Type keyword(s) to search

Argo City Arts Collective: The Creative Pursuits Thread

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Trini said:

This is amazing - therefore, it's probably never going to end up on the show, so enjoy: http://comickergirl.tumblr.com/post/156829090836/lizznotliz-for-the-i-would-imagine-small

(Basically, someone outlined an idea for an episode, and then someone else made art of it.)

That is hilarious, which is why I NEED it to happen on the show (which I didn't know I needed before now)!  I just wonder who would eat the bigger portion of crow -- Kara, or J'onn?

2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

That is hilarious, which is why I NEED it to happen on the show (which I didn't know I needed before now)!  I just wonder who would eat the bigger portion of crow -- Kara, or J'onn?

I've always wished one of the Arrowverse shows would do this, and Supergirl seems like the perfect one. But they left out one of the best part of the episodes, when the boys and girls would call each other for help, but couldn't let on that they were caught up in a mission. It was really great in the first episode of the two parter, because the episode followed the girls. When one of the boys called with a strange question you only heard the dialogue and strange background noises. In part two you saw the calls from the boys point of view. Those Leveage episodes were very entertaining and I will be very disappointed when Supergirl doesn't do this.

• Love 2

It may say something about the show that it didn't even click with me that that was supposed to be Mon-El at bottom right.  Or maybe it just says something about my aging brain.

I knew it because the artist has done a different picture with Mon-El in the apron. But in that group pic Winn (I'm guessing that that is supposed to be Winn) and Mon-El have exactly the same hair and almost the same face, so that probably contributes to it being distracting. 

• Love 2

Speaking of daring...

I have been finding MANY fans who "miss season 1" some of them refer to season 2 as a shitstorm and worse...

So I am trying to get a petition campaign going to by pass the deaf ears and blind eyes I (and I am sure others) have tried to persuade by going to the Networks AND the sponsors.

A kind of 2017 version of the Star Trek writing campaign of 1968.

Here's the simple pitch:

DARE TO RETRY!

59cc1f5746a50_daretoretry.thumb.jpg.f21e30e04a650941b03934c1aa5260a4.jpg

I don't get the point of that. Season 1 reboot sounds like you are telling them to remake season 1, when season 1 is the one that people like. There is plenty of things about season 1 they can't redo, because Callista for example is not changing her mind about Canada. Not to mention, they already said they would bring some elements of season 1, like more sister stuff back, and other things, imo would just feel weird and choppy if they tried to return to them (like going back to Kara/James as a couple or making Alex straight again). 

Or is the intent really to do season 1 again, but on CBS with completely new actors (since Melissa and everybody else has a contract with the CW, not CBS)?

No offense, but that sounds weird as hell.  

• Love 1

Or is the intent really to do season 1 again, but on CBS with completely new actors (since Melissa and everybody else has a contract with the CW, not CBS)?

Wouldn't the contracts be with the WB? I'm pretty sure the actors being contracted to the WB instead of the network is what let the show bring the actors over from CBS to the CW to begin with.

It's not like Supergirl is the first show who moved from one network to another. I'm pretty sure CW wouldn't take them if they could just be taken and moved somewhere elseFrom what I can think of all show moves took place because the original place didn't want them anymore (maybe with a dash of: the network failed to secure the rights and dragged their feet) and not as a "hostile takeover". And I'm fairly sure whatever reason CBS had for not wanting Supergirl anymore (not satisfied with the ratings, it not fitting their lineup) are still valid. And that is in top of people who are by now moved on to other projects. 

Edited by tofutan

Well, yeah, obviously CBS isn't going to take the show back, or they never would've de facto canceled it to begin with. I was just pointing out that the actors' contracts are with the production company, not the network. The WB will definitely not move Supergirl again (and really, where else could it go?).

By the way (and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this), Streaky is the wrong color. He should be orange with yellow lightning streaks down his sides (just as Imra should be blonde and Brainiac-5 should be green and blonde).

Now I'm worried about what Comet will look like when/if HE ever shows up!