Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Charity's Story

• Start Topic

39 yr old, 800 lb toothless women with a 21 yr old boyfriend. The 800 lb toothless women used to be in a 'relationshio with the 21 yr old's brother that produced a  now 18 yr old daughter.

EFFIN HILLBILLIES!

Edited by Taylorh2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

This one was really disturbing. I have never seen fat 'wings' like she had, and I couldn't really tell what was gone after the last surgery.

I really hope she continues to do well. And I hope her daughter takes a lesson from her mom. She has a perfect visual of what uncontrolled eating can lead to.

Also - did Charity have any teeth?

The daughter learning anything?   Maybe a miracle.     The daughter was standing in the hospital room with her stomach exposed because for some reason she didnt tie her sweatpants.     Who the F does that?

• Love 1

I need to stop watching this show because I have the same responses after each episode. How do these people get to be over 600lbs? I know it's an addiction, but wouldn't you think when you get to be 300-400 lbs and you can't fit into furniture, can't use the toilet, aren't as mobile as you were, etc that a light would go off & you would do something about your weight? Especially growing the lymphedema wings. I'm sure they just didn't appear overnight & I'm surprised she could move at all with them & the painful sores. These people need to get a hobby to get their minds off food. They cry about their weight while shoveling in pizza & chicken tenders. As I've said before, it's like fresh fruit & veggies are novelty items & don't they realize they need to do some type of exercise? They think that the surgery is a magic pill, expecting to leave 300 lbs at the hospital door when they leave. They all say after the surgery that it is much harder than they thought. Duh? Like we all have said, they & their enablers need some major sessions with a nutritionist & therapist BEFORE the surgery explaining everything. Didn't they use to have some type of patient liaison in Dr Now's office? I'd much rather see this than the continual naked scenes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The next day after I had my appendectomy, my dh was able to order a hospital dinner to eat with me. I don't remember if he had to pay for it when I was discharged (settling the bill) or it was submitted as part of the bill to the insurance co.

• Love 1

I fail to comprehend how someone in the kind of shape she was in lands a boyfriend. It's not even a matter of attraction - why on earth would anyone sign on to date someone when they have to be a full time caregiver? How does that relationship even develop?

Great question, excellent topic for a discussion.      I think there are a variety of reasons, a lot of them as we have found out are for freakish reasons and assorted mental issues.      This particular episode, I didnt buy the fiance thing for a second.   Something going on there, my guess it has something to do with getting more government money.

There is a documentary on Showtime called Time of Death about the terminally ill.     One story about was a still young man who deliberately sought out and found his last so called girlfriend to love him and obviously be his caretaker.  To be clear, she wasnt a friend or had any history with him.    Who would sign on to get emotionally involved for the sole purpose of watching him die? , not to mention all the gross stuff she had to do.

What I found even more disturbing was how selfish and cruel it was of this guy to seek out someone to plainly use. He had been a player, thought of himself as Gods gift to women.

These are mostly all sick and twisted relationships imo.    

In one of the news articles, it stated that Charity reconnected with her fiance at a party. Party? I thought she was housebound. How did she manage to get to a party? She had to go by ambulance to her dr's appts. At the end of the ep, she said that being able to ride in a vehicle other than an ambulance was a huge accomplishment since it had been so long since she was able to go out. It makes no sense. Part of me was thinking that fiance was also doing it with Charly. Two for the price of one.

A agree with the poster who said that she doesn't understand that when you get into such bad shape that you have no clothes that fit, can't stand, can't leave your house, why you don't try to do something on your own? The Huff Post article quoted Charity as saying that she was on a 1200 calorie a day diet. No way is that remotely true. If she was eating only eating 1200 calories, even if it was 5 boxes of chicken tenders and soda, and not move a muscle, she would lose weight. Talk about delusional. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 7
800 lb toothless women with a 21 yr old boyfriend. The 800 lb toothless women used to be in a 'relationshio with the 21 yr old's brother that produced a  now 18 yr old daughter.

EFFIN HILLBILLIES!

Part of me was thinking that fiance was also doing it with Charly. Two for the price of one.

Okay, my head is spinning.  As well as my gag reflexes. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The fiance gave me creepy vibes.  I am all for everyone having someone to love... but there is some obvious issues there. 

And yes, I agree about the clothing - I finally cheered out loud when she actually has a dress thing that covered her completely. I know it must be hard with the 'butt wings' but someone get some fabric and find a taylor to make a cheap skirt! 

And I noticed that when her dress/shirt would lift up, the EMT's would immediately put it down.  When it happened in front of the fiance, he would not do anything.

• Love 1

She wants to marry her daughter's uncle. The uncle being only 3 years older than her daughter, which means she probably met him when he was a TODDLER.  I guess it's POSSIBLE that she had a relationship with Jimmy, but never met Jimmy's younger brother until he was 8 (five years after Charly was born), especially if Jimmy and Tony are half siblings from different mothers (I'm guessing), but still....really?

Sauer first met Pierce when he was 8 and she was 25. They reconnected at a party three years ago.

I call bullshit. As someone mentioned above, she's housebound and couldn't go to the doctor without an ambulance. I find the "reconnected at a party three years ago" to be quite convenient, seeing that he's 21 now. Covering her ass by claiming that they reconnected when he was 18 and a legal adult. My guess is that they actually connected through the internet. And he saw a way to get out of whatever situation he was in, and live off the government by "caring" for a disabled woman with severe, lifetime self-esteem issues (especially when it comes to men). 

Question: if these women lose the weight, and get down to a manageable size where they can actually gain independence and get a job outside the home, do the government checks stop? Do they determine that "you can now be gainfully employed, so find a job. That includes your hangers-on/caregivers, too." That could also explain the resistance that the enablers have when it comes to these people losing weight. Yes, you have Douchy Gareth who gets off on larger, dangerously, morbidly obese women, but the rest of these people may be seeing the monthly checks dissolving if Mom loses weight. They may have to leave the house and get a job. I don't include Pauline's son in this, because that kid has been browbeaten and manipulated into his position in life. 

Charity isn't a liar of Pauline-esque proportions, and at least she's actually trying to make her freebie surgery work (unlike Pauline), but still....

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 5

That episode gave me nightmares. I woke in the middle of the night thinking I had grown fat wings on my butt. Scary.

Between the fat wings and the chili scene, it gives an entirely and dangerous new meaning to the song "Wind Beneath My Wings"

• Love 22
Great question, excellent topic for a discussion.      I think there are a variety of reasons, a lot of them as we have found out are for freakish reasons and assorted mental issues.      This particular episode, I didnt buy the fiance thing for a second.   Something going on there, my guess it has something to do with getting more government money.

Yes, not only can Charity collect disability, but her "caretaker", even if it's a relative or friend, can register to get paid through Medicaid. The programs are called "participant and consumer directed", which basically means that the patient decides who will be their caregiver and gets paid by the state. My guess is that Charity is on SSI, and gets Medicaid and fiance gets paid through Medicaid to care for her. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 3

Who'da thunk that I'd live to see the day when someone had "butt wings".  But what a perfect description.  So sad.  I just can't understand starting to sprout those things and still keep eating shite.

And what happened to the "fiancé"?  Halfway through the program he seemed to just disappear, and it was only Charly who was shown with her mom.  And what will it take for Charly to realize the shape she's in and start dieting?  Will she also get to 800 pounds before she decides she wants to be normal?  And I, too, thought the fiancé was a son at first.  He really seemed slow, though he was of normal size.  The whole set up was weird, as someone up above said.  Overweight toothless woman shacked up with dimwitted younger man who's close in age to her daughter, who is said daughter's uncle.  Weird, incestuous hillbillies indeed.  But Charity did seem to be a nice woman.  Not too bright herself, but at least she's trying to do right.  Maybe once she's smaller than Charly, Charly will realize she needs to do something about her weight.

That hamburger stuffed with fries.  Ugh.  I can't even eat that myself, and I've not had stomach surgery.  It just looked nasty.

Oh, and how about that doctor's visit after her mom died, when she didn't lose any appreciable weight.  Dr. Now asked her what happened, and instead of 'fessing up that she was downing hamburgers and fries, she just sat there and told him that she was following the program.  Lying liar who lies.  Though I'm sure Dr. Now knows the truth, and I'm sure the producers let him know what Charity was eating during that time.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 3

I've watched a number of these shows but this one takes the cake. Or should I say hamburger with fries. Don't these people get a list of foods to eat and what to avoid when they leave the hospital post-surgery? I was appalled to see Charity wolfing down that burger. And then being depressed because her weight loss wasn't as much as she'd hoped. Sometimes I think they are not grasping the concept.

And why do people blame their weight gain on others? I get that Charity had a turbulent childhood but at some point she became an adult and could then make her own choices. She was 39 on the show, obviously her abusive father hadn't been in the picture for years but she continued to blame him for her appearance. No one ever says I'm this way because I overeat. It's always my dad deserted us, I was molested, my dog died, etc.

I can't understand why a young man like Tony would want to be with a morbidly obese woman like Charity. What is the attraction there? It's not like they can go out on dates or anything. Does he have a fat fetish or is he in it for the caretaker money. Just ugh.

I look forward to the follow up show on Charity. I hope she continues to lose weight in spite of the two losers she lives with. And I hope she gets dental implants, she didn't have a tooth in her head.

Edited by Miss Chevious
  • Love 4

As many other posters in this thread, I keep wondering why I watch these shows?  As I have commented before, I think its because TLC is really nothing more than one of those now extinct carnival shows with bearded ladies.      

Charity was even filmed shaving.

• Love 3

The daughter learning anything? Maybe a miracle. The daughter was standing in the hospital room with her stomach exposed because for some reason she didnt tie her sweatpants. Who the F does that?

Someone that can't tie them because they're too fat.

Charlie should have had a major wake up call and gone on a low carb diet along with her mother. Losing weight together could have helped both of them.

Edited by Miss Chevious
  • Love 1
Guest dutronc

And why do people blame their weight gain on others? I get that Charity had a turbulent childhood but at some point she became an adult and could then make her own choices. She was 39 on the show, obviously her abusive father hadn't been in the picture for years but she continued to blame him for her appearance. No one ever says I'm this way because I overeat. It's always my dad deserted us, I was molested, my dog died, etc.

But she did say exactly that, and others have, too. She said something like "my dad was drunk and mean, and I coped by eating everything I could." I don't think she's denying the overeating part at all. Eating that much at that age probably gave her some physical or emotional comfort that was missing, and as she got older, her feedback loop didn't learn new coping skills. 

That said, this episode was really weird and distressing, especially with everything TLC edited out, although I don't think they really misled anyone. It was just too wtf to include, probably.

Count me in as another one who was aghast at the "butt wings.."  I had never seen anything like that before in my life.  There's lymphedema, and then there's butt wings.  My 15-year-old son was walking by when it was on and asked "are those testicles on her butt?"

I am shocked that she didn't lose more weight just by virtue of being so large to begin with.  I would think any reduction in caloric intake at her size would result in massive weight loss.

It was sad to see Charity, Charly,  and the "fiancée" all sitting around on that couch, stuffing their faces, with no goals/aspirations in sight.  I'm sure they were all depressed.

I was skeeved out by the fiancée as well.  Something is not right there. 

• Love 4

I TOTALLY missed that they were from Iowa. 

Ugh good lord.... I swear we are not that backwards here.... Cedar Rapids isn't even a dinky town either... in Iowa it's considered a city. 

• Love 4

I need to stop watching this show because I have the same responses after each episode. How do these people get to be over 600lbs? I know it's an addiction, but wouldn't you think when you get to be 300-400 lbs and you can't fit into furniture, can't use the toilet, aren't as mobile as you were, etc that a light would go off & you would do something about your weight? Especially growing the lymphedema wings. I'm sure they just didn't appear overnight & I'm surprised she could move at all with them & the painful sores. These people need to get a hobby to get their minds off food. They cry about their weight while shoveling in pizza & chicken tenders. As I've said before, it's like fresh fruit & veggies are novelty items & don't they realize they need to do some type of exercise? They think that the surgery is a magic pill, expecting to leave 300 lbs at the hospital door when they leave. They all say after the surgery that it is much harder than they thought. Duh? Like we all have said, they & their enablers need some major sessions with a nutritionist & therapist BEFORE the surgery explaining everything. Didn't they use to have some type of patient liaison in Dr Now's office? I'd much rather see this than the continual naked scenes.

To the bolded:  I have a few friends that are morbidly obese (I don't know how that happened; I guess just friends of friends becoming friends of mine?  But I digress...)

I think you'd be surprised at just how mobile and active one can be at 300-400 lbs.  But, for instance, I have a friend who is about 350 and her husband is about 400, both in their late 30's.  They hike, she works out (videos and gym), he is active on his job.  They fit into airplane seats (her without a seat belt extender, even), behind steering wheels, into theater seats, etc.  They have no problems showering or taking care of personal needs (that she's ever mentioned, and I've shared a hotel room with her, so I believe it.)  They have an active sex life, without any complications.  Life isn't bad for them.  

I'm not saying that's everyone's story, but of my very fat friends, only one has any kind of mobility problems or quality of life issues (literally cannot fit places, like airplane or bus seats) and she's over 500 lbs.  So, it's entirely possible that they were just enjoying their life too much to care and it snuck up on them (see Zsalynn's story, where she was having a lot of fun as a fat person, until the scales literally tipped and she was too fat to enjoy life.) 

• Love 5

The Huff article said the flesh-eating disease resulted in her loosing 40 pounds of flesh on her left side and Charity said it looked like a shark had taken a bite out of her. It did look like she had some scar tissue around her left butt wing, and that might have caused that one to form, but what caused the right one to form? Still a strange formation. I wonder if just sitting for 20 years of your life causes the fat to settle into....puddles.

I agree with everyone about Charly- you would think Charity would be pushing her to loose weight along with her, using the death of her own mother as an example. They could exercise together. Didn't one of the other moms do that, Tara maybe?

I STILL can't get over the fact these women have no problem discussing their sex lives in graphic detail, like number of times per day they have sex. I guess that is why they have no problem with showing their naked bodies on TV too.

• Love 1

My guess is that Charity is on SSI, and gets Medicaid and fiance gets paid through Medicaid to care for her.

Yeah, but...what 20-year-old man wants that job? There's something messed up about it even if he's getting paid.

My mom marrying my uncle? Who's practically my age? I can't even with these people. I agree that Cedar Rapids may not be New York, but it's not the kind of backwoods holler where you'd expect this kind of thing.

• Love 2
I think you'd be surprised at just how mobile and active one can be at 300-400 lbs.  But, for instance, I have a friend who is about 350 and her husband is about 400, both in their late 30's.  They hike, she works out (videos and gym), he is active on his job.  They fit into airplane seats (her without a seat belt extender, even), behind steering wheels, into theater seats, etc.  They have no problems showering or taking care of personal needs (that she's ever mentioned, and I've shared a hotel room with her, so I believe it.)  They have an active sex life, without any complications.  Life isn't bad for them. 

I'm not saying that's everyone's story, but of my very fat friends, only one has any kind of mobility problems or quality of life issues (literally cannot fit places, like airplane or bus seats) and she's over 500 lbs.  So, it's entirely possible that they were just enjoying their life too much to care and it snuck up on them (see Zsalynn's story, where she was having a lot of fun as a fat person, until the scales literally tipped and she was too fat to enjoy life.)

I think that different people carry their weight differently. Some of those profiled on the show have been much more mobile than others, even at 600+ pounds. Even at 300-400 pounds, an active lifestyle is possible. That said, I think once you get over 500-600 pounds, all that mass has to impact you. It's one thing to gain a little weight and then say oops, my clothes feel tight, or have to go up a belt notch, it's totally another matter when you can't move or breathe or are in constant pain because of your weight.  I mean, and I hate being gross, your arms don't grow as you get larger, so there is a certain point where you can no longer wipe your ass. If you need people to assist you when you bath or pee, if you cannot stand without assistance, if you can't ride in  a car, if you need an ambulance to take you anywhere, then it impacts you and I would hope a light goes off. I honestly don't know why people who are physically in pain from their mass and know that it's the food that's causing it, will sit on the couch and eat pizza. I'm sure there's some kind of very complex psychological factors, including depression and addiction  going on. It's really very sad.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5

I guess the "wings" came from he lying on her back all the time and the fat had nowhere to grow but sideways. Not to be smart but,thats the most astounding behind I've seen in my life.

• Love 3
Guest dutronc

I TOTALLY missed that they were from Iowa. 

Ugh good lord.... I swear we are not that backwards here.... Cedar Rapids isn't even a dinky town either... in Iowa it's considered a city. 

I don't think it was mentioned in the episode at all, especially because I thought, "well, it's not starting with a transcontinental trip with someone unsafely stuffed in the back of a minivan. I guess she already lives in Texas."

Co-signing the "Cedar Rapids isn't a backwoods junction" list.

If anyone remembers the "World's Fattest Man" who lived in Mexico, I remember he had a very odd distribution of the fat, and one of the doctors said it was from lying immobile for so long and then gaining more weight.  It sounds like the fat does kind of form in puddles. 

Color me shocked at 300-400 pound folks who "don't have a problem fitting into airline seats". More power to them.  I'm just north of 200 and I'm uncomfortable in some airline seats.  Sometimes extremely uncomfortable.  Maybe it's my badonkadonk.  Anyway, I'm off on vacation in a couple of weeks and thinking about airline seats on an overseas flight prompted me to go on the pre-flight diet.  Ten pounds gone!  I agree with the person who said you get to a point where quality of life diminishes, and I guess each person draws that line differently.  For me, it's airplane seats that hurt and not finding cute clothes. 

• Love 10

That was truly horrifying. I'm not even snarking. Those things on her butt. The stuff haning from her legs in the backview.  No pants. NO PANTS. I mean, they couldn't sew a couple king-sized sheets together to just wrap around her body? I was sitting on my couch eating cornflakes and had talked myself out of going to my masters swimming practice but as soon as I saw those butt wings and her taking a crap in the living room and having someone wipe her (with a towel), the cornflakes turned to ash in my mouth. I got up, put on my suit and went to practice. But I was haunted by the images of Charity's body while I swam.

I felt for the EMT folks, their faces with the effort to try to lift her, and they kept trying to pull her shirt down to give her some dignity.

What is the daughter going to do with her life? How sad they just sat around and ate.

Regarding the guy, time and again these shows astound me.  I haven't had a date in a long time and the people on this show can get someone to wipe their butt. How is that possible??

• Love 22

Pepperminty, I don't think you'd want the guys on this show.   For the most part, they seem on the wrong side of what most would consider normal.  

That's what I keep telling myself also.... I haven't dated in a very long time either and won't lie that sometimes i'm like "seriously THAT person can get a boyfriend/fiance/husband/sig other and I'm here sitting alone??"  and then I remember how much up that relationship must be. 

I am slightly overweight and single and I am just fine with that.  I can wipe my own behind and that's all that matters lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Very disturbing show, I wish Charity success but really wish we didn't have to see that. Her daughter and fiance didn't even try to maintain her dignity, letting her bottom half be uncovered like that. Going from the toilet straight to the couch with nothing to protect the couch from her ass?? That grossed me out so bad even now my stomach is still churning.

Her father was an alcoholic. She is a foodaholic. No snsrk, just cold, hard fact.

• Love 2

I have to laugh at all these "bearded lady" comments, because the show on immediately afterwards had an actual bearded lady. Ah TLC, you do not fail to meet our expectations!

I did like Charity's attitude overall, and I wish her the best.

• Love 3

What?! She lives in CR?! I will now be watching for her everywhere I go!!

I was in CR about a year ago for a work event and the entire place smelled like cookies because of what General Mills was cooking that day (cranberry something or other) and it smelled so freaking delicious every time we went outside.  So maybe she needs to move so the air doesn't remind her of food..... lol 

• Love 2

I was horrified by what I saw last night, horrified again this morning when I remembered... Ugh...I can't imagine having so little dignity that I would allow my body to be shown like that. Her daughter and brother in law/boyfriend failed to keep her dignity in check, bless the EMT crew for trying to keep her bottom covered. I have never seen something that revolting and I don't mean that disrespectfully. I just cannot imagine how uncomfortable it must be to live in that body.

• Love 1

I was in CR about a year ago for a work event and the entire place smelled like cookies because of what General Mills was cooking that day (cranberry something or other) and it smelled so freaking delicious every time we went outside. So maybe she needs to move so the air doesn't remind her of food..... lol

LOL it does smell like cookies here. I want to see her! As in real life see her. I missed the episode.

A few things not yet brought up in this thread- the boyfriend had very wide set eyes and a flat forehead- like in mental retardation. I don't mean Downs of course, but more like what we saw in the movie Deliverance. He looked to be mentally r******* from birth- possible fetal alcohol syndrome baby. 

I was confused at first about the butt wings, cause it looked like THAT is what they placed directly on the center of the toilet seat. I thought it was excess skin but then it looked like her butt itself. I kept rewinding and I could not figure out what was what!

When they got back from the hospital it seemed like Charity was the one In Charge- throw that out! Throw this out! They listened to her. But then the daughter was spouting platitudes about helping her mom. What happened after that? Was the mom still in charge and say Buy Me Food Not on my Diet so I die- and the TWO of them went out and bought it and fed it to her? Didn't one of the three say No, we moved all the way here, we have so much at stake, NO Im not buying it and im not giving it to you! I just don't freaking get it. The bf wants to keep her fat and the daughter probably wanted the junk food too. So the 3 of them were on the same page. It seems like lately almost all of them only lose 10 pounds (essentially nothing) the first 4-6 months after surgery. They cant eat as much, yet they make no progress. What was the point again?

The removal of the lymphademas looks like very painful surgery. ouch.

Edited by Bellalisa
  • Love 1

I missed the first 10 minutes and rewatched it today, I was stupid and ate my lunch while watching. I couldn't finish eating and I lost my appetite.

The way her butt was shaped was seriously crazy. It was flapping and the sores were so gross.

I really hope that they wash her with soap and water, and not just baby wipes.

Also, I'm pretty sure that her fiancé doesn't wipe her very well. you couldn't pay me a million dollars to sit anywhere in that house.

• Love 2
That hamburger stuffed with fries.  Ugh.  I can't even eat that myself, and I've not had stomach surgery.  It just looked nasty.

Can someone please tell me how she was able to eat that just several months post op? Because from all the other bariatric surgery shows I've watched (I can't believe I just typed that), that person would become violently sick after consuming that monstrosity. I didn't even think it was POSSIBLE to eat that much after surgery -- wasn't that the point of of having gastric bypass to begin with?

A few things not yet brought up in this thread- the boyfriend had very wide set eyes and a flat forehead- like in mental retardation. I don't mean Downs of course, but more like what we saw in the movie Deliverance. He looked to be mentally r******* from birth- possible fetal alcohol syndrome baby.

That was my first thought when I saw him -- that she had a mentally disabled son taking care of her. I wish that were the case.

Also, in that HuffPo article, Crystal had said she wanted to lose weight so she could marry him. Come on, now. If she married him, he'd no longer get paid.

Re: the butt wings. From what I recall, they weren't attached to her ass - they were coming off her lower back. Or no? Was that really her butt?! It was so hard to tell. And why didn't they remove those masses before the ones on her legs? I mean, Jesus. I have neber seen anything so awful in my life. And I watched the Man with the 132-lb. Scrotum.

It looked to  me that her "fiance" was standing there with a rag to wipe her.  

Hey, at least we can say that in spite of massive butt wings and weighing 250 lbs more than a certain other show participant, she actually stood up to go to the bathroom and went in a pot, instead of forcing someone to change out pee pads and wipe her laying down like a baby...just saying...cough...Penny...cough

And didn't it look to everyone like even after the skin removal surgery, the butt wings were still swinging under that dress?

When they got back from the hospital it seemed like Charity was the one In Charge- throw that out! Throw this out! They listened to her. But then the daughter was spouting platitudes about helping her mom. What happened after that? Was the mom still in charge and say Buy Me Food Not on my Diet so I die- and the TWO of them went out and bought it and fed it to her? Didn't one of the three say No, we moved all the way here, we have so much at stake, NO Im not buying it and im not giving it to you! I just don't freaking get it. The bf wants to keep her fat and the daughter probably wanted the junk food too. So the 3 of them were on the same page. It seems like lately almost all of them only lose 10 pounds (essentially nothing) the first 4-6 months after surgery. They cant eat as much, yet they make no progress. What was the point again?

Well, I think in this case, it was a matter of those two wanted to eat the way they had always eaten (in spite of seeing how it was killing Charity), so my guess is that they bought the foods for themselves and then were either too lazy to make a separate meal for Charity, or likely she asked to have what they were having.

There was a weird cut between the hamburger and the fries, so I'm really hoping those were actually further apart then made out and maybe she didn't even finish the hamburger. I have had bariatric surgery, and a year later, I am still unable to finish a small McDonald's hamburger in one sitting. I can almost finish the bottom half of one if I take off the top bun. That burger was huge, so if she did finish it, how did it fit?

I had the surgery even though I wasn't very big yet because I looked at my mom, aunts and two sisters who are all morbidly obese, saw my future and was willing to do something drastic to prevent that future.  Charity's daughter is already morbidly obese - I just don't get how her mom's situation doesn't spurn her to act.

Edited by mrsjoe
  • Love 4

I'm more tickled than I should be about the "butt wings" mystery. I'm still confused about what they're attached to. Maybe the back and butt?

When they were getting rid of the food, they had a lot of carbs in their cabinets. Waffle mix, flour, bread, taco shells, etc. A lot of beige/brown foods. It was ridiculous.

Even though skin surgery comes after the stomach surgery usually, I thought that her protuberances looked like they could have been removed first, as they seemed to be attached only to her butt, and not an organ.

• Love 2