Type keyword(s) to search

Continued Adventures: The Fanfic Thread

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed this story. Henry is Neal's son with an unnamed mother. Neal's a bit of a workaholic/unstable parent, and Killian is Neal's friend who has been helping Neal raise Henry. Emma is Neal's new wife.

The author has also started a sequel. 

Posted a new one-shot featuring Lieutenant Shepherd! I haven't tried that bromance before so it was fun.

It's Complicated

Also, a little personal hype. I took down a fanfic I posted about two years ago now to make it into a original manuscript. Almost done with that so you can follow me on tumblr or Twitter @jennyredford to get updates on that. Hoping to get it self-published by May!

• Love 4

It's only one chapter. 

I finished Dark Horizon, but haven't started on the sequel yet. 

Also, Peace I Leave With You was completed by the author recently. It's still my fav canon divergence Cursed!Killian fic. 

I'm currently enjoying True Love Will Always Find A Way (Ladyhawke AU), Come Wayward Souls (Over the Garden Wall AU), Acquainted with the Night (Dark CS AU), Coming Home to You (Sweet Home Alabama AU), Lament of the Asphodels (S5B canon divergence), and Harbor In the Tempest (Neverland 3A canon divergence).

Some recently completed fics I enjoyed were Light of All Lights (Dark Swan and Deckhand Killian) and A Fairytale Beginning (Enchanted AU).

Will have to look at some of those!

I gave up on a few of the longer ones -- Peace I Leave With You in particular. It just took too much time for me to try and refresh my memory between updates considering how long it took for a new chapter to show up. I couldn't do it.

Hi everyone - it's a longshot, but maybe someone can help me find a fic. I recall reading one a while back that was counter to all the *perfect* first sex between Hook and Emma. This one wrote their first time together as (adorably) bumbling and awkward, e.g., her legs weren't shaved, there were holes/stains in underwear, he's NOT the biggest she's ever had, knees and elbows and other body parts end up in the wrong places and otherwise don't cooperate, etc. etc. He might even be a little, ahem, premature.

Does anyone have any idea about this fic? I'd love to find it again. It would have been on fanfic.net, as that's the only place I read CaptainSwan stuff.

(edited)

It was either apple-jack-daniels (no idea what her ff-net id is), or whisperofgrace, or nineadipapa. I remember reading it on tumblr a long time back. 

Edited by Rumsy4
The lack of the oxford comma was bothering me. :-p
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

It was either apple-jack-daniels (no idea what her ff-net id is), or whisperofgrace or nineadipapa. I remember reading it on tumblr a long time back. 

Aha! Yes! Thank you! Found it - it was AppleJackDaniels :)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I really enjoy this storyverse, @PixiePaws1. Will you continue with another sequel after this story is over? ?

Thank you so much. Your kind comments have warmed my soul. Everyone has been so receptive of this little story.  I  honestly don't know if I will write another long entry in that series. At this stage I am thinking it will be a series of one shots as they grow up. I am not ready to abandon this as I have quite fallen in love with itsy bitsy Emma and Killian. 

1 hour ago, PixiePaws1 said:

At this stage I am thinking it will be a series of one shots as they grow up. I am not ready to abandon this as I have quite fallen in love with itsy bitsy Emma and Killian. 

Oh that will be fun! Itsy bitsy Emma and Killian are adorable, indeed!

• Love 1

Something Like You Love Me updated. Just the epilogue to go. I’m so happy that some of these long-term WIPs are still being updated. I’ve given up hope for most of the really old ones. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, Rumsy4 said:

And the fic that inspired the above: Cracked Mirror. This is a canon-divergence fic of the Season 6 Wish Realm episodes where Hook and David find a way to follow Emma to a Realm created by Genie’s magic. 

I really liked that one. The characters really seemed like themselves. It was fun.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:55 AM, Rumsy4 said:

And the fic that inspired the above: Cracked Mirror. This is a canon-divergence fic of the Season 6 Wish Realm episodes where Hook and David find a way to follow Emma to a Realm created by Genie’s magic. 

That was a wonderful read.  I would have enjoyed some interaction between Emma and her elderly parents and maybe having them help them to go back to Storybrooke.  Snow coming along would have been fun too.  I would have loved to see your story instead of "Wish You Were Here" and "Tougher Than The Rest".  I could totally imagine the characters saying the lines onscreen as played by the actors.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Camera One said:

That was a wonderful read.  I would have enjoyed some interaction between Emma and her elderly parents and maybe having them help them to go back to Storybrooke.  Snow coming along would have been fun too.  I would have loved to see your story instead of "Wish You Were Here" and "Tougher Than The Rest".  I could totally imagine the characters saying the lines onscreen as played by the actors.  

Thank you!! I actually wanted to add a scene where Emma enchants a mirror to talk to Wish Realm Snowing and invite them to her wedding, but it didn't fit well in the narrative. I'm thinking of writing a few short drabbles of that and other scenes I couldn't include here. 

I'm flailing over the artwork the two artists made for my story. I want to make a print and have it framed! 

• Love 2

I’m currently enjoying Dark Hook come to Storybrooke. Season one canon divergent. Hook gets his revenge on Rumple as the curse is coming and becomes the Dark One and is carried over with the original curse along with some of the dark ones memories. Incomplete but updated every Sunday like clockwork.

• Love 1

A request and a rec:

Other than the fic that Rumsy recced above, are there any other AUs based on the premise that Charming and/or Snow stayed to raise 10-year old Emma after "Awake?" I haven't found anything, but I'm hoping there's something out there!

The rec: phthalo's "I belong to you, you belong to me." CS, set after a canon-divergent version of the Underworld arc in which the heart split worked, Rumple stayed in the Underworld to get his unborn child out of the deal, Robin lives, and Zelena doesn't reform. Shortly after returning from the underworld, Emma realizes she is pregnant - with a baby conceived while she was the Dark One. But before she can even begin to figure out the implications of this for her child, the thirteen-year-old version of her unborn son falls through a time portal created by future Zelena, who wants to change the past so that she gets to raise her daughter. Lots of plot, but also incredible character building, especially for Hook, whose shame over his past comes back in full force as he confronts fatherhood. But seriously, the description doesn't do it justice: https://archiveofourown.org/works/5835997/chapters/13449583

• Love 1
9 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Does anyone know of any balanced fics that don't cater to any particular ship?

I'm currently writing a 5-book series called "Jacinda and the Community Garden", if you're interested.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm currently writing a 5-book series called "Jacinda and the Community Garden", if you're interested.

Will it have lots of scenes with Jack/Nick/Hansel? Because that's all I care about.

I hope it's awesomer now -- at least awesomer enough for people to buy. ;)

As much as we bitch about this fandom and this show -- and there is alot to bitch about -- I've been so lucky to get fandom support. The fans that you do like you REALLY like!

• Love 1

Sooo... I've never really been that into fanfic, but then someone posted a link to one in another thread, and I was missing OUAT so I decided to have a look--and I loved it. It was exactly what I had never known I wanted 3B to be. So I read another, and then another, and long story short I've now written my own. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14913686/chapters/34544675

It's basically about Killian/Hook and how I imagine his life went, before all the retcons in later seasons. 

I'm a fanfic virgin so please go easy on me, but I'd love to know what you think. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, profdanglais said:

So I read another, and then another, and long story short I've now written my own. 

Haha. That's how it goes. Welcome to world of fanfic! :-D I look forward to reading your story!

• Love 1

I know it has been two months since anyone has posted here, but in case anyone is still reading...

I have just completed a 65K-word CaptainSwan AU: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15388404/chapters/35712750

Title: Compromised

Description: When Regina Mills assassinated the president and declared herself Queen, wealthy political scions Mary Margaret and David Nolan reluctantly decided that the best thing they could do for their country was make terms with the new regime. Years later, their daughter, college student and small-time undercover dissident Emma, deciding that she can no longer tolerate living a life of privilege at such a price, publicly declares her opposition to Regina and sets out for Sherwood Forest, looking for the fabled hero Robin Hood.

The outlaw she finds instead is a little more complicated. 

• Love 1