Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

Yeah, they would be missing a big opportunity if they don't address it. After the NSA spying scandal, Mulder could release the evidence that the government used smallpox vaccinations to catalog people and people wouldn't think he was crazy like they would have in the past. Then that would open the door to thinking what else could the government be doing to the populace without their knowledge (which was addressed in episodes like Blood, WetWired, Drive, etc.). They could tie it back to the bees and the vaccines and all of a sudden Mulder and Scully are vindicated and more people in the government support their quest. If they go down this route, it could explain why Mulder and Scully are back in the FBI since now they'd have more allies and support to continue their efforts.

I doubt that's how it will play out, though.

Exactly. And it make sense.

But it seems more like a Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory route they seem to be heading down.

Oh boy you guys! Heads up.

Sourcehttps://twitter.com/patmunn/status/623563834192723968

Wish I'd NEVER helped to support this via Twitter. No offense meant to David, Gillian or any of the other actors. Their fan support has been great and I don't regret it :).

Damn this is looking WORSE than just Einstein and Miller.

So pardon me from jumping in here and sincerely not meaning to harsh anyone's vibes, but who on earth is Pat Munn and why should I care what he thinks about a revival? What makes his opinion valuable to the degree that people are actually reacting to what he's saying and adjusting their expectations accordingly?  Just by looking at his twitter feed and the fact that virtually no one of any relevance in the industry follows him, how on earth can this guy matter at all?  And how can his skills be at all an offset to the skills that any X-Files fan KNOWS that Morgan/Wong, Darin Morgan, DD and GA have? 

Not to mention, of all the guest stars names that have been dropped, I can't think of a single one that I'm disappointed in. I guess I really don't understand the fear here.  

• Love 5

So pardon me from jumping in here and sincerely not meaning to harsh anyone's vibes, but who on earth is Pat Munn and why should I care what he thinks about a revival? What makes his opinion valuable to the degree that people are actually reacting to what he's saying and adjusting their expectations accordingly?  Just by looking at his twitter feed and the fact that virtually no one of any relevance in the industry follows him, how on earth can this guy matter at all?  And how can his skills be at all an offset to the skills that any X-Files fan KNOWS that Morgan/Wong, Darin Morgan, DD and GA have? 

Not to mention, of all the guest stars names that have been dropped, I can't think of a single one that I'm disappointed in. I guess I really don't understand the fear here.  

Just a random news guy. Posted it just as a general thing. I don't keep track of him either way tbh, but given certain things already out... what was said was rather depressing :\. As a comment overall. I don't take what he says as verbatim. Just his opinion/take, nothing less/nothing more.

Fair point.

But I'm still NOT at ease about certain things that have come out about this. *shrugs* 

Hence my opinion on it. I'm still ok, but I'm a bit tired.

Guess I'm just old and jaded to a point lol.

Well that's good. I'm not sure about the newbies tbh. So it's a wait and see on them.

According to someone on Haven---

I think he's pretty chummy with Frank Spotnitz (or his "people"). He has always written very favorable things about GA and her projects, though IMO not always the most objective. He has had accurate insider info about many of GA's projects, however, I would say maybe 50% of what he claims to be "exclusive" are actually "exclusives"

I'm unhappy with Einstein and Miller as characters; I don't know anything about the actors and have nothing against either one.

Even though there's been a lot of venting in this thread, I think on the whole most of us are excited about the revival. 

• Love 1

I'm unhappy with Einstein and Miller as characters; I don't know anything about the actors and have nothing against either one.

Even though there's been a lot of venting in this thread, I think on the whole most of us are excited about the revival. 

I heard about it.

That's where I'm at too tbh.

Word. Just wish I was a bit more excited. It's been a bit hard to be lately. Dang it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm totally stoked about the revival. Came so out of left field as actually happening that I had to pinch myself. Particularly as I spent the spring preparing to mourn the loss of Don Draper, I was so glad that the universe was going to give me some additional, unexpected Fox Mulder in return.

I really do like the idea of Miller and Einstein, particularly as I think they could be used in that typical Darin Morgan manner. I love the idea that they could be some sort of fractured mirror look back at how Mulder and Scully used to be when they were young pups. I have no doubt that they're cast and meant to odd dopplegangers that ultimately end up telling us more about M&S. They definitely cast a redheaded female for a reason.

I don't know anything about the male actor but Lauren Ambrose was incredible as Claire Fisher in Six Feet Under, amongst other roles. 

Edited by baileythedog
  • Love 1

I'm totally stoked about the revival. Came so out of left field as actually happening that I had to pinch myself. Particularly as I spent the spring preparing to mourn the loss of Don Draper, I was so glad that the universe was going to give me some additional, unexpected Fox Mulder in return.

I really do like the idea of Miller and Einstein, particularly as I think they could be used in that typical Darin Morgan manner. I love the idea that they could be some sort of fractured mirror look back at how Mulder and Scully used to be when they were young pups. I have no doubt that they're cast and meant to odd dopplegangers that ultimately end up telling us more about M&S. 

I was too, originally! I was stoked about it. Now one of the best things from it has been interacting with the writers and actors via Twitter. That's one good thing I'll be taking away from it tbh :). 

Except they're NOT in his episode. They're in one of Chris's. Episode 4. Found out about this via Haven earlier today. I thought it was going to be in Darin's as well tbh though.

Pat Munn has had a good track record for reporting on GA's projects. I don't know if he knows any of her people, or if he's just interested in her work and uses what connections he has to find stuff out, but he often knows the behind-the-scenes details (e.g. reasons for some casting issues on The Fall). But, he doesn't have access to scripts, so everything he says about the story is based on speculation.

I don't mind Einstein and Miller. I've seen Lauren Ambrose in multiple things and I think she's a great actress. I don't know anything about the guy, so I have no opinion on him. I don't think that they're meant to upstage or take over the reigns from M&S. If that is their intention, the way they're doing it would be the worst strategy. Even if I don't have full faith in the writers, I do have faith that the business people at Fox would have demanded a better planned introduction of the "new generation" to give it the best chance of carrying over to a new season. 

I was too, originally! I was stoked about it. Now one of the best things from it has been interacting with the writers and actors via Twitter. That's one good thing I'll be taking away from it tbh :). 

Except they're NOT in his episode. They're in one of Chris's. Episode 4. Found out about this via Haven earlier today. I thought it was going to be in Darin's as well tbh though.

Heh. Weird. Thought for sure I'd read Darin's was episode 4. Oh well, I guess Kumail Nanjiani will get to have all the Darin Morgan fun. 

Regardless, I still think the Miller/Einstein role is going to be some sort of cracked perspective on Mulder and Scully. (I mean, obviously, from the names, right?) Whether it's Chris writing it or anyone else, it's going to be a study of contrasts or similarities. And I honestly think that will be it. I don't see them trying to shoehorn those characters in as a basis for any spinoff down the road.

Obviously, I can be proven wrong, but if there's one thing that I'm certain Chris has learned is that there is about zero interest in an X-Files universe that doesn't include BOTH Mulder and Scully.

Pat Munn has had a good track record for reporting on GA's projects. I don't know if he knows any of her people, or if he's just interested in her work and uses what connections he has to find stuff out, but he often knows the behind-the-scenes details (e.g. reasons for some casting issues on The Fall). But, he doesn't have access to scripts, so everything he says about the story is based on speculation.

I don't mind Einstein and Miller. I've seen Lauren Ambrose in multiple things and I think she's a great actress. I don't know anything about the guy, so I have no opinion on him. I don't think that they're meant to upstage or take over the reigns from M&S. If that is their intention, the way they're doing it would be the worst strategy. Even if I don't have full faith in the writers, I do have faith that the business people at Fox would have demanded a better planned introduction of the "new generation" to give it the best chance of carrying over to a new season. 

Ah. Probably not. 

Exactly. Well put. They'd be making a big mistake if this is their way of going about it tbh.

I'm excited too! Especially for the second episode, which seems to have a horror slant.

As for Chris Carter, I think he's great with mythology episodes, but his previous attempt at M&S doppelgangers didn't work for me at all. If this episode has a quirky tone, I hope it's more Post-Modern Prometheus and less Fight Club.

• Love 1

As for Chris Carter, I think he's great with mythology episodes, but his previous attempt at M&S doppelgangers didn't work for me at all. If this episode has a quirky tone, I hope it's more Post-Modern Prometheus and less Fight Club.

Well, yes. I'd also like to think that he's learned from "Fight Club." Now, if I hear that casting has taken a drastic turn and someone like Kathy Griffin is being considered, I'll start to be concerned. 

Then again, I'm someone who really did not hate the second movie, so I may not be objective enough. 

Regardless, I still think the Miller/Einstein role is going to be some sort of cracked perspective on Mulder and Scully. (I mean, obviously, from the names, right?) Whether it's Chris writing it or anyone else, it's going to be a study of contrasts or similarities. And I honestly think that will be it. I don't see them trying to shoehorn those characters in as a basis for any spinoff down the road.

Obviously, I can be proven wrong, but if there's one thing that I'm certain Chris has learned is that there is about zero interest in an X-Files universe that doesn't include BOTH Mulder and Scully.

I completely agree. Doggett and Reyes failed, the Lone Gunmen failed, Scully without Mulder failed. Chris himself said that the secret to the success of the show was "Mulder loves Scully and Scully loves Mulder". He knows that the characters and their relationship (even their platonic relationship) is central to the show's success. I believe that he knows better than to mess that up. That's why I don't believe a lot of these rumors. 

• Love 2

Heh. Weird. Thought for sure I'd read Darin's was episode 4. Oh well, I guess Kumail Nanjiani will get to have all the Darin Morgan fun. 

I thought it was ep 3, since they were filming it recently. It had a nod to Kim in it as well.

Yea I'm hoping that it's ALL that it is. Nothing more. 

*nods* Hopefully.

Here's what ep 4 is (courtesy Konrad Frye, via Haven):

- he refers to episode 4 as quite unlike anything they've ever done in the show. And it deals with timely, newsworthy subject (it's unclear if he's still talking about the episode or the revival here). EDIT: it's a MotW episode, which makes 10x01 and 10x06 the only mythology entries of the revival.

I'm excited too! Especially for the second episode, which seems to have a horror slant.

I hope so too. I didn't mind Fight Club, but it's not one of my favorites.

(edited)

I thought it was ep 3, since they were filming it recently. It had a nod to Kim in it as well.

Yea I'm hoping that it's ALL that it is. Nothing more. 

*nods* Hopefully.

Here's what ep 4 is (courtesy Konrad Frye, via Haven):

I hope so too. I didn't mind Fight Club, but it's not one of my favorites.

I haven't been to the Haven in YEARS. Over a decade, at least. I had forgotten that place actually existed, hysterical that it's still a thing. Seems like a lifetime ago. And I recognize that person's name--as I recall a reputable person, yes?  

Alas, I can deal with 2 of the 6 being myth-arc episodes. Those generally aren't my favorite anyway, and as long as the MOTW's can still reference the larger X-Files universe/questions, then I think we'll be in good shape.  I also have faith that 6 episodes is a good mini-season and hopefully, like other shows with limited episodes that have come into prominence since TXF was last on TV, they will take notice of how those writers rooms work and the tightness and cohesiveness of the episodes create a more satisfying serial season.  Fingers crossed. 

Edited by baileythedog

I haven't been to the Haven in YEARS. Over a decade, at least. I had forgotten that place actually existed, hysterical that it's still a thing. Seems like a lifetime ago. And I recognize that person's name--as I recall a reputable person, yes?  

Alas, I can deal with 2 of the 6 being myth-arc episodes. Those generally aren't my favorite anyway, and as long as the MOTW's can still reference the larger X-Files universe/questions, then I think we'll be in good shape.  I also have faith that 6 episodes is a good mini-season and hopefully, like other shows with limited episodes that have come into prominence since TXF was last on TV, they will take notice of how those writers rooms work and the tightness and cohesiveness of the episodes create a more satisfying serial season.  Fingers crossed. 

Yep. And a pretty good admin. Kept the place running like clock work.

Here's to hoping!

• Love 1

Then again, I'm someone who really did not hate the second movie, so I may not be objective enough. 

I like the second movie. :)

I don't even think CC is to blame for most of this anyway. FOX does have a lot of influence, right?  

I don't even think CC is to blame for most of this anyway. FOX does have a lot of influence, right?  

Not to blame for most of what? He's the show runner so he still has to oversee the writers' room. And I assume no one is being cast against his wishes. 

Not to blame for most of what? He's the show runner so he still has to oversee the writers' room. And I assume no one is being cast against his wishes. 

I'm sure FOX wants to keep the same "formula" they had 20 years ago, even if it's not necessarily true to the characters at this point in time. I don't know if M&S separating was CC's idea or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if FOX had some input. The UST was a big part of the show back in the day.

(This is assuming the rumors are true. I'm still convinced that it's a ruse .)

• Love 1

I'm sure FOX wants to keep the same "formula" they had 20 years ago, even if it's not necessarily true to the characters at this point in time. I don't know if M&S separating was CC's idea or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if FOX had some input. The UST was a big part of the show back in the day.

Oh, I don't know. I mean, if there's a plausible reason why M&S are not together in the first episode and need to get back to each other after a break, I'm okay with that. It does have to be plausible, though. Certainly there are a million reasons they could drive each other to snap over a length of time, but even more reasons why they could never work out at anything but a superficial level with anyone else. If those spoilers are true, I can deal with it so long as the writing is honest.

One thing that amazes me, though, is that after all this time, CC has still not learned to run a leak-proof set. If he really wanted to keep ahold of the surprise, he'd take a few lessons from Matt Weiner of "Mad Men." Nothing, I mean, NOTHING left that set in advance and the series was all the better served for it.

• Love 2

Yep. I wouldn't be either.

So am I.

Oh, I don't know. I mean, if there's a plausible reason why M&S are not together in the first episode and need to get back to each other after a break, I'm okay with that. It does have to be plausible, though. Certainly there are a million reasons they could drive each other to snap over a length of time, but even more reasons why they could never work out at anything but a superficial level with anyone else. If those spoilers are true, I can deal with it so long as the writing is honest.

One thing that amazes me, though, is that after all this time, CC has still not learned to run a leak-proof set. If he really wanted to keep ahold of the surprise, he'd take a few lessons from Matt Weiner of "Mad Men." Nothing, I mean, NOTHING left that set in advance and the series was all the better served for it.

I can too, up to a point.

He's talked a little about that in recent interviews. Apparently he was shocked at how quickly those photos from the second day of shooting spread via social media.

Yea. And I have to admit surprise at the fact that he was surprised. That's being pretty well insulated imo. To not even be aware of it. That happened up to a point in IWTB. Not as much, but it was there.

He's talked a little about that in recent interviews. Apparently he was shocked at how quickly those photos from the second day of shooting spread via social media.

Seriously? Oh Chris. #facepalm.  

But even more than that, Matt Weiner made all guest actors sign NDA agreements. They couldn't even tell their spouses what show they'd worked on. No press releases touting any guest actors snagged for various roles. Tighter than the CIA, frankly.  And always a delightful surprise when you saw some long ago remembered face popping up in various roles in 60s outfits.  

So yeah. Chris, take a lesson. It's 2015, FFS. 

By the way, I think all those set photos from earlier are legit. Their EXIF data has been stripped.

I saw this old quote (March 2015) from Carter. I thought it was sorta interesting since we've been talking about William and colonization lately.

Putting the series in the present seems to leave “X-Files” news with questions about 2012 and ‘colonization.’ Carter says, “I’ve thought about that. I don’t know exactly how I’m going to address it, in a big way, a mild way, a modern way, a mention or a plot point. And of course you can’t avoid to deal with the William (arc) in some way or another.”

• Love 1

Welcome to the new world of social media, Chris Carter. Sucks, doesn't it. He probably though his old methods worked so well before, why change.

• Love 1
(edited)

The return of the Lone Gunmen is confirmed.

I assume this means they could feature in episode 4, 5 or 6. 6 is the most likely candidate, but I guess they did show up in MOTW episodes too sometimes.

There's also been another article released; you can see it here http://switchhasbeenflicked.tumblr.com/

Nothing we haven't seen already however

New footage will air tomorrow night on Wayward Pines.

I can't wait for new material to over-analyze :)

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1

Yep. And regardless of plausibility, I still DO NOT like it.

Fair point.

I probably won't, but it's the first time I've EVER thought of doing so lol. In 20 years of being a fan. A LOT of history. 

Exactly.

Say wha?! O_o Where's the tweet confirming that?

I'm not a fan of this either.

Some tweets are not meant to stay. Search tvwise.co.uk for "Jaden Smith".

Further casting announcements are expected shortly, with the latest (and I must stress UNCONFIRMED) rumours suggesting that Jaden Smith is being eyed for a guest role later in the run of episodes.

Is this what you mean? I haven't seen any official confirmation yet.

The return of the Lone Gunmen is confirmed.

I assume this means they could feature in episode 4, 5 or 6. 6 is the most likely candidate, but I guess they did show up in MOTW episodes too sometimes.

There's also been another article released; you can see it here http://switchhasbeenflicked.tumblr.com/

Nothing we haven't seen already however

New footage will air tomorrow night on Wayward Pines.

I can't wait for new material to over-analyze :)

Heard about it! Thrilled to hear that it is the case :).

Exactly. Just recycled info.

Definitely. Looking forward to it. Hoping it's something positive.

Some tweets are not meant to stay. Search tvwise.co.uk for "Jaden Smith".

Ah. Yea I think I remember that one vaguely. Thanks for the tip!

Nm, was wrong on that one. Turned out I skimmed right over it!

Thanks to Finis Terre for catching what my eyes did not  :).

(edited)

Ive been down about all the new spoilers-the return of the Lone Gunmen is a welcome surprise. Happy to hear about it. I've tried to stay away from the boards lately because the new spoilers aren't at all my cup of tea.

Edited by Tardislass
  • Love 2

Vehicle I've been down about all the new spoilers-the return of the Lone Gunmen is a welcome surprise. Happy to hear about it. I've tried to stay away from the boards lately because the new spoilers aren't at all my cup of tea.

Definitely.

Yea they aren't mine either... especially if they turn out to be true. It would be beyond character assassination. Just a real waste and a damn shame  :(.

• Love 1

Whoops! Guess I skimmed right over it. Been so -_- about things lately with it, that my mind didn't catch that one.

With all the other... dear stuff coming out, this is just another thing to add to the pile.

What pile are we talking about? A few spoilers? The old and new cast members? By the way, it doesn't matter what sort of news is announced: a bunch of folks who never ran a TV show (but are obviously so much better than the showrunner whose show they've been watching for two decades) will continue to whine and panic about everything, and post tons of emoticons while shouting: "Carter needs to grow up!" The only stuff really coming out is that some of the hardcore fans are rude and patronizing, but this isn't exactly news, is it? Masochism and sense of entitlement are not a good combination.

• Love 2

What pile are we talking about? A few spoilers? The old and new cast members? By the way, it doesn't matter what sort of news is announced: a bunch of folks who never ran a TV show (but are obviously so much better than the showrunner whose show they've been watching for two decades) will continue to whine and panic about everything, and post tons of emoticons while shouting: "Carter needs to grow up!" The only stuff really coming out is that some of the hardcore fans are rude and patronizing, but this isn't exactly news, is it? Masochism and sense of entitlement are not a good combination.

*shrug* I haven't been acting that way. Just frustrated. :\   Never held that kind of attitude towards it. Not one bit. 

Anything that's being said is just that. At least on my end. Nothing more. Just general remarks, nothing personal against anyone.

Yes it's spoiler related to a point. And in part related to lack of context. Nothing makes any sense right now. I can kind of see why fans are reacting as they are to a point given the way things are. But... they are over doing it.   

Fair point. Seeing how people on Twitter are reacting isn't good same with other forms of social media. It's not looking good.

I can see how they might take things though. 

I don't envy the position that CC and co are in right now.

Honestly NOT a fan of the entitlement thing myself. I get sick of people who hold that attitude. Whining and complaining isn't going to make any difference. Best we can do is to try to keep on the positive side.

Never expected anything from this revival. Outside of just good writing and decent characterization. And no soap opera.

If it's good, it's good... if not, oh well. *shrugs*

Just sitting here on my hands until January and hoping things will be ok.

Things will be okay. They're not trying to destroy the show. And despite all the somewhat deserved criticism of CC's writing skills, he does know the audience loves the characters and that their chemistry is what sets the show apart from all the other sci-fi shows of the '90s that have long since died off. That's basically why I've become pretty skeptical about all these spoilers. And if they turn out to be true, I have enough faith in the writers and the actors that it will not be as bad as it seems right now. Everyone involved has said that the scripts are really good and I trust that.

As for the Gunmen returning, if they're in episode 4, then I'm betting we see them as some part of Scully's vision (like how she's seen her dad in One Breath, or talked to Melissa in Emily). I'm curious about CC's quote saying that episode 4 is breaking new ground and doing things in a way that's never been done before. I wonder what that could mean, because the show has already done so many unconventional things it's hard to imagine what a new one might be.

• Love 1

Ok guys, been noticing that the thread has gotten a bit heated.

Might want to take things down a couple of notches.

Discussion is good, but being uber negative towards writers and the like is not. /end of mod note

==============================================================================================================

Things will be okay. They're not trying to destroy the show. And despite all the somewhat deserved criticism of CC's writing skills, he does know the audience loves the characters and that their chemistry is what sets the show apart from all the other sci-fi shows of the '90s that have long since died off. That's basically why I've become pretty skeptical about all these spoilers. And if they turn out to be true, I have enough faith in the writers and the actors that it will not be as bad as it seems right now. Everyone involved has said that the scripts are really good and I trust that.

As for the Gunmen returning, if they're in episode 4, then I'm betting we see them as some part of Scully's vision (like how she's seen her dad in One Breath, or talked to Melissa in Emily). I'm curious about CC's quote saying that episode 4 is breaking new ground and doing things in a way that's never been done before. I wonder what that could mean, because the show has already done so many unconventional things it's hard to imagine what a new one might be.

Yea I figured that. I am too. Go over to Haven right now lol. There's a new one and it's a doozy! Might as well get a laugh out of it. I do in regards to the actors, and a bit in the writers.

Just added in a mod note, since a couple of folks are being a little bit heated here. Might as well try to mellow things out. I'm not quite at that level of trust just yet. But... I'm trying to be.

Good point.  Maybe they're M & S's conscience? Reminding them of how good they are together?

Yes it's spoiler related to a point. And in part related to lack of context. Nothing makes any sense right now. I can kind of see why fans are reacting as they are to a point given the way things are. But... they are over doing it.   

Fair point. Seeing how people on Twitter are reacting isn't good same with other forms of social media. It's not looking good.

Ultimately, it's really a matter of reading things selectively. Like the most recent "spoiler". People obsess over the word "ring", rather than "visions" or "dreams". One would expect more from philes, but no, they are collectively falling for one more (hilarious) instance of textbook manipulation.

• Love 2

Ultimately, it's really a matter of reading things selectively. Like the most recent "spoiler". People obsess over the word "ring", rather than "visions" or "dreams". One would expect more from philes, but no, they are collectively falling for one more (hilarious) instance of textbook manipulation.

Yep. Exactly. Tbh though, I think that it's a fake spoiler. Either that or a BAD fever dream. Good point about it possibly being a vision or a dream.

Note: Just found out via Haven and via Tumblr that said spoiler is truly a fake. Ism/Perplexistan mentioned about it via her Tumblr page.

Yep. Exactly. Tbh though, I think that it's a fake spoiler. Either that or a BAD fever dream. Good point about it possibly being a vision or a dream.

Note: Just found out via Haven and via Tumblr that said spoiler is truly a fake. Ism/Perplexistan mentioned about it via her Tumblr page.

Well, I did write "spoiler" in double quotation marks. ;) That people fell for it... speaks volumes. 

• Love 2

I agree that it's fake, though obviously we'll know for sure in a few days if someone sees Joel McHale filming in a jewelry store... :P

The (real) episode name is interesting, though. Time to research Babylon. 

Well, I did write "spoiler" in double quotation marks. ;) That people fell for it... speaks volumes. 

Yep. Exactly. The person wanted attention. And got it. Best thing we can do... is to ignore them and anything else like it. Basically anything UBER negative, consider it to be suspicious until proven otherwise.

I agree that it's fake, though obviously we'll know for sure in a few days if someone sees Joel McHale filming in a jewelry store... :P

The (real) episode name is interesting, though. Time to research Babylon. 

Lmao XD. Yea that would be weird.

Definitely. Has me thinking of the 'Gardens of Babylon'.

I've been reading all about Babylon legends for the past 30 minutes. Who knew being an obsessed X-Files fan was educational? The episode does sound like it will have a serious tone, which makes me very curious about Einstein and Miller...

So far it sounds like we're getting one of each episode "type." Mytharc (My Weakness), horror (Home Again), funny/strange (Mulder and Scully meet the Weremonster), religious (Babylon). So what theme do you think the fifth episode will have?

I've been reading all about Babylon legends for the past 30 minutes. Who knew being an obsessed X-Files fan was educational? The episode does sound like it will have a serious tone, which makes me very curious about Einstein and Miller...

So far it sounds like we're getting one of each episode "type." Mytharc (My Weakness), horror (Home Again), funny/strange (Mulder and Scully meet the Weremonster), religious (Babylon). So what theme do you think the fifth episode will have?

Ah. What guesses do you have so far? I was thinking maybe it has to deal with the rich and the poor. Honestly it's seeming like a combo. A format bending/meta one, combined with religion and the ship. Dang this one is going to be different, that's for sure.

As for types...   A shippy episode. But... it seems as if that might be covered in the fourth one too. Maybe it'll be a Lone Gunmen type episode?

A big thanks to Den of Geek for the refresher course!

The combination of the character Shiraz and the title Babylon makes me think the episode will deal with the Middle East in some way. It may bear similarities to the episode Kaddish, which explored Jewish legends.

Obviously it's not just a run-of-the-mill MOTW, though. I think it will be an important episode for Scully and involve something she's personally invested in---like in All Souls, maybe? It's hard to come up something specific, since we really don't know much about her character right now (it's been 7 years since we last saw her). I could see the story going in many different directions. Mulder, William, or even something related to those alien spaceships from season six.

Einstein and Miller are almost weird enough to suggest a dream sequence or alternate reality. On the other hand, their contracts being extended kind of blows that theory out of the water.

CC has talked a lot about "trying new things" and "breaking ground." I have no idea what that's about.

Since there's a racist nurse, maybe Scully gets involved at the hospital again.

It sounds very interesting to me.

• Love 1

The combination of the character Shiraz and the title Babylon makes me think the episode will deal with the Middle East in some way. It may bear similarities to the episode Kaddish, which explored Jewish legends.

Obviously it's not just a run-of-the-mill MOTW, though. I think it will be an important episode for Scully and involve something she's personally invested in---like in All Souls, maybe? It's hard to come up something specific, since we really don't know much about her character right now (it's been 7 years since we last saw her). I could see the story going in many different directions. Mulder, William, or even something related to those alien spaceships from season six.

Einstein and Miller are almost weird enough to suggest a dream sequence or alternate reality. On the other hand, their contracts being extended kind of blows that theory out of the water.

CC has talked a lot about "trying new things" and "breaking ground." I have no idea what that's about.

Since there's a racist nurse, maybe Scully gets involved at the hospital again.

It sounds very interesting to me.

Yea it definitely will be something different.

Hopefully more implied than overt religious wise though.

It is rather interesting.

Since it "appears" that M&S are forced to go back into the FBI, I'm thinking it has to be something with either William's safety or Skinner. I doubt it's about aliens.

But these 5 second teasers are getting really irritating! Want more!

Since it "appears" that M&S are forced to go back into the FBI, I'm thinking it has to be something with either William's safety or Skinner. I doubt it's about aliens.

But these 5 second teasers are getting really irritating! Want more!

Yea those two options make sense.

So do I. And FOX pulled it down... WTF?! O_o Seriously... it's free advertising. I checked via Twitter and David reblogged it, saw the vid there for a minute and when I went to reload the page it was gone.