Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Jessa's Wedding

(edited)

OMG...just flipped by this and.......

the minister is marrying Jessa and BEN-JER-MIN !!!!!!!

So, so, so funny.

OMG...more framed up shit to put on the walls (the vows). No wonder these fundies love Hobby Lobby.

Yeah...the first kiss was "long and slow and romantic".....hahaha...and took place at least a year ago.

ETA: Jessa to Benjermin: "You like cherries?" 

Edited by drafan
  • Love 12

Ahhh. Long time lurker. But just created an account to bring up "Benjermin." Looks like I was too late.

But I did also want to mention. I like how Jessa was breaking the mold the tiniest bit and going against tradition. Like seeing Bin the day of the wedding and the pink dress. Baby steps.

• Love 5
(edited)

LOL at Ben's dad "So many marriages fail these days." Don't act overly upbeat now!

Guinn is twice the mom Michelle is from what little we've seen of her. So sweet and gracious toward Jessa. Jessa's lucky to have her.

Amazing Grace for the grandparents/parents processional was gorgeous.

Nice but also kind of sad that all JB can say about Jessa is that she's beautiful.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8

New here! but have been watching the Duggars for ages.

Anyone else notice Jessa was barefoot during the rehearsal dinner? Still not sure why..

Also, Jills hair--she couldnt have done it for this occasion?

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh. My. God. I am about 20 minutes behind and I thought the "Benjermin" was a one time thing but he said it multiple times! I cringed so hard. You all were NOT kidding.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

When the bridesmaids & groomsmen were running up the aisle, anyone notice Derrick dip Jill for a kiss? It made me want to vomit.  Josh did the same to Anna in the aisle after Jill's wedding.

I'm liking Bin so much more than Derrick; Bin's seems like a very nice & fun guy. Derrick seems really creepy.

• Love 7

When the bridesmaids & groomsmen were running up the aisle, anyone notice Derrick dip Jill for a kiss? It made me want to vomit.  Josh did the same to Anna in the aisle after Jill's wedding.

Yes. Derick's transformation into a Duggar is complete.

• Love 6

Is the entire wedding party sprinting down the aisle a common thing?   Every wedding I've been in the heels the bride picked for her bridesmaids did not encourage sprinting.   

I'm pretty sure he said "JesseR and BenGerman" after their vows.

• Love 3

Did I see Michaela Bates in the bridal party or was it someone else?

I thought the same thing.

UGH Turd and Anna had to show up at the end---we could have done without those two add JD too so all three.

• Love 2

Is the entire wedding party sprinting down the aisle a common thing?   Every wedding I've been in the heels the bride picked for her bridesmaids did not encourage sprinting.   

I'm pretty sure he said "JesseR and BenGerman" after their vows.

Sounds like a regional accent issue to me...

• Love 4

I thought it was cute that Jackson had his own camera...but then he channeled his dad and went über into the kiss details, even demanding they kiss again.

I was grossed out, but then I got to thinking...the only people he's seen kiss are his parents and Jill and Derick. Ick.

I can't imagine living in this repressed world.

• Love 3
(edited)

Were those.....really the nicest coats the bridesmaids could put over their dresses for the parking lot reception? At least Jinger's was fairly formal. Then again, the wedding planner (looking at you Sierra) should have put up tents and/or heaters.

Could Jessa hide her disdain of Jackson filming any less?

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3

I thoroughly enjoy Jessa's wedding.  My eyes were watering throughout. Ahem. Must be pollen season. What stood out for me were: Jim Bob telling Jessa she was the most beautiful bride he'd ever seen and then catching himself and adding along with Jill and Michelle.  And, when Jessa and Ben were getting ready to leave their reception, Michelle hugged Ben and told him that she loves him.  I don't remember her saying that to Derick. 

• Love 3

WTF?!!! Bin-GERM-in?!! What in holy hell was up with that?!

Jill looked a hot ass mess. She isn't that uncomfortably pregnant that she couldn't run a comb through her hair. Joy, Jinger and Jana looked pretty.

And boy, was Michelle not all up in the mix when Bin and Jessa were about to leave the reception? I was afraid she was going to run off with the groom. I don't think she was anywhere to be found when Derick and Jill were leaving.

Joshie-poo was soooo pissed he didn't think to do the private kiss first.

• Love 8

I wanted to comment on the Benjermin thing...because I seriously was thinking, "Wow, maybe his name really is Ben-JER-min!" Like some strange fundie made up name.

I actually looked it up, as I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 1

It was Derick who grabbed Jill. He said he was going to in James/Jackson's interview -- "I'm going to walk back down with her bc she's my wife." Thanks Einstein -- didn't know that.

Josh's most interesting part of the wedding was "they didn't kiss." Really? Is it THAT interesting? They handled it the way I've seen orthodox Jewish and Muslim weddings handled -- they announce the couple is married, the couple leaves and kisses elsewhere; of course there's no discussion of it after.

I just don't understand WHY 1300 people would drive (fly?) in for this event with their massive families. Then you get there and there's a ceremony that's fine, but then you stand around in a church parking lot in November hoping you get a scoop of ice cream in a plastic cup?! Don't know where the ice cream was for the guests, but seeing what was on that table -- no where there were enough toppings for more than 10-15 people max. And you don't even see or talk to the couple unless you're one of the 20 people standing right up front. Is it SO worth it to be near Duggar royalty for a hr??

Guinn is a real mom. She cried all the way through the ceremony and was just generally emotional the whole way through. The rehearsal dinner she threw beat the Duggars' "reception" by about a million miles. There were actual decorations -- which included flowers and candles and were generally thoughtful. There was actual hot food. While I don't understand necessarily serving chili the night before a wedding, I guess for the rest of the guests it's totally fine; and the plate Ben put together ended up looking a bit more like taco salad rather than just a bowl of chili. Funny how Guinn expressed emotion when seeing Jessa in her dress and referenced seeing her in it the first time. Whereas Michelle was dabbing what looked like fake tears. JB actually cares too. Total dad moment though when he wanted to get a picture with Jessa and Michelle in the bridal room and he went to go stand next to Jessa; at first he was moving her train aside, then he ended up kicking the rest of it out of the way. UMM -- what if it gets shoe spots!? Where were Jinger and Michelle and the wedding planner to make sure no one did that?!

Interesting preview of the honeymoon -- apparently they went to Italy and Paris?? TLC must be paying her well, since neither of them works real job. Love the shot in Italy where someone goes in to kiss Ben on both cheeks (a man) and he freaks out a little, and when he goes in for Jessa you can see her pulling away. Jessa has been raised so repressed that even though she acts cool -- I'm sure she was freaked out by another man kissing her that wasn't JB or Ben.

• Love 10

Was the minister from New York?  I think New Yorkers pronounce an a as a r sometimes.

I got to say I enjoyed this wedding a hundred times more than Jill's.  They may think Jill is nicer but everyone seems much more relaxed around Jessa to me.  Even her mother.

• Love 6

Jill looked a hot ass mess. She isn't that uncomfortably pregnant that she couldn't run a comb through her hair. Joy, Jinger and Jana looked pretty.

Jill looked nasty.  She's like 3-4 months pregnant here, right?  She could have washed and brushed her hair.

• Love 7

Beautiful wedding, my opinion of Bin has risen and I love his mother.  Father - well a bit strange. Jim Boob was a softie and JChelle was nauseating.  The parking lot party?   All I could think of was hot coffee, they couldn't get a couple of industrial perks going there?  

• Love 3

Can someone explain the running out of the church?   Is this a 'thing' down south?  I've never heard of this b4 Jill's wedding.

I live in the south and I have never seen this at a wedding. When I saw Jill do this, now Jessa all I can think is "Yeah now he is going to find a closet or bathroom and throw her dress up and nail her"...yeah I know gross, but they seem most excited about not having chaperones, more so than anything else.

Still bugs the CRAP out of me with all the side hugs within the family.  Ben seems sooooo young.

• Love 7

Is Erin Bates playing the wedding march this time, too? Instead of "more cowbell," is someone back there shouting "more pedal"? Good God. That was dreadful.

Oh so true. It was awful!

• Love 3

Is Erin Bates playing the wedding march this time, too? Instead of "more cowbell," is someone back there shouting "more pedal"? Good God. That was dreadful.

Right? There was this gorgeous soft rendition of Amazing Grace being played, so I was kind of hoping they'd keep on that track for the bridal procession. Nope - our ears were once again assaulted. Was she angry? Did they not pay her or something?

• Love 4

I thought the reception was awkward. It was just a whole bunch of people standing around staring at Jessa and Bin. There was just no energy or excitement. Maybe everyone was just freezing and wanted to get out of there or they were pissed the only food they were being offered was semi-melted ice cream.

I guess Jessa scrapped the hot dogs so she could use the money for her honeymoon. The Duggars suck at entertaining.

• Love 12

I haven't finished watching yet, but since I have a minute, my thoughts:

- a drinking game including the words "special", "precious", or "blessing" would have anyone on the floor drunk. Is their vocab so limited? Are they allowed to go outside the approved fundie-speak?

-the running down the aisle is so ridiculous

-I got a little teary when Jinger spoke at the rehearsal

-I'm sorry but Guinn's hair was horrible! A poofy bubble on top with a wispy, thin ponytail.

- Jessa's dress is gorgeous. Makes me mad that I didn't pick something like that 20 yrs ago instead of the poofy sleeved, lace & beaded 90's dress I had.

-I'm from the Chicago area originally & we got married in Nov. We were so happy that the weather was a "warm" 50 degrees!

• Love 2
(edited)

I enjoyed this wedding much more too actually. I feel sincerity in Ben and even tho he is a dumbass he is surely her loyal dumbass and seems very kind to younger children, which goes a long way with me. His mother is a class act! She looked lovely, unassuming and put on a beautiful rehearsal dinner. The tributes to the deceased grandparents were so thoughtful.

I also was watching Josie like a hawk around that dress...as was Jessa. I was surprised that she was as emotional as she was. I agree with whoever said awhile back that it is a defense mechanism with her. .the acting like she doesn't care. She does it to protect herself. Her slackjawed yokel father made me tear up same as he did at Jill's wedding. Gonna blame it on my Dad dying before my wedding so i think i am more emotional about those moments.

DerrickDillard is a Duggar now for sure and Josh...just go buy some insulin now cus you know the beetus is coming for him real soon.I don't know all the younger boys but the one who acts more "sensitive"for lack of a better word...how old is he? ? He is already losing his hair and can't be more than sixteen!

JD and that other one that looks like him. ..big effin heads on those boys hey?

Mechelle was performing with the phony tears. .i see right through her. Why can't these girls have their own weddings and own identities without JB walking down memory lane waxing poetically about his own wedding all the time? Them kissing up on the stage sickened me too! Always have to have all eyes on them.

I liked the pastor actually. I liked his sense of humour and how he tried to relax Ben and Jessa. Sure did notice his Benjermin too tho. .i was all "wtf did he say? "

I had my son snarking while i watched it so will catch it again tonight and maybe have more to say.

Glad its over. The timelines drive me nuts with TLC.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 5

Was the minister from New York?  I think New Yorkers pronounce an a as a r sometimes.

I got to say I enjoyed this wedding a hundred times more than Jill's.  They may think Jill is nicer but everyone seems much more relaxed around Jessa to me.  Even her mother.

I didn't detect any New York accent myself - in fact when this minister was shown on the episodes from Central America, I didn't hear any accent at all. But maybe it's a different guy and I'm mistaken. And the "ah" sound spoken as "er" is more a Bostonian/New England thing, I think. "Cuber" instead of "Cuba" etc.

• Love 2

I thought the wedding showed their Duggars at both their best and their worst. At their best, there was genuine love and emotion throughout the episode. At their worst, they are so incredibly cheap. It irks me that they pretend they don't have plenty of money to hire professionals and actually feed their guests. Still, I teared up several times and while Bin still seems awfully dumb, I really liked their vows. I also liked that they went off camera for their first kiss, which was clearly a full on make-out session. "Slow, sweet, and romantic" is code for "with lots of tongue," IMO.

• Love 2