Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

I just looked at some of Danax8's posts and it seems the bedroom scene was in the script. Agh... but it doesn't mean there won't be unscripted scenes in the revival. As Carrie123 said, I think it's a really good sign that these important clarifications are missing.  

Cool. Haven't been able to find the original leaked stuff myself. Glad you were able to. Exactly. Did you check out the Tv Guide scans?

Definitely. They're hiding something big imo. Why else have the distraction right around the time we all were guessing marriage. We did that back when IWTB was coming out no problem. No distractions or nothing. The fact that they did this, this time, kind of stands out to me. Even if it's not the case, it's still a bit suspicious.

Yep, I did. The stuff about propaganda reminded me of two things I saw while searching through Haven---a trailer where Mulder's face has been blurred (very poorly lol) to hide his beard, and a promotional photo where the word "Frankenstein" has been replaced with "Werewolf."

It's also strange to me that danax6's source came to her several days after it was announced that FOX was tightening security.  

Yep, I did. The stuff about propaganda reminded me of two things I saw while searching through Haven---a trailer where Mulder's face has been blurred (very poorly lol) to hide his beard, and a promotional photo where the word "Frankenstein" has been replaced with "Werewolf."

It's also strange to me that danax6's source came to her several days after it was announced that FOX was tightening security.  

I remember that. I think that was something that Chris leaked (ok that sounded rather weird lol) iirc.

Very good catch. Maybe it had to deal with the pictures we saw earlier along with some other info (meaning the page that leaked out)? Didn't part of the leak take place before that too? I thought it did.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/f229db14b73e99007803e7ed1a68dcb4/tumblr_nqgytaOIjI1u4vq0ao1_1280.jpg

Here's the FOX thing, which was posted June 24th 

Danax6's first spoiler was posted on June 28th

It could mean nothing, or it could mean everything... who knows? :P

That's in regards to the one call sheet that leaked out I think.

Yep. Good catch. 

I just found the thread via IMDB about the marriage thing. It was posted in April. Early June for the one posted on XFU, around April or so on Haven iirc. It was early June via XFN. I think around early June on Twitter.

So it's between April and June (3 months) that people were guessing it. All before the clamp down and the spoiler leak (June 24th and 28th respectively). Which are relatively close time wise imo. And a bit suspicious.

Holy shit... a member on Haven originally posted this from Twitter:

Glen Morgan ‏@GlenMrgn 8h8 hours ago

@nerdosapiens I'd better shoot some more scenes with Tooms back from the dead to attack the Mulder/Scully wedding just to be safe.

Credit goes to nerdosapiens and Glen Morgan on Twitter for this.

Such a troll! Lmao XD.

The Requiem and Existence scenes DEFINITELY weren't spoiled though. I remember that everyone in the fan base was super concerned with how Existence would end and remember no one had a clue until the day it aired.

OMG that scene.  I was gathered in NYC with a bunch of philes for the weekend to celebrate the finale.  We tore the place down when that kiss happened!  lol

Good times....don't fuck with me CC.

• Love 1

OMG that scene.  I was gathered in NYC with a bunch of philes for the weekend to celebrate the finale.  We tore the place down when that kiss happened!  lol

Good times....don't fuck with me CC.

Lucky!

Definitely. 

But to be fair, I think he's mellowed a bit since back in the day.

• Love 1

Those TV Guide photos of Gillian are TERRIBLE - Photoshopped to all ends. How disappointing

Yea. Same with David tbh. Not a fan of those ones at all. The article is good though. I'm much more of a fan of Entertainment Weekly's work.

(edited)

I would have preferred a 3rd movie. I think a second revival series might be wearing out the welcome. We'll see how this one goes, though. 

I wonder why Fox is so against another movie. The first 2 didn't lose money, right? And with the revived interest, a 3rd one could do even better than the 2nd one. 

Edited by M.F. Luder
(edited)

I don't think IWTB lost money (it would be hard to, since its budget was so low), and I know FTF made money.  But they both under-performed compared to what was expected, and IWTB's reception made it seem like widespread interest in XF just wasn't there anymore. 

So, XF just has a much better track record on TV than on film (the takeaway from FTF for the studio was pretty much, "People would rather see them on TV" given how much less money it made than was expected given that the series was at the height of its popularity).  How this revival goes over with audiences will determine many things, I'm sure.

Edited by Bastet
(edited)

Chris Carter did a podcast interview with Nerdist and talked about the revival. Here's the gist:

1) He wants to be true to their characters. 

2) He said he had dinner with R. W. Goodwin recently (this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Goodwin is Sheila Larken's husband).

3) He mentioned "taking the mythology in a new direction."  

4) He talked about eschewing a show bible again (facepalm).

5) He complimented the writers on the show and was surprisingly humble.

6) He said that everyone is working independently this go-round---he won't be rewriting any material or modifying the other writers' scripts.

7) He talked about telling stories in which Mulder and Scully are emotionally involved.

8) He said he's "mindful" of fans' reactions and input.

9) "Every episode [of the revival] is dealing with Mulder and Scully on some emotional arc that we've all agreed upon." (?!?)

Edited by Hidebehind

I would have preferred a 3rd movie. I think a second revival series might be wearing out the welcome. We'll see how this one goes, though. 

I wonder why Fox is so against another movie. The first 2 didn't lose money, right? And with the revived interest, a 3rd one could do even better than the 2nd one. 

I can kinda see why, considering the trend these last couple of years. A lot of "big name" actors/actresses that are known (and were successful) in film are making a stab at the small screen and being successful with that attempt. I know that GA and DD are recently more TV show actors, but I just think of Penny Dreadful (Eva Greene and Josh Hartnet), Matthew McConaughey,  Woody Harrelson and now Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams in True Detective, and I swear I saw a clip of a new show with Bradley Cooper in it. Tea Leone in Madam Secretary. Halle Berry and Jeffery Dean Morgan in Extant (and he's in another show too). There are more, I just can't think of them. It seems a lot more movie actors are transitioning to TV.

Point being, is that movies nowadays seems to be these comic book special affect movies or animated films, and something like an X-Files seems to be more suited on TV than big screen. Just my thoughts.

Hidebehind - that podcast sounds good. I'm laughing about him mentioning him now rewriting any scripts. Obviously this was a problem in the past. Ha!

• Love 2

2) He said he had dinner with R. W. Goodwin recently (this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Goodwin is Sheila Larken's husband).

1) I wonder if he means pre-season 8 character. The fact that the other writers weren't around at that time is giving me some hope that we'll get some good characterization. Especially for Scully.

2) I don't remember if this has been discussed here, but danax from Haven has "confirmed" that Sheila Larken will be in the 2nd episode.

The rest of the quotes seem to be what he always says. I wonder what his reasoning is for not having a show bible. What is the downside? I don't get that.

In recent days, I've  become surprisingly optimistic about this whole thing again. I don't believe that the rumors we've heard are true (or at least not the way we're thinking), and I'm excited about the MOTW episodes. I wish I had some tangible reason to feel this way, but I guess I'm going to have to settle for blind faith right now :)

• Love 1

1) I wonder if he means pre-season 8 character. The fact that the other writers weren't around at that time is giving me some hope that we'll get some good characterization. Especially for Scully.

2) I don't remember if this has been discussed here, but danax from Haven has "confirmed" that Sheila Larken will be in the 2nd episode.

The rest of the quotes seem to be what he always says. I wonder what his reasoning is for not having a show bible. What is the downside? I don't get that.

In recent days, I've  become surprisingly optimistic about this whole thing again. I don't believe that the rumors we've heard are true (or at least not the way we're thinking), and I'm excited about the MOTW episodes. I wish I had some tangible reason to feel this way, but I guess I'm going to have to settle for blind faith right now :)

It allows them to change things on the fly. More games imo.

My only concern with Morgan and Wong is that they are/were noromos. Now perhaps they've changed but hopefully they can write the relationship as it is now.

I am excited to see Mrs Scully again and glad they are talking about William. I always felt bad for her since she took care of William as much as Scully and then to be told her grandson was adopted! Can't imagine the hurt and pain.

They really need to have a show bible to keep track of the convoluted stories!

Chris Carter did a podcast interview with Nerdist and talked about the revival. Here's the gist:

3) He mentioned "taking the mythology in a new direction."  

4) He talked about eschewing a show bible again (facepalm).

5) He complimented the writers on the show and was surprisingly humble.

6) He said that everyone is working independently this go-round---he won't be rewriting any material or modifying the other writers' scripts.

7) He talked about telling stories in which Mulder and Scully are emotionally involved.

8) He said he's "mindful" of fans' reactions and input.

9) "Every episode [of the revival] is dealing with Mulder and Scully on some emotional arc that we've all agreed upon." (?!?)

Oh boy.

1) So far... I'm not sure on that one. 

2) Interesting. 

3) Sounds like more games! Avoiding parts of the myth maybe? Who knows anymore...

4) See my above post!

5) Aww.

6) Hmm. This seems to go counter about what he said before. It could be either good or bad. Maybe Glen can sneak some stuff in... *hint, hint* >:) (sorry, but it's been a long day, and I needed a good laugh).

7) Dealing with William?

8) Now this is interesting. I'm wondering with it.

9) O_O Not a fan of more angst. Thanks but no thanks. (Hoping it's not a regretting that they've been involved thing. That would be beyond depressing :(.)

My only concern with Morgan and Wong is that they are/were noromos. Now perhaps they've changed but hopefully they can write the relationship as it is now.

I am excited to see Mrs Scully again and glad they are talking about William. I always felt bad for her since she took care of William as much as Scully and then to be told her grandson was adopted! Can't imagine the hurt and pain.

They really need to have a show bible to keep track of the convoluted stories!

Exactly. But tbh, I'm more concerned about Chris's writing than I am with them. I'm hoping that they've grown enough in the last 18 or so years. 

Neither can I.

Exactly!

• Love 1

Exactly. But tbh, I'm more concerned about Chris's writing than I am with them. I'm hoping that they've grown enough in the last 18 or so years. 

It's not really a matter of growing. There were a lot of legitimate reasons to be noromo back in the day, and none of them were a detriment to the overall Mulder/Scully relationship, which was always based on love, even if it was platonic. I don't think Chris' or M&W's desire to keep it platonic was wrong. Even though I was a hardcore shipper, I never actually wanted them to get together on the show, I just wanted it to end with them being a happy couple together.

But now, the show went on for way more seasons than they ever thought/planned, and there have been way more developments in the M/S relationship than M&W ever thought there would be back when they left in season 4. I don't think that they would be against a romantic relationship now, since it's already happened. And even when they were noromos, they were still writing good M/S interaction so it's not like their old ways would be a departure from the relationship that we all loved.

• Love 4

It's not really a matter of growing. There were a lot of legitimate reasons to be noromo back in the day, and none of them were a detriment to the overall Mulder/Scully relationship, which was always based on love, even if it was platonic. I don't think Chris' or M&W's desire to keep it platonic was wrong. Even though I was a hardcore shipper, I never actually wanted them to get together on the show, I just wanted it to end with them being a happy couple together.

But now, the show went on for way more seasons than they ever thought/planned, and there have been way more developments in the M/S relationship than M&W ever thought there would be back when they left in season 4. I don't think that they would be against a romantic relationship now, since it's already happened. And even when they were noromos, they were still writing good M/S interaction so it's not like their old ways would be a departure from the relationship that we all loved.

Fair points.

Heck I guess some of what I wanted back then would be considered more Noromo like lol. I didn't need to see them having sex or anything like that. Just them happy. Or at least having some happiness. Nothing wrong with platonicness. 

But... it did get to a point where they couldn't have continued it. 

Exactly. Good point.

I think "emotional arc" confirms that they will get back together. I mean, it could be anything, but assuming the break-up is legit, I am guessing the "emotional arc" means they are reuniting. It would not be much of an arc if they start broken up and also end there.

• Love 1

I think "emotional arc" confirms that they will get back together. I mean, it could be anything, but assuming the break-up is legit, I am guessing the "emotional arc" means they are reuniting. It would not be much of an arc if they start broken up and also end there.

Fair point. 

Lol, good point on that.

Just hoping it isn't drawn out too much.

According to someone on tumblr, they are filming at the Unremarkable House today. No word yet as to who's there.

Yea! *dirty thoughts entering my head* >:)

Sorry... they're doing that on their own lol.

Haha, I hope the rumor is true...

Apparently they went back and filmed a scene at Riverview for episode 2 a few days ago. Maybe they are filming important scenes out of sequence to try and keep things under wraps.

Haha, I hope the rumor is true...

Apparently they went back and filmed a scene at Riverview for episode 2 a few days ago. Maybe they are filming important scenes out of sequence to try and keep things under wraps.

Yea it's supposedly out side scenes.

So maybe it's more filming at Sveta's house?

Ah. Interesting.

Where did you hear that it is outside scenes?

I don't think it would be at Sveta's unless she's included in the MOTW episode.

On Tumblr.

Maybe they had to go and shoot some more scenes for the previous episode? They do shoot things out of order sometimes.

Hoping it's the Unremarkable House though.

M.F. Luder, I think they only use that house for the exterior shots.  

Things have gotten even weirder, guys. Someone saw GA filming and apparently her hair is now VERY red. Red as in season five red. Same style and length, however, which makes me think it's not for flashbacks.  

Things have gotten even weirder, guys. Someone saw GA filming and apparently her hair is now VERY red. Red as in season five red. Same style and length, however, which makes me think it's not for flashbacks.

I read somewhere that the crew was trying to get a redder wig for GA or at least a better one. It seems a bit odd they'd do it in the middle of filming but perhaps the blonder wig was used to mark a different time in the story. Or it could be for flashbacks and hoping audience doesn't remember her hair length.

Either that or Scully has a clone.

I remember reading about that in EW that they were working on it.

I read somewhere that the crew was trying to get a redder wig for GA or at least a better one. It seems a bit odd they'd do it in the middle of filming but perhaps the blonder wig was used to mark a different time in the story. Or it could be for flashbacks and hoping audience doesn't remember her hair length.

Either that or Scully has a clone.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Unless it was an undercover thing.

Lmao XD.

I wonder if it's new footage or something from the old series that has never aired? I'll wait til it hits Twitter.

That's what I'm wondering as well. If it is old footage, their social media team needs a lesson on how to properly hype people up without the ensuing disappointment. I'm thinking that it's probably another teaser with another couple seconds of new footage. 

• Love 1

That's what I'm wondering as well. If it is old footage, their social media team needs a lesson on how to properly hype people up without the ensuing disappointment. I'm thinking that it's probably another teaser with another couple seconds of new footage. 

Word.

Hoping it's a teaser tbh. If not, plz let it be one of the alternate kiss takes from Millenium! That would be cool.

Here it is guys!

Source: youtube.com, via Fox

(edited)

So exciting :D

I think it's Mulder who steps on the poster, and I think it's a scene from the first episode. I hope it was by accident and he's not so disenchanted with everything that he would step on his beloved poster! (I know the poster is supposed to be in his house now, but this one looks new.)

His outfit in My Weakness 

Mysterious leg

Images aren't mine.

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1

So exciting :D

I think it's Mulder who steps on the poster, and I think it's a scene from the first episode. I hope it was on accident and he's not so disenchanted with everything that he would step on his beloved poster! (I know the poster is supposed to be in his house now, but this one looks new.)

His outfit in My Weakness 

Mysterious leg

Images aren't mine.

Maybe it's a dream sequence? Someone over on Haven mentioned that as a theory.

(edited)

The spoilers generally make me think "Meh" or even "I knew this was going to suck," and then every time FOX puts something out with short clips, the theme music, and the old logo, I get all excited.

I can't quit you, XF!

I see the lighting budget is still $5 per episode.

The leg/foot look a bit smaller than Mulder's, but even if it is Mulder, it would likely be someone other than DD being filmed for that shot, so that doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maybe it's a dream sequence? Someone over on Haven mentioned that as a theory.

That's possible. It does look like the scene with the military is a flashback to Roswell or something similar.

The leg/foot look a bit smaller than Mulder's, but even if it is Mulder, it would likely be someone other than DD being filmed for that shot, so that doesn't mean anything.

Yep. It could also look compressed in that shot due to the camera lens.

I thought Scully would be the one reluctant to return to the X-Files, but maybe it's actually Mulder...

Any theories on what the big mythology "twist" is? I guess it could be that there's not actually an alien invasion, but that seems a bit too obvious.

Oh, and someone on Haven has posted a better photo of Mulder's shoes. I'm not so sure it is him after all.

Some other thoughts: The alien blood is supposed to be green, but that scene with the vial (which has dark red liquid) matches the call sheet: Clean shaven doctor inoculating abductees with alien blood. So those figures being dragged could be a new species of alien, maybe? Or alien-human hybrids. And it might coincide with dead alien full of bullet holes.

Edited by Hidebehind
(edited)

I thought Scully would be the one reluctant to return to the X-Files, but maybe it's actually Mulder...

Any theories on what the big mythology "twist" is? I guess it could be that there's not actually an alien invasion, but that seems a bit too obvious.

Oh, and someone on Haven has posted a better photo of Mulder's shoes. I'm not so sure it is him after all.

Mulder being the reluctant one would be an interesting take and show some character development on both sides. If colonization never happened, it could be like Amor Fati when dream-Mulder was convinced that there were never any aliens until Scully came back and told him to get up and fight. I always liked that Mulder saw Scully this way and I wish Scully had more opportunities to be the instigator in their investigations throughout the series.

I don't remember enough about the post-season 7 mythology to even know what a twist might be. I think you're right that there was probably no alien invasion, or at least it will seem like there wasn't. Maybe they were expecting an Independence Day type invasion, but instead got Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It would be interesting if they address the fact that Scully has a chip in her neck and it can semi control her actions and memories. 

That picture of Mulder's shoes could be the same as the one stepping on the poster, he's just added laces. I don't think it is a dream sequence, unless Mulder happens to be dreaming of himself wearing the same outfit (but maybe I'm being too nitpicky). (Edited to say that I just took a better look at both shoes, and now I don't think they're the same). It would make sense to me for it to be Mulder since they're supposed to be in DC and if Skinner calls Mulder into the case (like the spoilers suggested) then it wouldn't be far fetched for him to go check out his old office. Maybe some Leyla Harrison type character put up the poster in honor of Mulder and Scully. Or, were Reyes and Doggett still working there at the end of the series? If they were, maybe they had it up in their office.

Edited by M.F. Luder
  • Love 1
(edited)

This isn't related, but I've been looking through transcripts of X-Files episodes and most of them have about 16-25 scenes per episode. We know from the leaked call sheet that there's at least 39 scenes in My Weakness (the 39th scene is Mulder in a hospital parking garage, waiting for Scully to leave work). The episodes will still run 45 minutes each, right?

Edited by Hidebehind

The episodes will still run 45 minutes each, right?

That's what Chris said. I would love it if they allowed the first one to run long since it will be right after the big football game and Fox probably doesn't have any other new programming planned for that day. But that's probably a prime advertising slot, so they won't give up the ad revenue to do that.

That's possible. It does look like the scene with the military is a flashback to Roswell or something similar.

Yep. It could also look compressed in that shot due to the camera lens.

Some other thoughts: The alien blood is supposed to be green, but that scene with the vial (which has dark red liquid) matches the call sheet: Clean shaven doctor inoculating abductees with alien blood. So those figures being dragged could be a new species of alien, maybe? Or alien-human hybrids. And it might coincide with dead alien full of bullet holes.

Yea that would be interesting.

It looks like black oil to me tbh. Maybe black oil is an older form of alien blood?

And here's something random from E! news... Their comments about the new XF footage!

It's too damn cute :p! They're such fan boys/girls there.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm thinking the aircraft crash, police military is flashbacks. If you look at the uniforms, they look 1950-ish. I also think we'll see CSM in flashbacks.

I think the foot stepping on the poster is female-looks like tight pants to me. Perhaps that young woman finds the abandoned house or something. That poster looks awful new- Mulder must have 100s of those as backup.

Scully hair looks blond here so I don't know what the redder wig is for. Maybe flashbacks to IWTB?

And I guarantee that any love scene will be half-light so not much is seen.:)

I'm not expecting much but I squeed when I saw the teaser. Hopefully, there will be one with Skinner soon. Interested if he has the beard.

Edited by Tardislass

I'm thinking the aircraft crash, police military is flashbacks. If you look at the uniforms, they look 1950-ish. I also think we'll see CSM in flashbacks.

I think the foot stepping on the poster is female-looks like tight pants to me. Perhaps that young woman finds the abandoned house or something. That poster looks awful new- Mulder must have 100s of those as backup.

Scully hair looks blond here so I don't know what the redder wig is for. Maybe flashbacks to IWTB?

And I guarantee that any love scene will be half-light so not much is seen.:)

I'm not expecting much but I squeed when I saw the teaser. Hopefully, there will be one with Skinner soon. Interested if he has the beard.

Ah good point!

Maybe or finds the old office.

Maybe, but I think that they just fixed it up so it won't be so light. That's the feeling I got from the EW interview. Nothing more tbh.

Yep. And I'm betting the best we'll get will be some intense making out, if that.

I did too, a little bit. Yea that'll be pretty cool.

And just came across this interesting break down of the teaser: Here it is

Source: davidtharwood.com

He brings up some good points in it.

If scene 39 is one of the last scenes in the episode, it sounds like Mulder and Scully are about to go home together. That would make sense if the audience is supposed to think they're separated for most of the episode. 

Since Smoking Man's birthdate was never officially established, he could be that man in a black suit at the Roswell crash.

• Love 1

If scene 39 is one of the last scenes in the episode, it sounds like Mulder and Scully are about to go home together. That would make sense if the audience is supposed to think they're separated for most of the episode. 

Since Smoking Man's birthdate was never officially established, he could be that man in a black suit at the Roswell crash.

What's that scene about?

Could be.

Wasn't there a scene where he and Bill Mulder are in the army in the late 1950s or early 1960s?

But then dates have never been consistent in this show.

• Love 1