Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I have no idea what Angela does for a living, but I do wonder if maybe they cut some of senior girls some slack when it comes to conflicts with work/school commitments. Angela was gone for a while for her wedding/honeymoon, and maybe another long trip just wouldn't work and Kelly and Judy were more lenient with a seasoned veteran.

I have no idea what Angela does for a living, but I do wonder if maybe they cut some of senior girls some slack when it comes to conflicts with work/school commitments. Angela was gone for a while for her wedding/honeymoon, and maybe another long trip just wouldn't work and Kelly and Judy were more lenient with a seasoned veteran.

That's what I think - that more slack gets cut with Vets. I mean, when they've got engagements almost year-round, when can you get time off for a wedding? A honeymoon? Maybe a work constraint? I know Kelli is strict, but there needs to be some wiggle room for those types of things. I'm just glad Angela is trying out again.

• Love 1

I just wonder if K&J go to the group leaders or co group leaders and asked them to stay another year. I wonder if with so many leaving maybe the did something to intice them to stay on.....more money. I mean they lost almost all of there lead and co leads. angela was not on the calendar shoot..so maybe something happened to make her change her mind.

You make a good point. Not sure about outright bribery but they are definitely reminded about the perks... show group, uso, travel, group leader, prominent dance positions. For example, I found the London trip to be a little off,  instead of sticking with show group - it was changed to group leaders & only some show group members which was clearly only changed for Angela and Nicole because all the other GLs were on SG.

Edited by pink317

Any thoughts on who will be helping Judy teach the semi-finals dance and kick line? Last year, Lauren, Mia and Jackie were assisting her.

Emma, Katy, or Sydney

I forgot Angela went to London. I wonder if her visa might limit how often she can travel?

Would that still be an issue seeing that she's married to a U.S. citizen? They've been married for over a year now, so not sure if there are limitations or not.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Angela might have been wanting to retire so she could have kids. She around 30 now, isn't she? She danced for the AFL during or after college and she's going into her 5th year with the DCC. Maybe she and her hubby decided kids could wait another year so she could have a 5th season.

Texas legands seem to have great cheerleaders i hope alot of them audition next year

According to the TLD Twitter page, three of them made it to semi finals for the R&B dancers.

https://instagram.com/p/1ot-EXkotI/

Is the girl in red Amy from Rockford?

I'm glad Angela is auditioning again; I rooted for her since season 6.

Edited by MrsEVH

I read the message on the instagram of the R&B dancers, and it says, "2015 Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers."  These dancers are associated with the Cowboys organization? 

I read the message on the instagram of the R&B dancers, and it says, "2015 Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers."  These dancers are associated with the Cowboys organization? 

Yes they are. They're a co-ed hip hop dance team.

I read the message on the instagram of the R&B dancers, and it says, "2015 Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers." These dancers are associated with the Cowboys organization?

Yeah, they don't dance on the field at games. They dance on the upper levels behind each endzone. Nobody really pays attention to them to be honest

• Love 1

Yeah, they don't dance on the field at games. They dance on the upper levels behind each endzone. Nobody really pays attention to them to be honest

Ohhhhh that's cold blooded! Poor things dancin their hearts out.

Edited by Paige turner

Sydney already shut down her DCC twitter account. There are a few pictures of the girls who are retiring from the year end banquet on Thursday. I believe thirteen girls are leaving the team.

Sydney, Nicole, Katy, Emma, Jordan, Brittney, Veronica, three year vet Jennifer, three year vet Ashley, Abby, Samantha, two year vet Jessica, and Courtney.

The handles are changed when the new TCCs are announced.

DCRB also dance on the plaza, were part of the Halloween half time show, etc. OBviously they won't be mentioned on MTT but they are a part of the Cowboys spirit team like DCC, Rowdy, etc. I don't think DCC gets that much attention once the game starts. Search DCRB on YouTube, they are pretty good! Kelli helped design a version of their uniform.

• Love 1

DCRB also dance on the plaza, were part of the Halloween half time show, etc. OBviously they won't be mentioned on MTT but they are a part of the Cowboys spirit team like DCC, Rowdy, etc. I don't think DCC gets that much attention once the game starts. Search DCRB on YouTube, they are pretty good! Kelli helped design a version of their uniform.

I wondered who all the other dancers were who were on the field with the DCC during the Halloween Half Time show. Now I know!  Cool.

Amy Simone = amazing! I dont think she'll make DCC because she has a booty and no thigh gap (which says more about DCC than it does about Amy and I would love to be proven wrong) but she is an amazing dancer. Seriously impressed.

Wait, is Courtney Johnson the one who tried out last year or year before or something, had an article written about her? She looks so familiar...cute dancer but the two Michelle Keys featured last week blow her away.  Need to watch more of Amy's stuff...I see her commenting on recent pics of other DCC's, like "SO great meeting you/pow wow ing/getting to know you"...she is definitely trying to make friends with the current girls! 

• Love 1

Kelli said she liked Amy Simone, thought she was cute. But the general consensus from the judges as a whole was she did great with her own style of dancing, and not so well with the DCC style of dance.  That's why she wasn't passed on to finals. Not because of a booty or lack of thigh gap. Many of the current DCCs don't have a thigh gap, only some of the more thin, gangly girls like Mary, Jinelle, Kelsey, etc.

• Love 1

Yup, they do love the long legged. :)

I wondered if Meagan might try out again this year. I know she was cut because she was stockier.  But she said herself she wasn't in the best of shapes to try out, and if Vivian could come back and almost make it on the team (I believe she sabotaged herself), then I think Meagan is a terrific candidate representative of the stocky tribe to come back.

Lol, y'all took the thigh gap comment too seriously! I meant she has curves and thicker thighs. I think saying no 'thigh gap' is nicer than saying a person has thick thighs! Thick has a connotation of fat IMO. I would love for her to make DCC but I don't see it especially after uniform fittings but I would LOVE to be proved wrong. I want some talented ethnic girls on the team that have real bodies!

• Love 1

Wait, is Courtney Johnson the one who tried out last year or year before or something, had an article written about her? She looks so familiar!

Yes, she tried out last year and there were some articles about her, I don't remember where though

Finally watched some of Amy's insta videos and dude, yes, she is a fabulous dancer! I hope she is able to do the DCC choreography the way they like it so she can get to training camp.  She really is so much fun to watch.

• Love 1

Courtney Johnson looks way better this year. Amy S. should remove the selfie of her and her man in bed....so not DCC!

Are you talking about the one with the pink hearts? It's in a hot tub but I can see how it would look like a bed.

Surely these girls watch the show and see the kind of things that help or hurt a girl?? I have only been watching the show since January and already I know that if you really want to make it, you better be watching your weight, making sure you have perfect splits and high kicks and cleaning up social media.  It baffles me that girls who are like "my life goal is making the team!!" show up soft or unable to kick or don't take partying and 'portfolio modeling' pictures off their social media.  I mean REALLY.  If it were truly my life goal I would do absolutely everything I could to make it.  

• Love 1

Surely these girls watch the show and see the kind of things that help or hurt a girl?? I have only been watching the show since January and already I know that if you really want to make it, you better be watching your weight, making sure you have perfect splits and high kicks and cleaning up social media.    

You would think potentials AND Vets would know what could hurt or help them. But you still had Hannah come back visibly out of shape. While it wasn't as obvious for Britney, Veronica and Paige, they still came back heavier.  It kind of boggles my mind that Vets especially come back out of shape knowing they could get cut, especially when they've had weight warnings during the year like Hannah. She's an amazing dancer and should be on the team. I hope she tries out again, but she may not want to face rejection from Kelli and Judy.

• Love 1

Exactly, Kaedee! I can tell when I gain just a few pounds...if I gained like 11 in a year, holy crap! I would be terrified to be around K&J and wearing the uniform.  Those are made to your body, just a few pounds could make a difference let alone 10 or 11.  Makes me wonder if people are jealous of women like Holly who seem to stay exactly the same year after year!  She in her late 20s, isn't she?? My body has definitely changed as I near 30. 

Some of the girls I really didn't notice weight gain though, like Brittney and Kim. 

Been doing some researching on possible(?) candidates and i found 3  websites

taylors nicole's modeling website http://taylornicolesnyder.weebly.com/

Courtney johnson's http://itscourtneylynn.weebly.com/

kaley http://kaleighwalker.com/

on another note. i think courtney johnson, and amy look better this year. they both look like they lost quite a bit of weight and both cut their hair should be interesting to see what happens.

• Love 1

Taylor Nicole will def be one to watch this year! She caught my attention last year and then for some reason she didn't make it to TC (does anyone remember why? Maybe she blew her solo or something...)  I just hope she is not Vivian the Second.

Courtney Johnson is adorable!  I hope she does well.  Kaley I don't know much about...or is she the one Michelle Keys has been helping and featured recently?  She kind of looks like Holly to me and definitely seems flexible!

• Love 1

Oopsie! It must be me!! i thought when Kelli said that some vets were leaving, and included Courtney's name, that she was the rookie from last year.  Is that wrong? Or is there another one that I'm mixing her up with?

Re: watching MTT in preparation. It blows my mind that some of the TCCs walk into training camp not knowing one step of Thunderstruck or Loud! Thunderstruck is the first dance taught, the moves haven't changed in 6 years, and YouTube is full of videos. You would think the potential TCCs would be watching MTT and self teaching DCC signature dances before auditions.

• Love 2

LaurenBrook - Some bodies can absorb added weight better than others, which was why Alexis was cut and Hannah got eliminated from TC while Paige didn't. Paige didn't look liked she'd gained 13 pounds. Veronica was kept on because of her sweetness and 4-yr Vet status, IMO. Plus, her body hid the weight pretty well. Kelli gives more leeway to older Vets than ones like Hannah, who was only a 1-yr Vet and had weight warnings.

pink317 - You make a great point about why more candidates don't perform the DCC choreography better during auditions. There are videos all over now. Sure, DCC:MTT doesn't show full dances in detail, but there are plenty of videos out there.

What boggles my mind is why so many come to auditions and can't do high kicks. They should have been stretching and practicing all year to be able to do them. We've seen on the show that intense stretching and working with weights can help kicks. Maybe 1 or 2 candidates might get into TC with subpar kicks, but more often it knocks you out of the running all together.  I just find it odd.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 3

There are several former DCC's the ladies can train with to prepare for auditions. Even if they could only afford a couple of sessions that should be more than enough time to learn the basic dances for experienced dancers. I'm sure with more time and money several routines and the kick line could be mastered prior to auditions.

• Love 1

Good point, Kaedee.  And I think they probably gave Veronica leeway too because they knew she'd be a willing participant for My Fit Foods.  The super healthy eating would be difficult over time but man, I'd kill to have their resources! To have someone like Jay there to help kick your butt?!  Awesome!  Even just to pick up tips you could keep using down the road.

She tried out for the Chiefs again this year and got cut.

tempSSS26064--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

What they cut a former Pro Bowl cheerleader. Wow, if that isn't a slap in the face.

I forgot Angela went to London. I wonder if her visa might limit how often she can travel?

??? She is married to a U.S citizen, so does she still have to follow the rules of her Visa?