Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Jessa's Wedding

My prediction: At the close of the episode, we'll see some "special footage," shot recently, in which Bin and Jessa will announce they're pregnant. 

IMO, she's clearly pregnant in the People Magazine photo spread, and they're waiting until after the wedding is broadcast to announce it. 

• Love 4

I saw the people magazine photos too. Very clearly pregnant.

Are you talking about the pics posted with Bin and Jessa making the heart shape from their hands over her stomach? Or are there other People photos out there? I need to speculate!

• Love 3

My prediction: At the close of the episode, we'll see some "special footage," shot recently, in which Bin and Jessa will announce they're pregnant. 

IMO, she's clearly pregnant in the People Magazine photo spread, and they're waiting until after the wedding is broadcast to announce it. 

They are going to hold off announcing anything until Ben turns 20. Even though it's only a year, announcing you're going to be a father at twenty is better than announcing you're going to be a father at nineteen (which is something most people actively discourage for a reason!). 

• Love 2

Go to Jessa and Ben's thread and go back a couple of pages and you'll see it.

Is it is the one with the heart over the stomach?  I saw that one but you can tell it's completely photoshopped.  That does not even look like Jessa's face - plus the ill placement of Ben.  I could be wrong but doesn't look like the People mag quality of photos. 

It seems by the previews, Benessa got to write their own vows -good for them. At least we won't have to hear Boob & MEchelle bragging about having the same vows like they did with Jerick.

Does anyone know if Benessa have a Covenant marriage?

Is it is the one with the heart over the stomach?  I saw that one but you can tell it's completely photoshopped.  That does not even look like Jessa's face - plus the ill placement of Ben.  I could be wrong but doesn't look like the People mag quality of photos. 

It was a screenshot from the "Here's Our Hizzouze!!!!!" video. That explains why it was kind of blurry; they were moving. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
Note Muffy in her zip-up hoodie and Uggs. Stay klassay, Jill.

That makes me laugh. In all fairness to her, though, it was probably chilly out, and maybe her feet were swollen ... but yes, there would have been other ways to dress warmly and comfortably.

• Love 2

The view from Famy's Iphone. Note Muffy in her zip-up hoodie and Uggs. Stay klassay, Jill.

As for Jessa, one has to wonder who she's throwing shade at....this time??? 

https://instagram.com/p/05-YIKNkKA/

Yes, but it goes with parking lot reception, so I'm not sure she's really all that badly dressed for the occasion. If anything, one could argue that Jessa is over dressed for her parking lot partay. An Allure gown and hotdogs aren't exactly simpatico.
  • Love 8

Did they really need that supersized light reflector? I get the camera and the boom, but the light reflector is a head-scratcher. I can see a photographer using one, but not one nearly so large, even for her huge wedding party. 

I can't snark on anyone who's forced to freeze their ass off eating ice cream in a parking lot in November.

As far as Jessa, I agree she's already pregnant. She definitely looks fuller figured in recent pics and it's a puffy kind of fuller not a fat gain kind of fuller. I think she's going to pull a total F.U. on Jill and announce right after Wonder Baby is born.

• Love 3

No. It was a People Magazine spread -- tour Bin and Jessa's home, or something. Here's the gallery:

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20903979_30302953,00.html

She's not sporting a huge belly, and she looks great. But her face and figure are fuller. And there's the strategically placed guitar. 

If she's not pregnant, especially in the pic where they're tossing a sheet over the bed, she should burn that dress, bc she definitely has a belly that looks pregnant. If she was married in the beginning of Nov. and that's a recent (within a few days) photo, she may have had a honeymoon baby, too.

Oh, and I see Jessa's KNEES IN TIGHTS - I'm defrauded. She's turned me lesbian. I will now leave to break the news to my husband, unless he saw the pic and is a lesbian now, too. (Makes as much sense as the rest of their NIKE rules).

Yes, but it goes with parking lot reception, so I'm not sure she's really all that badly dressed for the occasion. If anything, one could argue that Jessa is over dressed for her parking lot partay. An Allure gown and hotdogs aren't exactly simpatico.

Jill looks like an idiot. Like a big, overgrown, arrested development, cheap, idiot. She wants to have as many babies as she can, so why not invest in a maternity coat, or at least a sweater, that fits. She'll get a lot of wear out of it, not look like a frumpy bum and not break her own modesty rules of 1) drawing attention to herself and 2) wearing men's clothing.The fake UGGS look stupid, too. I get that pregnant feet don't feel comfortable in heels, and it's cold in Nov. in Arkansas, but seriously, go to DSW or Marshall's and buy a pair of dressier boots or flats. You have enough siblings and friends, plus you don't work, but attend church every week, so you'll get a lot of wear out of some shoes that go with dressier clothes and don't look like a 4 year old chose them. I hope Jessa, who does seem to have some style, told her she looks like an idiot.

Also note that in the 4th pic, it says Ben is considering being a pastor. Jessa will love the attention and Queen Bee status she gets from being an evangelical Pastor's wife. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 9

Recently, Ben cooked Jessa dinner, serving it with a note that read, "Your smile brightens my spirit like the first gleams of sunrise after a crisp autumn night in the Arkansas Ozarks."

Oh, Bin!

• Love 4

If she's not pregnant, especially in the pic where they're tossing a sheet over the bed, she should burn that dress, bc she definitely has a belly that looks pregnant. If she was married in the beginning of Nov. and that's a recent (within a few days) photo, she may have had a honeymoon baby, too.

Oh, and I see Jessa's KNEES IN TIGHTS - I'm defrauded. She's turned me lesbian. I will now leave to break the news to my husband, unless he saw the pic and is a lesbian now, too. (Makes as much sense as the rest of their NIKE rules).

Jill looks like an idiot. Like a big, overgrown, arrested development, cheap, idiot. She wants to have as many babies as she can, so why not invest in a maternity coat, or at least a sweater, that fits. She'll get a lot of wear out of it, not look like a frumpy bum and not break her own modesty rules of 1) drawing attention to herself and 2) wearing men's clothing.The fake UGGS look stupid, too. I get that pregnant feet don't feel comfortable in heels, and it's cold in Nov. in Arkansas, but seriously, go to DSW or Marshall's and buy a pair of dressier boots or flats. You have enough siblings and friends, plus you don't work, but attend church every week, so you'll get a lot of wear out of some shoes that go with dressier clothes and don't look like a 4 year old chose them. I hope Jessa, who does seem to have some style, told her she looks like an idiot.

Re; Jessa, she is so pregnant. And I'm guessing she's around 4 months along. She'll probably announce right after Jill gives birth. TLC and the Duggars have to be loving this pissing contest.

Re; Jill, I don't disagree, but what do you expect? The girl has never known how to dress herself. She is Michelle 2.0, look at what she's got on her feet for Jessa's wedding -- summer thongs, for a NOVEMBER 1st wedding. Enough said.

• Love 5

Jill didn't even wear heels as part of the wedding party. She wore flat, open-toed sandals. So really, no reason for her to change shoes. It wasn't that cold of a day. I remember checking and the temp was in the upper 50's/low 60's. I'm sure she had a nicer sweater somewhere, rather than wearing that crap jacket and winter boots. ESPECIALLY given that as a bridesmaid and a Duggar, she was bound to be photographed during the ENTIRE day. The reception probably only lasted an hour (like Jill's...they pretty much kicked people out of the parking lot of HER reception). For such a short time, why non just deal with it until she got back to the TTH and could change into a different outfit. 

These people are terrible at planning ahead...with the possible exception of the bride. 

• Love 3

This family just does everything wrong. Who has a reception in a dang parking lot?? If you're going to have that many guests, then rent a proper venue and buy sandwich and fruit platters from Costco. And have plenty of tables and chairs for your guests. And Jill's shoes weren't ordinary open toed sandals, they were thongs; they looked stupid with the dress she wore. They would have been really cute on someone wearing a casual cotton summer dress/skirt or pair of shorts.

• Love 6

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with Jill's feet. The whole not wearing shoes for her wedding, the flip flops, the inappropriate shoes at Jessa's wedding and reception. (After Derick painted her toenails, no less!) It could be something really basic that has gone undiagnosed because isn't it just a "hoot" how Jill loves to go barefoot, but she honestly can't seem to wear shoes. That's weird.

And other than Jessa's dress, I will be watching to see if there is anything classy about the wedding. I'm not of the opinion the TLC picked up the bill for this or the trip to Paris, although I'm betting they were paid for filming, and likely a bonus since they know it will be a big viewership. But Jessa and Ben had a budget, and that money had to come from either their parents and/or PEOPLE type interviews. And we all know the Seewalds aren't rolling in it and JB is cheap. I believe Jessa when she says she cut corners for the honeymoon. Those bridesmaid dresses sure indicate it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Random thoughts while watching the episode:

The only words those closest to her can think to describe their relationship is "cute, fun, and love".  Gee, how special!

When Mr Shadt asks how their relationship is going, they just say "good.  going well."  Oooooookay.  

Sierra's accent is so similar to Jill's and Joy's.  I guess it's an Arkansas thing.

1300 people is just excessive.  So very excessive and unecessary, especially for people who have always trumpeted their prudent use of money.   

And having a huge army of volunteers make brownies.  There are so much better uses of their time!  Just buy the dang brownies.  For some reason I feel uncomfortable with the volunteer army, and Sierra doing a 1300 person wedding "by herself".  Why?  I can certainly see friends and family helping out and donating their talents out of love for the couple.  I had the same for my wedding.  But THAT many people, and the girls seem to assume that's just what HAS to be done- "couldn't pull off a duggar wedding without all these volunteers!"  Well then why not have a wedding you can pull off without massive amounts of free labor?  It just doesn't seem right to me somehow.  Unless they all just wanted a moment of being as close to fame as they'll ever get by making Jessa's brownies or scooping Jill's ice cream?  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 10
(edited)

Bin is a special, special snowflake ain't he? *

Three things. Guin is sweet and has class, the dinner is 10x the wedding reception. Ben: Ice cream =Moist? Really. And finally JChelle rubbing Ben's back. Oh dear.

MEchelle is a sinning Mrs. Robinson HUSSY!!

Grandpa Duggar was a handsome man!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 7
(edited)

Oh, and Bin has "seen some movies" so he has an idea how to kiss!  Ha ha.  Does his mother know he's been watching these movies?!  And MOIST- I love it!!!  We know what's on his mind!  "In the next 24 hours, no more chaparones"!  

Ok, 15 minutes in and we've heard "precious" 10 times!  Drink!

Oh nooooo, Michelle and Guinn are two of a kind?  Time will tell!  

I feel so much for Jinger.  This has to be so tough for her.  The house must be lonely for her without her right hand gal.  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 6

I would rather hear how Ben plans to provide for his family than a pregnancy announcement. That would be more special for me.

Probably from whatever income they're getting from People Magazine and following Jessa on speaking tours. I see what you're saying and agree. He's going to but really confused and then angry if he finally realizes Jessa pulls the strings and is the breadwinner (I want to say 'wears the pants', but...........)

• Love 2
(edited)

No matter the snark, Jinger is going to make me cry tonight!  Guin`s table to honor the two deceased grandfather's was really sweet.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 7
(edited)

I feel so much for Jinger. This has to be so tough for her. The house must be lonely for her without her right hand gal.

This is why Jim Bob & Mullet's parenting has failed. When you make it so that your children are only allowed to be best friends with each other, it is bound to cause separation anxiety when your only friend gets married. They have emotionally crippled their children. Maybe if they had friends outside their family, it wouldn't be so devastating to marry off a sibling.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 11

Guinn did a hell of a job with the rehearsal dinner. She must have been majorly insulted to hear Jessa compare her to Michelle.

I loved how Jim Shadt made it a point to say kissing wasn't a sin.

I admit I teared up during Jinger's speech. It was one of the rare true moments of emotion that we've seen from a Duggar.

• Love 18
(edited)

Jessa is so over anyone being upset. She really just wants to get laid.

MEchelle: "I'll cry later." Sure you will. About the time you realize there's one fewer pair of hands to cook, wash, or clean something.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 19
(edited)

I'm 45 minutes in and I don't know how much more I can take of Ben's ineloquent ramblings. Someone stop the bleeding.

Really, it never occurred to Sierra that it may be cold in November? If she's using the show as an audition for future gigs she needs to work on her skills.

Also, glad Ben voiced what many thought here after they heard Frito Pie was being served - the ugly consequences to one's stomach!

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8

50 degrees is not cold. Hell we would be thankful for it in Chicago right about now.

I used to live in Chicago and I agree, but standing in thin fabric like those bridesmaids' dresses would make me shiver. While also eating ice cream. And standing in a parking lot.

• Love 7

I don't believe I am writing this but Sierra is getting on my nerves more than Boob.

She's okay in small doses, but she's making little blunders (the lack of heaters in fall) and she seems so frazzled by every little thing that it puts me off her as a planner. I get that it's a TON of work, but half the battle is looking like you have everything under control and not going to pieces. Or maybe I've just seen The Wedding Planner too many times.

• Love 4

I used to live in Chicago and I agree, but standing in thin fabric like those bridesmaids' dresses would make me shiver. While also eating ice cream. And standing in a parking lot.

I would have thought that Sierra would have thought to get tents or a bigger church to accomidate everyone. Besides the cold just the shear tackyness of a parking lot is not precious or special just CHEAP.

• Love 4