don’t really know until as long as you have to collect the research, because these multi-platform audiences grow every single day. And we record them up through 30 days. And it is incredible, a show like Scream Queens will end up delivering eight or nine million people per episode, but it is going to be around a million two in the overnights. And that still feels to a lot of people like oh, it is a failure."

This is hilarious, Dana makes the presidential campaign managers look like bush league spinners by comparison.  By her standard no show should be cancelled, because, you know.  It's actually  awe-inspiring the bullshit level.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Anybody see Hidden Figures? Great movie with pretty amazing performances. Glen Powell portrays John Glenn and I kept expecting him to bust out with "I promise I will never bang anyone the way I banged you." It was weird seeing him as someone...not Chad like. He was so cute in his astronaut outfit!

10 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

Excerpt of Article:

“We won’t be seeing Scream Queens this season,” Fox Television Group CEO Gary Newman told reporters “We won’t be seeing Scream Queens this season,” Fox Television Group CEO Gary Newman told reporters Monday. “Scream Queens was an anthological series. Ryan [Murphy] told the story of the group of characters he created over the course of the two seasons. It feels as if it was a complete story. We have no plans at this point to go back there and tell more stories.”

??

Considering that the same recurring characters returned the next season, how was it an anthology series? I love this spin, it was intended to be only a two year completed saga.   LOL.

• Love 2