Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: The DESPY Awards

• Start Topic

according to what was shown on tv Ru didn't say she had no personality she said Max had a large personality and pearl didn't. Pearl hears but she doesn't listen.

I think Pearl's tweet was saying, "You saw Ru claiming I don't have a big personality, but what you didn't see was her telling me that I have no personality - which is the first thing she said! Don't you see how I've been victimized?"

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Pearl's tweet was saying, "You saw Ru claiming I don't have a big personality, but what you didn't see was her telling me that I have no personality - which is the first thing she said! Don't you see how I've been victimized?"

Oh, boo fricking hoo Pearl! This season is a cornucopia of entitlement. The older ones have auditioned 85 times and the younger ones think they have it all figured out at 22. Strangely none of these queens who have nothing to learn are bringing their A games. Ru was mean to you? As my sainted great aunt would say:Cry baby pee pants! It's Ru's show, although in some corners of the internet this season is not RPDR but "Pearl Makes Adorable Faces, So Give Her the Crown Because I'm an Introvert Too!". PMAFSGHCBII just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Edited by SteveAC10
  • Love 7

I've been COVID-19 lockdown binge-watching Drag Race and I was absolutely gobsmacked by Pearl's rudeness and disrespect towards RuPaul.  I have to admit that I lost a little respect for Ru when he didn't toss that disrespectful little punk out in the street. 

Everybody loves drag queens now but I remember back in the day when men like RuPaul risked their lives if they walked the streets in drag.  When I lived in NY, I remember the groups of 'bridge and tunnel' thugs who would come into the city just to hunt gay men to beat up. 

Tyra gets dragged a lot (I have a good idea why), and she deserves some of it, but I don't believe that she would EVER speak to RuPaul the way that Pearl did.  I'm sure that Tyra has enough home-training to know that you don't speak that way to the man whose name is on the show you're competing in.  But I guess Tyra doesn't have Pearl's privilege.

I only wish that someone like Bianca or Latrice had been there.  They would have put Little Miss Pearl in her place with a quickness. 

I've reached the top 4 and I don't think I'm going to watch any more of this season.  It's getting harder to tell the finalists apart.  Young, 'pretty' White boys who think they know everything because they've been doing drag for a minute.  Not today, Satan.

Edited by mightysparrow

RuPaul is not some sort of saint. She could send contestants some money in advance in order to allow them to prepare for the show, instead the costumes aso are all completely on the dime of the contestants, and if they aren't lucky enough to win anything during the show, they can just hope that the exposure from the show will be enough to give them better paid gigs down the line. The show itself is praying on the painful experiences of the contestants. And sometimes the show is put above of the health of the contestants. (Honestly, that is practically the whole current seasons, people who take a huge risk with just surface protection, while Ru sits safely behind glas).

And Tyra sucked up to Ru, but you don't judge someone by the way he treats someone above them, but how they treat someone on the same level or (supposedly) beyond them. Tyra nearly took Jujube's eye out and didn't even feel sorry for it.

Pearl is not my cup of tea, but I think if any of the contestants feels disheartened by Ru, it isn't a crime to say so. We had cases of this in the past...remember Adore in All Stars?

• Love 1

Just making my way through Season 7 and to me, from early on, my impression was that Pearl seems like she is on something. She is just so sleepy and detached. Could be drugs or an Rx for anxiety, who knows?