Type keyword(s) to search

Mary Mary - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Can someone who follows Mary Mary please explain what's going on? Earlier the audience was told that Mary Mary was booked for an event in Israel. Yet there was no booked concert. We saw only a family trip where the Marys found a venue to sing to their family. I got suspicious an episode or two ago when the song for the "concert" was not even finished. Working on lyrics and melody in route? Totally bogus.

The Kenya to Manchester trip was also suspect. I'm not a musician, but I don't understand how you do venues with no rehearsal/ no contact. And although they kept playing up this 4 hours to concert thing, Tina let it slip in a talking head that the Manchester band had be practicing for four days.

In the end, Tina just comes off as unbearable. She's the customer/client/family member from hell. I'm glad she returned to her marriage on her terms, but her whore husband can just shut up. "Pastor" Warren with his past infidelities can take a seat too. And to think these two were trying to school Goo's ex-boyfriend on how to treat an Atkins girl.

I thought that they had a concert that was cancelled (at the site of Jesus burial). The song was just a contrived story line to push the possibility of a forthcoming Mary Mary album. Once the show was cancelled, they had to figure out how to wrap up the story line so, it was morphed into the "family show". I was a little less suspect of the Manchester trip. It just seemed like it was plausible that you'd send your MD to rehearse with local talent, whip them into shape, then have only a singe rehearsal with talent before the show.

As for Teddy, last night was the first time I got the vibe that Teddy might be a bit of the puppet master. He's been quietly working to keep her away from Mary Mary and tied to her solo work and the family. Meanwhile its publicly "Oh I'm vveerrryyy supportive of my wife's career". It just came off as a little suspect for the first time.

• Love 2

They said they lost the venue and were looking for another site to perform at, thus the site at the Western Wall. However if there was a legitimate event they were supposed to be doing besides the performance for the family, it disappeared in the narrative. Anyway, the series ended rather abruptly. I noticed that Mitch Solerek was still listed as an executive producer.

• Love 1

RE: Venue Issues - 

Despite all of their past success, Mary Mary isn't going to sell out well known big multi-commercial venues like the  Staples center, Madison square garden, or the United Center anymore. I guess the Vegas venues are off-limits due to their genre. They should sell out the large mega church venues - like the Potters House or the Lakewood Church in Houston, but for some reason they don't peruse that avenue. So most of the last minute venue stories, I just thought it was a "excuse" to keep from saying the truth and they had to settle for a smaller cheaper sites b/c their ticket sales, music selections (IE old 1919 album songs) and lack of concert preparation (ie choreography , costume changes and established band, stage effects).

A season or two ago when Erica started solo, looked like she was singing in clubs way in NYC. I understand one has to start from the bottom, pay dues and has limited budget, but I just though wow -  a big step down. And alot of $$ was wasted on travel , she could have did that in LA. And even this season - the rain in NYC left them scrambling to find a new venue.  Really? Rain to an outdoor summer concert is a surprise ? And what is with the outdoor summer series concert circuit - can they sing indoors anymore ?

Israel - no different. I think they needed a story line to finish out .Lost the venue - why?? didn't pay the deposit? and the best they could come up with was a mini outdoor family concert outside at a tourist attraction ? Every concert/auditorium venue in town was booked?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2017 at 1:53 PM, Iguessnot said:

We saw only a family trip where the Marys found a venue to sing to their family.

agree. I saw a family vacation. has anybody found the real tea as to why Alana couldn't/didn't come? I'm not buying "baby issues" or whatever Erica said when they where folding clothes/packing, without more details like the toddler  needed special immunizations, extraordinary long passport process, etc.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 8:44 PM, sATL said:

RE: Venue Issues - 

Despite all of their past success, Mary Mary isn't going to sell out well known big multi-commercial venues like the  Staples center, Madison square garden, or the United Center anymore. I guess the Vegas venues are off-limits due to their genre. They should sell out the large mega church venues - like the Potters House or the Lakewood Church in Houston, but for some reason they don't peruse that avenue. So most of the last minute venue stories, I just thought it was a "excuse" to keep from saying the truth and they had to settle for a smaller cheaper sites b/c their ticket sales, music selections (IE old 1919 album songs) and lack of concert preparation (ie choreography , costume changes and established band, stage effects).

A season or two ago when Erica started solo, looked like she was singing in clubs way in NYC. I understand one has to start from the bottom, pay dues and has limited budget, but I just though wow -  a big step down. And alot of $$ was wasted on travel , she could have did that in LA. And even this season - the rain in NYC left them scrambling to find a new venue.  Really? Rain to an outdoor summer concert is a surprise ? And what is with the outdoor summer series concert circuit - can they sing indoors anymore ?

Israel - no different. I think they needed a story line to finish out .Lost the venue - why?? didn't pay the deposit? and the best they could come up with was a mini outdoor family concert outside at a tourist attraction ? Every concert/auditorium venue in town was booked?

So the Brooklyn concert was part of a pretty well known local summer concert series. Those shows usually do not have rain dates. The concerts occur every Monday during the summer. Each week is a different genre (gospel, reggae, hip hop, old school R&B, etc) so if they get rained out that's it. The concerts are free to attendees, and usually there is a small VIP area which is for concert sponsors and artists guests, but the rest of the attendees are sitting on blankets on a lawn. So it wasn't strange to me that Erica was looking for a fallback when the show got rained out. She was trying to have a NYC show rather than leaving without performing in the city at all.

• Love 2

I feel like each episode continues to show the juxtaposition of the sisters. I’m just catching up to the episodes. Finishing up episode 2 when their albums came out on the same day. Does anyone know how and when that ended up? Erica won correct? 

Erica had the vision to break free from the group and grow her own solo career during one of Tina’s hiatus’. Then Tina saw how successful her sister was becoming and wanted a slice of that pie for herself. However, she never saw or noticed just how hard Erica was working for every step. 

Tina in the group was a total diva. The same way in her personal life. She would show up late, violate contracts, and made Mariah-level demands. On top of that, she didn’t want to grind and had a lot of breaks and hiatus. Quite a lot of those. The show was a success for Erica’s brand, and a disaster for Tina’s. Erica is a straight hustler. She got off the plane and was doing press all day, then a concert that night. Meanwhile, Tina can’t be bothered to get up from her nap.

Tina is a hot mess. I too agree she may have some underlying issues. She claims to be great in her marriage now after forgiving her cheating husband, but her Bullyish ways have not improved. Tina is a hot mess. She is also quite petty and manipulative. Tina is too full of herself, she wants the Mary Mary rider and respect, but doesn’t want to work at that level. During her last tour, I went to the site to see if I could support, and the video clips on YouTube showed a poorly planned and developed show. If I’m paying a dollar, I want my money’s worth. Word got out in the Christian community that Tina’s show was poorly executed, it always started late, had audio issues, with Kanye-level meanderings. The album was not even mixed or mastered. People do care about these things Tina, contrary to your illogical beliefs. Learn your lessons! 

I think Erica is stuck because of Warryn’s financial predicament. If MaryMary doesn’t produce right last album, the Campbells will lose everything, if Sony executes their contract. The sad part is that Tina doesn’t care since it won’t affect her direct pocket. Warren is the one on the hook for it. 

Erica will continue hustling because she needs the money to pay back the seven figures. Once Tina’s savings dries up, and none of her other projects don’t take off due to improper planning, methinks she will return to MaryMary. Hopefully sooner rather than later, before the fans forget about her. 

• Love 3
(edited)

all - Erica and Warren have their own show - Meet the Campbells on the TV1 channel. There will be a 1 minute first look preview Sun 6/3 at 10 PM EST. The show is set to premiere June 19.  I think the time was 7 or 8 EST.

Edited by sATL
3 hours ago, sATL said:

all - Erica and Warren have their won show - Meet the Campbells on the TV1 channel. There will be a 1 minute first look preview Sun 6/3 at 10 PM EST. The show is set to premiere June 19.  I think the time was 7 or 8 EST.

Thanks for the update