Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, Lurk said:

Liz is not only obnoxious, I thinks she's gotten to be crass and crude with the language she chooses. It seem so jarring that when she is talking with other sisters and Amber present in some scenes. Does she think the vulgar speak is cool and hip?

Liz seems to be taking a page out of Trent's book of "Inappropriate Things To Say." I think she managed to disgust everyone at the dinner table by talking about Brice getting her pregnant from "doing the dirty in the bed." She simultaneously embarrassed and insulted Brice by saying she needed to put it in those terms because Brice wouldn't understand what Trent was saying. Which, by the way, Trent does not need to give his adult daughter and boyfriend permission to be intimate. Shut up, Trent. Shut up even more, Liz. 

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 5/17/2023 at 1:14 PM, Evagirl said:

One question and I'm done - why does Liz wear long-sleeve sweatshirts with shorts all the time?

I have wondered about that for years.

On 5/21/2023 at 6:19 AM, Kid said:

I have wondered about that for years.

It’s a daily occurrence in Southern California, with the addition of Ugg boots. 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I wore shorts and sweatshirts when I was in college.  I think it was due to many places having very cold air conditioning in the summer time.  You can sort of stay warm, and then when you go outside, you can take sweatshirt off (tank underneath).  Or, it might have been just a trend. Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Their visit to Santa Land was really strange to me because they were all acting as if the kids were age 10 or younger. The way they spoke with excitement about the “real Santa”, even the dopey parents seemed mesmerized when they finally got to see him. What a waste of time, IMNSHO. 

The 3 big kids at home segment was dumb too. I loved how they showed a flashback to when Jonah turned 21, the idiot moronic parents actually celebrating him getting drunk. I hope they’re not wondering why they have to worry about their children drinking to excess. Jerks. 

Liz saying that she’s going to hand Jonah’s list over to her parents, regarding the planning of her 21st birthday. “If they have any questions, ask Jonah!”.  Very odd girl. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Santa Land was...strange. Although, I did love Joose's answer as to what his wish was. 

The Johnston's continue to mispronounce Joose's name and it drives me nuts. Trent also added an "s" to Joose's brother's name. But then this is the guy who thinks Wikipedia is pronounced "Wikelpedia."

So, I noticed Jonah did not mention to Trent and Amber that Ashley was one of the people he had at his party. What was that all about? Also, I don't think the party we saw was filmed when the Johnstons were in Finland. Jonah had a haircut in the scenes before they left, was back to the same stupid hairstyle at the party, and then had the haircut again while they were video calling and when they arrived home.

Alex is starting to come across as a level 5 clinger. Hope I am wrong and he is just very smitten with Allie.

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

I miss the olden days when at least this show wasn't so heavy handedly over produced, overly scripted and everyone sounding like parrots...repeating the same approved things over and over.

As odious as all the Johnsons are on camera, if Joose loves them then there must be something redeemable about these hillbillies.

He is such an earnest and likable young man.

Jonah doesn't fart without asking Trent and Amber first so the guest list was approved by them when the producers staged the Jenga get together.

Fake, fake, fake to quote Elaine Benes (Seinfeld reference)

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

"That little flight from Dallas to Atlanta is only an hour and a half long, and during that time is when they lost our luggage."

WTactualF??  Logic is not strong within this family.

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Amber becomes more and more insufferable  with each episode. I didn’t .Ike how she spoke over Trent when they went to the nutritionist. She’s an ass. 

Yep. She is extremely rude. Looks like Liz is following in her footsteps. Coming in bossing everyone around, correcting her siblings, referring to herself in the third person. They are both are so irritating.

The timeline is so manipulated, too. Jonah's hair is a clue to how much they mess with the timeline. He was back to his stupid curly top look this episode - which was to supposed to have taken place right after the family got back from Finland. He had a short haircut before they left.

• Like 5
(edited)

Those perspective mates and their families should be grateful they are being spared from certain people in the family, like Amber.  It’s easy to envision how she and Trent would attempt to control their adult children, even after they got married.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
On 5/4/2023 at 5:19 PM, humbleopinion said:

Allie is only 15 years old...where is the stink about her being on the young side to be Alex's gf by Sanctimonious Amber who made a big deal of needing to be 16 years old as the rule in her household?

I wondered about that too. Since the girlfriend is under 16 years of age, how did she pass Amber's approval? Oh yea, it is for Alex her favorite.

• Like 3
On 6/1/2023 at 6:01 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Those perspective mates and their families should be grateful they are being spared from certain people in the family, like Amber.  It’s easy to envision how she and Trent would attempt to control their adult children, even after they got married.  

Absolutely! And add grandchildren into the mix? Amber and Trent will act like the be-all-end-all of child rearing. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Absolutely! And add grandchildren into the mix? Amber and Trent will act like the be-all-end-all of child rearing. 🙄

And, even though Joose’s mother was complimentary of the Johnston family and praised them for being good to her son, I still think she was giving Trent and Amber the side eye at times.  🥴

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
On 6/3/2023 at 11:01 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

And, even though Joose’s mother was complimentary of the Johnston family and praised them for being good to her son, I still think she was giving Trent and Amber the side eye at times.  🥴

I thought the same! She's a classy person who raised a classy son, but even classy people have limits, lol.

• Like 8
(edited)

That Amber is a piece of work.  Man…..her comment about how challenging it is to be married to Trent!  Please…..does she think she’s a bed of roses?  Geesh! There is something really odd with her.  Soooooo full of herself.  And condescending comments to Trent at every turn.  She seems to resent him. He doesn’t seem to live up to her standards.  

And, the way Anna was talking to the counselor about her anxiety……her parents have her terrified.  My heart went out to her.  The girl can’t enjoy life for worrying about her parents’ disapproval.  It’s not right.  Ugh……It seems Jonah has it too.  I don’t know what was going on with that extended family situation (revealed at the Thanksgiving dinner), but it appears Amber and Trent are involved in their extended family members’ personal business too!  Omg, it’s crazy!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5

Amber really thinks she is the shit. I fear that Liz is following right in her footsteps. Seems that Liz and Brice are having issues since living together. She probably treats Brice the same way Amber treats Trent. They all suck. And, poor Anna - I hope counseling helps her. 

• Like 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That Amber is a piece of work.  Man…..her comment about how challenging it is to be married to Trent!  Please…..does she think she’s a bed of roses?  Geesh! There is something really odd with her.  Soooooo full of herself.  And condescending comments to Trent at every turn.  She seems to resent him. He doesn’t seem to live up to her standards.  

And, the way Anna was talking to the counselor about her anxiety……her parents have her terrified.  My heart went out to her.  The girl can’t enjoy life for worrying about her parents’ disapproval.  It’s not right.  Ugh……It seems Jonah has it too.  I don’t know what was going on with that extended family situation (revealed at the Thanksgiving dinner), but it appears Amber and Trent are involved in their extended family members’ personal business too!  Omg, it’s crazy!  

I’m not sure if I’m remembering correctly or not; but a few episodes ago, didn’t they say that Anna’s house is next to a bar, with drunk people fighting outside of her house?  I believe that this is the reason why she’s afraid to walk her dog. 

I can’t believe that Trent and Amber approved this location for Anna to live. They really made sure that Liz was in a safe location. 

Regarding Amber’s comments regarding whether it’s easier or harder to be married to another little person, I couldn’t believe what she said!  Nothing like making your husband feel “less than”.  Trent looked surprised at her response to the producer’s question.

She’s so self-centered. Whoever called her a narcissist is spot on.  

Edited by ShowsILoveToHate
Had to fix “less then” to “less than”.
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Poor Liz....the romance is already dun gone.

Giddyup girlfriend, you lusted and bedded good ol' boy Brice... reticent, humble and steadfast and now he is yours forever since you enticed him out of his Mama's house.

Time to pocket those rose colored, Lifetime movie romance ideas and accept your life is Groundhog Day on a loop.

Brice is not going to change, it is stunning to longtime viewers that he is doing THs.

Amber must be waving fistfuls of Benjamins off camera.

Lizzie, next time your face is deep in the back door of a dead deer with your significant on the other end yanking off the skin, dream of romantic Athens....Georgia, not the one with the Acropolis.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Poor Liz....the romance is already dun gone.

Giddyup girlfriend, you lusted and bedded good ol' boy Brice... reticent, humble and steadfast and now he is yours forever since you enticed him out of his Mama's house.

Time to pocket those rose colored, Lifetime movie romance ideas and accept your life is Groundhog Day on a loop.

Brice is not going to change, it is stunning to longtime viewers that he is doing THs.

Amber must be waving fistfuls of Benjamins off camera.

Lizzie, next time your face is deep in the back door of a dead deer with your significant on the other end yanking off the skin, dream of romantic Athens....Georgia, not the one with the Acropolis.

This is so perfect.

• Like 3

I agree with all the Amber dislikes. The kids all put on a happy face while filming probably so Amber throws some coins from the show their way. I hope the adult children negotiated all their own contracts with TLC, but I highly doubt that. I think Liz just pushed and pushed Bryce to move it, probably against his parent's wishes, and is regretting living with Amber v2. My heart breaks for Anna. I think she had no choice but to move out (I don't blame her) due to her relationship with Amber and is feeling the pressure put on her by her parents and being able to afford to be on her own. It will be interesting once the TLC gravy train ends for Trent & Amber.

• Like 8
(edited)

I’m not sure how much we’ll see of Bryce moving forward, but it seems that Elizabeth may have not been into the things he likes.  However, she pretended that she did to gain his affection.  I get it.  But, if a guy loves hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling, etc.  they aren’t likely going to change.  I live in the south too, so I know country boys.  I never could get into that kind of thing for a guy.  I had a good friend who married someone like that and she was bored to tears.  The marriage lasted a year.  She liked nice restaurants, dancing, beach trips, shopping, sports cars.  He liked hunting, firearms, target shooting, chewing tobacco, dogs, pickup trucks, and camouflage.  She tried to adapt, but they were too far apart.  Sort of like Blake Shelton and Gwynn Stefani!  Lol. Not all southern men are like that though.  My two brothers and father are not, even though my dad grew up on a farm. 

I wonder if Bryce’s  mom worried that Elizabeth would diss Bryce the way Amber does Trent.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

It seems odd to me, that Trent needed to see a nutritionist just to lose 10-15 pounds? Since the whole family with the exception of Emma and Anna are over weight, maybe the person who buys the food and prepares the meals is the one that needs educated about nutrition? Amber looked like a clown in that little work out outfit. And she seemed to think he looked hot? She tried to ruin Thanksgiving for everyone by harping about what Trent couldn't eat.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

They've mentioned before the importance for little people of maintaining a healthy weight, to lessen stress on the joints.  And 10-15 lbs on a little person can be 10% of their body weight. 

But yeah, Amber only preaches about it when she thinks her weight is optimum. (or Liz's, remember the boasting when she lost weight? long ago)

• Like 4

Making a big deal over what food one eats at a holiday meal is ridiculous, imo.  Barring some kind of medical reason, why can’t you eat healthy throughout the year and have your favorite foods on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthday?  

• Like 9
(edited)
On 6/8/2023 at 9:00 AM, TipseyGirl said:

Amber really thinks she is the shit. I fear that Liz is following right in her footsteps. Seems that Liz and Brice are having issues since living together. She probably treats Brice the same way Amber treats Trent. They all suck. And, poor Anna - I hope counseling helps her. 

Brice already looks beaten down.  Liz used to be my favorite but she turned into her mother.  

By the way those lime green tights did Amber no favors - they made her fat legs look even fatter.  And this is not a little person thing. This is a person who has big thighs, as I do, needs to know how to properly dress to not accentuate the fact. For example, wear the same color, tights and leotard.  Or wear a darker shade of tights than the leotard (although the first option would be best.)

Edited by Kid
  • Like 4
On 6/10/2023 at 10:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Making a big deal over what food one eats at a holiday meal is ridiculous, imo.  Barring some kind of medical reason, why can’t you eat healthy throughout the year and have your favorite foods on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthday?  

Last August I found myself in the hospital after having 4 mini strokes due to completely ignoring my diabetes. I knew I was diabetic, just didn't care and felt fine until 4 mini stokes in like 6 days. I've really been pretty diligent about eating better and taking all my meds since then, but even at the hospital, knowing my A1-C was like 16 when I got there, the nutritionist told me it's okay to splurge now and then, you want to have cake for a birthday, have a piece of cake, you go out with friends and want to have a whole pizza for dinner, have a whole pizza for dinner. Her point was very few people are going to make drastic changes and 100% stick to them every moment of every day and if you don't allow yourself the occasional splurge, you will be setting yourself up for failure when you become so frustrated and give up and go back to all your old ways. 

We all saw Amber is the type to harp to Trent about having a holiday favorite is not okay for him while she not only made it, but loaded her own plate up with it to eat in front of him. So in other words, endless frustration. 

• Like 8
On 6/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, Fostersmom said:

Last August I found myself in the hospital after having 4 mini strokes due to completely ignoring my diabetes. I knew I was diabetic, just didn't care and felt fine until 4 mini stokes in like 6 days. I've really been pretty diligent about eating better and taking all my meds since then, but even at the hospital, knowing my A1-C was like 16 when I got there, the nutritionist told me it's okay to splurge now and then, you want to have cake for a birthday, have a piece of cake, you go out with friends and want to have a whole pizza for dinner, have a whole pizza for dinner. Her point was very few people are going to make drastic changes and 100% stick to them every moment of every day and if you don't allow yourself the occasional splurge, you will be setting yourself up for failure when you become so frustrated and give up and go back to all your old ways. 

We all saw Amber is the type to harp to Trent about having a holiday favorite is not okay for him while she not only made it, but loaded her own plate up with it to eat in front of him. So in other words, endless frustration. 

Sorry about your strokes.  That sounds scary.  I had a series of dental and medical issues in quick succession several months ago and it sure got my attention.  They weren’t attributed to my Type I diabetes, but I wonder. I went into major focus mode though and am doing much better with my control.  My endocrinologist says everything in moderation.  Thus, no keto for me.  I realize that’s popular with T2.  

Did they give a number for Trent’s A1C?  If he’s not into Pre-diabetes, then I wonder what he is.  I’ve never heard of Pre  Pre-diabetes before.  

• Hugs 1

I really don't understand the drinking at their 21st birthday parties? Did Anna have a party too, or just Liz and Jonas? These people really are just crude and backwards.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Liz has more body mass than Jonah can hold her alcohol better....sorry sweetie, them's the facts.

Anna knows Amber would sabatoge her by exploiting any drunken and sloppy behaviors so didn't have a TLC sponsored kegger and open bar 21st birthday party.

Respect to Anna for not accepting money from Trent for her therapy.

Glad she moved from that house they filmed since she didn't feel safe walking Cruiser. 

Bet she got verbally harassed by drunken hillbillies. 

• Like 5

Hmmm. . . so Trent and Amber bankrolled his sister so she could leave her husband.  Noticed that when they cut to Trent and Amber, Amber, who always has an opinion about everything and usually interrupts Trent to say it,  was completely silent and had major stink face going on.  (Okay, Amber always has stink face . . .  but somehow seemed to amp it up even more as Trent was talking about helping his sister out financially).

• Like 4

When you’re watching this episode with a potty-humor-aficionado first grader and even he’s repelled, you know T&A have hit a new low. Like someone previously stated, skip the beginning of the show.

Brice’s parents are a good looking couple. I was surprised to see them on camera. I also had no idea that Brice is a twin.

Emma looked beautiful at the party! 

Of course Jonah had to draw attention to Anna’s innocuous comment regarding the barbecue he cooked. I agree that his attitude has improved a lot but he and most of the fam still can’t pass up the smallest opportunity to rag on Anna. She has way more restraint than I do.

I’m glad that Anna’s therapy is going well. It was also nice to see Trent give her a sweet, sincere hug when he dropped her off at her house.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Meh said:

I really don't understand the drinking at their 21st birthday parties? Did Anna have a party too, or just Liz and Jonas? These people really are just crude and backwards.

and, if Jonah is in recovery from drugs, he should not be drinking.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

When I was 21, I went to dinner with my parents and then headed out to the bar with friends. Maybe I would have had a party at my house if TLC was footing the bill. I was also surprised that Bryce's parents were filmed. So only 1 brief mention of Marly (Anna's other dog) and then didn't see her, hopefully, this notorious dog-dumping family didn't do it again.  I hope this show is over, Trent and Amber are gross (didn't need the stool sample discussion). 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Liz has more body mass than Jonah can hold her alcohol better....sorry sweetie, them's the facts.

Anna knows Amber would sabatoge her by exploiting any drunken and sloppy behaviors so didn't have a TLC sponsored kegger and open bar 21st birthday party.

Respect to Anna for not accepting money from Trent for her therapy.

Glad she moved from that house they filmed since she didn't feel safe walking Cruiser. 

Bet she got verbally harassed by drunken hillbillies. 

Did they say that Anna moved? I know she mentioned to Trent that she was saving to move. I really hope she did. Anna deserves to feel safe in her own home. Everyone does. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I assumed Anna moved since they filmed the facade during caroling and it would be very easy to identify her home in Forsyth.

No need to expose her to additional harassment by well meaning fans and not nice jerks invading her privacy.

She mentioned May as the month she wanted to be in a safer place.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Meh said:

Did Anna have a party too, or just Liz and Jonas? These people really are just crude and backwards.

Anna celebrated her 21st at a cakestore or icecream/candy store...Proving that she is definitely considered "THE STEPCHILD"

• Like 3
  • Sad 1