Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Can't help but wonder what Ashley said about Amber in her texts to Jonah, because whatever she said sure has Amber peeved.  Ashley said she wants a husband and kids just like all her friends.  Not sure if she is going to get that with Jonah.  So, perhaps it's best if she walks away. 

Not to mention that his parents will never get out of their lives and he appears to be ok with that.  Ashley seems like a smart, kind, steady young woman.  She should move on, in my opinion. 

Trent said that he was glad they had this conversation. Ashley didn't say a word. That's not a conversation.  Basically, she was told they need to take a break and it was time for her to leave.  If the girl ever goes back, she needs her head examined.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

I agree! Good lawd, did Ashley look pissed when Trent broke the news that He and Amber had gone through PRIVATE texts between Jonah and Ashley. I would have been pissed too. I'm surprised Jonah was so casual about it. That was a total violation of both Jonah and Ashley's privacy. And you are spot on - Amber will never be able to move past whatever Ashley called her. 

Jonah was so casual about it because it’s all he’s ever known. Amber and Trent are control freaks who will never respect boundaries, no matter the age of their children. Ashley should move on, find someone who treats her well. Someone without controlling, meddling, vindictive parents. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

I realize a person needs support when they are going through a difficult time, but I can’t help but wonder if Jonah might do better to move to NC, change his phone number and not let the parents know his address.  🥴  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Instead of promoting Jonah's anxiety and depression, they should have pushed his marriage to Ashley instead of getting rid of her. Could have had a wedding and a baby, now just have therapy for Jonah which is already boring Plus Alex is anxious too,  couldn't roller skate because of this?

• Love 1

I wonder if the dynamics in that family are contributing to the anxiety.  My parents are also very controlling and anxious.  I have to fight to stay out of it.  Both of of my siblings struggle too, though not nearly as bad as my parents.  My parents’  got worse when they reached late 70s.  I suffered with a few panic attacks many years ago.  I had to focus to get passed them.  They can be very scary.  So, I do empathize with anyone who deals with it.  

• Love 3

During one season. Trent suffered from anxiety attacks. He kept thinking his gall bladder was bad, and in the end, it was just anxiety he said. Amber is enough to make all of them anxious. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I was dismayed at the way Amber seemed to focus on how terrible Anna’s early upbringing was.  That might be true, but to focus on that seemed rather cruel.  I didn’t see the point.  Oh, the reason she did it seemed to me that she wanted to get praise for taking a child who was so damaged.  After all, it’s all about Amber and her hard work and sacrifice.  And her explanation about them giving Anna training and education instead of love and affection, was pitiful.  So, that’s her excuse?  Please.  That lady really annoys me.  Maybe, she’s so cold and manipulative due to the way her mother treated her.  I just find her and Trent difficult people to be around.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

I'm about two shows behind and I'm glad so many of you have said exactly what I've been thinking!

My daughter, age 26, also suffers from anxiety attacks. She takes one prescription medication - and that helps her enormously. She's a public health epidemiologist (chose the right career at the right time!) and was recently given a permanent dept. of public health position after proving herself as an employee with the same dept. on a short-term grant project. 

At no point have I ever insisted, encouraged, or even suggested she should make any changes to her life since she entered college. After receiving her bachelor's degree she went right into a master's program and graduated last year.

As an adult, she has the right to find her way through life and decide for herself how to handle any obstacles she encounters along the way. If she asks for advice, I'll give it but I wouldn't dream of telling her what to do, or try to coerce or blackmail her into doing what I think is best. 

Frankly, if I felt I needed to do that I'd know I had failed as a parent.

I used the word "blackmail" on purpose because it wouldn't surprise me to learn Trent and Amber told Jonah they'd help him only if he agreed to move back home and live under their rules.

I think the Delta-8 situation was way overblown by Trent and Amber. I suspect it was probably a one-time thing. It scared Jonah, and Trent and Amber, ever the overreactors, saw it as the first step to Jonah becoming a full-blown heroin addict. 

It sounded to me like Jonah is also on an anti-anxiety medication now, and it's been recommended he enter CBT therapy. CBT is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, done one-on-one, with a psychologist who specializes in that type of therapy. It's about teaching Jonah to regulate his anxiety by changing his thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes. CBT is used to help people with all kinds of issues, and it's not inpatient, or very long term. Usually it involves one 30 or 60 minute session per week for 12 - 20 weeks. 

There really isn't any reason why Jonah needs to continue to stay at his parent's home now that he's on medication or while he's seeing the therapist. Nor is there any reason for him to dump Ashley. But Trent and Amber again are overreacting and thinking "We have to get him fixed and he has to concentrate solely on that, and once he is fixed to our satisfaction he can resume his life - according to whatever guidelines we set".

That's patently ridiculous. People work full-time, care for their homes and families - all while taking anti-anxiety medication and seeing their CBT therapist! 

The real problem Trent and Amber have with Ashley is they're afraid she'll get Jonah to finally realize just how controlling they are. Then he'll set reasonable boundaries - and when they try to cross those boundaries he'll shut them out of his life completely.

If that's the end result of them staying together, I'm team #Jonah&Ashley all the way! 

ETA: The Delta 8 experience was a one-time thing, per Trent and Amber. (Delta 8 is a synthetic form of cannabis). As I thought, Jonah's reaction to it scared him. And Trent and Amber definitely overreacted, IMO.

Trent and Amber Johnston Set the Record Straight About Jonah and Delta 8

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added link to article about Jonah's Delta 8 use
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3

I wonder what Amber and Trent’s extended family thinks about them?  🙄 

What did you make of Amber changing her major to Social Work?  🤣 That makes perfect sense.  She even said she did it, so she could exert more control over the families!  That woman! Total control freak.    I wonder if she realizes that social workers don’t run people’s lives.  She will also need to do an internship and demonstrate that she doesn’t substitute her decisions over clients.  I bet that will be interesting.  

Oh, something else I considered is whether it was Amber who didn’t pass the teacher college exam.  They said it was Anna, but……hmmmm……the timing is interesting. That’s the degree that Amber was set to go after, so she could continue in her job.  I guess she’ll be getting a new job.     

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what Amber and Trent’s extended family thinks about them?  🙄 

What did you make of Amber changing her major to Social Work?  🤣 That makes perfect sense.  She even said she did it, so she could exert more control over the families!  That woman! Total control freak.    I wonder if she realizes that social workers don’t run people’s lives.  She will also need to do an internship and demonstrate that she doesn’t substitute her decisions over clients.  I bet that will be interesting.  

Oh, something else I considered is whether it was Amber who didn’t pass the teacher college exam.  They said it was Anna, but……hmmmm……the timing is interesting. That’s the degree that Amber was set to go after, so she could continue in her job.  I guess she’ll be getting a new job.     

I don't see Amber passing any course that requires proper grammar. They all have atrocious grammar ("Trent and I's", "Mine's and Amber's"). It's enough to make my ears bleed. I'll bet her paper writing is interesting.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I minored in Social Work and I wonder if Amber realizes that a huge part of it is listening.  You don’t dictate what people do.  I think she’ll struggle with that.  She is so convinced of her abilities and accomplishments.  She knows everything and how others should do it too.  It’s not endearing.  

• Like 2
  • Love 6

OMG, I got such a laugh about Amber’s change to social work as a major. Its funny how she told Anna that being a teacher you don’t spend that much time with the kids. Guess what know it all? Social work is more than dictating what families should do. There are reports to write, services to coordinate, the amount of paperwork is overwhelming. Don’t even get me started on the contacts that must be entered in the system about every freaking interaction. It’s not only about working with kids, the immediate goal after removing a child from the home is reunification.

Amber is lucky that she has such compliant children. They accept her lack of boundaries, bullying, and intimidation. She and Trent read Jonah’s texts with his girlfriend and he passively agrees it was the right thing to do. They can’t let go of Anna making two very age appropriate mistakes. Anna just sits there while they treat her like she slaughtered babies in a satanic cult. 

Kids that have had significant CPS contact will not just do as Amber says. The same goes for the parents. My first case as a CPS SW was supposed to be an easy one since the family had run out their time for receiving services. I was with that family for 18 months after they had run out the 24 month maximum allowed for services.

My very first week I had to deal with a 10 year old client almost dying from alcohol poisoning. Not only was there heavy Family Court involvement but many of the minors also have Juvenile Court involvement.  Let’s not forget about incarcerated parents that also need services, including bringing their children to visit in jail. I really hope when the time comes for Amber to apply for a SW position someone recognizes her from the show and make hiring decisions accordingly.  Amber does not have the intellect nor the temperament to work as a SW. 

Also, the standard education to work as a SW now is a masters degree, Amber would be lucky to get hired as a vocational assistant with a four year degree. Anna would do much better as a SW, and will do with whatever career path she chooses. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Dear Ashley, if a guy continues to make excuses about seeing you, he’s just not that into you. You can do better. 

I don’t think Ashley’s expectations are unreasonable, but I wonder if Jonah is capable of meeting them.  They seem on different levels of maturity and it’s not likely to change when under his parents’ regime.  But, even if he were ready to advance the relationship, Ashley would likely be tortured in a family with in-laws like them. Ugh….a long run of misery dealing with their control issues.  I’m trying to recall the episode where Ashley’s parents joined them for a visit to some vacation spot.  I thought all seemed well then, but who knows.  I wonder what they thought of that last  little breakfast meeting.  Maybe, relieved they saw the real Trent and Amber.  

Has anyone seen their new Instagram video?  I’m not able to view it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, TipseyGirl said:

I don't see Amber passing any course that requires proper grammar. They all have atrocious grammar ("Trent and I's", "Mine's and Amber's"). It's enough to make my ears bleed. I'll bet her paper writing is interesting.

I noted Jonah’s therapist was a Licensed Social Worker. I also noted she used bad grammar during the session. 😩

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I hope the next step in "fixing" Jonah, is enrolling him into some sort of a vocational school, so he can acquire some job skills. Otherwise, when Amber gets tired of "fixing" him, she will kick him out of the house again, and the whole cycle of anxiety will start all over again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

Discovery plus isn't showing new "7 lil Js"...  so I'll just have to come here to see what's going on I guess .   I had "tlc to go" at one time,  but can't get it to work.   So please leave a lot of details,  snarkers!   Even though from what Ive read so far,   it seems like a bore.  Thanks! ❤️

• Love 3
On 8/24/2022 at 9:12 AM, bichonblitz said:

The guy is no prize. He never looks anybody in the eye, always has his head down. I don't see any personality with him. He looks like a slob. Get a haircut. Take the hat off. Dress better. Does he at least have a good job? 

I like him a lot and it's clear he's with liz out of love. I feel he could do better than her, but he doesn't appear the type to be emotionally cruel.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, readheaded said:

I think Elizabeth said he got his HVAC certification. He seems like a nice guy, so I'm not going to judge him on his appearance; there are way too many good people in my own blue collar family who don't dress well but are hard-working, decent people.

Exactly, he seems like a great, down to earth guy, and I really like him.

• Love 3

Just remembered, why were those large birds of prey inside those small closets?  Were they injured?  Certainly, large birds wouldn’t be cooped up in a small windowless closet 24/7 on a permanent basis.  I couldn’t figure it out.  Anyone recall the name of that place? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2022 at 7:43 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I really hated when the 3 girls were in Nashville and people were asking to take pictures, I hope it was more about the camera being there then them being little people.

I was curious if people wanted pictures because they recognized Liz from the TV show, or because they're dwarves? If it's for the latter that is tacky and just not acceptable. If it's because they recognize Liz from the show, then she needs to determine and establish when she's going to allow pictures to be taken, and when she's on private time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I was curious if people wanted pictures because they recognized Liz from the TV show, or because they're dwarves? If it's for the latter that is tacky and just not acceptable. If it's because they recognize Liz from the show, then she needs to determine and establish when she's going to allow pictures to be taken, and when she's on private time.

It’s interesting….I don’t think that I’ve ever heard of any of the the Roloffs complaining of people approaching them for photos.  Hmmmm….

• Love 1
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s interesting….I don’t think that I’ve ever heard of any of the the Roloffs complaining of people approaching them for photos.  Hmmmm….

I'm guessing it's a function of where Liz and her friends were (lots of young people drinking) and that none of the Roloffs, aside from Amy, are female and little.

• Useful 1

Amber almost got perturbed when Anna said she wanted to date an average size man.  Amber didn’t like that at all.  I wonder if she’s jealous of who Anna might date.  Has she forgotten that Liz’s boyfriend is average size?  Lol

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I don't believe a word of what Bryce said to Elizabeth about why he can't move in with her.  I would bet good money his parents put the kibosh on it.  Wonder how they really feel about their relationship.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don't believe a word of what Bryce said to Elizabeth about why he can't move in with her.  I would bet good money his parents put the kibosh on it.  Wonder how they really feel about their relationship.  

Yeah, it sounds like something they would say.  Lol. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.  If he’s working full time, he should be able to afford half the rent.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

If he won't move in with her, I really doubt he is going to ever marry her. His parents might not like the thought of dwarf grand babies in the future. Raising handicapped children can prove quite expensive, besides all of the social issues they will have to contend with too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, it sounds like something they would say.  Lol. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.  If he’s working full time, he should be able to afford half the rent.

Right? He should have been able to save enough money already to get a nice head start. Something else is going on there. 

I don't get why in Amber's eyes it's ok for Eliz to date an average size guy but she doesn't want Anna to? What is up with that? I understand Amber's explanation but why the double standard?  

Emma is growing up to be such a cute and smart girl. It's nice to see her come out of her shell. 

I think Jonah is putting up with his parents interference because he needs time to get himself together. Needs a place to live rent free for now, has to find a new job, etc... He seems to be so nice to his siblings now and that's a good sign. He will be gone soon enough. I wish him the best. That said, he has treated Ashely badly in the past and still treats her like an after thought. She's a sweetie and should probably move on.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

33K for a 5 year old car with 86,000 miles on it? Holy moly.. Jonah had a lot more patience with helping Alex and Emma with their driving, it was nice to see. I cringed when they were going to pull out that claw foot tub, but I understand due to their size its not practical. Trent and his sexual innuendos are gross. I do agree with above that I am pretty sure that Bryce's parents are the reason he isn't moving in now and maybe never..who knows. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Sorry, but I find Alex to be a smug asshole. He sure was impressed with himself...until he hit that mailbox. Emma is so sweet and her personality really is a contrast to Alex's petulance. 

Also, okay, Amber wants to find partners for her kids at this little people conference. I mean, whatever. But why does she feel it's her place to find someone for Joose? Maybe he doesn't want her intruding in on his private life. He HAS parents, Amber. Just shut it!

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 9

After seeing the way Trent and Amber are on tv, I can’t imagine how much worse they are in person.  Pity on those marrying into their family.  I would expect constant issues with their comments, judgment and control.  Do they ever just let others alone?  As the song goes, Let It Be.   Lol

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Anna has really grown on me.  I like her a lot.  Also, she is so cute and petite.  I think she has blossomed into a lovely young woman.

I thought the guy in the pet park was real in his attraction towards Anna, but he was just too tall.  She had to tilt her head all the way back just to look him in the face.  He looked like he was around 6'2 or so.  He was very comfortable talking to Anna but she had zero interest.

I remember Anna saying that dwarfs have large foreheads (and they do), but it makes me wonder why none of the females wear bangs.  Just a thought.

I do hope they televise the conference.  I would love to see Joose around hundreds of little people.  I think he's cute as a button and has a great personality.  He won't have any trouble attracting dates average and little.

Alex is too immature to think about dating and I don't believe he's interested in dating right now anyway.  Even Emma doesn't seem to be that thrilled about him.  I don't know why Amber is pushing the kids to date.  I think it's great they they each want to take their time and see what happens naturally instead of trying to force something to happend.

Bryce is not ready for an adult relationship - period.  His excuse was lame and all that talk about how much he loves Liz and really wants to be with her means nothing.  If they have chemistry between them, it's not coming across through my teevee.  It's his parents.  They might not be happy with the relationship at all and that's why their conversation with Elizabeth wasn't filmed - which I believe was their choice, not hers.

Bottom line is that I enjoy the show.  I have watched these children grow up and it's been fun.  I won't criticize Amber and Trent parenting because how many parents have a perfect report card when it comes to raising their children.  I know I don't.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

To me, Trent and Amber know better, but still insists on their controlling ways.  I’m not impressed.  They have some good qualities, but the overall message is sad.  And, I think they both have a mean streak.  

I’ve read some updates on happenings, but won’t provide here, since it’s not on the show yet.

I do hope we get to see the Little Person conference.  I hope Amber doesn’t bring up the issue they had with Anna at the conference a few years back.  It’s in the past and there’s no reason to continue berating Anna about it.  If it’s not mentioned, I’ll be delighted.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

With regards to prior LP conventions, I don't think cameras are allowed inside the conference.  They've only shown the family at their hotel, parks and attractions.  We've only seen them interacting with other LP that were known acquaintances.  For example, at the last conference, Emma's "good" friend, Lucca and Elizabeth's two girlfriends were a huge part of the storyline.  Can't help but wonder what happened with Emma and Lucca.  

• Useful 1

I think you're right Adeejay.  I recall seeing a conference and like you said, only the LPs who had a tv was shown with friends and acquaintances not inside the the conference area.  I can kind of understand the reasoning behind it, especially if some LPs see it as a venue to find a spouse or girl/boyfriend.  Not everyone is comfortable with a camera following them around being all up in their business. Lol.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Amber almost got perturbed when Anna said she wanted to date an average size man.  Amber didn’t like that at all.  I wonder if she’s jealous of who Anna might date.  Has she forgotten that Liz’s boyfriend is average size?  Lol

Am i crazy or does Amber seem to dislike Anna & Jonah and treats the rest of the siblings much nicer ? 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Anna says the relationship with her mom has greatly improved since she moved out.  To me, Anna is a delightful person, but when Amber is in her presence she acts like she needs a root canal.  Amber seems to want accolades for raising Anna, It’s sad and off putting.  

She seems perturbed with Jonah at times too.  I’ve noticed more of that since the recent incident that brought him home.  Before he moved out, I think she was frustrated with him that he didn’t cooperate with goals they set for him, like academic and job wise.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I felt bad for Liz this episode. She and Bryce planned on moving in together for so long. I do not think the decision was completely Bryce’s.  As someone already posted there’s a reason why the talk with his parents was not filmed. It is their prerogative, but speaks volumes. 

I was upset when Amber was so negative about Anna dating an average size person. Liz’s two relationships have been with average size men. Why the double standard? Looking at Anna’s IG that problem seems to have been resolved.

Jonah is so immature and treats Ashley poorly. Hopefully Ashley’s family have opened her eyes after watching the episode where Trent and Amber treat their daughter so poorly as well. Ashley seems like a nice young lady who is going to college and is looking forward to a life Jonah may never be able to provide. 

Now to that car. In what universe is a car with 86,000 miles worth $33,000? We have a similar mini SUV, 2020, under 20,000 miles. Kelly Blue Book trade in is $27,000. And they live in Georgia. WTAF.

Alex needs to pay attention to the road and stop patting himself on the back about his superior driving skills.

Sharing a car is OK since Emma and Alex are on the same grade/school schedule. What happens after school? Alex is dually enrolled at the State University. Emma must also have a social life. What happens then?

Amber, stop forcing your not ready to date children to find a spouse. Especially at a superficial place like a one week convention. Alex is perhaps a good 5-7 years in the future to be mature enough to date. If they organically meet someone, then fine. But it’s unfair to have them spend a week looking for a spouse, especially Emma and Alex. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 1

I remembered another thing when they were at the craft store, where Ana said she preferred average size guys, Amber said something to the effect that when she was dating and apparently she did a lot and was "older" than Ana, that lost me because I though she and Trent got married when they were 19 or 20. 

• Useful 1

I think Trent said the other kids’ cars were less expensive than they are now.   My brothers both got cars at 16.  My parents made the purchase, but they helped pay. I didn’t. I bought my own when I was 18 working and in school.  It really made me appreciate it too.  

• Like 1
On 9/30/2022 at 12:34 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Trent said the other kids’ cars were less expensive than they are now.   My brothers both got cars at 16.  My parents made the purchase, but they helped pay. I didn’t. I bought my own when I was 18 working and in school.  It really made me appreciate it too.  

Yes, Trent said the other three cars were between $6,000 to $7,000 each but that is impossible in today’s market.

I thought Jonah drove a full size truck like Trent. I was surprised to see him driving the red Ford Focus that Anna and Liz used to learn to drive. Well, Liz attempted to learn.

Edited by SMama