Type keyword(s) to search

Sword Art Online - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This was the end of part 1. Part 2 is expected to begin broadcasting in Japan in October. If it's 24 episodes as well it will finish in March 2020. Toonami started showing it only a few weeks behind so we might see it start in November.

While Administrator acts like the Black Knight (It's just a flesh wound) Kirito adopts his SAO outfit and dual blade fighting style. And Eugeo takes his own sweet time dying after being cut in two. Administrator has her remaining arm hacked off at the same time she takes one of Kirito's and gets fatally skewered with Kirito's other blade before she can try to wield a sword with her feet. It also turns out she had been working on some sort of Hail Mary exit strategy by possibly transferring her file out of the Underworld. Kirito manages to use her console to contact the real world only to find the fecal material had hit the atmospheric impeller back at the Ocean Turtle.

Aaaannnndddd...cut till next season

I'm going to guess that the Administrator successfully transferred a copy of herself to the real world, possibly having done so before her fight with Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo, and that's got something to do with all the shooting. Maybe it's going to get all Summer Wars out there.

(edited)

“There’s a shortage of perfect bosoms in the world.  It would be a shame to damage yours.”

Administrator loose in our world is a lot scarier than the Coffin Hunters.

Edited by lathspel

The technobabble explanation for the whole project is to develop a true artificial intelligence who can grow beyond their programming to independent thinking, which will then be used to pilot missile systems (I think). The Pontifex hijacked everyone who showed self awareness, wiped their memories and turned them into the Integrity Knights. Because Alice broke out of her programming and all the brainwashing, she's exactly what they wanted to create.

And the Americans are the bad guys again. How very tiresome. Japan's development of an AI weapons system is totally in violation of their Arms Export Ban to begin with.

...and we’re back!  As are probably all of Kirito’s friends by the time I count ‘em up.

I love the craziness of this show, but I’m not sure I would’ve led with Kirito’s little sister in a witch tentacle rape scene.  However, maybe now we’ve got it out of our system for the rest of the season.  

The problem with this show is that I’m always distracted from the underworld part since the RL Scooby Gang is under fire on the Turtle ocean platform.  I’m a little too worried about their real lives still. 

On 11/9/2020 at 12:19 AM, lathspel said:

I love the craziness of this show, but I’m not sure I would’ve led with Kirito’s little sister in a witch tentacle rape scene.  However, maybe now we’ve got it out of our system for the rest of the season. 

Worse, I think having an orc watch probably turned the tentacle lady on that much more.

Kinda sucks that the cannon fodder are American gamers duped into fighting for the bad guys, egged on by getting that offer while there was daylight in the Western hemisphere. But it looks like our regulars are coiming back, along with perhaps all of the hardcore VR gamers in Japan.

I hate that Asuna is alternately super strong and determined, or really helpless.  The other female characters aren’t like this, it’s obnoxious. 

Summing up this episode:  it took the love of a strong man to bring Kirito back around.  

I disagree with the Turtle control room team on this ep.  We all know that the biggest problem with speeding up time in a video game ...is when you are running SimCity on highest speed, and a tornado tears through before you can pause 😕 .

On 1/17/2021 at 3:03 PM, Terrafamilia said:

So Kirito wakes up from his coma and is basically Neo now, only more so?

And Goku. Cannot forget about Goku.

How many more episodes are left?

ETA: Yami Yugi. Also that guy. 🙄

Edited by Lantern7

We’re leaving this show for a while with “System Call:  Arm Photon Torpedos”, which feels a bit off somehow.  

The good news for Kirito at home is that he resembles his Mom (and also that Asuna doesn’t know Alice gets to stay over).