Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

(edited)
Came across this via XFN on Twitter. It offers an interesting take on the situation. And NO Tad mention!  :D

That link takes me to the nice little  "Why Mulder and Scully Not Living Together is Actually a Good Thing ... For Now" piece you posted a few days ago -- is it supposed to go to something different?

How is the person posting these spoilers to Haven supposed to be getting their information -- seeing scripts/sides, hearing from someone on production, etc.?

Edited by Bastet

That link takes me to the nice little  "Why Mulder and Scully Not Living Together is Actually a Good Thing ... For Now" piece you posted a few days ago -- is it supposed to go to something different?

How is the person posting these spoilers to Haven supposed to be getting their information -- seeing scripts/sides, hearing from someone on production, etc.?

Damn. I forgot. It's the same... I didn't really like it then lol. Guess my pov changed. After all of these dear spoilers. lol Sorry about that.

Go there and check. It's from a source, that one of the mods knows. That's all I can really say.

(edited)

I've heard that the person sharing these tidbits has been around since 1999, is reliable, and reported spoilers from IWTB that turned out to be accurate. All of which terrifies me.

EDIT: It sounds like they were given access to part of the script from what I've seen, but I don't have a Haven account, so everything I know is secondhand info.

Edited by Hidebehind

I've heard that the person sharing these tidbits has been around since 1999, is reliable, and reported spoilers from IWTB that turned out to be accurate.

Thanks for the info; so this person isn't saying how they got these details they're posting, but has a history of posting accurate XF spoilers?  DAMN.

Thanks for the info; so this person isn't saying how they got these details they're posting, but has a history of posting accurate XF spoilers?  DAMN.

Yep, but I don't know how accurate they are now. After reading that article, I think the Tad thing might be a plant.

(edited)

Okay, here's everything:

The first part sounds like crap to me. The second episode is obviously Mulder-centric.

“I was contacted ‘off the record’ by someone who told me that Sheila Larken is part of the revival. As far as I know she will make an appearance in the second episode. I know we haven’t heard anything regarding her involvement so far, so it came as a surprise to me as well. I do believe the information is legit, though. If not, blame it on me.”

and

“Going by a brief scene description, William does get brought up. I have no idea in what context or capacity.” (this is wrt to a Scully/Margaret Scully scene)

and

“I already mentioned at the beginning of the thread that William does get brought up in their conversation, going by a brief scene description that I got. I think that’s at least good news. Also, I can confirm the time jump between the first two episodes. Now what this means for the status of the MSR, I have no idea, but they *are* investigating a MOTW in the second episode. Yes, they are broken up in at least the first episode. In fact, Scully seems to have some personal history with Mr. O'Malley it seems. Which to me indicates they have been separated for a while, too.”

and

“In the description it says O'Malley is looking to ‘rekindle’ things with Scully. She apparently dated him after she broke up with Mulder.” I feel like I need to clear up some misconceptions that I’ve come across throughout the day. Haven’t been able to yet because of a busy day at work.

"I feel like I need to clear up some misconceptions that I’ve come across throughout the day. Haven’t been able to yet because of a busy day at work.

First of all, nowhere is it specified that Scully broke up with Mulder. I realize I worded that wrong, I meant to say that they just broke up, period. No telling who instigated what, but my personal guess would be Scully given the Mulder!Recluse situation.

Also, her having had a relationship/thing/whatever with O'Malley is not revealed until the end of the episode. That might explain why they shake hands at the beginning. They want to keep it a ‘surprise’ I guess. (More like a hammer bashed into your skull). And even though O'Malley is looking to rekindle, Scully drops everything and ditches O'Malley to go see Mulder as soon as he calls. I feel like it’s important to include this somehow.

In the script they actually use the term ‘Mulder/Scully house’ even though only Mulder lives there, so the map might not have been a plant.

she added:

That is how the situation was outlined to me. The indication being that they dated after the split. However -and this is important- it is still someone’s interpretation of the information they have come across/acquired. It’s never airtight. Who knows how it might play out in the actual episode?"

Edited by Hidebehind

Don't buy the Tad thing. NEVER will. And if it's for real... wtf?! It goes counter to what Chris said. I think that M & S took a breather. But are still seeing each other.

If she'd went with Tad while going with Mulder... that would be... O_o.

Seriously, Chris?!

(edited)

I'm scared that FOX has talked him into adding a love triangle/two new FBI agents/forced sexual tension because they're trying to cater to a new audience.

Here's a thought: maybe 7.7.15 is the date that they admit this was all a hoax and start filming for real. :D

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1

I'm scared that FOX has talked him into adding a love triangle/two new FBI agents/forced sexual tension because they're trying to cater to a new audience.

Here's a thought: maybe 7.7.15 is the date that they admit this was all a hoax and start filming for real. :D

Yea... that wouldn't be good.

Lmao XD. I doubt it.

Someone on tumblr brought up the idea that Einstein and Miller are Mulder's dogs. This would be SO much better than FBI agents. 

Yes it would be. I like that idea. He deserves to have some good company :).

Maybe that's why Glen said Scully has a new "man." =D 

Maybe. Anything would be better than Tad :P. We all know Einstein would be better equipped ;).

Note: I don't hate her being with Tad, I'm just not thrilled with it.

And now... he's back at the FBI (from the looks of it).

Oh goody, a whopping one thing I like (and I'll only like it if Scully is, too) so far.  Okay, two things: I also like that, whatever the state of their relationship, they seem casual and comfortable with each other in those scenes from the first day of outdoor shooting.

Oh goody, a whopping one thing I like (and I'll only like it if Scully is, too) so far.  Okay, two things: I also like that, whatever the state of their relationship, they seem casual and comfortable with each other in those scenes from the first day of outdoor shooting.

That's nice. But I still don't buy it. Why would he (and/or they) for that matter go back there? It doesn't make that much sense.

Now that's one thing I like too. There's NO way that they could be legitly separated imo. They were very comfortable with each other. 

(edited)

I also like that, whatever the state of their relationship, they seem casual and comfortable with each other in those scenes from the first day of outdoor shooting.

Apparently there's a time jump between the first episode and second, with the second most likely taking place in the present (because there was some sign at the shooting that said January 2016). So, that scene we saw from the first episode could be how they meet Tad, then later they separate, Scully bangs Tad, and we end up in episode 2.

I'm mostly joking...but I still fear the possibility

Edited by M.F. Luder

Apparently there's a time jump between the first episode and second, with the second most likely taking place in the present (because there was some sign at the shooting that said January 2015). So, that seen we saw from the first episode could be how they meet Tad, then later they separate, Scully bangs Tad, and we end up in episode 2.

*runs out of thread SCREAMING*

Does ANYBODY have some brain bleach?!

My eyes, my eyes!! O_O

I hope that 1013 doesn't pull something so DAMN bone headed. I'd be ticked off beyond belief.

Wow, I have no words for how much I would hate that! Of all the things I worried might happen in the revival, I never once considered that they would have Scully date someone else, even if it's 10 minutes of one episode.  I really, REALLY, hope that doesn't happen.

Wow, I have no words for how much I would hate that! Of all the things I worried might happen in the revival, I never once considered that they would have Scully date someone else, even if it's 10 minutes of one episode.  I really, REALLY, hope that doesn't happen.

I know. 

If it was a break up and it happened before that's one thing... 

But honestly it feels wrong. Just like the Fowl One did back in the day :X.

Apparently there's a time jump between the first episode and second, with the second most likely taking place in the present (because there was some sign at the shooting that said January 2016). So, that scene we saw from the first episode could be how they meet Tad, then later they separate, Scully bangs Tad, and we end up in episode 2.

Don't forget the scene where Scully gets drunk with Tad in a limo (I'm sorry guys... I can't stop myself).

And my avatar came from that bunch by the way.

Oh crap - I just noticed you changed your avatar! Ha! Nice.

Man, DD and GA seem awfully cozy and touchy-feely, don't cha think???

• Love 1

Oh crap - I just noticed you changed your avatar! Ha! Nice.

Man, DD and GA seem awfully cozy and touchy-feely, don't cha think???

Thanks. This one seems the most genuine, aside from that shoot back in 2013, that I've ever seen them. I'm happy for them that they're friends :).

Yup. And that could translate well on screen.

I'm still concerned about the will they, won't they thing... I think Chris is trying it again!

From the Winnepeg Free Press interview:

CP: Such a big part of the show was the will they/won't they storyline and fans still haven't gotten a proper love scene. Mulder and Scully obviously had a child together, why was their relationship never explicitly consummated?

Carter: It was part of the mystery of "The X-Files." That relationship was kind of mysterious. Did they get together? Didn't they get together? If they've got a child together, when did they get together? These are questions that we will deal with and answer in good time.

CP: In these six episodes?

Carter: In a way.

Chris, you ass -_-.

It's OVER and done with. People hate it. Hell, you even said you did back in 2013.

From the Dread Central interview:

Dread Central: The relationship between Mulder and Scully has always been so complicated, even through the second movie. How hard was it balancing out their relationship and keeping true to what’s best for the characters versus what would make the fans happy most (seeing them happy together)?

Chris Carter: You know, we spent so much time and energy keeping them apart; I think that constantly fluctuating dynamic was something the fans really responded to. But then it felt dishonest after all those years that if they were going to still be together that they wouldn’t be together romantically. That’s why we ended up putting them together. And even though we’ve seen them together in bed on the big screen, we really haven’t seen that relationship explored or developed yet so I think there’s room to do that. I do think that we were rewarding expectation by putting Mulder and Scully together though; it would have been ridiculous to keep them apart.

I just don't get him sometimes.

• Love 1

Yup. And that could translate well on screen.

When did it not translate well on screen? :)

I'm comforting myself by staying in denial about the Tad situation. I just really don't see why anyone would think that was a good idea. They didn't even think it was a good idea for Scully to have a boyfriend in the pilot, and they made it ambiguous whether she slept with Jerse or not...for them to make those choices back when it would have been completely okay for her to have that personal life, only to decide now that Scully needs some non-Mulder action, it just doesn't seem likely. That, and that interaction that that one fan had with David (if true) gives me hope that these spoilers are not true.

Doubt remains, though, because the source seems to be pretty reliable. :( And there was an interview with Joel McHale not too long ago where he says his character contacts "Scully and Mulder". I'm reading way too much into it, but it seemed noteworthy that he put Scully's name first, like she's his primary contact (I only ever hear people say "Mulder and Scully" when referring to them as a unit). 

• Love 2

When did it not translate well on screen? :)

I'm comforting myself by staying in denial about the Tad situation. I just really don't see why anyone would think that was a good idea. They didn't even think it was a good idea for Scully to have a boyfriend in the pilot, and they made it ambiguous whether she slept with Jerse or not...for them to make those choices back when it would have been completely okay for her to have that personal life, only to decide now that Scully needs some non-Mulder action, it just doesn't seem likely. That, and that interaction that that one fan had with David (if true) gives me hope that these spoilers are not true.

Doubt remains, though, because the source seems to be pretty reliable. :( And there was an interview with Joel McHale not too long ago where he says his character contacts "Scully and Mulder". I'm reading way too much into it, but it seemed noteworthy that he put Scully's name first, like she's his primary contact (I only ever hear people say "Mulder and Scully" when referring to them as a unit). 

Yea XD.

Exactly.

But maybe they got lied to this round? I certainly hope so. But there are pics... so damn it. I'm rather numb over this.

Oh, those. They don't prove anything to me, other than Tad and Scully are alone in the limo at some point. Those came out before the spoilers about her history with him and them sharing champagne, so someone could have seen those photos then decide to come up with a scenario that fit them that would make people freak out.

Oh, those. They don't prove anything to me, other than Tad and Scully are alone in the limo at some point. Those came out before the spoilers about her history with him and them sharing champagne, so someone could have seen those photos then decide to come up with a scenario that fit them that would make people freak out.

Yea I know. But the fact that the leaker mentioned things related... made me a bit concerned. Hopefully... it's just what you said.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I say Scully and Mulder most of the time.

That thing DD said to the fan was comforting. I think he's very protective of Mulder and wouldn't agree to do this if he felt like they were messing up the characters.

• Love 1

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I say Scully and Mulder most of the time.

That thing DD said to the fan was comforting. I think he's very protective of Mulder and wouldn't agree to do this if he felt like they were messing up the characters.

Exactly. And the Access Hollywood interview where he said that he and him and Gillian would let Chris know if something seems wrong/off (para-phrasing here) seems pretty good. So I have some faith there.

And I think we need a music thread for songs that'll help us survive both the wait and the episodes themselves! :D 

... and the hits keep coming! They've supposedly been dating others. Both of them. I don't think Mulder was given Scully's reaction once she found out other wise, but it's still making it even worse for me to even think about watching this. So it's looking like a mutual split. WTF?! I had one foot out the door, but now it's looking like I'll be having both out and just running the HELL away from this mess.

Not leaks per say, but the mod's take on it via Haven.

These are my thoughts on the whole Scully/Tad nonsense.

First of all, the *script* indicates that Scully and Tadness dated after the split (I have rechecked this, it was *after* she and Mulder seperated). But I'm not sure if a specific timeline will be layed out, if it was 3 dates, or 3 months, or 3 years (gah). In other words, how serious it was.

In my opinion, not that serious. I'm going with a few dates, tops. I think he and Scully shared a few meals together, maybe talked a bit, (I don't want to think about any intimate stuff, so please don't make me go there) and Scully was all, okay, this was nice, but I'm actually not really that interested, thanks for the distraction though, thou rebound person.

And then by chance they run into each other again and he is like, hey, remember when we had nice meals together? You maybe wanna get a drink and talk things over? And Scully takes him up on it (could very well be just to hear him out about why he needs to speak to Mulder), and they ride off in his limo to some restaurant, he pours them a drink during the ride over and when they arrive they get out, she gets a call from Mulder, and she ditches Taddy.

Also, I liked the part where when she arrives at Mulder's house, Svetla -or whatever her name is- is there and Scully has a moment of jealousy, (probably thinking it's one of Mulder's chickadees), but then Mulder explains who she is and all's fine.

Source: danaX6, via Haven

Glen put out a new one via Twitter...and it's not looking good. Neither of them are living there. And now I'm confused O_o. Maybe Scully's mom does or William?

Or Tad. Burn him with fire!

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the info AntiBeeSpray.  This is pretty much how I'm feeling right now...

It could be the house of a victim of the Band-aid Nose man, right? 

"Looks like XF is shooting in some really fancy home. Yesterday they were shooting at Burnaby house according to YVRshoots. Guessing "Home Again" touches on homelessness and housing disparity with some body parts thrown in here and there. Research shows that the building Scully was coming out of (from the day of the shoot where GA had that body cam strapped on) had the shield of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development."

^ Interesting 

Edited by Hidebehind
(edited)

In theory, I don't have any problem with them dating other people while they were taking a mutual break, and I'm going to assume there was never anything serious for either of them.  I just have a hard time imagining anyone - other than some network suit, maybe - thinking these are storylines for XF ... especially a mere six episodes of XF.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

In theory, I don't have any problem with them dating other people while they were taking a mutual break, and I'm going to assume there was never anything serious for either of them.  I just have a hard time imagining anyone - other than some network suit, maybe - thinking these are storylines for XF ... especially a mere six episodes of XF.

Exactly what I was thinking. On any other show, these things would not bother me, but they never had those kind of storylines in XF and I don't see why they should start now. The more I hear, the more I don't believe the spoilers. I'm sure some are true, or at least true to some extent, but I just don't believe that any one would think all of this combined is a good thing. Maybe if they had 20 episodes to play out, but it's definitely not working with 6.

• Love 1

Exactly what I was thinking. On any other show, these things would not bother me, but they never had those kind of storylines in XF and I don't see why they should start now. The more I hear, the more I don't believe the spoilers. I'm sure some are true, or at least true to some extent, but I just don't believe that any one would think all of this combined is a good thing. Maybe if they had 20 episodes to play out, but it's definitely not working with 6.

Word. This makes no damn sense.

On a side note, supposedly it's Tad's place. :X

How do you know? I thought it was related to Mulder's case in Home Again. 

We don't. But it seems pretty fancy. Hence people thinking it might be. Hopefully it's not and it has to do with that case.

We don't. But it seems pretty fancy. Hence people thinking it might be. Hopefully it's not and it has to do with that case.

Ah, okay. Did you see the comments on Perplexistan's blog? It sounds like it is related to the case. I can only think of one reason to show the interior of Tad's house... *blegh*

Ah, okay. Did you see the comments on Perplexistan's blog? It sounds like it is related to the case. I can only think of one reason to show the interior of Tad's house... *blegh*

Yea I know. WTF?! O_o

*rinses both eyes and brain out with brain bleach*

I don't want to see that! NO.

I hope M & S get some (with each other).  I want to wash my brain out of ANY Tad. 

Hopefully it's just to talk. NOTHING more.

It doesn't make a difference to me tbh. It's great and all. But we all could use some positivity, instead of being hit in the gut more and more. This is not good.

Someone on Haven posted some tweets from a person working at Fox.

Profile summary

Maria Danger

Maria Danger

@MariaDanger9

The X-Files

Followed by The X-Files.

Maria Danger ‏@MariaDanger9 9m9 minutes ago

THese are tweets from somebody that works for fox (bones and x-files)....bottom was first, and seemed just fluff, but after some of us posted our frustrations the top one came out.....

interesting

Oh X-Files fans, calm down now. And don't believe EVERYTHING you read. Just wait & watch instead of relying on "spoilers"  #XFilesRevival

Details

Maria Danger ‏@MariaDanger9 24m24 minutes ago

Maria Danger ‏@MariaDanger9 5h5 hours ago

Oooooh guys ... @thexfilesfox is gonna be sooooooo good. Kinda makes me giddy how much y'all are gonna love it #XFilesRevival #xfiles2015

Details

Guess we might have been right on some things. There's some bs floating around.