Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Grill, Interrupted

(edited)

I liked the Jay/Alex part, which only made me wonder why we haven't seen more of them together.  Though I had the same thought that somebody else had.  I thought the kicker was going to be that Alex didn't get in or something and had maybe just lied about it at first to save face.  I'm glad that is not where it went.

The rest?  I don't care about Haley/Andy, but I don't know if it's more that I dislike Andy or that I dislike Haley and therefore don't care about her love life.  The only way I would care about Haley's love life is if she met someone that brought her ego down a peg or two.  I think she's too used to just being worshipped by anyone and everyone, no matter how she treats them, and Andy is mostly more of the same in that regard.  Especially since it's of course treated as if Haley is out of his league.

I didn't believe that Jay was actually going to keep the checks, so that part was fine to me.  Though it does show how well off these people are (even if they pretend otherwise) that they both can just whip off huge checks at the drop of a hat.  I know in theory Mitch's money was coming from Cam's newfound money, but still.  

As for Manny/Luke, I can buy Luke being that dumb.  I don't know that I buy that Manny wouldn't be more used to his mother's schemes and knowing when she's up to something.  Plus I guess I have a hard time imagining people confusing water with tequila taste wise, though of course there would still be remnants of tequila in the bottle unless Gloria really washed it out.  Though to be honest my biggest issue with Manny/Luke plots is that neither Nolan nor Rico are all that convincing as actors.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2

I think my one LOL moment with this ep was when Jay held his arms out to Phil, who says something like, "It's happening!" then Jay says to help him with the apron. 

Other than that, I wasn't so thrilled. 

I had to go to abc.go.com to watch the ep. I noticed a video there that said something about all the April Fools jokes. I figure the opening credit bit was one of the jokes (though I only noticed that Lily was a baby again), but I wonder if there are more in this ep.

I wish Gloria's scheme had backfired on her in some way.

I loved the Jay and Alex conversation, and laughed a whole lot at the stuff with the grill. The rest was, eh, okay.

I wish Gloria's scheme had backfired on her in some way.

I loved the Jay and Alex conversation, and laughed a whole lot at the stuff with the grill. The rest was, eh, okay.

The only way it could have was if Manny had knew his mom was going to pull a fast one of them by either realizing it was just water from a bottle that was rinsed out. Or he had seen what she was doing earlier. Let's face it, Luke has no brain anymore, I'm surprised he can get dressed in the morning with how stupid he has become. Seems to happen with the Dumphy kids except for Alex. The get stupider as they get older.

(edited)

Lily, to Haley: So, not you.

Lily and the actress who plays her are killing it in this show. She's the one character the current writers seem to know how to write for.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 1

Hi, guys. I know I'm five years later to this discussion, but does someone got the joke when Lily says "Thanks for selling mine first, Dr. Chicago."

It's after Cam says "I convince your daddy to wait on the apartment upstairs until I have enough time to sell your coat, and, if need be, even sell mine."

I really don't know this "Dr. Chicago" reference. Can someone help me, please? 

ASAP, if it's possible.

Thanks!

On 6/16/2020 at 10:40 AM, Priscas said:

Hi, guys. I know I'm five years later to this discussion, but does someone got the joke when Lily says "Thanks for selling mine first, Dr. Chicago."

It's after Cam says "I convince your daddy to wait on the apartment upstairs until I have enough time to sell your coat, and, if need be, even sell mine."

I really don't know this "Dr. Chicago" reference. Can someone help me, please? 

ASAP, if it's possible.

Thanks!

I don't remember the scene, but maybe she said "Dr. Zhivago"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Zhivago_(film)

They were Russians and wore a lot of fur.