Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So Amber and Trent knew that Jonah suffered from severe anxiety and kicked him out, now they want him back home? Then they proceed to go through his phone? I get the concern, but wasn't he seeing a therapist? I do wish him well and hope he can get whatever is going on under control. Liz and Brice (they have been dating for 3 years, 2 months, 6 days, 11 hours and 39 seconds) are going to move in together, I wonder how long that will last before he gets tired of her know it all attitude. I enjoyed Ana and Emma segments. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So Amber and Trent knew that Jonah suffered from severe anxiety and kicked him out, now they want him back home? Then they proceed to go through his phone? I get the concern, but wasn't he seeing a therapist? I do wish him well and hope he can get whatever is going on under control. Liz and Brice (they have been dating for 3 years, 2 months, 6 days, 11 hours and 39 seconds) are going to move in together, I wonder how long that will last before he gets tired of her know it all attitude. I enjoyed Ana and Emma segments. 

Bolding mine - I really want to know what the hell that is all about. Ashley looked really pissed off when she heard that Amber and Trent had been reading through texts between her and Jonah (I would be too).

I thought Anna's eyebrows turned out well. I thought Amber's did not. They were way too dark and harsh. I was with Trent on this one. 

I feel bad for Jonah. Anxiety is a real bitch.

Brice - take your hat off when you are sitting down to dinner, ya goober.

Liz - as know it all as ever. 

I enjoyed Emma and Anna.

Alex - Meh. He didn't throw a tantrum, so that something I guess.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3

Don't Trent and Jonah work at the same car dealership? Why is Trent acting like he has no idea what is happening with Trent at work? 

Brice is looking slovenly and unkempt and needs a haircut. As controlling as Amber and Trent are I can't believe they didn't tell him to take off his damn hat. Event the kids were surprised at that. I live in the south and it's common to see men going to dinner in hats and Tshirts. I never liked it. Also, Brice, stop mumbling damn it!

When you have to spend half the episode showing the eyebrow microblading procedure you know there is not enough content to keep this show going. I guess the new season theme is to show how fun Amber can be and how she and Anna are good now. Look everybody! Amber is not as much of a bish as we all thought! Not buying it. 

Anna is still my favorite. She has a full, thriving life with work, school, pets and online business, too. No time for boyfriends right now! She's more together than any of them. Jonah could learn alot from watching her. Oh, and, her hair is amazing. I want!  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't Trent and Jonah work at the same car dealership? Why is Trent acting like he has no idea what is happening with Trent at work? 

Brice is looking slovenly and unkempt and needs a haircut. As controlling as Amber and Trent are I can't believe they didn't tell him to take off his damn hat. Event the kids were surprised at that. I live in the south and it's common to see men going to dinner in hats and Tshirts. I never liked it. Also, Brice, stop mumbling damn it!

When you have to spend half the episode showing the eyebrow microblading procedure you know there is not enough content to keep this show going. I guess the new season theme is to show how fun Amber can be and how she and Anna are good now. Look everybody! Amber is not as much of a bish as we all thought! Not buying it. 

Anna is still my favorite. She has a full, thriving life with work, school, pets and online business, too. No time for boyfriends right now! She's more together than any of them. Jonah could learn alot from watching her. Oh, and, her hair is amazing. I want!  

They both sell cars, but not at the same place.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I was totally aghast when watching the previews for the next episode. They went through his phone. In my opinion, that is not good parenting, that is a lack of boundaries. I had a mother like that and I can tell you firsthand what it is like when a parent doesn't know the difference between where they end and you begin. You do not learn how to establish boundaries, so, what you do is build WALLS. And there is a big difference between a boundary and a wall. No wonder he is anxious. I was absolutely appalled. And they not only violated his privacy they violated his girlfriend's privacy and, if I were her, I would get myself out of that relationship as quickly and expediently as possible.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

I really like Anna’s hair.  She seems to be doing well.  I hope she’s happy.  

Does Emma really think she can own a panda?  Lol

Trent and Amber seem to think they can fix Jonah.  Mental illness, substance abuse, etc.  are personal matters that he will need to be responsible for. They can’t control it, no matter how much they think they can.  The degree of control they exhibit is mind boggling.  It reminds me of my parents.  Ughh….It doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten counseling themselves to learn that you can’t fix other people.  

As far as the phone thing….i don’t know what was really going on with Jonah, but if things were really nefarious, the parents might have laid down certain conditions for Jonah to return to the house and they had to make sure he was being honest to allow it.  I get that.  You can’t let criminal activity come into your home.  And if people are drug addicted, they’ll lie about anything.  I’m not saying that’s what they had going on, but something seemed hinky.   

Why did Bryce appear so unkempt?  Odd.  

• Love 7

So I guess we will find out more as the season goes on about Ashley and Jonah, so from this episode it appeared to me that Jonah blamed his family for not seeing her more often? Sad thing is that he seemed to be doing well at the dealership and then all of a sudden he stopped working? Hopefully his lease was up anyway, I would feel bad for the roommate if Jonah left and was now responsible for the full rent. So Trent said they were piss assed broke before the show, they were fortunate to get said show otherwise they still would be in that other home with no 2nd floor and Amber wouldn't be buying 25.00 placemats and driving a 45K SUV and his 60K truck. Liz...who cares. I am glad that Emma and Anna are so close. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The guy is no prize. He never looks anybody in the eye, always has his head down. I don't see any personality with him. He looks like a slob. Get a haircut. Take the hat off. Dress better. Does he at least have a good job? Elizabeth is settling. But then again, she has somebody she can control so that must be what she wants. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I wonder what Elizabeth would have done, if her parents said Hell  NO.  We don’t approve of you shacking up!  Lol.   I guess they think the couple is living chaste now. Lol. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I really like Anna’s hair.  She seems to be doing well.  I hope she’s happy.  

Does Emma really think she can own a panda?  Lol

Trent and Amber seem to think they can fix Jonah.  Mental illness, substance abuse, etc.  are personal matters that he will need to be responsible for. They can’t control it, no matter how much they think they can.  The degree of control they exhibit is mind boggling.  It reminds me of my parents.  Ughh….It doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten counseling themselves to learn that you can’t fix other people.  

As far as the phone thing….i don’t know what was really going on with Jonah, but if things were really nefarious, the parents might have laid down certain conditions for Jonah to return to the house and they had to make sure he was being honest to allow it.  I get that.  You can’t let criminal activity come into your home.  And if people are drug addicted, they’ll lie about anything.  I’m not saying that’s what they had going on, but something seemed hinky.   

If Trent and Amber KNEW Jonah had anxiety issues his WHOLE life.. why didn't they do something EARLIER???  There are doctors and counselors out there.  

• Applause 6
  • Love 1

I don’t know the background with Jonah.  Maybe, he did get help earlier and stopped.   It’s difficult to get people inspired to treat mental health issues, imo.  At least, that’s been my experience with family members and friends who needed it.  They were very resistant to care…..resistant to meds, resistant to counseling, you name it.  They refused to get help, but don’t mind stressing others out with their behavior.  I’m not generalizing everyone who has mental health issues. This is just everyone that I know.  It’s unfortunate.  

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 8/24/2022 at 12:12 PM, bichonblitz said:

The guy is no prize. He never looks anybody in the eye, always has his head down. I don't see any personality with him. He looks like a slob. Get a haircut. Take the hat off. Dress better. Does he at least have a good job? Elizabeth is settling. But then again, she has somebody she can control so that must be what she wants. 

I think Elizabeth said he got his HVAC certification. He seems like a nice guy, so I'm not going to judge him on his appearance; there are way too many good people in my own blue collar family who don't dress well but are hard-working, decent people.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

HVAC is huge. I don’t know anyone who works in heating and cooling that isn’t super busy.  The money is pretty good, but the work is labor intensive, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Boston said:

If Trent and Amber KNEW Jonah had anxiety issues his WHOLE life.. why didn't they do something EARLIER???  There are doctors and counselors out there.  

Instead they chose to kick him out of the house. Then they take him back. No parent is perfect but they went about helping him in the wrong way. 

• Love 4

Amber said that their exchange student was going to join them at the Little People convention.  I’ve heard talk about other reality tv people attending, too. I wonder if they’ll all get together for a special show with all TLC little people in attendance.  I hope Jonah is able to attend.  

• Love 2

My DVR stopped 20 minutes into the show. What was in the text messages between Jonah and Ashley that Trent and Amber read? Ashley looked pissed in the previous. T&A need to learn boundaries. 

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, SMama said:

My DVR stopped 20 minutes into the show. What was in the text messages between Jonah and Ashley that Trent and Amber read? Ashley looked pissed in the previous. T&A need to learn boundaries. 

The episode with the text discussion hasn't aired yet. They did address the fact that Jonah had been using the family as a scapegoat whenever there was friction between him and Ashley. Jonah admitted to blaming the family for his own faults with Ashley. Trent did say in  that he didn't really care about Jonah and Ashley's relationship or how it turned out. (Ouch.) His first priority is getting Jonah better.

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2022 at 6:10 AM, Meh said:

Did Jonah say that being a dwarf is what makes him anxious? If so, that is going to be super hard to fix.

I imagine this is a problem with many dwarfs. The little people shows gloss over this issue and I wish they would not. Looking different and having physical challenges must be hard on adolescent dwarfs, some more than others  and kids can be so mean to each other.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Did Elizabeth appear really nervous on this episode?  She and her friends seemed to have fun in Nashville, but she still seemed really anxious at times.  Her voice even quivered.  She appeared the same way talking with Bryce at the end.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I’ll also add, why would you be so nervous to be around your long time girlfriend/boyfriend’s family.  They’ve know each other for years.  Why so nervous?  I don’t get it.  After meeting the parents a couple of times, I’m really comfortable.  Odd.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/25/2022 at 1:58 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what Elizabeth would have done, if her parents said Hell  NO.  We don’t approve of you shacking up!  Lol.   I guess they think the couple is living chaste now. Lol. 

Trent and Amber apparently never got the memo that says "You have 18 years turn that child of yours into a responsible adult - then all bets are off. So use that time wisely".

They seem to believe they can control the lives of their progeny indefinitely. I'm waiting and hoping for the day when one of their kids, after being told by their parents to do this or that, or not do this or that, says to them: "F*** off. I'm a self-supporting adult and you no longer have any authority over me or any choices I make. Deal".

On 8/24/2022 at 12:12 PM, bichonblitz said:

Or perhaps Brice doesn't like being on camera. Maybe he's a bit shy. He may have only agreed to participate because he loves Liz, and wanted to make sure he was in good standing with Trent and Amber. (Remember - Brice and Liz started their relationship after the show began, and Liz was under the age of 18. So her parents could have kept them apart if they hadn't liked Brice).

I can just imagine what Amber and Trent would have said about Brice had he refused to film. I'll bet the relationship between Brice and Liz would have been over before it even started.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It feels like this is becoming the Trent & Amber show and they aren't even likeable. I am glad that Alex has found a passion in journalism/broadcasting. I missed Emma this episode. I really hated when the 3 girls were in Nashville and people were asking to take pictures, I hope it was more about the camera being there then them being little people.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Trent and Amber apparently never got the memo that says "You have 18 years turn that child of yours into a responsible adult - then all bets are off. So use that time wisely".

They seem to believe they can control the lives of their progeny indefinitely. I'm waiting and hoping for the day when one of their kids, after being told by their parents to do this or that, or not do this or that, says to them: "F*** off. I'm a self-supporting adult and you no longer have any authority over me or any choices I make. Deal".

Or perhaps Brice doesn't like being on camera. Maybe he's a bit shy. He may have only agreed to participate because he loves Liz, and wanted to make sure he was in good standing with Trent and Amber. (Remember - Brice and Liz started their relationship after the show began, and Liz was under the age of 18. So her parents could have kept them apart if they hadn't liked Brice).

I can just imagine what Amber and Trent would have said about Brice had he refused to film. I'll bet the relationship between Brice and Liz would have been over before it even started.

I'll add to this by saying that I think it's creepy that Trent continues to involve himself/ask questions about sleeping arrangements between Liz and Brice. SHE. IS. A. GROWN. WOMAN. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

I'll add to this by saying that I think it's creepy that Trent continues to involve himself/ask questions about sleeping arrangements between Liz and Brice. SHE. IS. A. GROWN. WOMAN. 

Not to mention the fact that he can't really believe that her boyfriend is sleeping on the couch when he stays over for the weekend.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Kid said:

Not to mention the fact that he can't really believe that her boyfriend is sleeping on the couch when he stays over for the weekend.

I thought Liz said that it was her who slept on the couch.  I think at the very end she said that as she and Bryce were walking away.  And that it was due to her snoring.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Liz said that it was her who slept on the couch.  I think at the very end she said that as she and Bryce were walking away.  And that it was due to her snoring.  

In my humble opinion, no one is sleeping on the couch.  After all, they have been together for three years......  What is it exactly @Mahamid Frauded Me????

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 4

Are these people really telling 22 yr old Jonah whether he should or should not date? They are really crossing the line. I don't care if he's living in their house. HE'S 22! Back the fuck off. I don't think having a long distance girlfriend has anything to do with his problems. As long as he's helping around the house and going to therapy what more do Trent and Amber want? 

One thing I noticed about Jonah is that he is well spoken in his confessionals and when talking to his parents and sibs. He seems to think before he speaks and makes sense when he has something to say. He has taken ownership for his mistakes and seems to really want to be a better person. There is hope for him, I sincerely hope he finds his way. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

Maybe it’s a regional thing but I was confused when Liz referred to Brice’s kayak as a canoe. Two completely different vessels. 

I agree about the gall of Amber and Trent to meddle in Jonah’s love life. He is an adult, as are Liz and Anna. The parents really need to stop micromanaging Jonah, it adds to his anxiety and it doesn’t help with his recovery.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

I agree that Trent and Amber are overly controlling and obsessive, however, I wonder if there’s more going on than we are aware with Jonah.  I know that with some recovery programs, relationships are not encouraged for at least a year.  But, I thought that was for new relationships, not old ones.  Maybe, more will be revealed next week.  To me, the parents are so invested in controlling their children.   It has an unhealthy vibe to it, imo.  I think they are so hardwired for control, that change is unlikely.  My parents are sort of like that too, but not quite as bad.  It puts a strain in the family.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Quilty said:

The oldest son is a nervous talking to his parents. I even saw a twitch in his eye. God do these kids ever get to have fun?it’s all work!

Yeah….they do food eating contests, pet races, and large truck pulls.  Lol. Just kidding.  They did have that beach trip last season…..I recall they had boat rides, parasailing….but, I think that was done for the show.  I’m not sure how relaxing that would be.  Sort of like a working vacation.   

Didn’t Jonah used to speak his mind though?  I didn’t watch much then, but I recall reading that he was very sarcastic…….I think he and his dad used to have big arguments.  Please chime in if I’m recalling this incorrectly. 

• Love 1

Jonah did have big arguments with Trent, as he like Elizabeth, thought he knew everything? Amber and Trent seem angry more than anything with Jonah. I wonder if he was maybe doing drugs and blamed it on being anxious? It is like they are in a punishment mode right now more than anything. Why do they think they know how to treat anxiety? Telling him what he can not do? What is that counseling he is supposed to get? I don't like that this is all being done on national TV. I don't want Jonah to be suffering from anxiety, but on the other hand, I do hope it is not a made up story line that he will have to live down in his private life?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Some people self medicate with various drugs, including alcohol.  And others just experiment.  Now days that can be very dangerous as Jonah found out.  He was told it was one thing, but it turned out to be quite different than promised.  Drugs are often laced with Fentanyl and it can be deadly.  It’s killing young people every week in our local communities.  

• Sad 2

I was surprised that Alex is interested in becoming an announcer. Maybe it is just me, but I have a really hard time understanding a word that he says, as he talks so incredibly fast. Maybe speech therapy could slow him down some?  The show is so boring with the little fake made up scenarios.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I may be way off but I think Jonah is just lazy. He looks unkempt too.  Time to mature or mommy and daddy are always going to be managing your life. I'm just old school.  Long ago you were expected to leave the house, get work and create your life. You worked to overcome obstacles.  I know being a little person is challenging, but I knew a  little person who was in a wheelchair as well and was a successful drug rep.  He was a delightful person who really invested in his career and it showed. 

• Love 4

I know the parents are concerned over Jonah, with that drug incident and all, but I laughed when Amber and Trent said his girlfriend had texted about how controlling they  are!  Which is true!  Don’t they read what the viewers say about them?  Total control freaks!  I can’t see how Jonah is going to recover under their thumb.  It’s really unfortunate.  And, Jonah really did appear unkempt.  Depression, maybe.  I sense his girlfriend may tire of waiting for Jonah to mature.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know the parents are concerned over Jonah, with that drug incident and all, but I laughed when Amy and Trent said his girlfriend had texted about how controlling they  are!  Which is true!  Don’t they read what the viewers say about them?  Total control freaks!  I can’t see how Jonah is going to recover under their thumb.  It’s really unfortunate.  And, Jonah really did appear unkempt.  Depression, maybe.  I sense his girlfriend may tire of waiting for Jonah to mature.  

You're correct that depression can lead to not caring about yourself.  All this, though, makes for a story line that propels the show. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Meh said:

I was surprised that Alex is interested in becoming an announcer. Maybe it is just me, but I have a really hard time understanding a word that he says, as he talks so incredibly fast. Maybe speech therapy could slow him down some?  The show is so boring with the little fake made up scenarios.

I'm just an occasional, casual viewer of this show but I remember when they would have to use subtitles when Alex spoke because he really was that hard to understand.  So, I was also taken aback when he said he wanted to be an announcer.  Huh?  But then so far this season I have been really surprised at how much better he is at speaking; apart from his veeery speedy delivery.  I can actually understand him and no more subtitles!  Maybe it's the goal itself that is helping him along with his speech?  Or maybe it's just something has improved with age.  Either way, it's working for him. 

And good god, yes, this show is so boring.  Apart from them being a family of little people, what exactly is compelling viewers to keep tuning in after all these years?  Was the show maybe not boring when it started?  Or has it always been boring?  They just all seem so nice and normal for the most part.  Which is why these old as dirt, been done 100x before contrived story lines are soooo boring.  Oh, no!!  Husband snores!!  Hilarity ensues!!  Or not.

And anyone who has been devoted enough to tune in regularly all these years deserves a medal for being able to tolerate the father's voice that long.  Eesh.

• Love 2

What I’m curious about is how Emma and Anna make so much money selling online items.  They’ve touched on it, but that has my interests.  It seems that many people have wild success doing that.  How could it be that hard?  

• Love 1

Let me get this straight. Jonah and Ashley went 4 months without seeing each other and Trent and Amber think they need to slow down? WTF?  I think Ashley is a sweetheart and Jonah has not treated her well for a long time. I remember the family vacation they went on and he was awful to her. He's lucky she's willing to wait for him to get himself together. 

Why waste our time watching Eliz and Brice talk about going to have a talk with his parents when we don't even get to see it? Not enough content for hour long episodes. 

Brice got himself a haircut, took the hat off, had clean clothes on and actually carried on a conversation.  He looked nice. I take back all the shit talking I did about him! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Can't help but wonder what Ashley said about Amber in her texts to Jonah, because whatever she said sure has Amber peeved.  Ashley said she wants a husband and kids just like all her friends.  Not sure if she is going to get that with Jonah.  So, perhaps it's best if she walks away. 

I wonder if dog park guy and Anna ever got together.  

Hey Amber, Trent, just want you to know that Liz and Brice are having sex.  Deal.  

• Love 5

I wonder if Ashley has considered dating average height guys.  I think she’s from my state..NC.  I wonder if there are many little people in her community,  I’ve in the Triangle…Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill and have been for many years and I can’t recall but maybe seeing a couple little people.  8

Ashley is a lovely young woman who needs to cut her losses and go. As if Jonah’s treatment of her hasn’t been bad enough, now there are those text messages that T&A will never get past no matter how much Jonah improves—ham-fisted Amber will hold that over Ashley’s head the same way she rehashes Anna’s mistakes (perceived and otherwise) and who the H needs that?

• Applause 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, LaLa54 said:

Ashley is a lovely young woman who needs to cut her losses and go. As if Jonah’s treatment of her hasn’t been bad enough, now there are those text messages that T&A will never get past no matter how much Jonah improves—ham-fisted Amber will hold that over Ashley’s head the same way she rehashes Anna’s mistakes (perceived and otherwise) and who the H needs that?

I agree! Good lawd, did Ashley look pissed when Trent broke the news that He and Amber had gone through PRIVATE texts between Jonah and Ashley. I would have been pissed too. I'm surprised Jonah was so casual about it. That was a total violation of both Jonah and Ashley's privacy. And you are spot on - Amber will never be able to move past whatever Ashley called her. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6