Type keyword(s) to search

Argo City Arts Collective: The Creative Pursuits Thread

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

A special effort by ComickerGirl for Supergirl's 60th Birthday (and the first comment by Sterling Gates is priceless)...

(Note: according to another comment, Action Comics #252 was released on March 31, 1959.)

• Love 2

And for the purists who are freaking out over the radical change, those of us who grew up reading the comics know that it was par for the course for Supergirl to give her costume a makeover every five years or so. The longest period of time that she DIDN'T change it was from about 1971 to 1984.

1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

One of the things that bothers me about the new suit is how blue it is. I like this fan edit that breaks up the monochromatic look. It also set the suit apart from Superman’s suit, because right now they look pretty similar.

I would consider that to be a shout-out to the original Supergirl outfit in the comics when she was first introduced in 1959. That outfit (made by Alura before Kara left Argo City) was deliberately modeled after Superman's costume so he would recognize her as a fellow Kryptonian the first time he saw her.