Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Clarity

And it hasn't been the first desperate attemp to draw viewers back this season unfortunately. Emily seeing her father for the first time was spoiled in the sneak peek of episode 4, Emily reuniting with her father wath massively foreshadowed in Episode 7, as was Daniel's death in Episode 10. Margaux getting hit by the car was also shown in the promo, and now this. And that's such a shame, because like you pointed out, Revenge never has been a show where the narrative makes great sense (expect for season 1), but it always had this emotional "wow, omg"-moments that you didn't see coming, like Aiden's death in season 3 or Emily telling Jack the truth at the end of season 2, and now it's all spolied before each episode.

To be fair to season 4, at least EVC does an incredible job playing Emily this season, in my opnion this season is her best performance as an actress os far, that's  what keeps the show going for me at the moment.

It's a new television world. Without those spoilers, many viewers would skip it and wait for the comments after. Then they'd watch it on demand later. At that point, the ratings have already come in. It may not be the wisest strategy, but TPTB have decided that creating early buzz is better to get people to watch it "live."

It's a new television world. Without those spoilers, many viewers would skip it and wait for the comments after. Then they'd watch it on demand later. At that point, the ratings have already come in. It may not be the wisest strategy, but TPTB have decided that creating early buzz is better to get people to watch it "live."

I get that, but I think promos are there to tease, and not to give away everything. Margaux getting hit by the cab is the perfect example in my opnion, the scene is a big shoker, well if you haven't seen the promo already, because otherwise there is noy way you could have seen it coming, which is the point of the whole scene by the way. It would have been enough to show Emily's reaction in the promo to tease the viewers, so they would think about what she might be so terrified of.

The show reached a new low when they ruined the Louise/Nolan relationship because of really bad writing. Louise and Nolan have always been honest with each other so this is utter nonsense IMO. It's annoying because their relationship, messy and all, has been the only remotely positive relationship this show has had all season. I give up.

• Love 3

The show reached a new low when they ruined the Louise/Nolan relationship because of really bad writing. Louise and Nolan have always been honest with each other so this is utter nonsense IMO. It's annoying because their relationship, messy and all, has been the only remotely positive relationship this show has had all season. I give up.

I think that was the point of Louise's character from the start. Why else would they focus on her obsession with Victoria at the beginning of the season and drop it like a fly all of the sudden?

I think that was the point of Louise's character from the start. Why else would they focus on her obsession with Victoria at the beginning of the season and drop it like a fly all of the sudden?

Because that how this show rolls.

• Love 1

Too much to expect consistency from these writers, but that's what happens when they struggle to find anything for their characters to do.  No surprise there actually, it was only a matter of when they would ruin them.

There's really nothing left to buzz about, this show has exhausted pretty much everything at this point: Emily went back to being Amanda and exposed herself to the public, her dad is alive and cleared, most of the Graysons are dead and the revenge is barely existent (at least to drag it out any further), etc.  They tried to pull it with the David Clarke thing and that did not work, none of the desperate plot twists are working.  The only thing they can and should do is end it and not drag it out anymore.

Dropped plot points are the writers' go to response for everything.  As for Louise, she is pointless, her storyline is disconnected from everything else and it dragged nolan down with her and her useless family drama.

Because that how this show rolls.

Unfortunately.

• Love 1

I think Louise is probably on the endangered species list.

Angsty Nolan is no fun. 

Angry Stevie is no fun.

Courtney Love?  Really?   Who did she have to ... know to get that job?

I have always thought Madeline Stowe one of the most beautiful women of our time but I'll be damned if she didn't look like Morticia Adams in that last scene with Margaux.

As the different characters were being shown reacting to Emily's revelation on TV, I couldn't help but think of Tootsie when that Emily came out live on air.   All that was missing was Bill Murray saying "That is one crazy hospital."