Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I've been seeing reruns in the early mornings of this show. I may be in the minority, but I can't stand Trent. He seems to always be making sexual comments. Once in a while, fine, but it just seems he is a total horndog and it's gross. He also looks mean, like you wouldn't want to mess with him. 

• Love 1

Agree too about the constant sex talk, either by innuendo or directly while Amber giggles!  Gross and is not a picture I want.  

Alex is indeed spoiled!  I am noticing a lot of weight on him along with everybody else in the previews!!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

caught some re-runs on at lunch, the episode where Anna had bet Elizabeth she couldn't push herself up the ramp with no assistance. Trent clearly helped her, he was holding her chair so she wouldn't roll back, do I blame him, no. However, Elizabeth COULDN'T PUSH HERSELF UP THE RAMP WITH NO ASSISTANCE. I know Anna has had some issues, based on the show, & it makes me wonder if she feels like she's not treated the same as the others. I had a step parent, I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about Amber, maybe I'm wrong........

• Love 1

I COULD NOT AGREE more with MOST of the comments here, WHEN i seen ThE Horrendous KID THROW the baby BASS back into the water & to see his MOTHER encourage CRUEL behavior, i was appalled. WHAT kind of a MOTHER babies a near teenage son the way Amber does. Its a guarantee the other children feel resentment & HURT over the way ALEX is treated. Its ridiculous, THE kid is immature because the Mother has stunted him.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

caught some re-runs on at lunch, the episode where Anna had bet Elizabeth she couldn't push herself up the ramp with no assistance. Trent clearly helped her, he was holding her chair so she wouldn't roll back, do I blame him, no. However, Elizabeth COULDN'T PUSH HERSELF UP THE RAMP WITH NO ASSISTANCE. I know Anna has had some issues, based on the show, & it makes me wonder if she feels like she's not treated the same as the others. I had a step parent, I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about Amber, maybe I'm wrong........

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling either. From either of them actually. They are just very matter of fact. And in the previews, she is telling the kids they may lose their house -- who does that? That isn't something to tell little kids. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TRUSAG said:

I COULD NOT AGREE more with MOST of the comments here, WHEN i seen ThE Horrendous KID THROW the baby BASS back into the water & to see his MOTHER encourage CRUEL behavior, i was appalled. WHAT kind of a MOTHER babies a near teenage son the way Amber does. Its a guarantee the other children feel resentment & HURT over the way ALEX is treated. Its ridiculous, THE kid is immature because the Mother has stunted him.

He cries alot!!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling either. From either of them actually. They are just very matter of fact. And in the previews, she is telling the kids they may lose their house -- who does that? That isn't something to tell little kids. 

More TLC manufactured drama, selling themselves out for a paycheck.

• Love 1

What kind of a realtor is Amber that buys a house and doesn't have an inspection? They would have detected the mold. I call BS on that. Also, you don't just buy a house and immediately move in. Come on, people. It takes 45-60 days to close unless you pay cash. Maybe they did pay cash. Do they have that much TLC money already? 

I thought the girls were obnoxious in the hotel. Running up and down the halls and acting like fools in the fitness area. 

What happened to these people over the hiatus? They were so likeable, I hope fame hasn't gone to their heads. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What kind of a realtor is Amber that buys a house and doesn't have an inspection? They would have detected the mold. I call BS on that. Also, you don't just buy a house and immediately move in. Come on, people. It takes 45-60 days to close unless you pay cash. Maybe they did pay cash. Do they have that much TLC money already? 

I thought the girls were obnoxious in the hotel. Running up and down the halls and acting like fools in the fitness area. 

What happened to these people over the hiatus? They were so likeable, I hope fame hasn't gone to their heads. 

That was a lot of mold - black mold. Yikes. Poor Elizabeth, having her heart broken and then sharing it on camera. She seems like such a sweet, smart and creative girl. She is also very pretty. Hmmm, I wonder what Anna did this time to get herself if so much trouble? I still like this family :-) 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, thebigboot said:

More TLC manufactured drama, selling themselves out for a paycheck.

The last two "seasons" they had the preview over and over of the father's truck on fire (making us think something really bad happened) and then then preview of Alex serious health news. TLC is editting the previews for drama. My thought is that the Johnstons don't have the same producer power as some of the other families. 

When I saw the preview about buying a new house and losing it all, it made me not want to watch. I remember they had a modes track home in the first season. Then they bought their dream fixer upper. I felt kind of bad for the older kids about how long the remodel took. Trent said it was their forever home, and I thought the older kids will be close to college when it is done but I respected  paid off, do it yourself project. Moving to a big new house turns me off. 

• Love 1

Trent and Amber/sex talk, to much information. If I want to hear about sex I would watch old reruns of the Duggars. What is TLC/Discovery's fascination with the sex life of others? It gets old fast. Now  on to the show. I feel so bad for Elizabeth and her broken heart. There is someone out there who will appreciate her and love her for who she is. Hang in there Liz. Now on to Anna. I can't figure her out but she always looks very angry. I think she will be Trent and Ambers wild child. She has issues for sure. My cousin adopted her kids from Russia when they were 8 and 5 and she has problems with the girl. I just hope that she turns out for the best. Now for Alex. I am sorry but this kid would get on any ones last nerve. His whining is disgusting. He is another one who has an attitude problem. He needs a few good smacks on the ass.  Jonah always seems to be off doing his own thing. Emma is a little doll, very quiet and dainty.  One person who I really like is Trents Mom. She is pretty cool from what I have seen of her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Honestly - most teenagers act like that, especially if they're cooped up in a hotel room for many days (and having to show off for the crew).

I remember getting in trouble when I was that age and staying in hotels with friends - we would hang out in the hallways and the employees of the hotel were ON IT.

I wonder why they're making Liz go over her breakup - from the scenes they showed of her ex, it looks like he was with them in the new house?? There was a scene with a fireplace that looked identical to the room they were eating pizza in.  So I'm curious as to why they're making that the storyline so soon. Poor kid... but unfortunately that happens to most of us in high school... we think the world is ending. 

I can't believe they found a nasty towel behind that bookcase!!! I hope they went after the sellers on that one, for saying that they did get it fixed and then obviously didn't.  Not realizing it was still leaking and sticking a towel down there are completely different things. 

• Love 2

Alex overthinks EVERYTHING!  I am amazed sometimes with his analysis of why he shouldn’t go on a ride at the park.  I doubt they deny him very much and Amber does coddle him beyond the norm for a boy his age!  I can’t get over the weight gain on him as well as others in the family but especially Alex.  The opening segments of the original show highlight just how much he has gained.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Alex overthinks EVERYTHING!  I am amazed sometimes with his analysis of why he shouldn’t go on a ride at the park.  I doubt they deny him very much and Amber does coddle him beyond the norm for a boy his age!  I can’t get over the weight gain on him as well as others in the family but especially Alex.  The opening segments of the original show highlight just how much he has gained.  

Yes; Amber and Trent need to get a handle on Alex's weight/food issues while he is young, respectfully and sensitvely, as to not single him out. Any excess weight will only hurt him and exacerbate bullying and muscle, ligament, joint, and other common LP issues (e.g. Amber's spinal stenosis). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Honestly - most teenagers act like that, especially if they're cooped up in a hotel room for many days (and having to show off for the crew).

I remember getting in trouble when I was that age and staying in hotels with friends - we would hang out in the hallways and the employees of the hotel were ON IT.

I wonder why they're making Liz go over her breakup - from the scenes they showed of her ex, it looks like he was with them in the new house?? There was a scene with a fireplace that looked identical to the room they were eating pizza in.  So I'm curious as to why they're making that the storyline so soon. Poor kid... but unfortunately that happens to most of us in high school... we think the world is ending. 

I can't believe they found a nasty towel behind that bookcase!!! I hope they went after the sellers on that one, for saying that they did get it fixed and then obviously didn't.  Not realizing it was still leaking and sticking a towel down there are completely different things. 

You’re assuming that’s not TLC bs, they’re notorious for this kind of thing.

Who owned this house?  They left a room trashed, while the house was for sale for months? They left loads of lint in the dryer.  There are cats in the attic.  Gee, maybe those  are reasons it didn’t sell.  Let alone the mold.  

That’s a big house.  I hope they aren’t depending on TLC money to make the payments. 

In the ‘on this season’ at the top of the episode, it was revealed that Anna (and only Anna) was in a new school as a junior.   I would guess that she  got placed in an alternative school. She said she switched to be around better people. So either she was bullied or she was associating with a bad crowd. 

Poor Elizabeth.  The first break-up is rough. I remember thinking  ‘ if I can just get him to realize x, y, z he will come back’.  It takes a long time and a few break ups to realize that if someone leaves, then just let them ‘the hell’ go.  Two years of unofficial and 4 months of official dating is a long time in high school. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Who owned this house?  They left a room trashed, while the house was for sale for months? They left loads of lint in the dryer.  There are cats in the attic.  Gee, maybe those  are reasons it didn’t sell.  Let alone the mold.  

That’s a big house.  I hope they aren’t depending on TLC money to make the payments. 

In the ‘on this season’ at the top of the episode, it was revealed that Anna (and only Anna) was in a new school as a junior.   I would guess that she  got placed in an alternative school. She said she switched to be around better people. So either she was bullied or she was associating with a bad crowd. 

Poor Elizabeth.  The first break-up is rough. I remember thinking  ‘ if I can just get him to realize x, y, z he will come back’.  It takes a long time and a few break ups to realize that if someone leaves, then just let them ‘the hell’ go.  Two years of unofficial and 4 months of official dating is a long time in high school. 

I'm wondering if it was a short-sale or foreclosure.  The sellers may have known that they were behind on their mortgage and tried to sell it (when Amber was showing it), but when they couldn't sell it, it went into foreclosure.  The water damage and mold could have happened while it was bank-owned and when you buy them foreclosed, they're usually "as is" sales.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I'm wondering if it was a short-sale or foreclosure.  The sellers may have known that they were behind on their mortgage and tried to sell it (when Amber was showing it), but when they couldn't sell it, it went into foreclosure.  The water damage and mold could have happened while it was bank-owned and when you buy them foreclosed, they're usually "as is" sales.

I'm thinking that may be more the case.  Except I think it might have been a little more trashed if it was a true foreclosure because people tend to take whatever they can to sell off - did the kitchen have all the appliances?  That would be a big indication.

However no one sells a house with a pool with a pool looking that nasty... so I think it definitely wasn't a regular sale. 

I am SUPER jealous of Liz's art space in the garage. I'm 35 and a dedicated art space is high on my list for my next house. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I'm thinking that may be more the case.  Except I think it might have been a little more trashed if it was a true foreclosure because people tend to take whatever they can to sell off - did the kitchen have all the appliances?  That would be a big indication.

However no one sells a house with a pool with a pool looking that nasty... so I think it definitely wasn't a regular sale. 

I am SUPER jealous of Liz's art space in the garage. I'm 35 and a dedicated art space is high on my list for my next house. 

Me, too!  That house looks like it's going to be really awesome; especially with all acreage!  

3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Given the last house was bought very cheap so they could build equity and redo, I would think they went looking for a bargain. I dont see rent as the type that would buy a picture perfect house for full price. Are there lots of foreclosures or short sales where they live. I know there is not one in my area, because of lack of inventory everything is selling. 

When we were buying our last house , I saw my dream cape cod house (I live in the desert so this style is rare here). It was a short sale and we got it approved after a few months. Two days before closing I went to look at the home because I wanted to change a rail for safety purposes right away. I was shocked, the kitchen was full of water and it had been there for awhile. We asked the bank for some money back to fix but they refused so we backed out. I always wondered if it was the old homeowner vandalized the home in anger or a freak pipe issue (it was 90 degrees out so there was no freezing). The realtor leaned towards the homeowners coming back because the fireplace insert was taken out too.  I was always kind of sad driving by that home but one day was able to talk to the people who bought the home. Turns out the water had sat lng enough to cause mold and they had to rip out a big chunk of the kitchen and dining area and it cost them over 20k. 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Sammydoodle said:

Now on to Anna. I can't figure her out but she always looks very angry. I think she will be Trent and Ambers wild child. She has issues for sure. 

I wouldn't say she has issues without knowing anything.  That's pretty assumptive without having anything to base it on.  I think she just has a case of RBF.  They've said she's the one that seems to get in trouble the most, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she has issues.  She was adopted at 1, so not much time to have issues from being in the orphanage.  

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, gunderda said:

At first I was watching thinking, "ohhh girls, don't break that.  Don't mess that up. Don't fall."  Then I thought, I did the same shit as a teenager.  Hell, my best friend and I would go to fancy hotels and pretend we were guests so we could go swimming in the nice pools at hotels.

I wonder why they're making Liz go over her breakup - from the scenes they showed of her ex, it looks like he was with them in the new house?? There was a scene with a fireplace that looked identical to the room they were eating pizza in. 

I noticed that too.  They were playing a jelly bean game or something and it was in the living room from last night. 

Elizabeth is getting so pretty.  Shame about her boyfriend, he seemed like a nice guy last season.  Break ups are hard, especially your first.  

Glad they're back.  Have always liked this family. 

• Love 3

Trent and Amber don’t trust Anna to make good decisions.  I think she is easily influenced so she can feel like she is a fit with her peers.  I am remembering the defacing of her school a few seasons ago.  She is also not allowed to drive  without one of her parents in the vehicle.  My worst fear for her is being taken advantage of by a boy and a pregnancy!  Hoping her new school and peers are a better fit for her.

Elizabeth is very pretty and I noticed both she and Amber have started wearing some makeup and lipstick.  I am remembering another TLC show where the star started out plain Jane and next thing she is full blown makeup, hair, designer glasses and that would be Jen on The Little Couple!  She went Hollywood so let’s see what happens in this family!

Trent’s sexual innuendos can take a hike!  It is not funny nor the slightest bit interesting to those watching.  We get that you like it now grow up and keep it to yourself!  “That is not my foot”....the big EUW!  

Alex and Emma give way to tears a bit too much for their ages.  I find Alex to be very thoughtful and mature in many ways so it surprises me when he reverts to a complete toddler with his behavior.  

The whole family has gained weight and should do that same exercise again where they each weighed themselves before building the ramp for Elizabeth’s wheelchair.  

The house was definitely NOT cared for and even the TLC staff said everybody OUT!  I too was confused seeing James in pics of the new house yet they had broken up before the move to that same house...weird...

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 3

I watched the show this week and Elizabeth's situation actually made me tear up.  I forget the ex-boyfriend's name, but he TEXTED her that he was breaking up with her.  She was so looking forward to her 16th birthday so she would be able to "officially" date him.  He was her first love and what woman doesn't remember her first love at 15 or 16?   When it happened to me, the crushing pain of being rejected just made me want to crawl in a hole and die!  I just knew all my friends would be whispering behind my back how he dumped me.  How would I know that 5 years later that THIS was nothing compared to the big scheme of life?  At 16, I thought I knew everything.  So, I understood her pain even knowing she would get through it.

The guy didn't have the guts to tell her to her face or even on the phone that he'd wanted to date someone else.  That's all it boiled down to.  Elizabeth couldn't date and he either met someone he liked who could date or he asked someone he'd kind of had his eye on who could date...and the rest is history.  I'm trying not to be too harsh on the guy because he's just a kid as well.  He didn't have the maturity to handle the situation properly.  Also, I think by Elizabeth's reaction, he knew it would be hard on her.  So he took the easy way out.  Her parents were right to take her phone away for a week to give her a cooling off period.  Her texting him trying to get him to tell her why he was kicking her to the curb was going nowhere.  It looked like she was texting him several times a day.  She wanted an answer even though none was going to come.

The preview showed her looking at his FB page, I think, and it showed him with another girl.  She lamented that it didn't take him long to get over her.  What that sweet girl doesn't know is that he was "over her" when he made up his mind to send her that shitty text.

• Love 2

I don’t think they broke up before the new house.  Remember- we saw Elizabeth in the new garage studio... mixed in with footage of moving to the new house. Elizabeth said they didn’t break up until 4 months after her birthday. I bet we see footage of her birthday in a future episode. So dont expect every storyline covered in an episide to be shot in the same month. Nor should you expect the episodes to be chronological one after the other. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2018 at 9:02 AM, TipseyGirl said:

That was a lot of mold - black mold. Yikes. Poor Elizabeth, having her heart broken and then sharing it on camera. She seems like such a sweet, smart and creative girl. She is also very pretty. Hmmm, I wonder what Anna did this time to get herself if so much trouble? I still like this family :-) 

I do too.  Although, I was surprised with their antics in the fitness center because their parents don’t generally tolerate that kind of behavior.

I also found it quite interesting when Amber said they are not adjusting the kitchen because their kids have to learn how to cope with the world that’s built for average size people.  I really like her attitude.

6 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Elizabeth is getting so pretty.  Shame about her boyfriend, he seemed like a nice guy last season.  Break ups are hard, especially your first.  

She is! What astounded me is, he broke up with her by text. I’m sorry, but that is low. Even for a generation that uses their phones for everything. It’s a gutless move.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why not? Isn't that what editors are for? 

Well, yes, but they’ve proven they aren’t interested in performing that task. In any reality show I’ve seen with the possible exception of Survivor. 

My personal opinion is that they know they have to fill up x number of minutes so they just pick out some footage that will fit in that amount of time. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Well, yes, but they’ve proven they aren’t interested in performing that task. In any reality show I’ve seen with the possible exception of Survivor. 

My personal opinion is that they know they have to fill up x number of minutes so they just pick out some footage that will fit in that amount of time. 

Ahhhh, I get what you are saying. They are lazy AF. I wish I could get paid for being that lazy. They are going to ruin the show if they keep showing obvious scenes out of sequence like that. 

• Love 1

TLC is known for adjusting timelines to fit their agenda.  

My heart broke for Elizabeth.  She is such a gorgeous young woman, and she has a lot of love to give.  I hope she's able to heal and move on.  And seriously.  By text.  Jerk.

My favorite line of the episode came from Trent when they were pulling the builtin down. One of the kids asked what if there was a dead body behind it.  His response was they would keep it.  His sexual innuendo is over the top and gross, but he does get in a good one every now and again.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sixlets said:

My heart broke for Elizabeth.  She is such a gorgeous young woman, and she has a lot of love to give.  I hope she's able to heal and move on.  And seriously.  By text.  Jerk.

My favorite line of the episode came from Trent when they were pulling the builtin down. One of the kids asked what if there was a dead body behind it.  His response was they would keep it.  His sexual innuendo is over the top and gross, but he does get in a good one every now and again.

15 hours ago, Kid said:

She is! What astounded me is, he broke up with her by text. I’m sorry, but that is low. Even for a generation that uses their phones for everything. It’s a gutless move.

I was so disappointed he broke up via text.  It's not like this was a casual relationship or a few dates in.  2 years is a long time in teenage years.  I hope his parents see that and give him a lesson on what not to do in life.

It's hard but I'm sure she'll bounce back and I can see her becoming an independent and strong young woman in her adult years.

Trent does have some good humor in him.  The innuendos can be slowed down but he's made me laugh more than once.  I remember my son making me rewind over and over the scene (first season I think) of he and Alex in their truck and Trent was showing him how little people shut the door (it's a long reach to an open door while in) by going in reverse and stopping suddenly so the door shuts itself.  Doesn't sound that funny writing it out but it was funny to watch.

• Love 8

I know this breakup must be hard for Elizabeth but she didn't have to agree to talk about it in length in her TH. She could have just stated that they broke up, she didn't have to go in to how, why, when. It looks like next week we get more it, too. He's posting pics of his new girlfriend on social media and Elizabeth is talking about it again. Enough, already. 

• Love 2

The previous owners of the Johnston's new house are horrible people. First, they abandoned two kittens there. I'm glad the Johnston's were able to keep them. Second, the insane mold problem. The towel shoved in the wall was ridiculous! 

I felt really bad for Elizabeth having to explain her break up to the world. Breaking up with someone at that age is hard enough, let alone having to describe the break up on television. I think it's cool she's turned the garage attic into an art studio. 

Where are their two dogs? Are they coming to the new house, or did they die or something???

• Love 4

Still enjoying this show.  Trent's innuendos don't get on my nerves too badly.  He's just performing for the camera like the rest of the TLC gang, big and little, do.  I'm almost ashamed to admit that his line about getting a tattoo of the East Coast on his chest/stomach and "letting Amber go to Florida every night" made me literally LOL for a full minute.  I think I would like these people if I knew them in real life and I can't say that about many of the "stars" of these TLC shows.  I like the way they parent: stern and no-nonsense, but with a loving touch.  The kids clearly respect them and know that their word is law.  Take a lesson, Bill and Jen.

Poor Elizabeth.  She's a lovely young lady and I feel so sorry for her.  She's better off without James if he thinks it's even remotely okay to end a long-term relationship (in teen years) via text.  I don't like that she has to live this out on camera in front of the world, but I have a feeling that if she truly felt uncomfortable with it, her parents would put a stop to it.  On the upside, her art space is extremely cool and it will help her to process her grief.  Speaking of which, hey, James?  If you're reading this, you're an asshole and we don't like you.

As for Anna, I get it.  My own teenage daughter is having quite a bit of trouble with telling the truth and being where she says she's going to be when she says she's going to be there.  It's a challenge I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  You have to set those boundaries and keep them safe.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, EastCoast4Life said:

The previous owners of the Johnston's new house are horrible people. First, they abandoned two kittens there. I'm glad the Johnston's were able to keep them. Second, the insane mold problem. The towel shoved in the wall was ridiculous! 

I felt really bad for Elizabeth having to explain her break up to the world. Breaking up with someone at that age is hard enough, let alone having to describe the break up on television. I think it's cool she's turned the garage attic into an art studio. 

Where are their two dogs? Are they coming to the new house, or did they die or something???

Here’s the thing about the home. If true there would be legal repercussions, Ive yet to read of any.

4 quick observations - 

1) why is anna , the wild one, going to a different HS than the others? I would want to keep that one close to the house as possible. Bad kids exist in every school. And did I hear the plan was to get her a car when she get her license ?

2) I saw a scene when they were in a hotel for 15? days (???) and Anna went to the front desk to get supplies for the whole family - 

• (a) what happened to the family size of shampoo, etc. The hotel should have charged them for a gallon ziploc bag full of handouts.
  • (b) why did the Johnstons stay that long running up a massive hotel bill - did they close on their current house weeks before the new house closed ?

3) To the oldest son - If you want to go into sports broadcasting - major in journalism or something like that. English , might be a good minor..

4) Someone enlighten me why there is a outlet in the middle of the floor ?

5bdc70a80ce35_outletinfloor.png.1eee06701c22e97b79b9962414de3ef5.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Someone enlighten me why there is a outlet in the middle of the floor ?

That's in the living room and I've seen it before.  It gives you a place to plug in a lamp without having the cord being a tripping hazard.

They moved into the hotel because their old home sold and they didn't have the new one yet.  I don't think it was unreasonable for them to request shampoo, etc.  That's part of what you pay for.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Someone enlighten me why there is a outlet in the middle of the floor ?

We had covered outlets installed on the floor of our great room. Our couch sits in the open area between the family room and the kitchen. The outlets allow for lamps, laptops, etc to be powered without running extension cords. I am surprised to see it installed like theirs though. Ours is such that you can put the cover on flat to the floor ( outlet recessed) if you dont need to use the outlet for an extended period of time. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sATL said:

4 quick observations - 

1) why is anna , the wild one, going to a different HS than the others? I would want to keep that one close to the house as possible. Bad kids exist in every school. And did I hear the plan was to get her a car when she get her license ?

2) I saw a scene when they were in a hotel for 15? days (???) and Anna went to the front desk to get supplies for the whole family - 

• (a) what happened to the family size of shampoo, etc. The hotel should have charged them for a gallon ziploc bag full of handouts.
  • (b) why did the Johnstons stay that long running up a massive hotel bill - did they close on their current house weeks before the new house closed ?

3) To the oldest son - If you want to go into sports broadcasting - major in journalism or something like that. English , might be a good minor..

4) Someone enlighten me why there is a outlet in the middle of the floor ?

5bdc70a80ce35_outletinfloor.png.1eee06701c22e97b79b9962414de3ef5.png

My aunt's house had a couple of outlets on the floor in her den...she had table lamps plugged into them...her sofa was in the middle of the den 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:48 AM, thebigboot said:

Here’s the thing about the home. If true there would be legal repercussions, Ive yet to read of any.

Not if it was a foreclosure and sold as is.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, Monie said:

My aunt's house had a couple of outlets on the floor in her den...she had table lamps plugged into them...her sofa was in the middle of the den 

Yes, I have 2 floor outlets because my family room opens to the dinette and kitchen, so there aren't walls where my end tables with lamps are.  Without the floor outlets, I'd have to stretch an extention cord across the floor.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

I wouldn't say she has issues without knowing anything.  That's pretty assumptive without having anything to base it on.  I think she just has a case of RBF.  They've said she's the one that seems to get in trouble the most, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she has issues.  She was adopted at 1, so not much time to have issues from being in the orphanage.  

I think Anna was older than 1, maybe 3 or 4 when they adopted her.  I want to say she had issues with men (Trent) in the beginning??? I can't remember if I have that correctly but I'm pretty certain she was older than 1.

Alex is the only one out of the 3 adopted kids that was adopted as a baby.  I think Emma was 5 when they adopted her.

I do like their family dynamic and I think its very much a realistic one.  They seem very down to earth.

• Love 5