Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: NY - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's so funny--as much as the narrative is being pushed that Dawn is an asshole, every single one of the others from S1 acted like more of an asshole towards her!  Jason and his stupid passive-aggressive manipulations...I cheered for Dawn when she excused herself from dinner after his stupid little sing-song "That's what family does! We pass it along!" I mean good grief, that was an ambush.

I find it so sad how self-centered Jazmin, Jason and to a lesser extent Lila are--different people can have different definitions of family.  Different cultures have different traditions and expectations.  It is so freaking entitled for Jason and Jazmin to try and force Dawn into a familial dynamic that makes her uncomfortable.  I would love to ask Jazmin if Dawn's attitude toward family bothers her when Dawn is relying on herself and being self-sufficient, or if it's only when Dawn doesn't pander to her when she wants something.  Seriously--for all Jazmin's talk about how this bothers her, it seems to only come up when Jazmin isn't getting her way on something.

The others jumping in is just obnoxious--team Dawn on that point, too.

Lila is very two-faced and people-pleasing, but Dawn's delivery was pretty shitty during that exchange.  I call this one a draw.

Jazmin's whole thing with the smoking--Jesus Christ mind your own business.  What a nasty shit-stirrer this one is!  Lila is just as bad, if not worse, with her whole "What kind of mother would do this to her unborn child?!" bullshit.  Lady, none of your business, and guess what?  While certainly discouraged and not optimal during pregnancy, acting like Katie is shooting up heroin is simply ridiculous.  These people are so vile.

I find this cast and season so tedious to watch; I can totally see why Lifetime is burning this show off with back-to-back episodes next week.

• Love 2

Ehh.. I agree with many of your points but a woman smoking while pregnant with all we know about how it affects a fetus? No.. if anything I'm annoyed at this show for exploiting a real issue and potentially not really correcting it.. we will see.

Dawn often has many good points.. but they are all drowned out by her condescension. 

• Love 2

I thought Jason was trying to keep his dating life ambiguous.  I guess he figured he would just come out.  Good for him, the boyfriend is cute!  We didn't know he was gay last season, correct? 

I mean - we knew, we just didn't "know."

This show, and the LA version, seems to exist merly to get this turds in the same room, shake, and then they fight like pit bulls over a bone.

These little people like to tell all that they want to be treated with respect, but they degrade themselves but being on this shit show. Mean to say, all they do is fight each other. i know its all "set up", but they look like r******.

And another thing about Dawn.  (And I say this as a zealous advocate of the term "c***").  Whatever her other faults, Lila is not one.  Lila's refusal to defend Dawn's insistence on shitting on anything and everything that someone else likes/wants to do/discusses is not "not having my back".  It's being a normal person.

Dawn learned a clever phrase (there's a u in c***) and just couldn't wait to use it.  So much so that she ends up calling someone a c*** who really isn't.

That, ironically, is a pretty cunty move itself.

• Love 1

I can't even with Lila.  What a nasty person!  Relentlessly bullying a high-risk pregnant woman is the lowest I've ever seen on one of these trashy reality shows, and that's saying something!  Dawn isn't much better in this, and Jasmine's little "Oh, I can't believe Jess is causing a scene in front of Katie's guests!" was the most ridiculous thing in the whole episode--Lila was the one causing a scene!

This cast just isn't likeable, and I honestly don't know if I can stick with this show at this point.

• Love 2

I think they're ALL annoying in their own ways.  One minute one of them seems to be acting mature and sensible, the next, they're screaming and cursing at each other.  None of them have any class, that's for sure. 

I'm an optimist. Each episode I have hopes that they'll all get along and feel good about themselves and each other.  Silly me!  lol

There really isn't anyone to "root" for, is there...?   I thought the scene with Dawn and her brother was just awful.  Lots of venom spewing from both of them, and each of them screaming to make their own points instead of listening to what the other was saying.  These people are awfully defensive.  Dawn does seem to have a history with being alone or having to rely only on herself, I can sort of understand where she's coming from.

Her brother yelling "Where were YOU while I was homeless for FIVE YEARS?!"  I almost yelled at the tv "dude, there's no reason that a 19 year old young man needs to be homeless for 5 years, let alone blame your sister for it!"   Ugh these people....!  LOL

Much like the LA bunch, these women and one man make a huge, huge deal over everything. Scripted or not, there is so much hatred among them I just can't believe it. Staging an intervention over someone seen smoking a cigarette while pregnant? Every episode is either Lila or Dawn having to talk to someone about something. Why can't you just mind your own business? I really can't stand Dawn. According to her, everyone who isn't a paralegal is a useless bum in some way. I don't think the woman has one true friend. I have a relative like her, you can't have a get together without her just having to "tell someone what is wrong with them". My relative has lost friends over the years and even had family stop talking to her for months at a time. 

I did think when the pregnant woman (forgot her name), said there is a worry over birth weight, maybe she should consider it could be smoking related? I don't know, she and her boyfriend seem kind of low class. Did they say they got an eviction notice on their apartment? 

I don't understand the marriage of David and Jazmin either. She made the choice the stay behind, but he doesn't seem to care about his wife or his sister. Wouldn't he at least show that he misses her or try to persuade her to be with him? I also didn't understand why he was thrown out by his parents and homeless for years. Of course Dawn wouldn't help him, she doesn't help anyone with anything. Then she acts surprised when no one wants to help her. 

• Love 3

Katie's boyfriend is making Matt from LA look like a prince. 

I'm amazed that Katie can get so defensive about her smoking and then cry over her baby's low weight.  Is it possible she doesn't understand the connection?  She's completely enabled by Jess and her boyfriend. 

Is that apartment really filthy or did Dawn just say that because there was pee on the floor when she arrived?  

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:48 PM, Madding crowd said:

I don't know, she and her boyfriend seem kind of low class. Did they say they got an eviction notice on their apartment? 

I don't understand the marriage of David and Jazmin either. She made the choice the stay behind, but he doesn't seem to care about his wife or his sister. Wouldn't he at least show that he misses her or try to persuade her to be with him? I also didn't understand why he was thrown out by his parents and homeless for years. Of course Dawn wouldn't help him, she doesn't help anyone with anything. Then she acts surprised when no one wants to help her. 

I don't know if any of these people are "high-class," but yeah the pregnant lady and her boyfriend (who still has dreams of being a singer?) seem especially low-class.  The smoking thing is weird, I know it is hard to give up but I was a smoker and when I found out I was pregnant, I had one more cigarette and quit then and there.  There are a lot of things you have to stop doing for the health of another person.  It sucks, but that is life.

They seem to be drifting, moving to NY, I am sure for the show. 

I feel like there is way more to the David story.  Both the homeless-for-years business and the moving for his job stuff.  I don't know why but I feel like there is something weird going on.  I assume Jasmine stayed in NY for the show, which would make sense as she would be making money that way, but something about the whole thing seems fake, or off.

• Love 3

I think there is something strange with David too. Did he also say his parents threw him out? It just seems strange that he would move away from his wife and not even care where she was going to live. And I wonder if this show  just put in a call for any little people, then tried to put them together. Do we think Jason, Lila and Jasmine are really living together?  I would say it's all fake, but some of the anger seems real.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Do we think Jason, Lila and Jasmine are really living together?  I would say it's all fake, but some of the anger seems real.

And they are all living in the same apartment complex, it appears.  They all have the same look.  I wonder if it is in NYC proper - they seem too big to be in the city.

I agree with all of the fake friend business, but yes they all seem very angry with each other.  Maybe they all knew of each other through the LPA.  Isn't that the name of the Little People association? 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, Madding crowd said:

I think there is something strange with David too. Did he also say his parents threw him out? It just seems strange that he would move away from his wife and not even care where she was going to live. And I wonder if this show  just put in a call for any little people, then tried to put them together. Do we think Jason, Lila and Jasmine are really living together?  I would say it's all fake, but some of the anger seems real.

I can't believe they could afford a three bedroom apartment, for one thing.  And I certainly don't believe Lila and Jason were renting a three bedroom with a decorated third bedroom just waiting for someone to ask to move in.  Which then leads me to believe that it was pre-planned for Jazmin to ask to move in with Dawn and Dawn to refuse.  Then I question everything.  So I try not to think too hard.

I do wonder what the age difference between David and Dawn is.  If he was tossed out when he was seventeen, how old was she?  He acts like she was responsible for not taking him and caring for him.  When it's my understanding that their parents were very fragile and cared for by Dawn.

(edited)

strongoxman said:

These people are just awful, and Lila is the WORST!  Jess and Katie are the only two I like at this point, and I'm just barely neutral on Jason.

I know right?!  This show just seems so scripted!  I think that Lila has some serious mental issues, one minute she makes perfect sense and then the next she says something so weird and bizarre. 

Edited by nurse1
correction on a word after typing too fast
  • Love 1
On 5/31/2016 at 0:20 PM, Madding crowd said:

I don't even believe David is living in Florida or where ever they say he is. I think they're just "pretending" so that Jazmin has a storyline. 

I also don't believe Jason really has that boyfriend, and It kind of pisses me off that last season he would not admit he was gay, and now the new season starts and it's just glossed over that oh yeah,by the way, David is now openly gay and has a boyfriend and all is great in his world when last season he was afraid of his own shadow. Really? How do his conservative mom and dad feel about that? 

I also  don't think any of them can afford those apartments. NYC rents are insane, what do any of them even do for work? I know Dawn is a paralegal, they earn approx. $45,000-$50,000 a year. In NYC after taxes that's barely enough to support yourself (sad but true) and be able to live alone in an apt that is probably in the $3,500 a month range for a one bedroom unless they're all living in New Jersey or somewhere else. 

It's all so fake. 

• Love 2

Please enough with the deadbeat pregnant chick and her boyfriend. They are not worth the tv time. People like that make me sick. No jobs, nowhere to live, no plan on how they are going to raise and pay for the child, so why not move in with a friend, take over her place and have mom foot the bill all while bringing an innocent baby in to the world. Oh, and smoke your cigs and get pissed off when people voice their concern that it just might harm your unborn child. Did Katie even thank anybody for the shower? She is so miserable. Fucking twits. 

• Love 2

Hey PJ, good luck getting the "man upstairs" to pay for your medical bills and all the other things you don't have you moron.  Like a car seat, for instance, which you're not sure if you have already.

This guy really comes off mentally challenged.  And I'm not attempting to be funny.  He's really low IQ.  He's been preparing for being a father every day - just by being himself.  He cannot get off my screen fast enough.  I think I prefer Matt from LA.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Hey PJ, good luck getting the "man upstairs" to pay for your medical bills and all the other things you don't have you moron.  Like a car seat, for instance, which you're not sure if you have already.

This guy really comes off mentally challenged.  And I'm not attempting to be funny.  He's really low IQ.  He's been preparing for being a father every day - just by being himself.  He cannot get off my screen fast enough.  I think I prefer Matt from LA.

I assume by "man upstairs" he was referring to someone at Lifetime.

PJ is a typical deadbeat dad.  I think they're more common than you'd think.  It's sad.

But Dawn and Lila are way out of line.  Dawn needs someone to slap the smirk right off her leprechaun face.

• Love 4

Katie needs to stop all the crying.  Anytime things start getting slightly elevated (which is often) she starts crying, running away and saying she's going into pre-labor or her blood pressure is up. Bitch, quit crying wolf and go into labor already!  Granted, Lila and Dawn need to MTOB, but Katie can't handle anything, won't face any issue like an adult and just starts crying like a small child.  She acted like the shower was all for the gifts but didn't want to deal with anything. I'm sure she would have preferred to tell everyone to leave the gift and go home.

• Love 1

I was watching an older episode of Four Weddings and one bride hired little people to dress as cherubs and run around the reception in a diaper with bow and arrow.  I instantly recognized Jordanna as one of the cherrubs.

• Love 1

Baby Kinzley arrives; Dawn reveals one of Lila's deepest secrets to the others; Jazmin makes a difficult decision.

I DIED.  Died with the finger scene.  Jessica with, "I think I broke your child!"  Being grossed out by a shriveled finger. Grandma wanting to make a memento.  I wanted to throw up myself.  And I've had kids.  But I was choking from laughing so hard.

Katie and PJ made me ill.  Especially PJ.  "If they aren't nice to me, I'm not working there!"  Dude.  Typical lazy deadbeat.  Real smart Katie getting knocked up by him. The way he and Katie treated her mom pissed me off.

• Love 4

This show is getting harder and harder to watch with Dawn and her know it all, I care so I'm getting in your business, sharing it and telling you what to do attitude. Yes, Lila shared her sexual antics on tv and with a new person at lunch, however, it's not Dawn's business to go tell everyone they know about it. Jazmin and David should stay in Florida away from Dawn. 

I don't see PJ getting his stuff together for the baby or Katie. Kathie should kick him out and Katie should file for custody and child support. He sucks.

• Love 2

What a coinky-dink that Katie and her clan would decide to move back west as soon as filming wrapped.  I mean, if I didn't know better, I'd think that she might have just come to New York to be on the show.

Dawn is a piece of shit.  And the make up and the perma-bitch smirk she has makes her look like an evil leprechaun munchkin from hell.

But I am glad that Lila got a taste of her own "I'm allowed to be an asshole to you because I care" attitude from Dawn.  Turnaround and all.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, bichonblitz said:

I don't even believe David is living in Florida or where ever they say he is. I think they're just "pretending" so that Jazmin has a storyline. 

I also  don't think any of them can afford those apartments. NYC rents are insane, what do any of them even do for work? I know Dawn is a paralegal, they earn approx. $45,000-$50,000 a year. In NYC after taxes that's barely enough to support yourself (sad but true) and be able to live alone in an apt that is probably in the $3,500 a month range for a one bedroom unless they're all living in New Jersey or somewhere else. 

It's all so fake. 

I agree, I bet David is hiding in a cupboard or something. 

No way can they afford the apartments, unless they are located in New Jersey or something.  Actually, they remind me of an "extended stay" type of place.  I bet the show puts them up for the time they are filming.  That's why they all live together. 

Strange how this show is so fake, I bet the real stories of their lives are interesting - I would like to see more of the daily life of a little person, not some crazy drama over deadbeat PJ. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree, I bet David is hiding in a cupboard or something. 

No way can they afford the apartments, unless they are located in New Jersey or something.  Actually, they remind me of an "extended stay" type of place.  I bet the show puts them up for the time they are filming.  That's why they all live together. 

Strange how this show is so fake, I bet the real stories of their lives are interesting - I would like to see more of the daily life of a little person, not some crazy drama over deadbeat PJ. 

After watching last night, there is no way their apts are in NYC. Several times they showed the building from the outside and they have open balconies. You don't ever see an open balcony for each apartment like that in the city. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

What a coinky-dink that Katie and her clan would decide to move back west as soon as filming wrapped.  I mean, if I didn't know better, I'd think that she might have just come to New York to be on the show.

Good! I don't ever want to see that bitch face Katie and her loser lazy ass boyfriend on my TV again. 

Dawn is another miserable peice of work. She has pretty hair. That's about the only nice thing I can say about her. 

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure I couldn't have a screaming fight while an absolutely adorable dog excitedly wags its tail and tries to lick my face.  Both Dawn and Lila kept edging farther away because the dog was on face level and trying to sneak a frenchie.

I just can't hate Lila.  I initially liked her because Joe from LA hated her, and that's all I needed to know.  There's something about her that I just like, and she's certainly more likable to me that the rest of this bunch.

Loved, absolutely loved that Katie blamed Dawn and Lila for upsetting her precious baby.  Maybe the baby is crying because her necrotic finger just fell off.  Maybe Kinsley is crying because there was an argument between her grandmother and father.  Maybe Kinsley is crying because her mother reeks of cigarette smoke and she's tired of being handed off to people.  Maybe Kinsley is crying because her mother is stressed out about procreating with a dead-beat loser who doesn't care if his family is homeless. 

I need Katie and PJ to not be on this show next season.  I really can't handle them.  First, PJ is on more than the other ladies, and he's neither little nor a woman.  And what a good for nothing.  He's 44 y/o still waiting to be discovered in the music business.  He's free-loading off his girlfriend's mother, and yelling at that older woman when she dares tell him to GET A JOB!  And then he has the nerve, the actual nerve to tell Kathie that he has been "blessing everybody with this kid"!  WTF.  Yes PJ, you have carried the Christ child yourself and have saved the world.  Give me a break.  He sure thinks highly of his DNA.  And what has he actually contributed?  He either lies on the bed like a giant slug, or he slouches on the couch with the baby balanced on his big belly - look, no hands! 

And there's Katie, who's continually exhausted.  Now new mothers are always exhausted, but let's be real.  Her mother is catering to her every need, and Katie simply hands the child off to Jess the moment she walks in the door, and instructs her to change the baby's diaper, and give her a bath.  I was flabbergasted.  What a couple these two are.  We know we're freeloading Jess, but I at least need to figure out this mother thing before I'm expected to find a place to live.  Surely it's your and my mother's responsibility to support me, my baby, and this giant fat-ass that I've glommed on to.

Other than that, I actually enjoy this show, and can't believe it's only a seven episode season.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just can't hate Lila.  I initially liked her because Joe from LA hated her, and that's all I needed to know. 

And there's Katie, who's continually exhausted.  

Other than that, I actually enjoy this show, and can't believe it's only a seven episode season.

Ha!!  Yes I liked Lila initially for the same reason.  I loathe Joe.  I actually still like Lila, I don't know why.

I imagine that Katie wasn't taking her Xanax when pregnant, but is back on it now.  I bet she's really popping them now.  Not sure if we know she takes Xanax or if I just assume.  I mean, the way she handles stress makes me certain she is used to taking something when the going gets tough.

That was a very short season!  I wonder why it was only seven episodes.

• Love 3

Yea, Katie. Could she look any less enthused to be a new mother? You made your bed, honey. Now live with it for the next 18 years! 

How many times did we hear this in one episode: Here, take the baby (to who ever is standing the closest to her).  I'm taking a nap. 

• Love 3

Maybe it's only 7 episodes because it's so bad?  I stopped watching a few episodes ago, cuz I just could not stand all the senseless fighting and being in each others bizness. No one listens or respects another enough to bother. TLC loves drama and fighting over crap. Nope, too crazy for me. Gotta go read a book. 

• Love 1

Watching late in the game, I'm also a fan of Lila... Dawn is horribly unhappy and spreads that crap around under the guise of being 'truthful'... too much of the new peeps on this season, I would have rather seen the MIA gals from last season. I also think they all live in the same building as some others posted in earlier episode comments... those Apts are awfully nice for NYC, and for folks who don't seem to have a regular job (outside of paralegal Dawn) ?

Edited by BodhiGurl
Typo
  • Love 2