Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Jessa's Wedding

Right? There was this gorgeous soft rendition of Amazing Grace being played, so I was kind of hoping they'd keep on that track for the bridal procession. Nope - our ears were once again assaulted. Was she angry? Did they not pay her or something?

Lol at the idea of Boob paying anyone for anything.

• Love 3

Jill looked a hot ass mess. She isn't that uncomfortably pregnant that she couldn't run a comb through her hair. Joy, Jinger and Jana looked pretty.

When Josie wandered into the room and saw Jessa's pristine dress, I just knew she was going to put a booger on it or something.

Jill was so messy it was downright shameful. Michelle never looked unwashed and like she escaped Arkham Asylum. Even if she was feeling sick, she could've run a brush through her hair and put in a neat bun for her sister's televised wedding. Jill is classic Duggar; she is the center of her own universe, and she has a one track mind of stalking her husband and inventing pregnancy. Ok maybe that's two tracks, but she looks off her rocker.

It was Derick who grabbed Jill. He said he was going to in James/Jackson's interview -- "I'm going to walk back down with her bc she's my wife." Thanks Einstein -- didn't know that.

Josh's most interesting part of the wedding was "they didn't kiss." 

I just don't understand WHY 1300 people would drive (fly?) in for this event with their massive families. 

Guinn is a real mom. She cried all the way through the ceremony and was just generally emotional the whole way through. The rehearsal dinner she threw beat the Duggars' "reception" by about a million miles. There were actual decorations -- which included flowers and candles and were generally thoughtful. There was actual hot food. While I don't understand necessarily serving chili the night before a wedding, I guess for the rest of the guests it's totally fine; and the plate Ben put together ended up looking a bit more like taco salad rather than just a bowl of chili. Funny how Guinn expressed emotion when seeing Jessa in her dress and referenced seeing her in it the first time. Whereas Michelle was dabbing what looked like fake tears. JB actually cares too. Total dad moment though when he wanted to get a picture with Jessa and Michelle in the bridal room and he went to go stand next to Jessa; at first he was moving her train aside, then he ended up kicking the rest of it out of the way. UMM -- what if it gets shoe spots!? Where were Jinger and Michelle and the wedding planner to make sure no one did that?!

Interesting preview of the honeymoon -- apparently they went to Italy and Paris?? TLC must be paying her well, since neither of them works real job. Love the shot in Italy where someone goes in to kiss Ben on both cheeks (a man) and he freaks out a little, and when he goes in for Jessa you can see her pulling away. Jessa has been raised so repressed that even though she acts cool -- I'm sure she was freaked out by another man kissing her that wasn't JB or Ben.

I will never understand fools who think that bc you're partnered with someone as a groomsman for one whole hour, that it means your bound to them for life. It's walking down and aisle and standing on a stage, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Josh wanted a kiss bc he's a little bit pervy, and so he could stick his tongue down Anna's throat to try to steal thunder, bc THEY'RE MARRIED. Marriage makes you special snowflakes who can dry hump in front of your kids at golf courses, etc. Remember?

I think 1300 people came, bc these people are so cultist and isolated, that it's like those big gypsy weddings in England, where it's the only opportunity to socialize and find a mate before someone else snatches the better prospects, or the girls age out at 20 years old and become SAHDs. Weddings and homeschool conferences are about all there are for socializing.

Yup. It's going to take years, if it ever takes, for Jessa to get over that repression, but when you've had it ingrained since birth that every man wants to rape you, and you're tempting them 24/7, it's hard not to be freaked out by an innocent welcoming show of affection.

Beautiful wedding, my opinion of Bin has risen and I love his mother.  Father - well a bit strange. Jim Boob was a softie and JChelle was nauseating.  The parking lot party?   All I could think of was hot coffee, they couldn't get a couple of industrial perks going there?  

Guinn seem like a lovely person. A little scared of her husband, but that's understandable. He's raving, I don't think he's physically abusive, don't get me wrong, but we all have that one family member who needs eveyone to walk on eggshells or they'll start ranting and raving about something....sports, politics, religion, economics, the proper way to grow tomatoes, etc.

• Love 15
(edited)

I haven't finished watching yet, but since I have a minute, my thoughts:

- a drinking game including the words "special", "precious", or "blessing" would have anyone on the floor drunk. Is their vocab so limited? Are they allowed to go outside the approved fundie-speak?

-the running down the aisle is so ridiculous

-I got a little teary when Jinger spoke at the rehearsal

-I'm sorry but Guinn's hair was horrible! A poofy bubble on top with a wispy, thin ponytail.

- Jessa's dress is gorgeous. Makes me mad that I didn't pick something like that 20 yrs ago instead of the poofy sleeved, lace & beaded 90's dress I had.

-I'm from the Chicago area originally & we got married in Nov. We were so happy that the weather was a "warm" 50 degrees!

Agree with just about everything. But really wanted to say - oooh, a Fall wedding in Chicago on a 50-degree day? Must have been lovely - Indian Summer.

Edited by Wellfleet

Adding - Josie is Gross, but only bc they LET her be gross. She's too old to lick pepperoni, climb her bare feet all over counters, pick her nose in public, etc., but this is why we have parents, especially mothers, to inform us these aren't socially acceptable behaviors, and to guide us into having manners, but we're talking about Mother of the Year Michelle and Dumb Ass Jim Bob, who'd rather snark on Josie than teach her some manners. That kid is a classic youngest child of worn out parents brat.

• Love 10

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with Jill's feet. The whole not wearing shoes for her wedding, the flip flops, the inappropriate shoes at Jessa's wedding and reception. (After Derick painted her toenails, no less!) It could be something really basic that has gone undiagnosed because isn't it just a "hoot" how Jill loves to go barefoot, but she honestly can't seem to wear shoes. That's weird.

And other than Jessa's dress, I will be watching to see if there is anything classy about the wedding. I'm not of the opinion the TLC picked up the bill for this or the trip to Paris, although I'm betting they were paid for filming, and likely a bonus since they know it will be a big viewership. But Jessa and Ben had a budget, and that money had to come from either their parents and/or PEOPLE type interviews. And we all know the Seewalds aren't rolling in it and JB is cheap. I believe Jessa when she says she cut corners for the honeymoon. Those bridesmaid dresses sure indicate it.

I have webbed toes and flat feet, and go barefoot as often as possible, because I find shoes horribly uncomfortable. At work I'm lucky to get away with wearing these cheap flat sandshoes, that cover the base rule of 'must be black, with enclosed toes', and are bearable because they have a wider toe area, and no built in arch support, which I find excruciatingly painful, and even then I take them off at my desk. So I wouldn't rule out foot problems.

• Love 5

It was nice to see real emotion from Jinger at the rehearsal dinner and Jessa too -- they frontal hugged which is rare for that family. Ben also joined in and definitely had his hand on Jinger's back. I'm surprised JB and Michelle and didn't jump up there and stop it.

Anyone notice that when they were lining up Guinn saw Jinger behind her and presumably realized how emotional she had been all day and grabbed her and hugged and gave her a kiss on the cheek? Their own mom doesn't care enough about such things. Sure Michelle was snuggling up to Ben or rubbing his back as many times as she could, but I don't think it would ever once occur to her to notice one of his siblings having a hard time; frankly I don't think she even noticed Derick at his own wedding -- and he had one hell of a hard time with his mom being in the hospital until the morning of.

• Love 15

Team Guinn. She is lovely.

Boob is a yokel but I totally buy his affection for his kids. I do wish he'd stop tying every single event back to his own milestones, though. Once in a while would be OK, but ALL. THE. TIME. is exhausting.

Binjermin does seem like a nice guy, but, my God, the boy is young. That's my fundamental -- no pun intended -- issue with all these kids. They can't wait to get married so they can screw. What happens years down the road when the screwing has lost its allure and they have to TALK to one another?

I was struck not only by MEchelle's absolute inability to muster any real emotion, but by her obvious preference of Bin over Derick. I wonder if that bothers Jill at all.

• Love 9

There was a lot of talk about the lack of food or even appetizers or something other than sugar after Jill's wedding and many people said the cake and punch stuff is typical for their crowd. I'm wondering if that goes for the hordes of free labor. Is this normal for their crowd or do the Duggars just think they should have all these people help them out? I find it really offensive.

• Love 5

I have webbed toes and flat feet, and go barefoot as often as possible, because I find shoes horribly uncomfortable. At work I'm lucky to get away with wearing these cheap flat sandshoes, that cover the base rule of 'must be black, with enclosed toes', and are bearable because they have a wider toe area, and no built in arch support, which I find excruciatingly painful, and even then I take them off at my desk. So I wouldn't rule out foot problems.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that Jill has foot problems. She's only what - 23 or something? But she's worn flipflops and other hugely-inadequate footwear for years. Eventually that's got to take its toll. In her case, maybe it's now.

• Love 5

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that Jill has foot problems. She's only what - 23 or something? But she's worn flipflops and other hugely-inadequate footwear for years. Eventually that's got to take its toll. In her case, maybe it's now.

Agreed. When we first began watching them, they bought all their shoes at thrift stores. I wonder when Jill had her first quality footwear.

• Love 2
(edited)

There was a lot of talk about the lack of food or even appetizers or something other than sugar after Jill's wedding and many people said the cake and punch stuff is typical for their crowd. I'm wondering if that goes for the hordes of free labor. Is this normal for their crowd or do the Duggars just think they should have all these people help them out? I find it really offensive.

That's another thing Sierra should have thought of, IMO. Kidding. :)  Lord knows she had no budget to speak of. Maybe they did feed them and we didn't see. Probably it was like Jill's wedding where a select few was invited back to TTH for the real reception.

I'm pretty sure the rehearsal dinner is also for the volunteers and serves as the official thank-you to them.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

More thoughts:

- Josh arriving at the last minute was the same plot as the "Brady Brides" movie where Greg makes it just in time.

-Michelle's dress wasn't awful

-I've given up on Derick. So disappointed.

-JB & M, stop making it about you. the Seewalds didn't do this.

- I liked how JB was going to hand Jessa over to Ben when they were rehearsing, & she said "no"- & went with the side hug & forehead kiss instead. a little spark of feminism. I like how she wanted to have unique experiences.

-an Abercrobie jacket? Really Jill?

• Love 4

That's another thing Sierra should have thought of, IMO. Kidding. :)  Lord knows she had no budget to speak of. Maybe they did feed them and we didn't see. Probably it was like Jill's wedding where a select few was invited back to TTH for the real reception.

I'm pretty sure the rehearsal dinner is also for the volunteers and serves as the official thank-you to them.

So Guinn had to put on a spread to thank people for making it possible for Jim Bob to throw a free wedding. Is that about it???

• Love 14

Josh was disappointed about no public first kiss? I was relieved. I cringe with embarrassment seeing the awkward first kisses at these weddings. I still have nightmares about Josh eating Anna's face off. For that alone I am happy that Jessa and BenJERmin decided to have their first kiss off camera.

The only bad part of them having an off camera first kiss is that Jim Boob and Michelle had to make up for it. 

• Love 9

So Guinn had to put on a spread to thank people for making it possible for Jim Bob to throw a free wedding. Is that about it???

Yeah, wow - that IS about the size of it, isn't it? In the case of Duggar girls' weddings, it'll always be the grooms' families who actually throw the better party.

• Love 5

Where to start:

-I do not think Jessa married Ben for his excellent communication skills.

-Ice cream can be moist, but cake can not be. Okay...

-Love makes a happy marriage. Thanks Derick for the news flash...

-Once again the butcher of good and well by the wedding planner or wedding coordinator or whatever she is. How's it going? It is going good.  Major UGH!!!

-The wedding planner reminds me of Michelle, Anna, and Jill. The thing nightmares are made of.

-Why do they make a big freakin' deal about kissing. Geez Louise...Give it a break people...

-Is anxiousness an actual word.

-Yes, we understand Ben and Jessa are getting married. Why keep reminding the viewers of this. The show's editors should be locked in the freezer with the ice cream.

-I am surprise Derick did not stand next to Jill at the alter since she cannot survive to be without him.

-I chuckle at a song usually use at funerals being used at a wedding when Ben and his wedding party came into the church.

-The person playing the wedding march song needs some serious anger management therapy.

-Someone needs to hose down Michelle after she was getting a little too close to Ben in the parking lot.

-Nice grabbing Jill and kissing her Derick. Keep it klassy people!!!

-No one said practice makes progress, and progress makes babies. I am so disappointed.

-The minister and the way he was saying Benjamin. Classic...

(edited)

-Love makes a happy marriage. Thanks Derick for the news flash...

-Is anxiousness an actual word.

-Someone needs to hose down Michelle after she was getting a little too close to Ben in the parking lot.

Yes anxiousness is a word. 

What happens when Ben finds out that love built for a lifetime is about more than kissing and getting laid.

Michelle is just vile. Get off your son-in-law. I don't know which was more disgusting... watching her all over Ben or JB and Michelle providing the "first kiss". I would love to hear what Jessa really thought when she found out her parents did the demo kiss.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2

Random thoughts while watching the episode:

The only words those closest to her can think to describe their relationship is "cute, fun, and love".  Gee, how special!

When Mr Shadt asks how their relationship is going, they just say "good.  going well."  Oooooookay.  

Sierra's accent is so similar to Jill's and Joy's.  I guess it's an Arkansas thing.

1300 people is just excessive.  So very excessive and unecessary, especially for people who have always trumpeted their prudent use of money.   

And having a huge army of volunteers make brownies.  There are so much better uses of their time!  Just buy the dang brownies.  For some reason I feel uncomfortable with the volunteer army, and Sierra doing a 1300 person wedding "by herself".  Why?  I can certainly see friends and family helping out and donating their talents out of love for the couple.  I had the same for my wedding.  But THAT many people, and the girls seem to assume that's just what HAS to be done- "couldn't pull off a duggar wedding without all these volunteers!"  Well then why not have a wedding you can pull off without massive amounts of free labor?  It just doesn't seem right to me somehow.  Unless they all just wanted a moment of being as close to fame as they'll ever get by making Jessa's brownies or scooping Jill's ice cream?

FARRRRR too many hands in the brownies! And I noticed only women volunteers in the kitchen. Even without commercials, this episode was interminable.

Jill has those super nice walking sandals that Derick gave her. I think her feet are fine; she just CHOOSES to wear shitty shoes most of the time. Jessica Seewald wore some awesome nude pumps. The other girls should have at least gone with the nude pump, in a height that was comfortable. But NO flats! Joy wore brown ballet flats, and they were HIDEOUS with those dresses. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Do people really have that big of a problem with women wearing flats? I have really flat feet and can't wear heels for more than a few minutes before my feet start cramping so badly that I can't walk anymore. I wore flats at my wedding (and I'm sure people here will clutch their pearls at this, but I wore Chucks) and every wedding I've ever been a bridesmaid for or attended. I've never heard anyone complain to me about it before. (And, no it's not widely known that I have flat feet. People just didn't care).

Edited by AnyoneButYou
  • Love 10

I can't wear flats (my heels are too narrow) but I can wear pumps. There are all kinds of reasons why someone may think they can't wear shoes, but mostly because they don't know that there are really good (and often pricier) options out there.

And I thought it was sad when Grandma Duggar said the secret to a good marriage was sacrifice. I've been married nearly 25 years in a Christian marriage, and no, that's not the secret.

• Love 4
(edited)

I can't wear flats (my heels are too narrow) but I can wear pumps. There are all kinds of reasons why someone may think they can't wear shoes, but mostly because they don't know that there are really good (and often pricier) options out there.

And I thought it was sad when Grandma Duggar said the secret to a good marriage was sacrifice. I've been married nearly 25 years in a Christian marriage, and no, that's not the secret.

20 years here (I was already a mature "career woman" when I finally settled down). I'd also add compromise. Jessa may be willing now, but will she in five years after she's run Binjermin into the ground? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sorry, TessHarding2, but you will not get Ben and Jerry's ice cream at a Duggar bash. The guests are lucky that they got the Walmart special.

Mullet's voice got so high when talking to Josie, she made my dog howl.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 9
(edited)

Sacrifice certainly shouldn't be the secret - it was sad that Grandma said that. But maybe in her case, it was the secret.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 5

I enjoyed the pastor stating that no where in the bible does it state that the first kiss is to be delayed until marriage. He wanted to be "very clear" on that.

That was awesome, wasn't it? Worth watching the whole rest of the show, just for that moment.

• Love 8
(edited)

Lord have mercy...Bin is not the brightest bulb in the string, is he? Jessa definitely didn't marry him for intellectual conversation,  Every time he mentioned "In 24 hours..." I would finish his sentence for him, "....I'm gonna get LAID."  First kiss, my ass. That boy was waiting for the good stuff. 

And because it cannot be said enough, SHUT UP MICHELLE, you kewpie doll voiced mental patient.

Jinger was so sweet. She and Guinn were the ones showing genuine, unrehearsed emotion. 

Erin Bates. Please stop torturing innocent piano keys.  POUND, POUND, POUND.

I enjoyed the pastor stating that no where in the bible does it state that the first kiss is to be delayed until marriage. He wanted to be "very clear" on that.

No, it's only stated and enforced by overly controlling parents who did not follow the same rules when they were dating, but force them upon their children, anyway, just for show. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 17

I have to say -- like mother like daughter.

Everyone is gathered around Jessa admiring her dress and telling her how nice she looks. Where is Jill? Jill is wandering around in the background looking for something for herself. Of course, there was no sign of J'chelle. Why would she be there?

• Love 5

JOSIAH!

Did anyone else notice his flip phone? Everyone else gets nice iPhones but he has an ancient cell phone. Uh huh.

Ben is so awkward it makes me uncomfortable.

• Love 1
(edited)

eta:  Ok I just finished reading all the comments and obviously I wasn't the only one who noticed this LOL  - the minister's pronunciation of "Benjamin" was so bizarre.  He kept saying "Benjermin" with emphasis on the r.  Please tell me his name isn't actually Benjermin, is it?

-Jill has looked like a hot mess since her own wedding.  I get that she's pregnant, but when you're in your sister's wedding, have someone do your hair so it's not a frizzy flyaway poofball, and throw on some makeup.  And at least for the pictures, stand up, put your feet together, and smile.  

- what is the idea behind same-sex family members doing side hugs?  serious question.  It seems so awkward to me.  Occasionally they do frontal hugs, so I don't get what determines when they do sidehugs and when they do regular hugs?  

- Ben is seriously the most inarticulate, rambling, space cadet I've ever seen.  He can't even think of a basic answer to a basic question.  All this time I've been hoping it's nerves in front of the camera, but it's been a year now.  Is this how he is all the time?  He ends up sounding so incredibly dorky and really dumb.  How can Jessa stand it?  I mean he's cute and has a good body, so I'm not surprised she wanted him for a boyfriend at first, but how does she not get embarrassed every time he opens his mouth?  She really wants to listen to that for the rest of her life?  *I* get second-hand embarrassment for him every time he's on the screen.  And how on earth will he become a pastor when he can't speak?

- I know everyone snarked on Jill's bridesmaid dresses, but hers were way better than these.  These were awful, I'm so surprised they are what Jessa picked.  And they did no one's bodies any favors.  

Edited by bren70
  • Love 3

Guinn's hair looked like something from Hee Haw.

No woman over 40 (Guinn's age) should try to rock a side pony. Especially if one's hair is already baby fine to begin with. My hair is very similar to Guinn's in length and style (although I have more hair and with menopause, it got a little wavy), and I would NEVER do that. She should have stuck with beachy waves. After all, she just had to get through the ceremony and an hour reception. These people corner the market on hairspray; certainly, they could have found something akin to 80's Aquanet to hold up a wavy style for two hours. Maybe 3 with pictures. 

• Love 1

Even though I wasn't raised Fundie, I would have had the same reaction as Jessa if a strange man in a foreign country kissed me on the cheek. I'm fine with showing that type of affection to friends and family members but not strangers, regardless of what the local customs are.

I'm also wondering why the Duggars are bothering with a jender reveal episode when we've known for months that Jill is having a boy.

• Love 2

-The person playing the wedding march song needs some serious anger management therapy.

This made me guffaw. You sure are right - I just watched it and MY GOODNESS! Someone is frustrated! Was that the same person who played the piano at Jill's wedding?

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved the pastor addressing the audience: "And the more I talk, the more the couple gets to kiss in private. So if I can have your attention for three hours...."  I'm glad the kiss was private and just for the two of them.

I will say this only for Jessica and Benjermin - I didn't mind the sand ceremony! In the Duggars' cultish circle, people who wed are so mind-numbingly traditional, so I appreciated that little bit of creativity. Their vows, while handwritten, did appear to echo each other in a nice way. I adored Jessa's dress (though I found the back a little intensely billowy). 

Appreciated Guinn's effort during the reception. It made me sad to hear Jessa say that the wedding was shabby chic because they were reusing Jill's decor. I know it's a hopeless cause, but I wish that the Duggar weddings were smaller. That way the girls could devote more resources to decor, and the guests wouldn't feel shortchanged. My gosh, there's barely any food and no dancing. What the hell do you even do at these functions, as a guest? Why bother going?

I know Ben is no genius and his adherence to Duggar rules is based in his own beliefs, but so many times during the rehearsal, I felt like "Okay, a couple might kiss at this point." I felt like they legitimately wanted to kiss - not in a giggly, oooh, kissing fashion (see the early days of JoshAnna) - but because it's just natural. at that point in time The lack of any contact feels awkward.

Edited by AltLivia
  • Love 7

I thoroughly enjoy Jessa's wedding.  My eyes were watering throughout. Ahem. Must be pollen season. What stood out for me were: Jim Bob telling Jessa she was the most beautiful bride he'd ever seen and then catching himself and adding along with Jill and Michelle.  And, when Jessa and Ben were getting ready to leave their reception, Michelle hugged Ben and told him that she loves him.  I don't remember her saying that to Derick.

I'm sure Anna's feelings won't be hurt by that....

Guinn's hair looked like something from Hee Haw.

All right, that jarred my memory. She looked like Ellie Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies with 1 ponytail instead of 2.

• Love 4

Interesting preview of the honeymoon -- apparently they went to Italy and Paris?? TLC must be paying her well, since neither of them works real job. Love the shot in Italy where someone goes in to kiss Ben on both cheeks (a man) and he freaks out a little, and when he goes in for Jessa you can see her pulling away. Jessa has been raised so repressed that even though she acts cool -- I'm sure she was freaked out by another man kissing her that wasn't JB or Ben.

I actually don't think Boob kisses his daughters. Seriously, doesn't he restrict himself to side hugs with them, too? In case he might get defrauded by his own daughter oh god pass the brain bleach please....

I only half watched, so I'm sure I will have more thoughts if I see the episode again, but I have a few initial thoughts...

Re: people photos: knowing that Jessa leans towards the vain side of things my own personal theory is that those pictures my have been taken pre baby to be released as pregnancy pics, we can't risk Blessa looking fat once she actually is pregnant ... So she took some shots to have on the ready. ( no, I am not being serious)

Well, like I said I wasn't actively watching... But I had been wondering if the Bates were at the wedding... But once I heard the piano at the rehersal I had no doubt that Erin was at least there.

I also have a theory as to why Michelle seemed maybe sadder for Jessa to leave than Jill (and im being serious about this one). I think that since Jessa is often referred to as "the pretty one", and Michelle seems to feel like that was also her role in life, she may feel like she relates to her better.

Speaking of Michelle, when Jessa said something about her parents being home helping get the children ready... I mean I know this is discussed ad nauseum... But "help" they should be getting the kids ready... Ugh!

• Love 1
(edited)

*Holy crap, Michelle fed one of her kids (the peanuts to Jessa)!  Too bad that kid is 22 and getting married and not one of the Little Lost Girls.

* I can't help but picture a future Josie as a 17-year-old barefoot girl, picking her nose and staring into space while Michelle shrieks inanities at her in that incredibly high-pitched voice.

* Guinn is just wonderful.  She has a warmth about her that is refreshing and makes Michelle look SO much worse by comparison.

* I'm sorry, but Sierra is a pretty shitty wedding planner.  Her missteps at both this wedding and Jill's are too many and ridiculous to outline here.  40 degrees might not be considered cold by many of us, but in Arkansas, it's chilly.  She shouldn't have been calling around to shops looking for heaters the morning of the wedding.  Also, where was the seating outside at the reception?  Oh, I forgot- you don't need to sit down when you aren't being served anything to eat except for a light snack.  

* Speaking of light snacks, I love the fact that Jessa dared to go against her controlling parents and do a few things her way, but I hated that she served her guests and volunteers a plastic cup of ice cream with a sprinkling of toppings (for the first 30 people) as a thank you for attending and/or helping.  

* Benjermin.  Just . . . Benjermin.  I also hated it when that moronic pastor said, "Ya'll ready?" three or four times.  It was as if he was trying to be cute and sassy, but it just came off douchey and inappropriate for the event.  His teasing about the first kiss taking three hours wasn't cute either.  

* I just want to take a second to remind everyone that this poor boy who can just barely express himself is 19-YEARS-OLD.  19.  

* I had such incredibly high hopes for Derick, but like many of you, I think tonight was the beginning of the end where my respect for him is concerned.  I hated that he copied Josh's kiss-in-the-aisle routine as folks left the stage.  Derick is drenched in Koolaid.

* Shut up, Josh.

(A quick note to the producers: This is the last Duggar wedding you can televise without inducing severe burnout in your viewing public.  What more could you possibly show us?  Let me know when a Duggar girl gets married in a maternity dress and maybe I'll watch another wedding out of pure curiosity.)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 11