Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: NY - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I get that this show is basically scripted to a certain extent, I mean, none of them are even passable at reading off the teleprompters. But this episode reached truly new heights of ridiculous. But it gets to a point where it has to be arsed - do these people have no coping skills? They're all adults, seemingly prosperous, yet they are bickering over inane nothings. "Well, Misti said shit, too. Why didn't she help me gang up on Dawn and ruin everyone's night?!" Maybe she was commiserating with you as a friend at the charity benefit, and was trying to defuse the situation at dinner? I felt bad for Misti because that was the clear case but she, like everyone on this show, is pretty inarticulate and too immature to convey their feelings properly. Throwing a glass wine glass at someone's face? Dawn's a huge bitch, yes, but they ALL know this, and I loled when she owned whiny Kristin, who had no reason at all to be so butthurt. Then deflecting everything onto how she was sooo mad at Misti. Dumb and transparent. Which seemed to be the theme for the evening. If it is scripted, why can't we get better scripts?

This whole episode seemed like one long endless scene of douchey, mind boggling behavior, said behavior being denounced as "soooo high school" followed by an announcement of being "sooo over it." Grown ass women. And I have to say, I find Jason's face to be so punchable. He delivers all his lines with such an arrogant smirk, and seems to relish any drama his snitchy behavior causes. It was cringeworthy to see the way he ran right over to Dawn last week, then again this week when he, a man, harshly pushed Jordanna in the water. I don't care if you're both little, that is straight up unacceptable. Especially re: the problem with her ears. Dude is a bitch. He pretty obviously has problems with himself, his sexuality, and others' percieved weaknesses in him. And cue the tears at dinner, where he explains he was so mad that Jordanna disrespected him and called him a coward because he's... a coward. Groundbreaking.

Dawn's a bitch because her Mom died six years ago and no one "could ever understand that." She has no family to fall back on despite being literally the only one in cast with family on the show - and two, at that. Kristin is a bitch because the much younger Misti is a bad friend and doesn't back her foolishness up. Lila is the only one I can stand and, dare I say, find charming. Jordanna isn't nearly as offensive, either, but I dislike how she fans every fire she comes across, ie Kristin's tonight. Why are any of these people friends?

That said, appointment TV.

• Love 4
(edited)

FU  Dawn. My mom died when I was 17. I miss her every day of my life. I have never, ever treated people the way she does. She taught me better than that. 

Isn't Dawn a paralegal? You can enroll in a 2 yr.,program  to be a Paralegal. My cousin did and lives in NJ. She earns $45,000 per year, hardly enough to support your self in a nice apt. in NYC. So Dawn needs to get off her holier than thou attitude.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

Shut the fuck up, Dawn.  Nobody can understand losing a mother?  That is one thing almost everybody can or will one day too soon understand, unless you die first and then only a few can understand the loss of a child.

Jason needs to get off my TV screen, because I can't afford a new one and want to throw something at it every time his bad acting self mugs for the camera.  "I accidentally touched her", crocodile tears, AAAND scene.

This show is good for nothing except snarking at the bad script and even worse acting.  What a nasty shitfest it is turning into.

• Love 3

What could have been a good show about little people living in a big city, dealing with the trials and tribulations of every day life there has turned in to nothing about little people at all. Just a bunch of people hired to start shit with each other every episode is all it is.  

• Love 4

This show has so many flashbacks and previews that I never know what parts are the actual show. I've started liking Lila more and Jason less but I don't understand adults acting like this. I always find social situations with my friends as pretty lighthearted fare, this group can't get through a dinner without someone crying.

I also wish I was on a reality show so I could go on so many vacations. Of course my group would be enjoying themselves too much to provide drama.

• Love 3
(edited)

Count me among those of you who are seriously disappointed with the way this show turned out.  I should've known better than to have such high hopes at the start that this was going to be less catty, less full of bullshit and fake drama than the LA version... or any Housewives show on Bravo.  Wrong.

Dawn proved, once again, that she is the ultimate master manipulator.  I'd be impressed if it wasn't a little scary at how good she is at it, or how stupid her friends are for letting her get away with it.  Kristin was right to apologize for throwing the drink at Dawn, but how the hell did that get from there to Dawn boohoo'ing her eyes out because her mother passed away?  I don't get how any of that has to do with her being a shit-stirring, hypocritical, overly judgemental, snide bitch.  Yes, it's sad that her mother, the "love of her life" (really?), passed away, but that doesn't excuse one iota of her shitty behavior towards others.  Obviously, she's far from the only person in the world who was so close to a parent who died.  And she has "no family" to help her pick up the pieces if her world falls apart?  I guess, once again, Jazmin is persona non grata.  I bet that made Jazmin feel really good.

I really thought I couldn't hate anyone more than Lila or Christy from the LA show, but Dawn made quite the runaway victory with that trophy.

Jason definitely did not "touch Jordanna on accident"; he's shown full-on shoving her.  What I find funny, though, is that the editors never showed Jordanna in the water right after she fell in. They just kept filming everyone running up to the side calling after her.  You mean to tell me not one cameraman thought to point the camera down at Jordanna in the water?  Yeah, okay.  Therefore, I call bullshit on that whole scene because that made me think that there was someone in the water waiting for her to get pushed in and pull her right up.  God, I'm so tired of the obvious fake shenanigans.

Despite all of that, word to Jordanna for being a little annoyed by random strangers taking their picture.  I've had that happen to me many times and I was never in a group of other little people when it's happened; it was just me.  Jason said he'd rather pick and choose his battles, which I can understand, but the bottom line is that it's so fucking rude and unnecessary.

Anyway, I'm so over this show. I just wish I had the power to keep myself from watching anyway.  :P

P.S. I wish I could rename Jordanna's thread to "Jordanna James: Are You Serious?!" because that is literally what she has said every. single. time. something happened over which she became incredulous.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 4

I was hoping to see life in New York City on this show. Not! Only the badly scripted and badly acted antics of a bunch of bad actresses ( and Jason).

The only focus on this show has been one or more of these 'friends' fighting and then quickly making up.

The whole vacation was B.S. When they were all driving away in the golf carts I am pretty positive they showed, from the back, Jason and Jordanna in the same cart. Scripted!

Then on the boat Jason steps away from the edge of the boat so Jordanna could move into place and he pushed her in the water. It was so obvious. Scripted! And as soon as Jordanna hit the water the boat guy was standing there with a rope and life preserver.

The finale is next week. I predict one more big fight, scripted TH interviews about it, reflections about how they need to work on themselves, and then all make up and be happy.

Because that's basically how this whole show has been week after week.

• Love 3

Jason definitely did not "touch Jordanna on accident"; he's shown full-on shoving her.  What I find funny, though, is that the editors never showed Jordanna in the water right after she fell in. They just kept filming everyone running up to the side calling after her.  You mean to tell me not one cameraman thought to point the camera down at Jordanna in the water?  Yeah, okay.  Therefore, I call bullshit on that whole scene because that made me think that there was someone in the water waiting for her to get pushed in and pull her right up.  God, I'm so tired of the obvious fake shenanigans.

The only focus on this show has been one or more of these 'friends' fighting and then quickly making up.

Then on the boat Jason steps away from the edge of the boat so Jordanna could move into place and he pushed her in the water. It was so obvious. Scripted! And as soon as Jordanna hit the water the boat guy was standing there with a rope and life preserver.

This evidence, combined with the fact that Jordanna was the ONLY ONE with just a bikini on at the time. Everyone else on the boat was fully clothed. 

The producers truly are underestimating the intelligence of their audience. It's like they're not even trying. 

• Love 2

I saw Jason and Jordanna in the same golf cart also, if they were at odds they would've gone with other people. Also Jordanna was "barely touched " she was full on shoved with both hands off the boat.

Dawn it would have been better if you said you can't count on the family you do have vs. " I have no family" since you have a brother and sister-in-law ON the show.

• Love 2

I also came to comment about the golf cart thing!  If I didn't already clearly know that this is entirely scripted, that just seals it.  While I've been trying to hang in, now I just feel like I'm wasting my time.  

• Love 1
The tension between Misty and the rest of the group escalates; Kristin's anxiety over her upcoming birthday mounts; the group throws Kristin a birthday bash.
(edited)

Oh, Misty, Misty, Misty... I had said a few episodes ago exactly what Jason said, which was that her mistakes and actions may very well be a sign of immaturity and the need to learn so much more about life because she is several years younger than most of the others. I really hope that's the case and that she's not just a dumb, lying idiot that won't mature over time because she looked like a dumb, lying idiot throughout much of this episode. I mean, really, did your mom simply pass out while lying on the couch like your mother actually said on camera, Misty, or did your father find her "in a coma on the floor"? I hate when people exaggerate the health woes of a loved one for attention and, most often, as an excuse for their behavior. Speaking of which, what is it with these women that think just because a parent died or is sick that that's a totally valid excuse for them acting like assholes? Newsflash, ladies, LOTS of people have sick or dead family members and still manage to act with grace, kindness, and humility. As for her breakup, I wonder if Joe got freaked out by her being on this show and decided to cut ties now before it got too out of hand (like LA). I'd say smart choice to him if that's the case.

I think Dawn needs to move on and find someone local who will put up with her stubborn, narrow-minded, judgmental and manipulative ways because her current relationship is DOOMED. If they've been dating for 5 years and he's been away working on yachts for most of that time, I highly doubt he's going to totally shift career gears and come back to land to find a different kind of job permanently. Especially since I can totally see that there's no way in hell Dawn would give up her "career" for him and live the nomadic life that he has together. That's obviously not a career that's conducive to a marriage and kids. Give up the ghost, Dawn.

Kristin can get the hell out of here with her horrible acting over Josh's Marcia Brady "Something suddenly came up!" excuse for missing her party. In reality, I highly doubt she'd just let it go without an actual reason as to what really came up. Stupid. I really hope the cliffhanger as to what Josh is giving to her is just really nice earrings and not an engagement ring. For someone who is still so traumatized by a divorce 8 years prior, you'd think the chick would know better than to get engaged to a dude she's been dating not only for a mere 4 months, but all long distance. Again with the stupid producer-driven contrivance.

Jordanna needs to get a grip and get over her relationship insecurities. The more you push a guy about not looking at other women, about how much you're scared he'll find someone else, the more likely they will. Relax. Also, find a new, more flattering hairstyle than that flat-topped curly mop. She could do so much better with her curls!

Lila... meh, she started out with a bang and seemed to fizzle towards the end.

Jason... come out already.  (Edited later to add: Okay, I obviously missed what he said at the end of the show during the first airing because having watched a late re-airing, Jason said something along the lines of "I still have room for that special someone and when I find him, you'll know."  So, welcome to the world outside of the closet, Jason?!)

Did I leave anyone else out? Oh, Jazmin... um, pretty headshot. Good luck with the "support" you're suddenly receiving from Dawn.

Whatever... hope they all get some serious acting lessons before next season.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 3

I'm annoyed by how fake this show is. And the last 5 minutes were the worst of it.

Kristin's boyfriend can be seen in the background dancing with the rest of the cast before his "surprise" arrival during cake cutting.  If your "reality" stars are bad actors, at least get the continuity right in the editing. I'm sure producers told Josh to dramatically push his way to the crowd--he was pushing people that weren't even in his way!   And who were these average-height people hired to attend the party and make shocked faces at Josh's "proposal" (which will probably turn out to be just earrings)?

Misty reminds me of Busy Philipps, at least aesthetically. She's seems to be in a bit of denial about her break up --  who calls breaking up with a boyfriend "a separation?"  There were all these tears and discussion about how Joe needed some space, when the audience hardly knows the guy. So I ended up not caring. 

And I still don't buy that the cast members live in Manhattan. If they do, their apartment is far uptown (i.e., Misty and Kristin) or their rent is being paid for by the show. There's absolutely no problem with that, just be freakin transparent.  They're lucky this show isn't more popular, otherwise all of this info would be unearthed. 

I don't think I'll be back for season 2.

• Love 2

This show was heavily scripted and badly acted so I didn't take anything they did or said seriously.

I guess I heard Jason wrong at the end, I thought he said 'when I find them' not him.

The ending was very disjointed. They had parting comments from only three people. The 'conflict ' with Misty of course got discussed, bitched about, tears, and make up, we are such good friends! Love you guys! This scenario was how many scenes this season?

So the cliffhanger was Josh giving a gift, ring? To Kristen so I guess there will be a season 2. If something better is on I won't be watching.

• Love 1

I guess I heard Jason wrong at the end, I thought he said 'when I find them' not him.

He did say "them". How clever to make us wonder. NOT! 

Well, judgemental I'm smarter than everybody Dawn sure has a screwed up relationship... her boyfriend is not in to her. Duh! After five years, does she not have a clue? Don't tell me she wouldn't drop everything if he gave even one morsel of hope that he wanted more than what they have right now. Do they even see each other in person or do they just Skype? What a joke. Go away delusional Dawn. 

That birthday party was hysterical. Who were all the extra's in the background? I guess we're supposed to believe they were all Kristin's friends. 

Jordanna and her dramatics about her boyfriend leaving for 3 mos. She is really insecure about him finding someone else. Obviously she was paying all the bills, she said it was going to be nice that he was going to have a job to help her out.  

I like that Lila doesn't have a rediculous boyfriend relationship. She came out of this season as the most likeable of them all. 

Best part of the episode was Jason knocking over the chocolate cake at that cake tasting. Was anybody else besides me craving cake after watching that? 

• Love 5
(edited)

Jason... come out already.  (Edited later to add: Okay, I obviously missed what he said at the end of the show during the first airing because having watched a late re-airing, Jason said something along the lines of "I still have room for that special someone and when I find him, you'll know."  So, welcome to the world outside of the closet, Jason?!)

He said "when I find them" not "HIM."  Still...

Edited by Momof2boyz
  • Love 2
(edited)

Misty reminds me of Busy Philipps, at least aesthetically. 

That's who she reminds me of!!  I could not figure it out.

Edited by DanaMB
(edited)

I guess I heard Jason wrong at the end, I thought he said 'when I find them' not him

He did say "them". How clever to make us wonder. NOT! 

He said "when I find them" not "HIM."  Still...

I went back and watched this part with the closed captioning -- it says HIM! I think it's a transcription mistake though, as I too hear the word "them." The transcribers for the show probably just assumed Jason's gay lol. 

Jason doesn't strike me as a person to come out to audiences in his talking head when he could have basked in the drama using it as a storyline for a whole season. 

Sorry for quoting you all, was probably unnecessary lol

Edited by JoJoPowerRanger
  • Love 2
(edited)

I went back and watched this part with the closed captioning -- it says HIM! I think it's a transcription mistake though, as I too hear the word "them." The transcribers for the show probably just assumed Jason's gay lol.

Ah, you all beat me to it!  I thought Jason originally said "them", too, but my closed captioning said "him" as well.  Plus, I thought the little "Ding!" sound affect that the editors slid in after he said that was sort of a nod to us to say, "Aha! There, he said it."  But perhaps it was just transcription error/wishful thinking afterall.

Jordanna's mom was all kinds of awesome. She gave Jordanna great advice. Listen to your mom, girl!

What kind of an accent did her mom have?  Was it a Boston, Chicago, or midwestern one? Or something completely different? It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

I can't believe I still watch this horribly-acted mess but I can't quit. Jordanna's relationship with her boyfriend seems so sweet; she really needs to ease up on the "other girls" talk. In a way, it makes me sad because (and I could be way off base here) she seemed to be implying that she was afraid he would meet an average height girl. She never came out and said it but that's what it seemed like to me :/

Not that my opinion matters (I am not a little person so I may be speaking from a place of Average Height Privilege; also because this is a fake show so who knows what's real and what's not) but I just want to shake her and say "Honey, he has met average height girls! Lots of them! He chose you. Relax."

She actually did say that she was worried he'd meet an average height girl at least once or twice during earlier episodes.  She really acts like she is deathly afraid he'll meet an average height girl and ditch her.  Well hey, technically, if he's going to meet another girl and ditch her anyway, the odds are quite high that he will meet an average height girl, not another little person.  :P

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought all of those other people at the party were hired extras pretending to be friends of Kristin and/or the gang.  LOL God, this is the most transparent, horribly acted "reality" show.  It almost makes me long for the LW: LA bullshit because this was so bad.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 3

What kind of an accent did her mom have?  Was it a Boston, Chicago, or midwestern one? Or something completely different? It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

I thought I heard her say her mother is Welsh.

• Love 1

I thought it was a British accent.

I think Jordanna is safe with her man. He is too young to sport the "missing a tooth" and doughboy-zero muscle tone look to pull chicks...jesus :/

You think she'd be unhappy to unload him, if her comment upon learning of this job opportunity was to point out he'd finally be able to help financially. It appears that she's been supporting the both of them. 

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. I knew this show was scripted and fake but now they're just insulting our intelligence. That played out like a goddamn telenovela. A man physically shoves a woman OFF A BOAT into water of undetermined depth, and then literally the next scene is them making up, with him in tears??! Not even a mention of "wow, you just assaulted someone, and as an adult, actions like that come with consequences." Or "Jason, we should probably kick you off the show and definitely send you to anger management classes."

Whatthefuckever, Lifetime.

And don't even get me started on Dawn. I'm sorry she lost her mom. I truly am. But how does that make her better than everyone else? How does that give her the freedom to belittle everyone around her, and insult her "friends" for not going to college? It was nice of Kristin to apologize for throwing the glass but did Dawn apologize for being an absolute asshole? Nope.

I can't with this show.

I can't continue watching this show either!  Yes, the show is so overly scripted and fake but all they do is have constant melodrama and rudeness.  It is nothing but nonstop antics set up by the show and not anything close to a reflection of real life as little people.  Each show has the ladies dressed up for whatever is going on like they are dolls instead of adult human beings.  This could be an  interesting show if it had more depth and real issues.  They have interesting people in the cast if they allowed them to be more than a two-dimensional stereotype.  Then the "Conflict of the Week" and everyone overreacting and then going to drink and argue and fight some more after the alcohol takes effect.  Is their whole lives spent argueing and fighting with one another and then making up?  If I wanted to hear and see people being verbally abusive and loud I could go to a family reunion.  At least with a family reunion there is good food.  The melodrama does not have to be jam packed into every minute.   Why does the focus have to always been who is in conflict and having problems with their "best friend."  The scripts is always them calling each other out on petty crap and always some stupid manufactored drama. 

The cut-ins where the people talk between scenes is so fake, plus has anyone else noticed the women all wear the same bright pink lipstick?  Makeup can't match their lips to their clothing?  Red tops still get the same Barbie pink lip color.  Nothing spontaneous about any of it.  

Dawn is a miserable excuse for a person, average or little!  Even if the show was less offensive I don't think I could watch Dawn being allowed to belittle and verbally abuse everyone else.

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. I knew this show was scripted and fake but now they're just insulting our intelligence. That played out like a goddamn telenovela. A man physically shoves a woman OFF A BOAT into water of undetermined depth, and then literally the next scene is them making up, with him in tears??! Not even a mention of "wow, you just assaulted someone, and as an adult, actions like that come with consequences." Or "Jason, we should probably kick you off the show and definitely send you to anger management classes."

Whatthefuckever, Lifetime.

And don't even get me started on Dawn. I'm sorry she lost her mom. I truly am. But how does that make her better than everyone else? How does that give her the freedom to belittle everyone around her, and insult her "friends" for not going to college? It was nice of Kristin to apologize for throwing the glass but did Dawn apologize for being an absolute asshole? Nope.

I can't with this show.

I can't continue watching this show either!  Yes, the show is so overly scripted and fake but all they do is have constant melodrama and rudeness.  It is nothing but nonstop antics set up by the show and not anything close to a reflection of real life as little people.  Each show has the ladies dressed up for whatever is going on like they are dolls instead of adult human beings.  This could be an  interesting show if it had more depth and real issues.  They have interesting people in the cast if they allowed them to be more than a two-dimensional stereotype.  Then the "Conflict of the Week" and everyone overreacting and then going to drink and argue and fight some more after the alcohol takes effect.  Is their whole lives spent argueing and fighting with one another and then making up?  If I wanted to hear and see people being verbally abusive and loud I could go to a family reunion.  At least with a family reunion there is good food.  The melodrama does not have to be jam packed into every minute.   Why does the focus have to always been who is in conflict and having problems with their "best friend."  The scripts is always them calling each other out on petty crap and always some stupid manufactored drama. 

The cut-ins where the people talk between scenes is so fake, plus has anyone else noticed the women all wear the same bright pink lipstick?  Makeup can't match their lips to their clothing?  Red tops still get the same Barbie pink lip color.  Nothing spontaneous about any of it.  

Dawn is a miserable excuse for a person, average or little!  Even if the show was less offensive I don't think I could watch Dawn being allowed to belittle and verbally abuse everyone else.

(edited)

Since Lifetime loves to repeat episodes on Wednesdays and there was not even one peep of LW:NY aired today, does that mean there's no reunion show? I'm thinking that if this show was even remotely considered a ratings success, they wouldn't have lost momentum by skipping a week until airing a reunion. Hell, even "Terra's Little Family" got a pointless "reunion" immediately after the last episode.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 2

Since Lifetime loves to repeat episodes on Wednesdays and there was not even one peep of LW:NY aired today, does that mean there's no reunion show? I'm thinking that if this show was even remotely considered a ratings success, they wouldn't have lost momentum by skipping a week until airing a reunion. Hell, even "Terra's Little Family" got a pointless "reunion" immediately after the last episode.

Good question. I didn't watch the LA show until this season. Did they get a reunion the first season?

Good question. I didn't watch the LA show until this season. Did they get a reunion the first season?

No, they didn't get a reunion their first season. I'm not surprised that the NY edition didn't either. 

Hm, I guess you're right... the LA edition didn't get a reunion after the first season.  But still, I'm surprised the NY edition didn't get one anyway considering they have now done it with LA.  Related or unrelated, I wonder if NY's ratings weren't good compared to LA?

Hm, I guess you're right... the LA edition didn't get a reunion after the first season.  But still, I'm surprised the NY edition didn't get one anyway considering they have now done it with LA.  Related or unrelated, I wonder if NY's ratings weren't good compared to LA?

It's not surprising to me, especially after the way the season ended, without any updates on the participants. That sort of thing has become something of a standard. Sure, they had a few cast members talking heads that sounded like something akin to updates when talking about their futures, but it appeared very shoddy to me. It seemed to be a sloppy end to this season. Maybe, because this show won't be back for a second season? Perhaps, low ratings? The reviews I do on the NY edition aren't half as popular as the LA ones. My most recent review on the LA sneak preview had more views than my review of the last episode for the NY edition. Not that that is any indication of viewership, but I can definitely see NY not doing as well in the ratings when compared to the LA edition. 

No love for S2, EP1?

I have to say, while I thought S1's cast was much more authentic than L.A. and Atl. (low bar, I know. . . and no pun intended), the fact that they're flying small-person talent in from other states (and one from across the country) to fill out this cast is disappointing.

And, for the one who claims she has the "real" and "non-little-person-exploitative" job, Dawn sure is in full fame-whore mode, from her "drop-in" during the L.A. Reunion to her behavior this episode.  Yes, little people wresting (even if it uses the scary "M-word" label) is exactly the same as drunks hurling little-people through the air.  Please.

Well, new season in NY was same ol, same ol.  Jazmin trying to make a life while get sister in law wants her to get a real job.  

New girl Jessie brings the skank, bragging abt making big bucks for wrestling and other "entertainment" venues. ..so why work hard at a traditional job? Sure, that logic works when your young and semi- cute. 

Lila and the guy...sorry cant remember his name ) ate rooming together so they can hook up with others.  He invites Terra to party at apt. fiighting and yelling ensue.  Yawn. 

In the Season 2 premiere, Jason surprises the group with his new love interest; one of the ladies reveals that she's pregnant; and Jazmin's husband makes an announcement that starts a family feud. Later, an unexpected guest sends Lila over the edge.

See, I can't stand Jazmin and her whining.  Dawn is NOT obligated to let someone move-in with her, especially someone with whom she doesn't get along.  The only reason this is even an issue is because Jazmin wants to pursue a career in entertainment without getting a temp job or do office work in the meantime.  Why not move to FL with her husband?

It's nice Jazmin has dreams, but she doesn't really seem to hustle.  If she wants to stay in NYC and away from her husband, she needs to get some kind of job while she tries to make it in entertainment.

Dawn sees her brother supporting Jazmin, and I don't blame her for putting her foot down and refusing to further enable Jazmin's sloth, especially the way Jazmin was speaking to Dawn--that is really not the way to speak to someone from whom you're trying to ask a big favor!

On 5/13/2016 at 1:42 PM, strongoxman said:

See, I can't stand Jazmin and her whining.  Dawn is NOT obligated to let someone move-in with her, especially someone with whom she doesn't get along.  The only reason this is even an issue is because Jazmin wants to pursue a career in entertainment without getting a temp job or do office work in the meantime.  Why not move to FL with her husband?

It's nice Jazmin has dreams, but she doesn't really seem to hustle.  If she wants to stay in NYC and away from her husband, she needs to get some kind of job while she tries to make it in entertainment.

Dawn sees her brother supporting Jazmin, and I don't blame her for putting her foot down and refusing to further enable Jazmin's sloth, especially the way Jazmin was speaking to Dawn--that is really not the way to speak to someone from whom you're trying to ask a big favor!

Right?! Jazmin said, "The thing is that because [David and I] are living in two separate states, that means two different rents, and financially it doesn't make sense. Because you're family, we figured it would just be best if I lived with someone and it would be best with you." Where's the question there?  Jazmin never actually asked for the favor, and I'm no fan of Dawn, but I thought that was so rude and presumptuous of Jazmin. 

While I agree Jazmin didn't actually ask to move in with Dawn and that was extremely rude when expecting a favor, I think Dawn could have handled the rejection better. "I understand you need a place, but I don't think moving in here is a good idea because x, y, and z. How about I help you as you look for an inexpensive, safe place to live." I think that Jazmin might have subconsciously phrased it that way because she didn't want to live with Dawn and wanted Dawn to say no. That was a sure way to do it.

The problem I have with Dawn is that she has no people skills. She goes right to what she thinks is wrong with people and expects them to listen, but will accept no remarks about her own inadequacies. Her rejection ended up causing a larger argument - yes, Jazmin played a big part in it in assuming Dawn should take her in - but Dawn always says she's trying to look out for Jazmin and protect her. Throwing Jazmin out on the street is not protecting her, but helping her find a place to live independently that she can afford would be, if that's what Dawn is so sure Jazmin needs to do. I wasn't surprised Jazmin went to her other friends and their new apartment, because New York is expensive so I would expect someone with little to no income to have to split the rent. I really hope she's paying her friends for the room!    

1 hour ago, Zanne said:

Throwing Jazmin out on the street is not protecting her, but helping her find a place to live independently that she can afford would be, if that's what Dawn is so sure Jazmin needs to do. I wasn't surprised Jazmin went to her other friends and their new apartment, because New York is expensive so I would expect someone with little to no income to have to split the rent. I really hope she's paying her friends for the room!    

When did Dawn throw Jazmin out on the street??  Dawn isn't Jazmin's landlord!  I simply don't think Dawn wanted to be a part of enabling Jazmin's bullshit.  The only person throwing Jazmin out on the street is Jazmin herself--she could move to FL and live with her husband!  In fact, with the proximity to Disney, there might even be more entertainment opportunities in FL where she would be more competitive.

I have yet to see Jazmin actually show any passion or commitment to acting or the entertainment industry; instead I see someone who doesn't have any concrete goals she is working towards and is using "trying to get into the entertainment industry" as a way to justify not really being a productive member of society.

I see a very stark difference in character and attitude between Jazmin and someone like last year's Jordanna.

Why would David just move and not help his wife find somewhere to live first? I don't think Jazmin has much of a career, but since David is the one movie he should have some consideration of where his wife will go. I don't like Dawn but why would Jazmin ask to live with her since they can't stand each other?

I'm not sure I like this group any better than the LA ones. Why are people so angry nowadays? When I was single I hung out with a group of friends and we mostly got along great with no screaming matches. Not saying we were perfect and never had a disagreement, but nothing like these people have every day. What a stressful way to live!

13 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Why would David just move and not help his wife find somewhere to live first? I don't think Jazmin has much of a career, but since David is the one movie he should have some consideration of where his wife will go. I don't like Dawn but why would Jazmin ask to live with her since they can't stand each other?

I'm not sure I like this group any better than the LA ones. Why are people so angry nowadays? When I was single I hung out with a group of friends and we mostly got along great with no screaming matches. Not saying we were perfect and never had a disagreement, but nothing like these people have every day. What a stressful way to live!

Because these people are not actually friends.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like Lila--she's got issues, but she seems like she's trying to stay normal.  

Jazmin is immature.  Dawn is a know-it-all.  Jess is kind of skanky.  The new pregnant girl looks rough--like she'd cut you if you looked at her funny.  Jason is narcissistic, but his boyfriend is cute.

I sincerely hope they get some better  story lines than this first show.   Isn't entertainment really a  subsistence career? I mean don't struggling musicians, dancers and actors live from hand to mouth in large cities (NY, LA, Las Vegas)?  Or with friends with jobs?   And what do you do when you are no longer young or cute (Jess)?

Edited by Tosia