Type keyword(s) to search

Craig Conover: Work Hard(ly), Party Harder

• Start Topic

The pass rate seems to vary widely depending on the state. Last year in South Carolina the pass rate for Feb was 57% and for July 67%. Unless Craig really buckled down after filming ended, there's a good chance he may not have passed. Then again, he we have no idea what kind of student he is or how well he takes tests. I hope he passed, partly so we can stop hearing about it!

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Isn't the bar extremely hard to pass??? I'd almost think it would be a miracle for him to pass the first time being out of it as long as he was. 

But for her sake I hope he does so he can tell everyone the show to f-off. 

Some states have more difficult Bar exams than others, and I think New York's is quite difficult. It was big news though that JFK Jr. didn't pass the first and then second time, but he was also a partying playboy and not known as a great student.  

The Bar exam IS hard and many fail it the first time. Here's a list of famous first-time failures. Some will surprise you!

The South Carolina exam also changed this February from a 3-day test to a 2-day. I don't know in what other ways it changed and if that made it easier or more difficult. This season was filmed over a few months in late summer and the exam wasn't until February. He said he was going to wait to study until 2 months out, which may not have been enough time. We'll see. I really want him to pass it so we can ALL move on! LOL! (Why do Shep and I care so much?!)

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Some states have more difficult Bar exams than others, and I think New York's is quite difficult. It was big news though that JFK Jr. didn't pass the first and then second time, but he was also a playboy and not known as a great student.  

The South Carolina exam also changed this February from a 3-day test to a 2-day. I don't know in what other ways it changed and if that made it easier or more difficult. This season was filmed over a few months in late summer and the exam wasn't until February. He said he was going to wait to study until 2 months out, which may not have been enough time. We'll see.

NY is thought to be difficult, but I suspect that JFK Jr.'s difficulty passing it have also helped with the hype. California is hard. It's 3 days. Louisiana is hard because it includes a bunch of Napoleonic Code stuff that no one learns in any law school that isn't in Louisiana. Texas is also 3 days and includes a bunch of oil and gas law that most schools don't teach. I've heard that Virginia is hard in part because of the testing situation. You have to wear a suit and the location doesn't have air conditioning. Arizona is on the harder end because they don't have reciprocity and they want to prevent older attorneys from moving there and waiving in.

Craig could be like me. I'm a huge procrastinator and a bit of a standardized testing savant. Sometimes that will leave me in dumb situations too.

• Love 2

I'm embarrassed to admit I looked this up, but the SC Bar exam results will be posted online on Friday 4/28.  Poor Craig....I hope with this extra attention, he passes, but waiting three years to take it may not have been a great idea.

• Love 2

Checked Craig's Twitter and 45 mins ago he posted a photo and apparently he is in the Bahamas. Guess he decided that was better than hanging out waiting by his mailbox this week. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Some states have more difficult Bar exams than others, and I think New York's is quite difficult. It was big news though that JFK Jr. didn't pass the first and then second time, but he was also a partying playboy and not known as a great student.  

The Bar exam IS hard and many fail it the first time. Here's a list of famous first-time failures. Some will surprise you!

The South Carolina exam also changed this February from a 3-day test to a 2-day. I don't know in what other ways it changed and if that made it easier or more difficult. This season was filmed over a few months in late summer and the exam wasn't until February. He said he was going to wait to study until 2 months out, which may not have been enough time. We'll see. I really want him to pass it so we can ALL move on! LOL! (Why do Shep and I care so much?!)

I'm asking myself the same question! But here's my thoughts about Craig and lawyering in response to another post:

7 HOURS AGO, EXPLAINITAGAIN SAID:

Craig just got distracted by reality TV. If this show had never come around he'd already be a lawyer toiling away in some firm. Instead, the show dropped into his lap at the worst time - right when he graduated and should be taking the bar. Then the show was a moderate success and I think a lot of people would reason that they could always be a lawyer after the reality TV stint is over. At least he has a career that he can pursue after the show ends, unlike Landon or Kathryn. Although I agree @SUNNYBEBE that he may pursue something else - I certainly don't do anything related to the two degrees that I have. But I don't see what business that is of anyone else's (on the show). Admittedly, Craig has been pretty defensive about being a lawyer - sometimes it's annoying when people can pick up on things you can't admit to yourself yet.

I have a soft spot for Craig and I don't know why. Maybe just because he seems like an outsider to the group and Shep is constantly picking on him.

7 HOURS AGO, EXPLAINITAGAIN SAID:

Craig just got distracted by reality TV. If this show had never come around he'd already be a lawyer toiling away in some firm. Instead, the show dropped into his lap at the worst time - right when he graduated and should be taking the bar. Then the show was a moderate success and I think a lot of people would reason that they could always be a lawyer after the reality TV stint is over. At least he has a career that he can pursue after the show ends, unlike Landon or Kathryn. Although I agree @SUNNYBEBE that he may pursue something else - I certainly don't do anything related to the two degrees that I have. But I don't see what business that is of anyone else's (on the show). Admittedly, Craig has been pretty defensive about being a lawyer - sometimes it's annoying when people can pick up on things you can't admit to yourself yet.

I have a soft spot for Craig and I don't know why. Maybe just because he seems like an outsider to the group and Shep is constantly picking on him.

My Response: Actually the timing of the show was perfect for Craig because he does not fucking want to be a lawyer. He applied and went to law school because it was a defensible and seemingly impressive excuse to put off becoming a real adult and getting a real job like he was surely expected to do if he didn't opt for grad school. If he was really serious about becoming an attorney and the practice of law he probably would have gone to a much better law school. Just like if I had been really serious about studying law decades ago I would have actually prepared for the LSAT before I took the exam and applied to more than one law school. Thank goodness I was on the wait list and a slot didn't open because that probably would have been a costly mistake.

As another poster has noted, Craig went to a diploma mill law school from which a majority of the students graduate with nearly $150k in debt. I hope he's at least paid off that debt with his SC money. Now I'm not hating on anyone who went there. It has been accredited by the American Bar Association and is an option for people who might not be able to get into a more competitive school but really love the law and are willing to do whatever it takes and then likely turn out to be a huge success. I believe that for Craig it was just another detour down Easy Street, or so he thought. That's why he's so defensive when people nag him about it and he doesn't even have the balls to say, you know what, I don't think I really want to be a lawyer. Look at the shitty way he treated his job in the first season that was actually at a law firm. And his unrealistic expectations when he went to work for JD. That's in part why Shep and sometimes Whitney give him a hard time, because he's totally full of it. Craig has a lot of ambition but no work ethic. God bless his heart.

Actually the timing of the show was perfect for Craig because he does not fucking want to be a lawyer. He applied and went to law school because it was a defensible and seemingly impressive excuse to put off becoming a real adult and getting a real job like he was surely expected to do if he didn't opt for grad school. If he was really serious about becoming an attorney and the practice of law he probably would have gone to a much better law school. Just like if I had been really serious about studying law decades ago I would have actually prepared for the LSAT before I took the exam and applied to more than one law school. Thank goodness I was on the wait list and a slot didn't open because that probably would have been a costly mistake.

As another poster has noted, Craig went to a diploma mill law school from which a majority of the students graduate with nearly $150k in debt. I hope he's at least paid off that debt with his SC money. Now I'm not hating on anyone who went there. It has been accredited by the American Bar Association and is an option for people who might not be able to get into a more competitive school but really love the law and are willing to do whatever it takes and then likely turn out to be a huge success. I believe that for Craig it was just another detour down Easy Street, or so he thought. That's why he's so defensive when people nag him about it and he doesn't even have the balls to say, you know what, I don't think I really want to be a lawyer. Look at the shitty way he treated his job in the first season that was actually at a law firm. And his unrealistic expectations when he went to work for JD. That's in part why Shep and sometimes Whitney give him a hard time, because he's totally full of it. Craig has a lot of ambition but no work ethic. God bless his heart.

If Craig's Instagram pics are any indication, he did not take his bar exam studying very seriously. I sat for a July bar exam right after I graduated law school and I spent every single day and night preparing right up until the test date. I took one half of a day off to go watch fireworks on July 4th, but other than that, studying was my summer job.

I saw that he was partying during the holidays on his Instagram, so it doesn't look like he fully committed to the studying. February Bar Exams have historically been tougher to pass than July because  it's assumed most people taking the exam have failed in July, so they are more familiar with the testing and the type of questions asked.

You can usually sense whether you passed or failed after you've finished the test, so I'm wondering if Craig knows that his results are not likely to be favorable and is hiding out in the Bahamas.

• Love 2

Craig will be good at whatever he decides to do. Whenever he decides to do it. 

He shows more hustle than most of these All-Stars, and that ain't say in much.

Clap along if you are sick of speculating about what Craig wants to do with his life or whether or not he passed the Bar.

• Love 5

In all honesty I think Craig will make a good stay at home Dad while Naomie works. I'm serious, too. He seems like he'd be a good nurturer and down for coaching his kids' teams, helping with homework, cooking---which he enjoys. Plus, he can do projects around the house. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, zenme said:

In all honesty I think Craig will make a good stay at home Dad while Naomie works. I'm serious, too. He seems like he'd be a good nurturer and down for coaching his kids' teams, helping with homework, cooking---which he enjoys. Plus, he can do projects around the house. 

This actually might not be too bad a plan for them.

• Love 2

In the Shepwrecked episode thread poster M78 shared this link for the Bar results which will be released tomorrow at 4 pm. I laugh imagining that Shep has a blackboard set up and is taking bets in the Palace Hotel.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, zenme said:

But will Craig really do what is necessary to give kids consistency and demonstrate follow through or will he make promises and then do a half assed job and give a half assed apology? "Yeah son, we'll go to the park after I finish this", and it never gets done.

Naomie could do much better.

• Love 1

@chewycandy I'm sure she does. You're not going to live the life she's used to living on one salary. But if they were to adjust their expectations and standard of living to account for having one salary, life could be pretty good, still. It's hard to do that, though, and I would never fault anyone for not doing that. I've managed to do it, and there are still times I think about what it would be like to have 2 incomes in our house.

• Love 2

Per AttackTurtle's post in the Media thread, and verified here, Craig passed the Bar!

Holy cow. Take that, Shep, T-Rav, and Whitney. Congrats, Craig! 

Looks like less than 50% from his law school passed, and he passed it on his first try. I always thought Craig was a good student when he applied himself; we saw all those academic awards on the wall in his room at his parents' house. This will kill some of the suspense of the current season (haha!) but I'm sure pleased for him.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Per AttackTurtle's post in the Media thread, and verified here, Craig passed the Bar!

Holy cow. Take that, Shep, T-Rav, and Whitney. Congrats, Craig! 

Looks like less than 50% from his law school passed, and he passed it on his first try. I always thought Craig was a good student when he applied himself; we saw all those academic awards on the wall in his room at his parents' house. This will kill some of the suspense of the current season (haha!) but I'm sure pleased for him.

Awesome...

Ditto...

Agreed...

IMO....above all, Craig just wants to do his own thing.  Whether that's being a solo practitioner attorney, entrepreneur, CEO of charity or whatever.  I actually think Craig is a "do-er".  He just doesn't know what to do....yet.   I think/hope he'll get there.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3

Go Craig! Mad respect to you! Brother,  you made it look easy! 

Now boot those other losers to the side, go do you some fun carpentry, and kiss your awesome girlfriend ! Also, do a lap in the garden wagon with Grumpy Cat, and shine, shine, shine, my Dela-Where? Brother !

You give me hope for the fuutuure!

• Love 6
On 4/26/2017 at 0:34 PM, HunterHunted said:

Louisiana is hard because it includes a bunch of Napoleonic Code stuff that no one learns in any law school that isn't in Louisiana

This is absolutely so TRUE. 

• Love 3

Has the reunion for this season already been shot? I would love for Craig to have whatever moment he can have in front of these idiots. I do not care if he ultimately wants to practice law or not, but he can shove it in the face of those that seem to be using Craig's drive (or lack there of) as a story.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Has the reunion for this season already been shot? I would love for Craig to have whatever moment he can have in front of these idiots. I do not care if he ultimately wants to practice law or not, but he can shove it in the face of those that seem to be using Craig's drive (or lack there of) as a story.

He did in fact lie to them repeatedly for the entire time that they knew him. I mean good for him for finally passing but I don't get why this should be some in your face moment because the only reason they doubted him was because of his multiple lies to them.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He did in fact lie to them repeatedly for the entire time that they knew him. I mean good for him for finally passing but I don't get why this should be some in your face moment because the only reason they doubted him was because of his multiple lies to them.

Exactly! I think he actually forgot he was being filmed when telling the lies. Some people are just like that.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, biakbiak said:

I think Craig will be like multitudes of attorneys who pass the bar and never practice.  Craig probably makes about three times what he would as an entry level associate and only has to "work" about six months out of the year. 

I hope people listen to Craig as he plods his way through the business world he is so desperate to enter. 

(edited)

Craig continues to be the most interesting person on this show - for my tastes anyway.

When he was rattling off the list of things he's doing and Naomi kept shutting him down, I was getting kinda pissed.  Her response was reasonable - for most people - but not for Craig.  No doubt in my mind he could handle all that he said he was going to do.

In fact, running free-reign is what Craig wants to do and IMO the only way he'll flourish.  IMO, he'll be successful.  No doubt he'll have a bump or two along the way, but all people - including all successful people - do as well.

The sewing machine scene sealed the deal for me.   He's just a free spirit - and lucky to have been born with smarts to move that creativity along.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
(edited)

I flove that Craig has many hobbies and skills and is into doing his own activities no matter how some might judge him. I read an interview recently (sorry, don't remember where) and he talked about how when he was growing up he always wanted to be "doing" and his parents were supportive of that. He mentioned how happy he was to have a house with enough room to grow a garden, and we saw his excitement when the sewing machine, with an embroidery attachment!, arrived. Bonus that he finished his thesis and passed the bar, despite all the negativity that was being thrown at him about it. Yes, we've seen him being unable to get to an office by 9 a.m., and expecting to head up a division of a company (the bourbon thing) with little knowledge of the product. Well, he was in his mid 20s and I could forgive that. He seems to be more the type to do his own thing, and often succeed, rather than sit in an office and collect a paycheck and benefits. Now that he has Bravo money, I expect some of his ventures will be profitable.

OTOH, he should not have spoken to Naomie that way during the rooftop dinner. It was the wrong time for that conversation, and he seemed angry she was bringing it up with the cameras around. I suspect they still haven't figured out how to "argue well" with each other this early in their relationship. Naomie may have had fears that Craig was goofing around, wasting his time and money, and that he should, like Landon's dad advised her, "pick one thing". At that time, last fall, I don't think Craig was in a position to pick one thing, especially needing to study for the bar in February. The success of their relationship will depend greatly on whether Naomie can accept Craig just as he is, and vice versa, even when their "styles" are very different.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7
(edited)

Gizmo.  Excuse me, Colonel Gizmo has his own instagram account. 

Poor fella.  They gave him a lion cut.

Edited by dosodog
I figured out posting pictures!
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Yes, so did I, I hate typos. Interesting how the guy waited 3 years to sue. When Craig has more money.

I'm sure the statute of limitations was about to run out. I'm curious how the cyclist thinks he's going to collect when there is a police report indicating that his negligence was equally contributory. Additionally, he refused medical treatment at the time that would have indicated that he was injured. Craig's insurance would have covered the medical costs.

• Love 3

Ha! I know the lawyer suing him. His (separated) wife is actually a Charleston blogger. This will be internet worlds colliding as I know her and another blogger & was told by a closer friend to check out reaction forums to them on a site called GOMI which is like a PreviouslyTV or TWOP for bloggers.

CSOL will really be proud of their graduates in this trial!

• Love 1

I think Craig is a real pill and I've never liked him.  He's too pissy and too defensive and there's one thing he does that really bugs me for some reason and it shouldn't because it's obviously a nervous tic that he can't control.  When he's cornered or attacked, he pulls his lips back from his teeth and he just looks really weird, like some kind of walking, talking jack-o-lantern head.  I don't know if I'm explaining it well or if anyone else has noticed this.  He looks like he never gets enough sleep in general so this just detracts from his looks even further.  And I agree with others that Naomie is a real she-beast.  That said, nobody really knows what's happening in other people's relationships.  There must be SOMETHING there.

• Love 3