Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Need To Know

TC'S SISTER-IN-LAW LANDS IN THE ER AFTER AN ACCIDENT AT HIS APARTMENT AND JORDAN TAKES A RISK TREATING A CHILD WHO HAS FALLEN DOWN A WELL - SCOTT WOLF AND MERLE DANDRIDGE GUEST STAR - TC (Eoin Macken) ends up treating his own sister-in-law Annie (guest star Sarah Jane Morris, "NCIS") after she falls down a flight of stairs. The truth behind her fall turns out to be even more complicated than TC realizes, but Jordan (Jill Flint) isn't surprised; she knows some things about Annie's history that TC doesn't -- until now. Jordan joins Gwen (guest star Merle Dandridge, "The Newsroom") in the field to tend to a boy who has fallen down a well. Ragosa's (Freddy Rodriguez) teenage daughter visits the ER with an injury and decides to stick around and watch him on the job, which forces Ragosa to come clean about the nature of his new position in the hospital. Back in the ER, Krista (Jeananne Goossen) is surprised to learn that Kenny (JR Lemon) saw her kiss Joey (guest star Adam Rodriguez). Meanwhile, Drew (Brendan Fehr) continues to fall into a deeper depression that puts his job in jeopardy and Jordan has some news that will change TC's life forever. Ken Leung and Robert Bailey Jr. also star.

Edited by Happy Harpy
(edited)

It's incredible how better an episode gets when it's broadcast in order!

Loved, loved, LOVED:

-the last Drew/Krista scene. Finally! My favorite friendship is baaack! They had scenes together and all !

-Topher is really the One True Ring of this show. He was all kinds of awesome with everyone.

-Ragosa, of course. I'm not fond of teenagers on TV, but I liked his daughter. She has daddy's snark gene.

-Oh, Joey, I miss you, too! Please come back! Loved that he texted her, at the right moment.

Loved:

-Scott. It's so good that he isn't reduced to a little rooster anymore. And the show actually surprised me. Just when I thought "OK, just another sob backstory", he pulled his "Oh, I was totally lying". I really like when the show doesn't play straight on clichés. It also established Scott as a different kind of doctor than the others, imo, and I found it interesting. Oh, and he was all kinds of decent with Jordan and TC.

-Paul, for the very little he had to do.

Liked:

-That Krista didn't "get away" with kissing Joey before she broke up with Kenny. I couldn't muster sympathy for Kenny, and imo it was more a question of ego than feelings considering how fast he was on the rebound, but it wasn't right and it had to be stated (re: no Mary-Sueing).

-When Scott mentioned his "blood-sucking attorney" sister, I imagined she could open a club with Annie and Ragosa's ex. I hated the former and the latter annoyed me, but they were both excellent imo in their respective role.

Meh:

-Kenny and Gwen. Because I'm meh about both of them, otherwise I think I prefer them together. But the "seductive" hair thing was ridiculous. Gwen is just a plot device for now, imo, who knows about Jordan/TC history so there is no need of exposition and can play the blabbermouth-ex-machina when needed. But that's why I'm indifferent to her: I didn't even cheer when she gave TC a well-deserved -imo- reality check.

-Molly, you are no Miranda Bailey. It was better that Ragosa and his ex didn't argue in front of their daughter, but I don't remember she had a problem with any other doctor bringing their personal problems in public/inappropriately.

-So that's it, with the stalker? "They caught the guy"? Meh, indeed. Unless they keep him for the season finale.

This ship has sailed:

-The possibility that I could truly like TC, I'm afraid. Did I hope last week that he'd be supporting and not self-righteous with Jordan? Nope, pissy little boy was back with a vengeance. Me, me, me, my emo! And it was rich that he sounded jealous/incensed that Scott stayed with Jordan (and we know why Scott had to) because unless my memories play tricks on me, he and Jordan were the ones who "cheated", and he was the one who pursued Jordan when she was with Scott. Maybe his refusal to believe that his SIL was an addict was realistic, I don't know, but she manipulated him so easily that he didn't look very smart, to put things delicately.

-The possibility that I could truly love TC/Jordan, I think. After last week (2x05), I would have found the last scene cute. And I could actually see both points in their drama. Now? Back to square one, a.k.a why would she want to be with that guy and why would I want those two together? Yes, it was Jordan's turn to be painted a little too saintly for my taste, but I have more of a problem with how she ended-up imo as a doormat. She was terrorized and he was out drinking, didn't answer/return her calls, then he's pissed off at her and implies that she's not "family", yet she's all happy she's pregnant with him? Although it could have been worse: for a second, I thought that TC was going to ask her if he was the father.

Anyway, that's too bad. I think the show lost an opportunity to make TC and Jordan characters to root for.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

I'd like to know how a woman who just had surgery on her spleen was able to "clean out" TC's apartment of all electronics all by herself. Some of that stuff can be pretty heavy. She probably would have put major stress on her stitches or whatever.

Loved the side story involving Ragosa and his daughter. Especially loved how Topher easily went along with it, and later talked him up even more (this time without making it up): "Did you see that? Your dad's a total badass!" Aww.

I'm trying really hard to like Jordan, but I just don't. I don't like how she's written, I don't like she's played. Which makes it very difficult to feel for her.

• Love 5

With the exception of how he still occasionally lets T.C. get away with some stuff, I really do like watching Topher in charge.  He's just so, well, competent, which I honestly don't see on a lot of shows.  But he's also very supportive.  I loved him trying to help Ragosa with his daughter, and especially the stuff with Drew.  When he summoned Drew, I thought for sure it was going to be a bunch of yelling and even a "You are this close to being done!", but I liked that, instead, Topher just firmly asked what the hell is going on.  Because he knows that Drew is better then this, so there has to be something up.  In short, Topher is awesome.  Show is lucky they got Ken Leung.

That said, I do hope Drew is back to being better, because I'm not a fan of angsty, dickish Drew.  At least he apologized to Krista for what he said.  Hope we get back into that relationship moving forward.

Ragosa being so anti-Lil Wayne just makes me like him any more.  OK, I'm sure it was more he just didn't want her going to any concert with that group period, but that bit still amused me.  I'm with you on that, Ragosa!

I'm still trying to give Gwen a chance, but the more they bring up her and Jordan's history, the more it reminds me of Landry, and I how I feel like they are basically the same character (with different jobs), and that Daniella Alonso must have just wanted out or something.  Except Gwen apparently has the hots for Kenny, who I only find OK, while Landry might have been crushing on Ragosa, which would have been awesome if they ever went there.

I really hope the show avoids putting Scott in any kind of love triangle with T.C./Jordan.  I actually hope they focus more on him and Krista in the surgical ward.  I'm curious to see how his methods will rub off on her.  Plus, I kind of get a kick over how Scott Wolf and Jeananen Goossen are about the same height.  I keep forgetting how small Mr. Wolf is.  Then again, I'm sure Freddy Rodriguez has them all beat in the shortness department.

At least all of T.C. and Jordan's secrets and lies, have already been blown up and exposed.  That shit was already getting tiring.  Not sure I'm wild about them having a baby either though.  If they do go through with it, I'm guessing we'll be getting a wedding by the end of the season.

• Love 2

I am constantly amazed by TV doctors who become accidentally pregnant. And am I the only one who wondered if Scott could be the father? How long has it been since Jordan and TC got back together?

But my Topher love continues to grow. What a change to see him dealing with Drew like a compassionate adult instead of a screaming martinet.

And because it can't be said too often: I miss you too,Joey!

• Love 1

It's incredible how better an episode gets when it's broadcast in order!

Loved, loved, LOVED:

-the last Drew/Krista scene. Finally! My favorite friendship is baaack! They had scenes together and all !

-Topher is really the One True Ring of this show. He was all kinds of awesome with everyone.

-Ragosa, of course. I'm not fond of teenagers on TV, but I liked his daughter. She has daddy's snark gene.

-Oh, Joey, I miss you, too! Please come back! Loved that he texted her, at the right moment.

Loved:

-Scott. It's so good that he isn't reduced to a little rooster anymore. And the show actually surprised me. Just when I thought "OK, just another sob backstory", he pulled his "Oh, I was totally lying". I really like when the show doesn't play straight on clichés. It also established Scott as a different kind of doctor than the others, imo, and I found it interesting. Oh, and he was all kinds of decent with Jordan and TC.

-Paul, for the very little he had to do.

See, I hated the Scott stuff, and while he may be different from the ER staff, when it comes down to it, he's nothing more than a typical arrogant ass of a surgeon.  NBC could easily get rid of Jordan, Scott, TC, Gwen, and Annie, and the series would still be strong.

Because it needs to be continually repeated: Come back, Joey.  Scott is a piss-poor replacement for you.

Topher does indeed rock the house.  He is completely in tune with his staff.

But my Topher love continues to grow. What a change to see him dealing with Drew like a compassionate adult instead of a screaming martinet.

And because it can't be said too often: I miss you too,Joey!

What I liked was that it was clear that Topher was doing both---being understanding to Drew while also making it clear that this crap that Drew's doing needs to stop.  Drew should be in a bit of bother with HR, and I think the undertone with Topher was "Yes, I understand and we're still good, but this is your one "pass" as it were.  If Drew continues, Topher will be completely within his right to bring the hammer done on Drew, so i seriously hope that one of my favorites gets his head back in the game.

I also hope that promo is just some drama intended to mess with me.  If something happens and Drew dies, Topher and Regosa might not be enough to carry this show for me.  I don't think the writers would do that because it'd be a major double-whammy for Krista, but one never knows.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

What I liked was that it was clear that Topher was doing both---being understanding to Drew while also making it clear that this crap that Drew's doing needs to stop.  Drew should be in a bit of bother with HR, and I think the undertone with Topher was "Yes, I understand and we're still good, but this is your one "pass" as it were.  If Drew continues, Topher will be completely within his right to bring the hammer done on Drew, so i seriously hope that one of my favorites gets his head back in the game.

Drew is not TC.  I think Topher's tough love is something that will get through to him, plus Krista has consistently been shown with an ability to cut straight through his crap.  He'll be fine.

I wish Topher could be that consistent with his willingness to put up with TC's crap.  He's gotten better about attempting to reign him in since he became chief, but he's still too permissive, and there are times when he actually seems to encourage it.  The sad part is that he's still better than Jordan is or Ragosa was.

NBC could easily get rid of Jordan, Scott, TC, Gwen, and Annie, and the series would still be strong.

Also, Kenny.

I know now why Ragosa is divorced, his ex is a shrewish harpy. And what, hospital emergency rooms have Take Your Daughter To Work days? Topher, who is all kinds of awesome, should have sent that kid packing WITH her beyotch of a mother.

Did we even know TC had a SIL before the episode (two times) before this one? And TC is this hotshot doc who doesn't have a clue how to look for drug use signs? I guess no one during his career as a doctor or medic ever took illegal substances and the subject was never covered in med school. 

Since I assume TC is suppose to be the "star" of this show, he sure gets outshown by the other characters. The writers must really dislike him.

Hate dick-head Drew. As a doctor, he should know how to separate his personal and professional lives. Snap out of it, Drew.

And TC is this hotshot doc who doesn't have a clue how to look for drug use signs?

I got the sense that a lot of her drug problem happened while he and his brother were overseas fighting in the war so he wouldn't have been around to witness it and catch any signs. And then he was too messed up to notice because he was dealing with his own loss and emotional struggle when he came home from the war (especially because it sounds like 1) Jordan managed to keep it from him, and 2) the sister-in-law wasn't around much after he got back; hence, her coming back into his life at this time after a long period away). There's a lot on this show that I can find ridiculous or frustrating, but this, I can believe.

I'm a person who's quick to look past all the plot-holes, bad writing, and bad acting, and a stated TC-lover, so this episode was one of my favorites, and had me on the edge of my seat.

Still loving the new, med-school-wanna-be Ragosa, and the fact that he gets family story lines to really flesh out his prior life is great, I think.

I'm very glad that Dr. Granola still makes an "appearance" even though he can't make a physical one. I like to think that he and Krista had a decent relationship as mentor/mentee as well as the sexual one.

TC, God bless his battered soul... He's about due for another breakdown / "breakthrough" as Jordan would call it after all the events in this episode. I knew this episode was going to be a doozy for him (and predicted as much in the TC thread), so I'm not surprised he snapped at Jordan. (Not saying it was right to do so, just that I can see why.) And I'm glad to think that their Snapping Duel will bring them closer together in the end, and I can look back on it as one of their relationship building moments.

Annie stealing his belongings doesn't make sense to me, on a deeper level, but as I said, I don't let it ruin my enjoyment of the show. Instead, I try to *make* a reason that I can live with, story wise. Meh. I wish we could be rid of her character, because TC being that close to his dead brother's wife creeps me out just a little too much. I know it's not meant to creep me out, and I understand part of my creepiness feeling is my own place in life at the moment, and that's just my opinion. But, story-wise, I also understand if he didn't have Annie to deal with for, presumably, the next few episodes, he wouldn't have many struggles to deal with -- because thinking he's having a baby with Jordan is a Good Thing to him, and the rest of his life he can smile away.

But now I'm just blabbering. So, uh, Kenny and the cop whose name I can never remember. Meh. Don't care either way, personally. Both of those characters are considered comic relief, in my mind, so what they do has no effect on my enjoyment of the show.

And finally, I'm jealous all these people get to repel down various things!

PS. I'm unable to watch this live on TV since the TV is occupied with other shows for others at the time, and I can't find a video online of the next promo, so if someone finds on, let me know, please.

the sister-in-law wasn't around much after he got back;

This makes sense, but what doesn't is TC being all, "Family everything! SIL is FAMILY and you're not, Jordan." I think the woman you are living (or almost living with) with would also be "family." So, points off for you, TC, for not seeing past the "Family" label for people you should be caring about. Friends can also be counted as family. Although, you know, you can CHOOSE your friends, you cannot choose family. So maybe friends should be given a bit more recognition here, TC.

TC being that close to his dead brother's wife creeps me out just a little too much.

I know. I was waiting for topless TC to admit he had sex with SIL, they had such a great time at the bar talking about old times, and her coming on to him pretty much. 

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

@Ohmo, in the summary for 2x09

Drew is alive and kicking. Even kicking ass, it seems.

As for Scott, I like that he's an arrogant ass surgeon. Among so many doctors Taking!It!Personally! more often than Stabler and Benson during a season of Old School SVU, I find his detached/all business character strangely refreshing. As you say, it's typical, so it would be weird if no one was like this. Moreover, he isn't such an ass imo when it isn't about the job, actually.

I'm still trying to give Gwen a chance, but the more they bring up her and Jordan's history, the more it reminds me of Landry, and I how I feel like they are basically the same character (with different jobs), and that Daniella Alonso must have just wanted out or something.  Except Gwen apparently has the hots for Kenny, who I only find OK, while Landry might have been crushing on Ragosa, which would have been awesome if they ever went there.

I really hope the show avoids putting Scott in any kind of love triangle with T.C./Jordan.  I actually hope they focus more on him and Krista in the surgical ward.  I'm curious to see how his methods will rub off on her.

I still mourn Landry/Ragosa, and I coulnd't agree more about Gwen.

It's funny, because the Scott/Krista scene reminded me that I decided to crackship them at the end of last season, LOL. Maybe that's why I wonder whether he could be her love interest in case Chavez doesn't come back *jinx*.

Anyway, after Chavez's yoga method helped her to gain confidence, I would indeed like to see how Scott could be a mentor to her, stricly platonically.

I'd like to know how a woman who just had surgery on her spleen was able to "clean out" TC's apartment of all electronics all by herself. Some of that stuff can be pretty heavy. She probably would have put major stress on her stitches or whatever.

Maybe she had an accomplice? She certainly has a dealer, maybe he helped her do it.

Hey, maybe she was working with the stalker, who was let off the hook offscreen the same way he was arrested!

• Love 2

This makes sense, but what doesn't is TC being all, "Family everything! SIL is FAMILY and you're not, Jordan."

When did he say Jordan wasn't family? I know TC was leaning heavily on the "family is everything" but I never got the sense that he was excluding her with any of his statements. Just that he was mad that Jordan seemed to have no trouble dismissing the sister-in-law (an overreaction but which wasn't entirely his fault because he didn't have all the facts, because Jordan hadn't told him).

Edited by sinkwriter

I was a little ticked off at Jordan's accusations that TC wasn't there for her during the stalker scare. 1) It happened in the course of ONE evening so him not being available (whether it was because he was working or out drinking or sleeping or any reason) or being not reachable by phone is not a massive crime, and 2) if he had known about it (say, any number of times she got threatening texts, she could have mentioned it) I have no doubt he would have been angry on her behalf and there for her in any way he could. So her giving him a lot of shit for that was uncalled for.

As uncalled for as his giving her shit because Scott happened to be there for her when she needed it. He didn't answer the phone or at the very least check his messages before drinking the rest of his evening away, then he doesn't get to be there for her when she called and he has to deal with the fact that someone else was there for her when she needed it.

Honestly, I felt like that whole argument between them about all their various issues was rushed and kind of nonsensical. Like I was supposed to feel for either of them, but the writing made me annoyed with both of them instead.

When did he say Jordan wasn't family? I know TC was leaning heavily on the "family is everything" but I never got the sense that he was excluding her with any of his statements. Just that he was mad that Jordan seemed to have no trouble dismissing the sister-in-law (an overreaction but which wasn't entirely his fault because he didn't have all the facts, because Jordan hadn't told him).

I had the same feeling as @saber5055. He didn't say it out loud, you're right. Nevertheless, during this conversation, he constantly excused Annie's behavior/refused to admit she could be wrong, in spite of having proof that she had lied (about what she took) because she was "family".At the same time, he snapped at Jordan, objected at everything she said, and obviously didn't even give her the benefit of the doubt whereas one thing she had said (again, Annie had taken drugs) had been proven...therefore, his behavior with Jordan was the polar opposite of his behavior with Annie, whom he said was "family". I concluded then that Jordan wasn't "family" for him.

• Love 1

I just thought it was sloppily written. The whole argument would have been solved if she had told TC long ago that his sister-in-law had a drug problem, but her explanation was "I was waiting for the right time to tell you"? How long have they been together again? In all that time, she's never thought to mention she has a stalker or that she and TC's sister-in-law went through a massive amount of drug abuse drama while he was gone? And even when they're in crisis during this episode because he can't believe his sister-in-law took drugs or thinks it must have been a one-time thing (because he doesn't have the experience with his sister-in-law that Jordan has had), Jordan still doesn't seem to take the time to pull him aside and say, "I haven't known how to tell you this but it's important now -- while you were away, your sister-in-law had a massive drug problem and even went to rehab for it"? To say it in the moment of crisis or right after the test that somehow showed she was on something would have seemed believable and appropriate under the circumstances, but they kept having Jordan go off doing other stuff like chat with her friend about the baby or about her friend's interest in Kenny the nurse. I mean... come on. She should have been having a serious conversation with her boyfriend. The writing just baffled me, it didn't seem natural.

I mean... come on. She should have been having a serious conversation with her boyfriend.

Many couples have communication problems. Not that I would know *cough*. So for Jordan to sort of "skip over" telling TC things, especially things that could cause an argument, are very real life IMO. So often it's a friend who tells us what the SO is saying or doing, and not the SO him/herself.

I agree with that. I just felt like the writers laid it on too thick with all the lack of communication. They didn't tell each other so many things -- TC didn't tell Jordan that Annie was in town, Jordan didn't tell TC about having a stalker, Jordan didn't tell TC about Annie having a drug problem, Jordan didn't tell TC that she might be pregnant, etc. 

All of that lack of communication was piled up in one episode, so it felt ridiculous and "too much" to me instead of -- as you talk about -- the natural ways that sometimes couples struggle to communicate.

Edited by sinkwriter

@hacerry, it's on the Night Shift channel on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PWZ8cxGJ4

@sinkwriter Yes, I think that the writers dropped the ball on this one. Although it could have been worse and go on looonger. For me, it wasn't the miscommunication per se that was the issue, since most of the untold things had happened during the previous shift, and were left unsaid for less than a day where TC/Jordan didn't meet. It was the characters reaction (I personally blame the writing for TC here) to the miscommunication that both were guilty of, leading to a dispute of proportions/about issues that imo needed more time to be resolved. Therefore, the resolution sounded indeed rushed and the subject poorly handled (and reflected negatively, for me, on the character of Jordan). That's why, in my case I ended-up as you said upthread annoyed at both. Which is a pity, because I thought that the writing for their relationship had improved a bit.

• Love 1

Man, another show where the dog disappears (Blacklist). Yeah, there's a dog at Jordan's, waiting to go outside to potty and maybe be fed a meal sometime this month. Or year.

Jordan didn't tell TC about having a stalker,

THIS! I would tell everyone immediately because if someone was phone stalking me and trashing my vehicle, I'm right there with the cops, 911 plus anyone anywhere who would listen to me. And TC most of all since they're suppose to be a couple.

One isn't suppose to "suck it up and be tough" when someone is threatening your life. So yeah, the writers made Jordan a dumbass on that one.

• Love 2

This ship has sailed:

-The possibility that I could truly like TC, I'm afraid. Did I hope last week that he'd be supporting and not self-righteous with Jordan? Nope, pissy little boy was back with a vengeance. Me, me, me, my emo! And it was rich that he sounded jealous/incensed that Scott stayed with Jordan (and we know why Scott had to) because unless my memories play tricks on me, he and Jordan were the ones who "cheated", and he was the one who pursued Jordan when she was with Scott. Maybe his refusal to believe that his SIL was an addict was realistic, I don't know, but she manipulated him so easily that he didn't look very smart, to put things delicately.

-The possibility that I could truly love TC/Jordan, I think. After last week (2x05), I would have found the last scene cute. And I could actually see both points in their drama. Now? Back to square one, a.k.a why would she want to be with that guy and why would I want those two together? Yes, it was Jordan's turn to be painted a little too saintly for my taste, but I have more of a problem with how she ended-up imo as a doormat. She was terrorized and he was out drinking, didn't answer/return her calls, then he's pissed off at her and implies that she's not "family", yet she's all happy she's pregnant with him? Although it could have been worse: for a second, I thought that TC was going to ask her if he was the father.

Anyway, that's too bad. I think the show lost an opportunity to make TC and Jordan characters to root for.

After last night's episode, even with the TC coming to his senses about Annie and her drug problems, I am officially OVER TC. I can't stand his character. I could easily fast forward through all of his and Jordan's scenes (and frequently do) and enjoy this show much better.

I'm so annoyed by this pregancy storyline. And I can't see the writers going through with it. I know Jordan is going to lose this baby in some tragic way before the season is done. And I'm really not looking forward to what that will do to TC.

Anyway, I'm really only invested in this show for Drew, Krista, and Topher. And maybe Rogosa.

Edited by Kat
  • Love 1
(edited)
Anyway, I'm really only invested in this show for Drew, Trista, and Topher. And maybe Rogosa.

Definitely Regosa...and I'd keep Kenny.  I'm not a fan of Krista and Kenny, but I like Kenny as a character.

I was so annoyed when TC and Scott began arguing yet again when Annie was going to have surgery.  I realized then how miffed I was that a) The Night Shift didn't make Adam Rodriguez a regular out of the gate and b) he found a pilot.  When Chavez was introduced, the writers had to spend time building the character and his backstory, in addition to tying him to another character (Krista).  While I wouldn't say that I shipped them, anything Chavez or Chavez/Krista was infinitely better than watching TC and Scott continually go at each other.  i don't care about either of them...or Jordan...or Gwen...or Annie.  Come back Joey, and bring Landry back with you.

@Happy Happy, thanks for the additional info re: the spoiler tag.  I can rest easier now.

Edited by Ohmo

I'm so annoyed by this pregancy storyline. And I can't see the writers going through with it. I know Jordan is going to lose this baby in some tragic way before the season is done.

Oh definitely. You can see it coming a mile away.

I'm beginning to like Ragosa, but during his badass save, all I could think was that season 1 Ragosa would be majorly chewing out a semi-PA who did that, and he wouldn't be wrong to. 

• Love 1

Did I dream this, or did TC adopt that dog a few weeks ago (or adopt it for Jordan)? Did the stalker or Annie steal the dog? Seriously, where did it go.

It's with the dog that Lizzie on "The Blacklist" supposedly still has.

• Love 1

TC and Jordan can't keep track of nor take care of a dog, and Jordan is excited she's pregnant?

PLEASE! If they can't be responsible for one living being in their lives, how on earth will they deal with a demanding human baby?

(edited)

TC and Jordan can't keep track of nor take care of a dog, and Jordan is excited she's pregnant?

PLEASE! If they can't be responsible for one living being in their lives, how on earth will they deal with a demanding human baby?

In all honesty, I think the dog was there to be cute (should I mention here that I'm a cat person?) as in a cute way to end the episode and we weren't supposed to remember it or care.

Last week, I'd have said that TC and Jordan can grow up and be responsible parents. I've seen "accidental" parents rule it, Topher way.  This week and with the recent drama, I think the poor not-yet-a-baby is doomed. Although I actually think that having a baby might be an incentive for TC and Jordan to grow the hell up and grow a backbone, respectively. Hey, this show surprised me before, it could happen again !

Come back Joey, and bring Landry back with you.

Yes, please do. In my head canon, I even look forward to Ragosa's daughter/Landry scenes and Landry putting Mrs Ex Money Money Money in her place.

Edited by Happy Harpy

In all honesty, I think the dog was there to be cute (should I mention here that I'm a cat person?) as in a cute way to end the episode and we weren't supposed to remember it or care.

I always remember/care about the animals!

I'm gonna re-watch that "fight" scene between TC and Jordan to try to find another meaning or implication for "and she's family!"... Jordan just doesn't look as hurt as she should if the writers meant to hurt Jordan with that comment...

Jordan just doesn't look as hurt as she should if the writers meant to hurt Jordan with that comment

Maybe because that look on her face is her thinking, "God, TC is such a DICK." ? Because that's pretty much what I was thinking.

(edited)

I'm gonna re-watch that "fight" scene between TC and Jordan to try to find another meaning or implication for "and she's family!"... Jordan just doesn't look as hurt as she should if the writers meant to hurt Jordan with that comment...

Or maybe it's because we're talking about Jill Flint playing Jordan.  Yes, I know that wasn't nice, but JF is the definition of "white bread and mayonnaise" to me.  She's ended up on Royal Pains as Hank's bland love interest, on The Good Wife where Archie Panjabi did a majority of the work (in my opinion), and now she's on The Night Shift bringing her blandness to the character of Jordan.  Very little appears to register with Jill onscreen, which means little registers for the characters that she plays.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1

Off topic, but WOOT WOOT for basketball games! I've never watched basketball in my life, but because the championship is taking the place of a show that my family would normally watch at the same time as my precious Night Shift means I get to watch live and add my number to the viewer count! Oh, oh, and I'll be able to play Reward TV for it too!

Scrubbin' in for my favorite TC with under an hour until showtime! :)