Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kaitlin LeGrand was in show group (an alternate). She didn't dance at the event that Olivia was featured as being a part of during season five.

I loved Olivia and am still curious to this day why she was cut. They never mentioned her once, yet she was visible during finals. It almost makes me wonder if she made it through finals and left for personal reasons like Courtney Cook.

I just realized this discussion isn't appropriate for this thread, but I was just replying to an earlier post. Sorry mod.

Edited by Oranaiche

Michelle Keys posted a clip of two women she's working with. Yowza, those are some kicks! This is going to be a terrific audition season. Let's just hope CMT doesn't eff it up;)

THANK YOU for mentioning this! I found Michelle's page last night and wow, those girls are fantastic! Michelle herself blows me away...I don't remember at all from DCC, what year was she?? Maybe because she had darker hair then? Anyway, such a great find, thanks!!

Michelle Keys was MTT3-5. Another lesser known but amazing DCC. She was in the wedding special, too. I think if DCC ever ventured into real hip hop (the hip hop sg routine is meh), they should have Michelle choreograph!

Michelle Keys was a DCC for 3 seasons, 2008, 2009, 2010.

RE Olivia: She was shown briefly on MTT season 6  ep #2  when they were calling names for TC but hers was not called. It's @ 38:13 right after Angela calls her mom, they show her walking down the aisle and a very brief shot of Olivia sitting in a chair. Her solo was not shown so it couldn't have been that bad. They've always shown the vets with bad solos who got cut and say why they didn't make it back. . They just never mentioned her so there had to be more to it.

Edited by MrsEVH

Oranaiche, please do not worry about it. I do no mind. A part of me is still curious about why she was cut and why there was no mention of her in the one episode.

And welcome to our new posters. I am glad you have join us. We have a good group of posters.

I'm "guessing" on who is/ isn't coming back. If all current DCCs make it back there will be:

three 5 yr vets: Holly, Emma, Katy

six 4 yr vets: Danielle, Jasmine, Jacie, Jena, Jordan, Kelsey

ten 3 yr vets: Abby, Kinzie, Rachel, Paige, Jinelle, Samantha, Jennier K, Ashley N,  Jessica M, Jessica P

ten 2 y vets- Loren, Erica, Melissa, Mary, Victoria, Lacey, Breelan, Calia, Ashley P, Courtney

Retiring: Sydney, Nicole, Angela, Ashley M, Brittney, Veronica, Jennifer A

Edited by MrsEVH

Emma, Katy, Jordan, Courtney, Abby, and Samantha didn't go on the calendar shoot. I thought that meant that they were retiring.

Somebody asked Judy on twitter if there would be a season 10 and she said yes. I wonder when the official announcement from CMT will come. The tryouts are only two weeks away. Everybody will see the CMT cameras.

22 girls are trying out again

Holly

Danielle, Jasmine, Jacie, Jenna, Kelsey, three year vet Jessica

Kinzie, Rachel, Paige, Jinelle, Jennifer K, Ashley N

Caila, Breelan, Loren, Lacey, Erica, Melissa, Mary, Ashley P, Victoria

Retiring: Sydney, Nicole, Emma, Brittney, Katy, Angela, Veronica, Jordan, Abby, Samantha, Jennifer A, two year vet Jessica, Ashley M, Courtney

Is Jessica P the one retiring?  I didn't even know she existed till I saw some group pictures and was like, who the heck is that?? She really flew under the radar! 

I wonder if Holly will get to be pro-bowl this year...I know it obviously doesn't work just by who has seniority (sorry, Syd) but I would like to see her get it.  She is beautiful, a great dancer and seems well-liked. 

Jessica M on their website, aka Jessica Allison, 2 year vet, is retiring. The other Jessica is staying.

Thanks! Jessica Marie is the one of my favorites so I'm glad to hear that! Jessica A I have no issue with, just no idea who she is!

And she's really pretty and seems well liked now that I go through her Twitter.  I think because she kind of looks like Paige to me at times. 

I wonder who will lead off the solos this year?? Would they have Jennifer "Kathy" do it two years in a row? Not sure how that works.  Maybe Jacie or Holly?

Would they have Jennifer "Kathy" do it two years in a row? Not sure how that works. 

Not sure but Jackie ended the solos her 4th year (the year Phil played a small part) and opened solos the following year.

They have a superstar vet open and close solos each year.

Edited by pink317

Would so so love to see the solos, or at least some of the best ones, in their entirety.  Every time I see a snippet on a girl's IG (like Erica's) I'm always shocked by the music lol  We're so used to them playing top 40 hits during the solo montage that I just assume that's what everyone uses.  Erica's song was soo different than I imagined.  And Meagan P's was like a Broadway show tune.  I hope more girls show clips on their IGs this year.

I would love it if Hannah tried out again and made the team. It's hard to tell in that video if she's lost the weight or not since her clothes are baggy, but I'm sure she has. She'll definitely need to show up at auditions in tip top shape since she'd be a returning cut vet.

LOVEEEE Hannah!!! I was so upset when she was cut last year, though she really did seem out of shape.  Not even just talking about weight gain because I'd still kill to look like her, though she was definitely a little heavier.  I honestly wonder if she fell behind in fitness because of her studies...didn't she mentioning graduating with high honors?  I wonder if that took her focus.  She is so amazing in season 8, in Kitty's class at the beginning she was just heads and shoulders above the others.

• Love 1

I would love to see Michelle Keys as a mentor. Her life is dance, in fact most of those videos that Taylor Nicole post of herself dancing are from Michelle Keys weekly class at Kitty Carters Dance factory.

I also follow Michelle Keys on IG, she is an AWESOME dancer. I don't recall her getting much camera time during her DCC years but you can't judge a person's talent based on how much camera time they receive, IMO. Michelle is currently working with a few girls helping them prepare for DCC try-outs.

Edited by DCCFAN71

I would love to see Michelle Keys as a mentor. Her life is dance, in fact most of those videos that Taylor Nicole post of herself dancing are from Michelle Keys weekly class at Kitty Carters Dance factory.

I also follow Michelle Keys on IG, she is an AWESOME dancer. I don't recall her getting much camera time during her DCC years but you can't judge a person's talent based on how much camera time they receive, IMO. Michelle is currently working with a few girls helping them prepare for DCC try-outs.

She is great. The most time I can remember her being on camera was in season five on the calendar shoot when they showed her talking about doing crunches before her shoot because your muscles look best after working out. I always thought she was adorable and she's clearly a great dancer. She was on show group, not sure for how many years.

• Love 1

On another note: I would love to see DMD Lauren Gibler try-out again. Judy loved her, I think I remember something about Kelly, Kitty or Charlotte saying that she had small eyes that look like two dark holes...or something like that. To me that was un-called for. I think she is pretty. There are a few girls on the team now that to me did not and still don't have the so-called DCC look.

Lauren Gibler has had some positive press since she last tried out for DCC. She's been in the Dallas hot 100 listing or whatever that thing is a couple times, and her pictures have been gorgeous. I'm sure K&J have seen it, so I doubt Lauren would get shunted based on looks if she tried out again. I think Lauren would be a great DCC but wonder if she's coming to the end of her dance career. She's been on the Mavs for five years. It also seems like if she was going to audition for DCC again she would have done it already. But we shall see! (I just visited the Mavs page and clicked on Lauren's calendar photos. Wow, she is gorgeous.)

I really want to see Kelli Quinn try out again and make it. I also wish Paula Tabares would audition again since she got some experience with the Mavs, but I doubt that will happen.

• Love 1

Paula was a Mavs dancer for 4 seasons. She wasn't on the current squad so I'm guessing she must have retired. Accoriding to her Facebook and LinkedIn (what I can see) she's in school and will graduate this year,.

Edited by MrsEVH

Texas legands seem to have great cheerleaders i hope alot of them audition next year

Seems like most of the girls from Legends, Mavs, Ice Girls, Ice Angels, etc audiiton for the DCC first. When they don't make it; they end up on those teams or go back to them.

Edited by MrsEVH
It would be interesting if Ashley Paige does audition again. She was really good when she was a Chiefs Cheerleader, and had a lot more she could have offered to DCC. it was weird how Kelli just didn't seem to like her much. Maybe this time would be different; plus they need loads of Rookies so she might have a better chance if she does.

She tried out for the Chiefs again this year and got cut.

tempSSS26064--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Kaitlin LeGrand was in show group (an alternate). She didn't dance at the event that Olivia was featured as being a part of during season five.

I loved Olivia and am still curious to this day why she was cut. They never mentioned her once, yet she was visible during finals. It almost makes me wonder if she made it through finals and left for personal reasons like Courtney Cook.

I just realized this discussion isn't appropriate for this thread, but I was just replying to an earlier post. Sorry mod.

Hello

I'm new to this forum but been watching and loving the show for years.

If you were speaking of Olivia Kitty's daughter in law, I never knew she was cut at auditions.

When she didn't come back for 3 years, I thought it was just because she wanted to pursue other dance jobs. I saw an article let about her doing a show (I think k on broadway) she was dressed up like a cat for the performance. I thought she was talented and only really did dcc out of respect to kitty and to carry on the legacy.

Was she actually cut during finals?

I'm hoping Hannah will tryout now I loved her and I feel kelli and Judy didn't really give her a chance to loose weight like they did others also I can't believe Ashley paige didn't make it back on the Chiefs dance team I wonder if she was black balled for trying out for DCC or something maybe she will tryout for DCC this year

Olivia, Kitty's daughter in law' wasn't cut, she left on her own, they were talking about a different Olivia.

Ashley Paige didn't try out for the Chiefs again, did she?

Wow that's strange I didn't even realise Ashley Paige was a finalist for the Chiefs this year, must have missed that. Thanks for sharing the photo. That's kinda bad that she got cut though, considering she had been a pro-bowl girl for them. I bet it did have something to do with her trying for DCC, the Chiefs are big on loyalty within the squad so I doubt they liked what she did. Interesting.

What a bummer for Ashley Paige. Poor girl can't catch a break, but I guess she had a good run. I also doubt she will try out for DCC this year, but maybe we'll all be surprised.

Dccfan1957 we were talking about Olivia Stevanovski who was a rookie during season five.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I just wonder if K&J go to the group leaders or co group leaders and asked them to stay another year. I wonder if with so many leaving maybe the did something to intice them to stay on.....more money. I mean they lost almost all of there lead and co leads. angela was not on the calendar shoot..so maybe something happened to make her change her mind.