Type keyword(s) to search

Continued Adventures: The Fanfic Thread

• Start Topic

I'm working on a modern CS AU. Anyone interested in doing a quick beta on Chapter 1? Thanks.

I've never betaed but if you don't get any other takers I'll give it a shot.
  • Love 1

Some New Year CS fic recs: 

Headlights Fading Modern CS AU. It's really unique, and the CS relationship is so naturally developed.

Loose Threads karmacanary back to the Memory Keeper 'verse.

All Roads Lead Me Back to You got updated!

Lightbearers is done. Really I just love this one.

I'm like a puzzle Hockey AU.

I Wish You Would 

And if people are still in the mood for Christmas fics:

http://alchemistc.tumblr.com/post/106190152688/pray-wither-sailed-those-ships-all-three-33

http://killians-dimples.tumblr.com/post/135730120343

• Love 1

So I've been reading a decent Lt. Duckling fic called 'We Own Tonight.' It's set mostly in Arendelle, so it's like a Once/Frozen crossover going in the other direction. It's a WIP, and some chapters are definitely rated M for mature.

http://www.archiveofourown.org/works/4613454/chapters/10586637

I love this author's take on Liam (and the Jones brothers in general) in this one.  Any any story that's got a lot of Liam is always a hit in my book!  And I've always thought if he had to be paired with someone in these AUs, Elsa would be a great fit for him. 

Edited by Lieutenant

One of my favourites right now is In the Name of the Brother. It's a modern AU where Killian has to take care of his younger brother, a brother he didn't know that existed, after his father's death. The kid is Henry's best friend and that is how he meets Emma. The first part is more about the brothers getting to know each other and the second part about Killian and Emma.

Today is the Captain Swan Secret Valentine's Day so I'm hoping there will be plenty of good fics coming out in the next few days that are being gifted. I wrote one for my giftee -- Spacetime. It's a Captain Swan/Doctor Who crossover because I'm crazy like that.

Also, can I just brag for a second? Because this fanart was gifted to me by my secret Valentine and it is amazing! So pretty.

• Love 1

If you are not reading Incarcerus, drop everything and go read it now!! It's a hot, fast-paced, deep, moving, & brilliant CS Vampire AU. I'm addicted, though I've always been a werewolf-kinda girl (who feature in the story as well). 

Edited by Rumsy4

Dark Swan Rising The is a 5a rewrite that really deals with Emma and her issues. This is what I was hoping we would get in 5a.  The major couples are Emma/Hook and Regina/Robin. It isn't just a shippy fic. Emma's relationship with her parents, and Henry are just as important than her relationship with Hook.  The author has a good handle of the voices of the major characters, and an interesting plot.

Summary: The Dark One is reincarnated in Storybrooke as Emma Swan and heralds a twisted game none of the heroes wish to play. As they race to find a solution and save Emma, the heroes must face consequences for their past actions rippling into the present and the wrath of the Savior gone dark. Snow and Charming must deal with unforeseen consequences of sharing a heart as Regina and Robin are forced to examine their relationship when Zelena’s pregnancy comes between them. Killian must learn to face his demons alone when the woman he loves is no longer there to tether him to the light. Henry finds himself thrust into a hero role he is not ready to accept and Belle is torn between her heart and her brain as Rumplestiltsken clings to life without his magic and an old friend returns to Storybrooke. In the shadows, a threat greater than any they have yet faced has awoken.

A (somewhat) rewrite of 5A in four parts.

Edited by merrick715
  • Love 2

Hi, my name is sharky and I have a problem. I love Cursed!Killian. So you all get a new cursed Killian fic from me. A Thought Unchained on FF and AO3

I think a fair number of us have this same problem. Subscribed but I just pulled up Beyond The Horizon update last night and I'll finish that first. I forgot where they were so I think I need to read the previous chapter first. :)

• Love 1

Just a baby short I wrote for the Brothers Jones Countdown going on on Tumblr this week: Brotherly Affection

I also made a bit of a list of some Jones brothers fics I've enjoyed.  And I'm loving A Thought Unchained, sharky ;-)  Can't wait for more!

Holy crap, how come it took me until now to connect the fact that you're prairiepirate on tumblr? I'm a loser. But oh, did I love the Jones brothers week you created!

(edited)

Holy crap, how come it took me until now to connect the fact that you're prairiepirate on tumblr? I'm a loser. But oh, did I love the Jones brothers week you created!

Hehee, yep!  That's me.  I'm so glad the Jones bros countdown week went so well, but man was I exhausted at the end of it.  Like, emotionally wiped out.  I'm actually kinda glad tomorrow's episode is pretty much what I'd consider filler.  I needed to recharge my batteries.

Dianthus, try this link.  Hopefully you can see all the stories now :-)  I really need to make an updated list now that the countdown week has come and gone, because there was a TON of new Jones fic cranked out.  You can troll through my tag and find a few that way too...

If y'all are interested in supernatural type fics, Incarcerus, Between Heaven and Hell, and Ever Dance With the Devil are hella addicting, great reads. 

Edited by Lieutenant
  • Love 1

The other link works, so thanks for that. Civic Duty was hilarious! I'm also reading Incarcerus. It's killing me. I went back and read When in Rome and Ghosts of Britannia by the same author.

^It is SO good! And true to Hilary's form, it is gorgeously detailed and historically accurate. This is the Jones brothers historical fic I've been craving. If you are a fan of the show "Black Sails" or the whole Royal Navy/pirates of the Caribbean thing, you will love this story.

• Love 1

House meets ONCE. New CS fic from Montana-Rosalie. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11878878/1/

I love many of her stories, though Counting Down the Days and Open your Eyes are my favorites.

I was looking through my ff-net favorites list (that's how I keep track), and saw that White Light on a Black Sea hasn't been updated in a year. I wonder if it will ever be finished.

• Love 1