Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

Heh... to be honest, if I got to work on The X-Files, I would probably be a ball of positive energy too. I wish I lived closer to Canada.

This reminds me of this funny pic I saw on tumblr about Joel McHale (who is a huge XF fan himself)

Caption: 

Being Joel McHale is pretty hard tho

You get the job on txf and your geek side is freaking out and then you discover you’re going to be Scully’s boyfriend like

tumblr_inline_nqqgkfxhuP1qb3xg1_540.jpg

• Love 2

Not even gonna lie, I would be alright with playing Scully's boyfriend too :)

Joel McHale seems like a cool guy, which makes the whole Tad thing even worse. I don't want to hate you, Tad... but you're making it difficult.

• Love 2

Fuck. Guys, this just went from bad to worse.

From Haven:

So... I finally read the Entertainment Weekly article today. Guys, they're not living together because Mulder went off the deep end and got put in a psych hospital.

I'm totally serious.

Take what they say about moving into one messy room, and then this quote:

They don't let your wife or girlfriend stay with you in a psych hospital, even if she is your soulmate. But on the bright side, none of Mulder's commitments have lasted very long.

This sounds like it might explain why she moved on to Tad. She got lonely. She's human. But then she realized that it wasn't going to work and she broke it off with him.

*ugh* I really, truly hope that this is just a bs spoiler. Because it sounds like some character assassination to me. Regardless of what Mulder's like, this imo is going too far.

I'm really depressed now  :(.

Ok I'm chill now. So I'm guessing Scully comes over to help keep the place clean then?

What? Wouldn't be people be freaking out on tumblr if that was in the magazine? 

Of course, wasn't it Glen Morgan who wanted to do a "Mulder goes to the psych ward" plot back in season 4? I swear I read that once.

• Love 1

Of course, wasn't it Glen Morgan who wanted to do a "Mulder goes to the psych ward" plot back in season 4? I swear I read that once.

Yea. You'd figure. I don't buy it either tbh. Especially since you just mentioned that. Just another bit of bull. But if it is true... seriously. I'd be beyond disappointed.

I think the whole Tad debacle has them distracted from it. But aside from me being a bit ticked off and crying a bit, I still don't think it's for real.

• Love 1

Morgan & Wong's plan for season 4 was to start driving a wedge in the Mulder/Scully partnership and have the season end with Scully committing Mulder to a psych ward.

Here's a quote:

“My understanding at the beginning of the year was that we were going to drive to a point where Mulder and Scully didn’t trust each other,” Morgan said. His own scenario for plotting out the season was somewhat different from what Carter and the other writers came up with this year, but the fundamental issue was the same: trust. “I would have slowly split Mulder and Scully up over the course of the season, then in the last episode have Scully put Mulder away for his own good, which he would perceive as the ultimate betrayal,” Morgan said. “And then the next season, they would have had an entire year’s healing to go through.”

• Love 1

Morgan & Wong's plan for season 4 was to start driving a wedge in the Mulder/Scully partnership and have the season end with Scully committing Mulder to a psych ward.

Here's a quote:

Damn. That's crazy. I hope that isn't what's happening. I'd be pissed off. We have a right to NOT like those two at all. Guess leopards don't change their spots. I really hope that this is just plant info. 

Yeah, I think there's just a troll on Haven. You know how riled up the tumblr crowd gets.

If the alien invasion never happened, I could see Mulder spiraling into a very bad place---but I don't think they have enough screen time to use that plot. Scully looks the same in episode 1 and 2, so I'm guessing not much time has passed. Mulder is obviously psychologically sound enough to be at the FBI again as well

• Love 2

Yeah, I think there's just a troll on Haven. You know how riled up the tumblr crowd gets.

If the alien invasion never happened, I could see Mulder spiraling into a very bad place---but I don't think they have enough screen time to use that plot. Scully looks the same in episode 1 and 2, so I'm guessing not much time has passed. Mulder is obviously psychologically sound enough to be at the FBI again as well

Yea probably. But I did see the full article there. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: via Perplexistan. At least most of it.

And as for Haven trolls... there are worse ones.

Neither do I. 

If the alien invasion never happened, I could see Mulder spiraling into a very bad place---but I don't think they have enough screen time to use that plot.

Exactly.  Something like Morgan & Wong's idea, where you take a season to set up the downward spiral and a season to explore the aftermath, can work.  With this revival, they just don't have time to properly do some of the things being speculated about.

I've come up with a theory. The source for all of these Scully dating Tad spoilers has claimed they read it in the script. Someone at Haven pointed out that Scully was dating Ethan in the script for the pilot. The screens could be cut from the final product and be put on the gag reel or on the dvd extra as "deleted scenes". It could all be a way to make a joke like "omg, could you imagine?!!" 

Yeah, that's just wishful thinking.

Exactly.  Something like Morgan & Wong's idea, where you take a season to set up the downward spiral and a season to explore the aftermath, can work.  With this revival, they just don't have time to properly do some of the things being speculated about.

How would it work? 

I've come up with a theory. The source for all of these Scully dating Tad spoilers has claimed they read it in the script. Someone at Haven pointed out that Scully was dating Ethan in the script for the pilot. The screens could be cut from the final product and be put on the gag reel or on the dvd extra as "deleted scenes". It could all be a way to make a joke like "omg, could you imagine?!!" 

Yeah, that's just wishful thinking.

Maybe.

Yea. 

I really hope that this doesn't turn out to be bad.

On a lighter note: Saw this on Tumblr, via Emma Caulfield's Twitter account (she played Anya on Buffy). It's just priceless XD. Bless her.

Source: gillovny4ever.tumblr.com

If FOX does a teaser next week, maybe they'll be kind enough to add in a clip that alleviates everyone's fears. Tad being eaten? (I'm just kidding).

I hope so. I really hope so. The #XFilesRevival fans could use it. They're more keyed up than the #XFiles2015 ones. It's kind of scary.

I think I know where the insanity thing comes from... perplexistan mentioned that it is a part of the side bar of the article.

• Love 1

Are any of you interested in starting up the re-watch again? It seems like it fell apart a few months ago. Maybe it'll brighten the mood a bit.

I'd love to, but I'm rather busy with rl at the time?

Can we do a theme rewatch?

As for the sanity mention it's in the part of the article labeled: Trunk (which is about the trunk in his room)

Sure! Is there a particular theme you want to do?   

I just looked that section... "the tattered furniture here represents Mulder's tattered life." I hope he's being dramatic. lol

• Love 1

I think the psych ward thing is speculation but it did make me read that sidebar with a different perspective. CC is really driving home the "Mulder is CRAZY" business to the point where it seems like if the break-up is real, this must be why.

Speculation: what if Mulder does what he has done so many times during the series -- runs off to chase a lead? He totally could have thought he was protecting Scully, but she is fed up with worrying about him and moves out. He comes home to see she has left and she is holding strong. 

I still am just hoping the break-up is short term, like a year or less, and the Tad thing was maybe just a dinner or two that Scully was not at all invested in. The only way I can wrap my head around it is if it is if we look at it all like a codependent relationship. Scully sees Mulder as harming himself and harming her and she is recognizing that her continual support is not making things better and maybe only leaving will do that.

I still did not necessarily want this to be the conflict here ... but I think there are ways to execute that are true to character. 

Sure! Is there a particular theme you want to do?   

I just looked that section... "the tattered furniture here represents Mulder's tattered life." I hope he's being dramatic. lol

Humor? Considering the circumstances XD.

I hope so too lol.

Honestly though, the whole Tad thing just doesn't fit. I think that's part of the misdirection. Something smells off.

I think the psych ward thing is speculation but it did make me read that sidebar with a different perspective. CC is really driving home the "Mulder is CRAZY" business to the point where it seems like if the break-up is real, this must be why.

Speculation: what if Mulder does what he has done so many times during the series -- runs off to chase a lead? He totally could have thought he was protecting Scully, but she is fed up with worrying about him and moves out. He comes home to see she has left and she is holding strong. 

I still am just hoping the break-up is short term, like a year or less, and the Tad thing was maybe just a dinner or two that Scully was not at all invested in. The only way I can wrap my head around it is if it is if we look at it all like a codependent relationship. Scully sees Mulder as harming himself and harming her and she is recognizing that her continual support is not making things better and maybe only leaving will do that.

I still did not necessarily want this to be the conflict here ... but I think there are ways to execute that are true to character. 

Fair point. But I don't see that being the case entirely. Something still seems a bit off. The vacuum he mentioned. I know it's just a small thing, but that makes me think she still comes around to help.

I hope so too, if it turns out to be true.

How?

• Love 1

Something still seems a bit off. The vacuum he mentioned. I know it's just a small thing, but that makes me think she still comes around to help.

I'm hoping that the vacuum means that Mulder's about to prepare for Scully to come home, so he's starting to clean up. 

I think we can assume that it's true that they're not living together and Mulder's in a dark place. Maybe, Scully has had to live separately for some reason (work, taking care of mom, etc) and Mulder is not doing well with the separation, but she's coming back home soon. Of course, you have to forget all the spoilers about Tad in order to make that work.

I'm hoping that the vacuum means that Mulder's about to prepare for Scully to come home, so he's starting to clean up. 

I think we can assume that it's true that they're not living together and Mulder's in a dark place. Maybe, Scully has had to live separately for some reason (work, taking care of mom, etc) and Mulder is not doing well with the separation, but she's coming back home soon. Of course, you have to forget all the spoilers about Tad in order to make that work.

Maybe.

Good point.

That's easier said than done :P. I've flushed the Tad toilet.

(edited)

I have one good reason to doubt the Tad spoilers: the storyline is already so convoluted that it's hard for me to imagine CC adding even more things that need to be explained. If everything we've heard is true, here's what the first episode would have to contain:

1) All the alien abduction stuff

2) An explanation for Mulder's mental health 

3) An explanation for Scully and Tad (at this point I'm not sure if Tad is a villain or not, or if he even plays a significant role in the story)

4) Probably something about CSM, or at least a scene involving whoever the new bad guys are

5)  Scully and Mulder going to the abducted girl's house (I can't remember how to spell her name)

6) Scully meeting Tad, possibly going on a date, then ditching him

7) Probably some scenes of Mulder/Scully in their house(s) to shed light on their living situation (and to show that Mulder is crazy)

8) Something about alien technology (I'm using the synopsis here)

They would have to skim through a lot of material in order to fit all of that into 45 minutes. GA described the first episode as "slow, intense and functional."

(Now watch as all the spoilers end up being true and I eat my words in January :)).

EDIT: Though I guess GA's description could fit such an episode. Did I just ruin my own theory? yikes.

Edited by Hidebehind

I have one good reason to doubt the Tad spoilers: the storyline is already so convoluted that it's hard for me to imagine CC adding even more things that need to be explained. If everything we've heard is true, here's what the first episode would have to contain:

1) All the alien abduction stuff

2) An explanation for Mulder's mental health 

3) An explanation for Scully and Tad (at this point I'm not sure if Tad is a villain or not, or if he even plays a significant role in the story)

4) Probably something about CSM, or at least a scene involving whoever the new bad guys are

5)  Scully and Mulder going to the abducted girl's house (I can't remember how to spell her name)

6) Scully meeting Tad, possibly going on a date, then ditching him

7) Probably some scenes of Mulder/Scully in their house(s) to shed light on their living situation (and to show that Mulder is crazy)

8) Something about alien technology (I'm using the synopsis here)

They would have to skim through a lot of material in order to fit all of that into 45 minutes. GA described the first episode as "slow, intense and functional."

(Now watch as all the spoilers end up being true and I eat my words in January :)).

EDIT: Though I guess GA's description could fit such an episode. Did I just ruin my own theory? yikes.

Fuck.

*runs out of thread screaming*

Not the kind of episode a lot of people would want to see. :X

And not digging the possible crazy!Mulder thing :(. At all.

I'm hoping that these spoilers turn out to be wrong.

And if there's a time jump... and to bring in a bit of positivity...

Guess Mulder got some >:). Going by the nice suit and the clean up ;).

haha, I meant for my post to be positive, but I guess I psyched myself out halfway through. Maybe this will help...

They've grown up. They've matured, their sensibilities have matured, their relationship has matured and evolved.

• Love 1

haha, I meant for my post to be positive, but I guess I psyched myself out halfway through. Maybe this will help...

Lmao XD. Me too. Hopefully. That's why I think some of the EW interview is not entirely truthful. That interview (the Winnepeg Free Press one) took place before filming, before they had anything to lose. So I think there was no real reason for him to lie there. Or even lie by omission.

FOX is being a tease again.

I'm feeling really optimistic today guys---I've been looking through the IWTB speculation thread again and there were lots of false spoilers. Some of which originated from Haven.

FOX is being a tease again.

I'm feeling really optimistic today guys---I've been looking through the IWTB speculation thread again and there were lots of false spoilers. Some of which originated from Haven.

Ah nice.

Got a link?

Silly Fox :P.

Yep. Thanks. I love it! I remember the IWTB thread. Got a boards on boards warning for talking about the kiss scene in IWTB. Someone on another forum thought that D & G kissed like brother and sister and some other members and I were wondering how that even could be lol. It was pretty harmless.

Thanks for sharing! It's interesting. Looks like that one leaker was fed some misinformation as well. Bet the trend is continuing.

• Love 1

Hi guys! 

I haven't checked in here for a while, but I rounded up all the spoilers leaked to danax6 by her confidential source (she's been releasing them slowly on Haven and it's hard to find them all) in one place, plus one more new one about Ma Scully. 

You can read them all on my post here (I'm perplexistan on tumblr, btw). 

From your post:

I think it’s important to note that when this information comes out (from the same source) in a slow trickle, it’s easy for people to add their own layers of interpretation to it. It’s like a game of telephone; the spoilers themselves get blown up and reinterpreted and confused. So I’m only listing here what the leaker has said (via danax6), in one place, as unadulterated as possible.

Thank you!!

Off to read ...

(edited)

Thanks ism. Scully's mom having a heart attack? Really, CC? sigh...

Okay, I did read one reassuring thing yesterday: Apparently Joe Harris, who writes the X-Files comics, wanted William to be a psycho hellbent on getting revenge on Scully. CC begged him not to do this because of "how important Dana Scully's child was to fans."

In that night scene,  perhaps Scully is being interviewed by Tad O'Malley about her abduction experiences while Mulder interviews Sveta. Sveta reveals something important, which prompts Mulder to call Scully over. Tad is actually a really nice guy and becomes buddies with Mulder. Yep, denial is a wonderful drug... o:)

Also, here's something that I thought was interesting. 

THEY ARRIVE BY limo, traveling a bumpy road winding through wild territory. They exit the car looking unmistakably themselves, and not. He’s missing his suit. She’s missing some red in her hair. They are older, of course, but time has only distinguished them, not diminished them. They’ve arrived at the home of a woman living on the fringes of society to investigate exactly the type of mystery that made them icons of an earlier era.

The premiere, set in the present, finds Mulder and Scully working the bizarre-adventures beat once again, this time at the behest of a politically conservative talk-show host played by Community’s Joel McHale. Apparently, his devoted audience includes a woman named Sveta (Annet Mahendru of The Americans) who lives in the sticks and holds to the belief that she is routinely snatched and probed by aliens. In the second coming of The X-Files, the truth is still out there.

The only oppressive extraterrestrial force evident today is an unseasonably hot sun beating down on the set, which is a derelict cottage on an abandoned farm outside Vancouver. As the action moves inside the house, the stars struggle to stifle heat-induced yawns as they work through a scene that’s particularly challenging for Anderson. Sveta’s story echoes much of Scully’s own history—abduction, embryo harvesting, assorted alien-related body horror—and Anderson has to suggest as much with active listening and meaningful glances toward Duchovny. “I hate to ask this because I really don’t want to, but can I do one more?” asks Anderson, baking in a dark skirt suit and a wig glued tightly to her head. She cools herself with two handheld electric fans, then dives back into work.

Still, despite the swelter, the characters that made Duchovny and Anderson famous radiate easily from them. Mulder: always the believer, open to exotic possibilities. Scully: the scientist, wired for proof. At one point, McHale’s slickly suited cable anchor explains the concept of memory implants to Mulder and Scully. As if they need it. “Thank you,” says Duchovny, nailing Mulder’s deadpan sarcasm. Scully, drolly clinical: “We’re familiar with the syndrome.”

I'm just blindly speculating at this point, but the "feeling" (yes, I sound likes Reyes) I get from this description of the scene is that Mulder and Scully are A Team, and Tad is the Newbie. And if Scully did date Tad in the past---and he's familiar with the alien conspiracy---wouldn't she tell him about her own experiences? He wouldn't think it necessary to explain the implants if he knew Scully very well.

Edited by Hidebehind

Hi guys! 

I haven't checked in here for a while, but I rounded up all the spoilers leaked to danax6 by her confidential source (she's been releasing them slowly on Haven and it's hard to find them all) in one place, plus one more new one about Ma Scully. 

You can read them all on my post here (I'm perplexistan on tumblr, btw). 

Hey, glad to see you around.

Thanks for doing so!

It makes it easier to keep up with it.

It's so depressing right now :(. Trying to process things. But some of it still makes little to no sense.

Thanks ism. Scully's mom having a heart attack? Really, CC? sigh...

Okay, I did read one reassuring thing yesterday: Apparently Joe Harris, who writes the X-Files comics, wanted William to be a psycho hellbent on getting revenge on Scully. CC begged him not to do this because of "how important Dana Scully's child was to fans."

In that night scene,  perhaps Scully is being interviewed by Tad O'Malley about her abduction experiences while Mulder interviews Sveta. Sveta reveals something important, which prompts Mulder to call Scully over. Tad is actually a really nice guy and becomes buddies with Mulder. Yep, denial is a wonderful drug... o:)

Also, here's something that I thought was interesting. 

I'm just blindly speculating at this point, but the "feeling" (yes, I sound likes Reyes) I get from this description of the scene is that Mulder and Scully are A Team, and Tad is the Newbie. And if Scully did date Tad in the past---and he's familiar with the alien conspiracy---wouldn't she tell him about her own experiences? He wouldn't think it necessary to explain the implants if he knew Scully very well.

Ooh good catch.

As for the William thing. Damn. Good for Chris on that one. I'll give him that much. Thanks for doing that.

Heh... I just had this thought...

"Mulder and Scully are not living together" could also be interpreted literally as "Mulder has moved into the living room and Scully lives in the rest of the house."  And is it not totally like CC to use wordplay in that manner? That's why he mentioned the vacuum cleaner!

"Mulder and Scully are not living together" could also be interpreted literally as "Mulder has moved into the living room and Scully lives in the rest of the house."  And is it not totally like CC to use wordplay in that manner? That's why he mentioned the vacuum cleaner!

It totally is like CC. And I wish, but if she really did date Tad, I think that negates it.

I do like the theory that the vacuum cleaner is a clue that Scully is getting ready to come back.

Maybe!

Good news! I found out that we can access the X Files board from TWOP!

Here we go

But we can't view it :(. Looks like they pretty much blew everything up. Damn it NBC!

It totally is like CC. And I wish, but if she really did date Tad, I think that negates it.

I do like the theory that the vacuum cleaner is a clue that Scully is getting ready to come back.

Yea. :( And that's one pita I'd like to GO away. Plz... like nao.

Definitely. Maybe they just needed some air. I'd figure they're married but separated temporarily. Some couples do that.

We still have no actual evidence that the Tad rumors are true, guys. Here's something from danax6, who has provided us with most of the spoilers: 

And secondly, I have not read the scripts myself. My source has not read them personally. Everything we know came from a third person, and that's why I mentioned about a gazillion threads ago that interpretation might play a part here. Some stuff is pretty straight forward, other stuff might play out differently when you actually watch it on screen.

We don't know how reliable that third person is.

• Love 1

We still have no actual evidence that the Tad rumors are true, guys. Here's something from danax6, who has provided us with most of the spoilers: 

We don't know how reliable that third person is.

Exactly. They could be feeding them fake info. And I wouldn't put that past CC and co., that's for sure. They have something big to hide imo. I'm pretty sure of it, given the pre filming interviews. 

I kind of find the timing of these leaks to be pretty suspicious. Right after some of us guessed that they might be married. Previously, XFN, Xfilesuniverse, IMDB, Twitter (heck someone asked Gillian if Mulder and Scully were married - so I wouldn't doubt that she might have mentioned that to CC and co., hence the misleads), Tumblr, etc.. And tonight I saw a comment on Facebook wondering if they will get married. I think that they're trying to draw us off the scent for some reason. It just seems all too convenient.

Along with the EW interview mention that their relationship may have evolved or devolved. Which is a slightly different context than what Chris said before. And that they're 'frustrated lovers'. That doesn't really give us all that much context. It's still very much in the air imo. Something smells rotten in Denmark.

Agreed. I also think it's convenient that (as far as I know) the champagne rumor surfaced AFTER we got photographic evidence of Scully and Tad in that limo.

Not to mention how provocative all of the spoilers from this source are. Whoever is sharing seems to know exactly what will push fans' buttons... 

• Love 1

Agreed. I also think it's convenient that (as far as I know) the champagne rumor surfaced AFTER we got photographic evidence of Scully and Tad in that limo.

Not to mention how provocative all of the spoilers from this source are. Whoever is sharing seems to know exactly what will push fans' buttons... 

Yep. Exactly. Good catch. IIRC, that picture came out around the same time as some of the other pictures from around the 2nd-3rd day of filming or so. The champagne one came out pretty recently, a bit later than the picture, but I still find it a bit too convenient. 

No doubt. They know exactly what would piss people off.

And that lady telling people to not believe 'EVERYTHING' you read, who works at FOX. Same with David mentioning that there's a little bit of truth in the EW article. Both via Twitter. That to me means there's some planted stuff out there. 

Lmao XD. This is just too much fun.

Found an interesting quote that Chris said recently... so anything that seems to be a rehash/reboot I'd take as bs as well.

Here it is:

“We’re not going to reboot any of the old favourites, although it was something we all thought about,” says Carter. “These are all brand new stories. We hope to scare you in brand new ways.”

Source: thehollywoodmag.com

• Love 1
(edited)

I really don't think we need to worry too much about Tad. I think CC's actually become a bit of a sap (I mean, just look at the end of IWTB, with that slow motion kiss and Home Again blasting away). I just don't see him going in this direction. 

However, whatever happens in the first episode, I don't think there will be much narrative exposition about Mulder and Scully. So if Scully did indeed date Tad, I suspect we'll never get the full story. Same with Mulder's "dark place." I bet that they will gloss over a lot and Sveta's story will take center stage. I don't think CC plans to address colonization.

Heh, well, just after I wrote that, I saw this: 

What was that first day on the set like?

Unfortunately I had about five pages of expositional dialogue, I hadn’t been asked to say that kind of crap in a long time. I mean, electrogravitic propulsion. That’s just the tidbit. There were five pages of that. So it was kind of great that first day, because it was like OK, this is how this guy speaks, this is the world we are in, let’s get in shape for it.

This is from an interview with DD. I still think there will be a lot of focus on Sveta.  

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1

I really don't think we need to worry too much about Tad. I think CC's actually become a bit of a sap (I mean, just look at the end of IWTB, with that slow motion kiss and Home Again blasting away). I just don't see him going in this direction. 

However, whatever happens in the first episode, I don't think there will be much narrative exposition about Mulder and Scully. So if Scully did indeed date Tad, I suspect we'll never get the full story. Same with Mulder's "dark place." I bet that they will gloss over a lot and Sveta's story will take center stage. I don't think CC plans to address colonization.

Heh, well, just after I wrote that, I saw this: 

This is from an interview with DD. I still think there will be a lot of focus on Sveta.  

Exactly. He's changed a lot from what he was like back in the day. But with these spoilers, I think it's one way to make the newer fans to kind of feel the way we did with some of the plots back in the day. I bet they're getting a good laugh from the reaction (at least to a point, some people are over reacting to it).

If this is going to be the (possible) last time we see M & S, I don't see them going the uber negative route. Yea there will be angst and some darkness, but I think that even they wouldn't be so cruel to go the route that these spoilers suggest up to a point.

Definitely. It'll be focusing on her, and maybe it's similar enough to what Scully went through and maybe it has something to do with William.

I saw that too. I think that maybe Mulder kind of went off the deep end after Colonization didn't happen like he thought it would.

Damn, that Maria Danger chick is such a troll lmao XD. Did you guys see some of her more recent tweets?

I'm being a massive hypocrite right now and I apologize, but someone pointed this out and now I can't unsee it: when Tad is introduced to Scully, he clasps her hand in both of his and even appears to stroke her arm for a moment. *Kill Bill siren starts playing*

Ha ha. Really funny.

He just shakes her hand and holds her arm for a second. Nothing unusual about it. It seems like any famous person doing that.

Just double checked:

Hand in Hand

Typically your greeter will offer a hand palm up and before shaking starts the second hand sandwiches yours. Sometimes given to show empathy as with the loss of a loved one

It is also given when wanting to demonstrate concern or to convey that you’re with a caring individual. It seems to be a favorite of politicians.

It conveys familiarity. Do not use it unless you are close to the individual you do it with, you want to leave a bad impression or you are a politician.

Sourcehttp://www.speechmastery.com/hand-shake.html

I think I just :X in my mouth a little.

So I guess she does know him. Eww.

I hope that it was for an undercover thing and nothing more.

Only other thing I could think of was the talk show host thing. Maybe that's how he greets guests? I kind of view those kinds of people like politicians in a way personality wise.

@Halcyondays: Just changed my avatar again >:).

LOL I actually looked up handshakes too. I'm in too deep!

He is described as "charismatic," so maybe you're right.  

So am I.

Maybe. That makes sense imo. She doesn't really react to him in any way, unlike Mulder. And I think that at least says something. That she cares and loves him.

• Love 1