Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: NY - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think Jazmin's accent is just a classic Latina in NYC accent, ShaNaeNae.  Reminds me of a lot of people I run into in the 5 boroughs, especially the Bronx, Brooklyn, or Queens.

And I think only Dawn would be offended by being called "adorable" in this group since she's so super sensitive to little people stereotypes.  Personally, I'm kind of used to it and just laugh it off.  I sure as hell would rather be called adorable than something derogatory like "m*****" or "freak."  ;)

• Love 1

I must be becoming one of the most incredibly jaded and cynical people when it comes to these reality shows because I don't buy Lila's date as legit for one second.  For one thing, the dude just so happens to be a "performer", too?  I totally believe he jumped at this arranged date because he thinks it'll somehow buy him some sudden 15 minutes of fame.  Secondly, Lila is a fucking idiot if she thinks that simply not putting her height on her dating profile will fool anyone.  She took all of those pictures of herself with Jason, so I'm sure she put up at least one or two of them.  Hey, Lila, you're an achon and unless that dude lived in a third world jungle his entire life, it's 100% obvious you're a little person just by looking at your face.  And thirdly, he obviously had to sign releases to film and air this so-called date, so sorry, this was totally staged and not a true reflection of a little person going out on a blind date from the internet at all.  Thanks for trying to insult my intelligence, producers.

Lila is also an idiot for saying to the group that she didn't "withhold" any information.  Um, yeah, you did.  You didn't put your height on there, therefore you withheld it.  I think what she meant to or should've said was that she didn't lie about her height on there.  (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on that one because a lot of dating sites make you put something for your height.)  Obviously, I'm one of the first people to say that height shouldn't matter when it comes to dating, life, etc.  But having been around the block many times in the internet dating world, I know firsthand that as much as it feels unfair and stupid, it really is best to just be upfront with it before you meet your date in person.  There are dating sites that I've used that don't allow you to put anything under 5', so I have to put "<5'."  But if it does allow me, I put 3'8" and that's it.  I don't go on about it in my description of myself, though, because that has nothing to do with me as a person, my likes/dislikes, etc.  So, what tends to happen is guys either don't mention it or they ask me if it's a typo.  I'm honest and explain that it's not.  Also, if it still hasn't come up and we hit it off and get to the point of discussing meeting up, I am crystal clear with them about my height beforehand.  Truthfully, there have been many guys who tell me they are not comfortable with it or they pull the alien abduction act and suddenly go radio silent.  Okay, so be it.  No skin off my back.  But you know what?  I do this because I'd rather deal with any potential awkward surprises over the phone or through e-mail than endure it in person.  As much as it sucks, I know my height can be an issue for some guys and I'd prefer to not have to sit through a pointless date of awkwardness, pity, or straight up being walked out on (not that I've experienced the latter, thankfully).  Sorry, little people or anyone who may disagree with me, but in this day and age where stupid people value superficiality over personality a bit more than they should, it's only fair to be honest, but it's mainly fair to me to do this so I avoid unnecessary feelings of hurt and/or insult in public if they don't take it so well.

Anywaaaaay... Dawn might as well have not said anything to Jazmin at all.  Clearly, it wasn't an apology like she said, but she's still not supporting Jazmin if she doesn't agree or like anything Jazmin does with entertainment.

It was kind of hard for me to hear Dawn's boyfriend in their scenes while Skyping... did I hear some kind of foreign accent or no?  Just curious.  It's terrible that his parents feel the way they do about her and their relationship, but if she's saying that he won't even consider having a family with her if he doesn't have his parents' blessing, then I think she needs to break it off.  That is, if she wants kids, which I believe she does.  She's not getting any younger, and if he's never willing to go against his parents' views, then she's setting herself up for a world of hurt because it's very possible that they'll never change their minds.

Lila needs to either step up her AA meetings and support or get a new group of friends.  While friends should be a bit more sensitive to another friend's issues with alcoholism, I also don't think friends should always have to walk on eggshells with it and go scrambling to pour all surrounding alcohol down the drain or limit their outings to a cave.  However, it seems this group likes to drink a lot when they get together, so she really needs to be proactive in avoiding that if she is serious about maintaining her sobriety (which I don't believe she is).  Sure they could be a bit more sensitive to her, but maybe she told them she could handle it.  Stop crying about it and pitying yourself, Lila, if you really can't deal.  Saying a party sucks just because you can't drink clearly shows me you still have a lot of work to do on it.

As for Jason's apartment hunting, that was another staged thing to me, too.  I'm pretty sure he grew up in NYC, so he would have to be a fucking idiot, too, to not know a nice apartment like that in NYC would cost a good chunk of change.  Even some moderately successful Wall Street types can barely afford a shoebox in NYC these days.  If entertainment is his only source of income, I cannot imagine how he will be able to afford the shittiest of shitty apartment in a back alley.  (I'm sure he can now with his LW: NY paychecks, though.)  I'd also like to know what Lila does for her income because her apartment seemed pretty nice, too.  She doesn't appear to be working a regular 9-to-5 job either, so how is she affording that?

Ugh, living in what is literally the most expensive place to live in the US sucks!  LI even beats out NYC, FYI.  Damnit.

• Love 3

I don't understand how all these people afford what looks like nice apartments with decent furniture.  Half the cast seems to make a living by dressing up like elves, and they are each other's direct competition for work.  They also seem to have nice clothing.  Are a lot of them supported by their parents?

Have they said that Dawn's brother is adopted?  He and Jazmin look more like brother and sister, than he and Dawn.

I wish I knew how old these people are.  Lila is 36, Kristen is apparently around 40, yet Misti seems very young.

• Love 1

I don't understand how all these people afford what looks like nice apartments with decent furniture.  Half the cast seems to make a living by dressing up like elves, and they are each other's direct competition for work.  They also seem to have nice clothing.  Are a lot of them supported by their parents?

Have they said that Dawn's brother is adopted?  He and Jazmin look more like brother and sister, than he and Dawn.

I wish I knew how old these people are.  Lila is 36, Kristen is apparently around 40, yet Misti seems very young.

Yes, Dawn said in the first episode that her brother was adopted.

I'm pretty sure Misty said in the last episode that she is 22-years-old.  I could be wrong, of course.  But if she is, I was surprised by that because to me, she looks at least 30.  Not sure how old are Jordanna, Jason, or Dawn.  I think Dawn is at least in her early 30's and Jason in his late 20's, though.

I questioned the same thing about being able to afford these nice NY apartments.  Something isn't adding up because I know none of them are pulling in even a soap opera star's salary, that's for sure.

• Love 2

I think Jazmin is very pretty. So is Jordanna, although she needs to do something about that 1980s Anthony Geary perm. 

LOL @ the "1980's Anthony Geary perm."  So true!

• Love 1

I think both Dawn and her brother said they were adopted. 

I also wonder how they can afford these nice apartments when it appears that only Dawn has a set income but I haven't a clue how much they're paid for whatever entertainment jobs they do.  I'm in one of the most expensive cities in the country and I would have a really hard time living here if I didn't have a dual income.

Also, I really look forward to your comments LI Girl.  Have you ever experienced a man with a little person fetish when internet dating?

• Love 2

Also, I really look forward to your comments LI Girl.  Have you ever experienced a man with a little person fetish when internet dating?

Thank you, Trampolina! I think my life is rather boring, but hey, if someone can get something out of my insights here and there, that's cool.  LOL

I've done my fair share of internet dating over the years and I am 99% sure I have not encountered or dated a man with a little person fetish.  None of the guys I've dated, been in relationships with, slept with, etc. dated a little person before me or after me as far as I know.  I feel like Lila is making it a much bigger deal than it really is.  At least in my experience.  Either a guy is cool with my height or he's not.  I've really never had any dude get all excited about it in a weird way.  (Although, there was one bodybuilder guy who actually asked me to sit on his lap while we were hanging out at his place, and I was all, "What?  No.  Do you think you're Santa Claus?"  LOL  But I don't think it was because of a fetish for little people thing.)  I do have to say, though, the only time I felt like I was likely to encounter a guy who might have had a little person fetish was when someone convinced me to try some dating site that was geared towards disabled people.  I think I was on it for all of 24 hours before I deleted my account because I got too weirded out by the prospects (or lack thereof).

• Love 2

Dawn's relationship with the British guy (I think) seems kind of suspect. It appears they rarely see each other because he works around the world on yachts, his parents don't accept her and they communicate mostly through Skype. That's not a real relationship. Lila can be very amusing at times, but she is also full of herself and I think she sees herself as the 'star' of the show. She makes a lot of jokes about sex and is very flirty but then said she hasn't had sex in 2 years?

I think maybe she is worried about a fetish guy because these ladies are on TV and someone may seek them out because they have a fetish rather than meeting in a natural way. Of course, there are a certain amount of people on the internet who have specific preferences and/or fetishes for all of kinds of things so you have to be careful. If you want a real relationship (no matter what size you are), you have to cull out people just looking for sex.

Jason seems like a cool guy and I like everyone except for Dawn and sometimes Lila. I do wonder how they get money and whether any of them have other part time jobs  besides entertainment. Of course I wonder that about most of the reality show people.

• Love 1

Could their apartments be show rentals? Like I remember in LWLA, they rented out an entire house for Lila to stay in during filming there, so I wouldn't put it past them to be doing the same on this show. The Chrisley's actually did that too when they lost their old house, the show rented it out for them to film in for a few episodes. I also have a slight suspicion thats what they do on Married at First Sight as well, when the couples move into a place together.

Jasmin and Davids place, as well as Kristy and Misty's (just realized their names rhyme, oy) seem like their actual homes for sure, but I 100% agree about Lila's place, thats alot of apartment for one woman to rent alone in the city. Hmm. Also I wonder where Dawn lives, theyve only shown us that one clip of her sitting and skyping her boyfriend, we havent got alot of apartment shots for her, and none for Jordana.

Back to Dawn's boyfriend though, although it would hurt she probably needs to cut ties. That his parents have such strong (and rude IMO) opinions of her and their relationship says alot. Also the fact that he will no longer take her around his parents says even more. I understand that parents want certain lives for their children, and imagine certain futures for them, but Keith is an autonomous adult; if he desires a life with Dawn, then they need to support him in that. Its not like shes a bat wielding maniac or a murderer, she's a little person. I think Jordana is right, thats where alot of her insecurities come from, that relationship. Dawn very much seems like she has something to prove, that she's more than just whatever stereotype people have of little people. I can't imagine, with both her parents and brother being little people, that she wasn't raised to believe that its not the twig in her eye, its the plank in the eye of people ignoring who she is past her height. That no matter who she is or what she does, from acting or dancing to being a paralegal, she will still be unfairly judged for her height, and that that shouldnt stop her from pursuing her dreams in whatever realm theyre in. I feel as if she is trying to prove to Keith's parents that she's a "normal" woman, I just wished she realized it wasnt on her to make them feel that way, that they need to pull their own heads out of their asses.

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 2

I thought the date was staged too. Lila dIdn't seem to know a thing about the guy. Did she not read his profile?

I think Jason is going to regret moving out. Maybe if he's patient while looking he can prove me wrong though. I was amazed at the price and requirements on the apartment. Is that normal for NY?

I think Jason is going to regret moving out. Maybe if he's patient while looking he can prove me wrong though. I was amazed at the price and requirements on the apartment. Is that normal for NY?

Yes, it's normal. Despite the outrages prices, nice apartments in NYC rent with no problem. Alot of people do the roommate thing because if they want to live in a nice place, it's the only way they can afford it. My brother lives in a tiny studio in a very desirable location (one block from Central Park).  It is a freakin shoebox and I think he's crazy. $2,000 a month for the location, and that is what New Yorkers look at. It's all about the location.  

Edited by bichonblitz

Jasmin and Davids place, as well as Kristy and Misty's (just realized their names rhyme, oy) seem like their actual homes for sure, but I 100% agree about Lila's place, thats alot of apartment for one woman to rent alone in the city. Hmm. Also I wonder where Dawn lives, theyve only shown us that one clip of her sitting and skyping her boyfriend, we havent got alot of apartment shots for her, and none for Jordana.

Not to be stalkerish by posting her photos, but I checked out Dawn's Little People Fashion: No Hemming Needed facebook when the show first started and I think these were taken at her apartment:

10915168_782399128510322_121324489223645

13653_782238188526416_354304950437457363

10635914_779482682135300_366555735550850

So if this is truly her place, it looks quite spacious and nice for NYC.

Yes, it's normal. Despite the outrages prices, nice apartments in NYC rent with no problem. Alot of people do the roommate thing because if they want to live in a nice place, it's the only way they can afford it. My brother lives in a tiny studio in a very desirable location (one block from Central Park).  It is a freakin shoebox and I think he's crazy. $2,000 a month for the location, and that is what New Yorkers look at. It's all about the location.  

It is actually insane when I step back and think about it, but for someone who works and plays in Manhattan, it's somehow worth the ridiculous prices to me (at least in this stage of my life).  I moved back to NJ from Manhattan for a year and remember being so miserable commuting 2-3 hours of my day and having to tell friends on weekend nights, "Sorry, I have to leave the club now and go catch the last train to NJ at 1am!" lol

I'll probably be moving to Brooklyn in 5 years when I'm no longer limber enough for clubbing though lol

• Love 1

When the realtor told Jason that he had to make at lease $120,000 per year to qualify for that apt, the first thought that came to mind was.....

why is she showing him that apt if he can't afford it ?  Didn't she ask up front what his budget was ? 

We should probably hear exactly what his parents (Dawn's BF's) said before we can call them  "rude"

Dawn said that both of her parents had brittle bone disease and were confined to wheelchairs as they aged. His parents have a right to be concerned.

The penis necklace was tacky as hell.

Edited by Taylorh2

Christy McGinty from Little Women: LA enlists Dawn and Jazmin to stage an intervention for Lila and confront her about her recent drinking. Jordanna gets some bad news about her Broadway show and Kristin visits a fertility doctor to discuss her desire to have children.

Ok so maybe a stupid question but as a recovering alcoholic can you really never have a drink again? I know that if you have a food addiction you obviously can't go without ever eating again so you have to train yourself to limit yourself and learn selfish control. Is that really impossible for an alcoholic to learn to limit and control? Or is just something that's not worth it?

Edited by MrsPatrickBateman

Ok, I loved how Christy said during the intervention "this stays between us" as the cameras for a national show were rolling.

And no, if you've been to rehab and AA, you learn that you can NEVER drink again. It's a lifestyle that you must follow if you are an addict. You learn addiction is a disease.

Lila's response to the intervention was one of surprise. That confused me though, if she was drunk texting Christy and admitting to drinking, what did she expect?

It bothered me that the weeks leading up to this week, Lila preached her sobriety, only to find out she lied about it..esp us, the viewers. Maybe that's why she was so shocked at the intervention, bc she got busted for LYING and relapsing on national TV.

• Love 3

I forget the guy's name, but I liked what he said to Jordanna about having back up plan in case she isn't able to get entertainment jobs.  As much as I respect people that follow their dreams, you need to have an alternative plan.  I can't imagine how scary it would be to live in NYC and all the sudden have no money coming in.  I wonder how much help some of these people get from their parents in order to live that lifestyle. 

Also, as much as I tend to dislike Dawn, her outfits always look really nice and well put together...

• Love 2

Dawn was adopted, though. I believe she has a different medical issue.

In any case, her BF's parents have a right to be concerned about their future grandchild's health, I suppose, or to have an opinion about it, but if their son and his chosen partner decide THEY are willing to deal with the issues of a child with medical problems? Suck it up and be good grandparents, for crap's sake. 

• Love 2

Some people maintain that "controlled drinking" is possible post recovery. As a former smoker, however, I know if I smoke one, I might as well buy a carton. It's just not the kind of thing that can be regulated. It's an addiction. So if you believe alcoholics are addicts, then total abstention is the only thing that makes sense.

I still find myself liking this group for the most part--even Dawn, who certainly can be heinous, has her redeeming qualities. And as I have said before, even though Lila is a big ol' drama queen, I kind of dig her. I think I would enjoy hanging out with her.

The money stuff is a little baffling. Clearly no one is affording NY apartments on sporadic income from show biz. I'm willing to overlook it though. 

• Love 1

I'm a little puzzled by this whole intervention deal.  If Dawn and Jazmin are such besties with Lila, wouldn't they have known how serious Lila's drinking is/was?  I'm sure they would've known she went to rehab, detox, and AA.  So, how could they think drinking with her - even in a "controlled" way - would be okay?  Would you give a cocaine or meth addict who already went to rehab "just a little hit" every now and then?  NO.  So, I don't get how Dawn and Jazmin couldn't have known what a huge issue this would be for Lila.  This makes me call bullshit on at least some of this so-called intervention.

As much as I want to root for Dawn, her smug facial expressions (like when she said, "Yeah, I've seen Lila drink... and Jazmin has, too!") kind of make me want to punch her... at least in the shoulder.  Don't make me hate you, Dawn!

Jason is 100% right to have a back up plan.  Jordanna, I'm sorry to say, is living in a fantasy world thinking her entertainment career is going to make her financially stable in NYC for the long haul.  I mean, it's hard enough for the average person to break out into entertainment, and, as I've stated before, as much as I wish little people were given everyday roles just like average height people, it's just not happening.  Think about aaaaall of the little people actors out there; how many are legitimately successful, household name actors?  I know of 2 - Peter Dinklage and Meredith Eaton (although she's not as much of a recognizable name as Peter).  

But then again, I guess they're all hoping LW: NY is their ticket to financial and entertainment success, and probably hope this stays on for many years, so maybe they will now have some marginal financial breathing room.

Hearing Kristin's and Misty's stories boggles my mind about how how doctors and society in general thought little people should be aborted or institutionalized years ago when they were born.  I'm 36, so I might have just missed that mark when doctors thought I would need to be institutionalized.  I know my parents had no idea beforehand about me; my older sister is of average height and no one else before (or after me, including my younger half siblings) on either side of my family has dwarfism.  (Hell, my father is 6'4" and his side of the family are all tall!)  I guess I got to be the lucky one!  ;)  Seriously, though, like Misty and Kristin said, I'm thankful for the family I was born into - not one single one of them treated me differently and they always pushed me to be successful and like everyone else.

• Love 7

I gave the intervention a bit of a side-eye myself.  Christy and Dawn could not stop themselves from smirking during what would appear to be a serious conversation.  Also, all this stuff about Lila's friends "committing" to her sobriety?  That is her job.  Why on earth would they be expected to do a polar plunge if not for the cameras?  I'd hate to think this is all for a story line, but I am suspicious by nature.

• Love 3

Dawn was adopted, though. I believe she has a different medical issue.

In any case, her BF's parents have a right to be concerned about their future grandchild's health, I suppose, or to have an opinion about it, but if their son and his chosen partner decide THEY are willing to deal with the issues of a child with medical problems? Suck it up and be good grandparents, for crap's sake. 

I'm so confused.  I thought Dawn was a biological child and her brother was the only one adopted? And that they found out she happened to have the same brittle bone disease (or whatever it is) as her parents after she kept breaking several bones.  Argh, no matter.  I'll just have to catch a rerun of the first episode to clarify it for myself the next time Lifetime repeats them all to death.

Thank you, bref, for saying that as long as Dawn's boyfriend decides he can deal with any struggles that may come their way because of her disability, then his parents need to suck it up and shut the hell up.  It's not like she's an ex-con with a violent, drug addict, or serial killer rap sheet that his parents need to worry so much about him and his future with her.

FYI, being concerned and being prejudiced assholes about one's disability are two totally separate things.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 1

Christy flying all the way to NY from LA because she was concerned about Lila. Pleezzee, of course this was totally scripted. Was Dawn the only one that refused to take the Polar Plunge or did she finally do it? I will have to watch that part again. She is such a sour puss. 

Since most of them are stressed about money, I'm convinced that none of them can afford these apartments. They must be rented out for filming only.  

• Love 4

Yeah, Dawn said during the intervention Lila complained about being broke. What does Lila do?? All the other cast members have said what they do for a living or did I miss it? I also fail to see how making your friends jumping into the ocean keep you sober. NOT.

Do you guys think the intervention was fake??

I love reading all your comments!! I'm new to this site!!

• Love 2

I was curious about when Jordanna's Broadway show closed, and the last performance was Jan 4, 2015.  I also discovered that Jordanna has actually done porn movies.  She's so pretty and intelligent; I was a little sad to find this out about her.

What, are you serious???  I was totally joking when I came up with the title of this thread for her.  I swear I didn't know this!  Wow.  If that's true, that's fucking sad.

Edited to add: I tried to Google this, but aside from one really questionable porn reference and very risque picture of her, I'm mostly coming up with another porn star with the same name except she spells her name with one "N": Jordana James.

Edited by LIGirl

What, are you serious???  I was totally joking when I came up with the title of this thread for her.  I swear I didn't know this!  Wow.  If that's true, that's fucking sad.

Edited to add: I tried to Google this, but aside from one really questionable porn reference and very risque picture of her, I'm mostly coming up with another porn star with the same name except she spells her name with one "N": Jordana James.

I didn't click right on the porn link because I was afraid of what I'd see!  But I did see in the little paragraph on Google that it contained the same information as the Joradanna James on LWNY.   I really hope I'm wrong about this because I think she seems like such a nice person with a good head on her shoulders.   I mean, I know she did those R-rated movies, but that's different than doing porn.  

I don't want to start rumors, should I delete or edit my original post????

By the way, she is definitely shown on the Side Show web site; a nice picture and info about her.  So she legitimately has done Broadway shows, no exaggeration there.  I hope she gets another Broadway show since she really seems to like live productions.

EDITED TO ADD:  I changed my original post.  I felt responsible about checking the facts since I posted it; I clicked on the link and *UGH* it was gross but YAY it was NOT our Jordanna James!!!!!!   :)

GO JORDANNA!!! :)

Edited by ShowsILoveToHate
  • Love 1

I'm so confused.  I thought Dawn was a biological child and her brother was the only one adopted? And that they found out she happened to have the same brittle bone disease (or whatever it is) as her parents after she kept breaking several bones.  Argh, no matter.  I'll just have to catch a rerun of the first episode to clarify it for myself the next time Lifetime repeats them all to death.

Yup, they're both adopted! Dawn has the same brittle bone disease as her parents, but I think it was a coincidence. (I was watching the relevant scene in the first episode with closed captioning on when I mentioned this earlier in the thread). 

Further explanation in this article about the Lang family and insurance concerns:

It's a painful situation for a family that understands each other's needs better than most. Dawn and David were adopted from two different families as babies after the Langs, who married in 1976, searched for children through Little People of America, of which both were active members.

Like Pat, Dawn has osteogenesis imperfecta, more commonly called brittle bone disease. She is three feet, eight inches tall and has had 12 bone breaks. The worst was in August, when a car accident shattered Dawn's knee, requiring a metal plate and pins to be inserted into her leg.

Sounds like the family's been through a lot, I can understand why Dawn is a tough cookie. 

Yeah, Dawn said during the intervention Lila complained about being broke. What does Lila do?? All the other cast members have said what they do for a living or did I miss it? I also fail to see how making your friends jumping into the ocean keep you sober. NOT.

Do you guys think the intervention was fake??

I love reading all your comments!! I'm new to this site!!

I'm suspicious about the money situation too, for the same reason.  I'm almost convinced that the cast ordinarily lives in the suburban metro area around NYC and are commuting. Except for Misty and Kristen (they're in Washington Heights right?), and in that case it would take them at least about 40 min by express subway to get to midtown anyway. I don't think Jason's parents' house is in Manhattan either. Maybe it's in suburban Queens? Jersey City?

Ick, I feel so inappropriate wondering about people's personal finances but I need some more transparency with this show lol

• Love 1

Dawn, you're a manipulative bitch and friends or not, I would tell that to your face. Trust that!

I so wanted to like Dawn at the beginning.  It sucks that she's quickly becoming the one I dislike the most.  For every problem she likes to point out that others have, I think she has about 10 times more.  Jazmin was right to call her out on the twisting things around and shifting blame on to others.  I'm a pretty straightforward and honest person, but I do my best to avoid drama and confrontation, especially when it's mixed with manipulation.  Dawn is the type of person I hate to deal with; they're so good at twisting things around that they somehow start to make me feel like the crazy one when I know I'm not!

I can understand Misty being a little jealous of Jordanna.  Like she said, it's a normal human emotion.  But in the industry that they're in, she's going to have to quickly learn to suck it up, put on her big girl panties and deal with it.

If I didn't think Jason's big announcement about moving out wasn't for a shock value storyline (shock for his parents, at least), I'd say he probably realized he got in way over his head thinking he could afford moving out on his own in NYC when he doesn't have a full-time stable job and income.  I still don't believe he could live in NYC/LI/one of the 5 boroughs all of these years and not know full well how expensive it is to live on your own, but whatever.  Regardless of whether or not he knew beforehand, if it really is a financial struggle, I don't think it's being cowardly or right for his friends to call him a coward.  If he's lucky enough to be able to live at home until he saves enough or gets himself in a more stable and comfortable financial position, then that's smarter than moving out, creating a mound of debt, and struggling to find money to feed himself each day just to prove a point out of spite.

• Love 5

Dawn is one of those people who will never apologize or in any way admit their own fault, will always bring up something someone else did-- no matter how far-fetched-- just to deflect attention. In other words, she's a bitch.

Also, when she's blaming and criticizing the others for being in entertainment and making money off being little people, did she forget that she is on my tv doing the same thing?

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 6

Dawn continues to show her bitch ass and phony smile - I am SO over her.

The friends shouldn't have promised to abstain from alcohol around Lila - they are not responsible for her sobriety, she is.  But they are responsible for making rash promises they have no intention of keeping.

I wonder what kind of pill Lila offered Jazmin ...

• Love 5

Silly me, I was hoping to see them have a nice time in their cabin, being silly and fun. I think Lila has a fantastic sense of humor and I wish they would show it more instead of this drama and fighting. 

Who behaves like this in public? Or private, for that matter? It's ridiculous. 

When I don't get along with a co-worker I just ignore them. I hope this drama is manufactured, but it's getting old. 

• Love 2

I forget the oldest lady's name but I was pretty impressed with the boyfriend she snagged.  He seemed really nice and attractive...and young.  Also, what's wrong with taking a Xanax once in a while?  Dawn has not right to talk with her constant wine swilling.

• Love 2

Also, what's wrong with taking a Xanax once in a while?  Dawn has not right to talk with her constant wine swilling.

Agree about Dawn. What a hag. And.....Nothing wrong with taking a Xanax unless you are an addict to begin with. Even though Lila is an alchoholic, and not a drug addict,(as far as we know) any drug of any kind that is consumed can be a trigger for more. Unfortunately, addicts just don't know when to stop. If they knew when to stop, it wouldn't be a problem to begin with. 

• Love 1

Dammit, Dawn, stop making it hard to defend you!

I actually had some respect for her position on little people in entertainment, that it can be exploitative, and her passion to do something more "respectable" for herself. She seems very smart and confident and I WANT TO LIKE HER, but man--what a bitch. (She gets half a point added back for giving up the master bedroom with minimal drama, though.)

The boyfriends seem nice overall. I actually do like this group and their chemistry. Misty can miss me with her whining, girl, you got the finale spot! Even a rube like me knows that's the crown jewel in a fashion show!

• Love 4

Add me to the list of people who wanted to like Dawn. She's really a snobby bitch. I hate how she talks down to her SIL, Jazmin. She looks down on everyone who is in the entertainment business. She needs to get over herself.

I know it must be hard for Lila to be around people who are drinking but it's her responsibility to stay sober not anyone else's. If her sobriety is a problem and she's serious about it then she should not be on this show and go find some new non-drinking friends.

• Love 3
(edited)

All the jealousy drama seems amped up for ratings purposes.  Find it hard to believe Misty would be so fuming over Jordanna working the fashion show as well.  All of these ladies are pretty, but IMO Misty is drop dead gorgeous.

However I do believe Dawn is fairly jealous of Jazmin; hence all the rude and unsupportive comments. 

Jazmin is very pretty, sweet and also has the attention of Dawn's brother.  

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 3