Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

New episode....

Amber explains that they kicked out the oldest three in order to focus on the younger two without distractions and give them all their attention, so they bring in a third one upon whom A&T are going to impart all their worldly wisdom?  Makes as much sense as anything else those two froot loop parents do!

Also love how Amber and Anna's relationship has improved, according to Amber, because she "learned how Anna's brain works," and Anna "matured and realized that mom is always right"!

They are trying really hard to have a redemption season for Amber.  But the problem is we have seen how she acts for many seasons.

Going back to school because you need to keep your job, saying your adult daughter respects you more now that she has moved out and accepting an exchange student to keep your television series isn't redemption.  It feels more like desperation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

They need a kid to whom Amber can lecture who won't roll his or her eyes!  Trent likes to pontificate, too, so they need a fresh audience for that; one too polite or dependent on their largess to contradict.  And maybe they're doing a little matchmaking for Emma who's of dating age now, too.  That Fin is pretty cute!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Also love how Amber and Anna's relationship has improved, according to Amber, because she "learned how Anna's brain works," and Anna "matured and realized that mom is always right"!

This.

Learning how Anna’s brain works would have been especially beneficial about 10 years ago, but rock on, Amber🙄 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, LaLa54 said:

This.

Learning how Anna’s brain works would have been especially beneficial about 10 years ago, but rock on, Amber🙄 

Her implication is that there's something wrong with Anna's brain when, in fact, there's something wrong with Amber's soul.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
23 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What’s with Trent and his sex talk especially in front of the kids!

He comes home from work happy and horny???

JMO but I think he’s actually toned it down… he used to be much worse and in front of the kids 🙄

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Let’s just hope for his sake he doesn’t pick up the plural “I” as in “Trent and I’s.” 

Or the ever popular "expecially". Hope he also doesn't pick up their habit of referring to himself in the the third person constantly.

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 11/25/2021 at 9:01 AM, all4mom2 said:

I still say the kids are BUYING these houses with the TLC money.  Maybe they needed full-time jobs first in order to qualify for mortgages.

I am assuming the parents were forced to set aside money for kids' savings for filming because these kids make the show... Not the parents. If Amber and Trent were to quit tomorrow, the kids would be picked to carry on the show, and they could

• Love 2

To my knowledge, no law in Georgia forces the parents to do so, but perhaps they did so anyway.  Trent, at least, seems to have his kids' best interest at heart and an interest in making them financially savvy.  At any rate, once they're 18, they get their own paycheck from TLC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think Amber and Trent should just retire and pass the baton to their kids. I'm more interested in how the kids move forward and navigate life. I don't want to watch the misguided parents.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

To my knowledge, no law in Georgia forces the parents to do so, but perhaps they did so anyway.  Trent, at least, seems to have his kids' best interest at heart and an interest in making them financially savvy.  At any rate, once they're 18, they get their own paycheck from TLC.

Doesn't the performers' actra union (not sure of the union name) make employers set this up? Actors can't get acting jobs without a union/ agent.

Edited by Chalby

I just saw that 7 Little Johnston's plus the Fin is coming back on the 15th.

It will be interesting to see how much the three older kids participate in the show now that they have all moved out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I just saw that 7 Little Johnston's plus the Fin is coming back on the 15th.

It will be interesting to see how much the three older kids participate in the show now that they have all moved out.

Their contracts probably state they have to make a certain amount of appearances. It will be interesting to watch how cynical Amber is because she no longer has control over the three older kids.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

What is with these people and TikTok?  Every episode! 

It’s gotten to the point where their TikTok videos are obnoxious.  I can understand the kids liking to make the videos, but the parents? Ugh. 

This felt like an episode about nothing, until Joose arrived. He was the bright spot of the show. Poor kid couldn’t have chosen a worse family to learn English from, though.

So they’re going to teach this Finnish exchange student all about the US.  Literally an international incident waiting to happen. lol. Hopefully they will show him some legitimate historic locations, and/or things that he will enjoy. 

The scenes from next week’s episode look so cringe-worthy. They’re all in inflatable turkey costumes and are going to wrestle in a kiddie pool filled with cranberry sauce?!  I blame the parents. I wonder how much they’re being paid for their dignity? lol 

I still like the 3 adopted kids the best. Just saying….. 

• Love 8
On 3/16/2022 at 7:46 AM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I still like the 3 adopted kids the best. Just saying…

Me too.  Liz, thy name is smug!!!  What happened to her? She used to be delightful.  (@TipseyGirl, I wrote this before I saw yours. It looks like we are in total and complete agreement.  So I am keeping it.🤣🤣🤣🤣)

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Kid said:

Me too.  Liz, thy name is smug!!!  What happened to her? She used to be delightful.  (@TipseyGirl, I wrote this before I saw yours. It looks like we are in total and complete agreement.  So I am keeping it.🤣🤣🤣🤣)

:-) Great minds and all that. Smug is a word that very much defines Liz.

• Love 8

The one thing I took away from this last boring episode is that Trent needs to keep his facial hair.  I thought he looked more handsome.  But I am partial to facial hair on guys,  and 5 o'clock shadows.   (I''m thinking it's because my dad always had a moustache and sideburns 😁)

Edited by suev3333
Correction
  • Love 3
On 3/16/2022 at 1:50 AM, JDAlexander said:

What is with these people and TikTok?  Every episode! 

I don't watch the show anymore, I just check here occasionally to see if anything actually interesting happened with them (and it never does), but my take on their dumb TikTok videos is that it's all just to make a buck.  if they can get enough hits on them, they can make money as influencers.  It's really tiresome and their videos are never funny or clever, and I'm wondering if they actually do get enough views to make any money.

• Love 3

The only TikTok clip on Trent's auto account is the one from the photo booth; the ones they did at the dealership were never posted. Just for show/laughs

Elizabeth is so smug and annoying.

Amber loves kids and is a teacher? It seems like she can barely stand to be around her own. She's going to be even more stressed with going back for her bachelor's degree.

• Love 4

They have a lot of videos on their @team7lj tiktok account and I just looked and they do get a lot of hits on them. So I’m guessing they are making money, which means there will be no end in sight to seeing more on the show since I’m sure that helps to get more views. 

• Useful 1

I like the Finnish kid. He already speaks pretty good English. Room for improvement, yes, but it shouldn't be too difficult for him.  

Trent is jealous his son is better at selling cars than he is. They should be jumping for joy the kid found something he's good at. But nooooo...Trent has to get all competitive. 

Still love Anna and the two younger ones seem to have matured alot. No comment on know it all Liz. 

• Love 10
On 3/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, bichonblitz said:

I like the Finnish kid. He already speaks pretty good English. Room for improvement, yes, but it shouldn't be too difficult for him.  

I really like him too. Here's hoping that the Johnston stupidity doesn't rub off on him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

The show seems like a giant rerun these days.  

--They carve pumpkins

--Someone wears a costume to the bedroom

--They eat food

I guess the newness is Loose being a nice kid.

While I appreciate not seeing Amber trying to throw a kid out, it is pretty boring.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 10

Well not surprising that Liz has given up on that puppy she had last season, and no mention as I am sure if she still had him he would have been competing in the contest, because she is a competitive smug idiot. She was so stupid to take on a puppy while working full time and going to school. I hope it went to a good home. It is sad when she is becoming more unlikeable than Amber.  Just imagine if they didn't have Joose to add to the show, we would have all fallen asleep in less than 5 minutes. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

The show seems like a giant rerun these days.  

--They carve pumpkins

--Someone wears a costume to the bedroom

--They eat food

I guess the newness is Loose being a nice kid.

While I appreciate not seeing Amber trying to throw a kid out, it is pretty boring.

--Alex throws a fit

--Anna gets criticized

--Trent is inappropriate

--Liz behaves like a smug ass

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, LaLa54 said:

I vote that every time Elizabeth runs her smug mug yapper about Anna’s cooking skills, Anna gets to spray Liz with a can of Cheez Whiz. 

But that would be so unfair to the cheez whiz. 😂

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

How long have Liz and Bryce been dating? Oh right, she only mentions that every time she speaks.

And did you know that besides having a boyfriend she also goes to school and has a job and lives away from Mom & Dad? Because there are literally no other 20 year olds who do all of that simultaneously!😜 (There are, however, plenty of 20 year olds who do all of that simultaneously without the luxury of having their residences and other safety nets provided for with supplemental income from a tv show😏)

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

All that gagging, retching and spitting out of the Finnish snacks was so damn rude! What a way to make Joose feel welcome in his host family home. When he tried the aerosol cheese on a cracker, he didn't make a big scene about hating it. The idea of licorice and salt sounds unpleasant to me, but if I had grown up eating it, maybe I'd feel differently.

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

All that gagging, retching and spitting out of the Finnish snacks was so damn rude! What a way to make Joose feel welcome in his host family home. When he tried the aerosol cheese on a cracker, he didn't make a big scene about hating it. The idea of licorice and salt sounds unpleasant to me, but if I had grown up eating it, maybe I'd feel differently.

100%. So disrespectful. I felt bad for Joose.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I concur. Their reactions were childish.

It would be nice if Josse could be introduced to some actual homemade Southern meals but I don’t see that happening unless they eat at someone else’s house. I think having an exchange student in your home is certainly reason enough to try even if you’re not used to cooking like that—the experience could be fun for all of them…barring tantrums, eye-rolling, attitude and condescending remarks of course. So yeah…not happening. Sorry, Josse.

• Love 8
On 3/18/2022 at 12:56 PM, ShortyMac said:

The only TikTok clip on Trent's auto account is the one from the photo booth; the ones they did at the dealership were never posted. Just for show/laughs

I noticed that! I went to both TikTok accounts (TeamLJ and Trent’s auto biz) and didn’t see anything. They just did all that for show. 

Anyway, I’m watching it now and I had to pause it to come write how embarrassed and disgusted I am by these hillbillies. They were so rude about his food. Pretending to be retching and saying some foods smell like doo-doo is the most disrespectful way to act. They’re so uncultured for people who supposedly have kids from different countries and traveled there to get them. I’m getting sick of this show and may kick it to the curb like I did Outdaughtered. 

These people can’t go 1 segment without mentioning farts or poop. 

ETA: Ambers laugh is annoying. Really annoying. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 10

Okay, was it obvious that this episode was more producer shennanigans?  Yes! But I totally laughed my ass off at the backyard "Olympics". Trent dumping all that water fully on his face cracked me up. I probably watched that over and over again more times than I care to admit. Also, Joose's victory dances were LIFE. I can't help but really like him. 

Of course Liz was once again a smug ass know-it-all. I didn't like the way she sniped at Joose for "breaking the floor". She is such a kill joy. Shut it, Liz.

Also, everyone's country was represented...except for Anna's. I'm sure Amber had nothing to do with that. She is such a turd.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I am right beside you @TipseyGirl I laughed my butt off when Trent, Amber and the all knowing Liz all went down during the challenge. I also noticed that Russia wasn't included (rightfully so at this moment) but this was filmed a while ago, so I was sad that Anna's homeland was not represented. I really love Joose and I am glad that he at least had a good time

• Love 12

While Joose seems like a good kid he isn't enough to get me to enjoy this dumpster fire.

I like holiday shows so I watched last night.  Turkey wrestling in cranberry sauce and Anna and Liz buying homes isn't that interesting. And neither is her missing Thanksgiving dinner because she is hung over.

Now, Big Daddy and Jonah not being able to sell cars because of the pandemic or Liz buying a home with her boyfriend out of wedlock.  Those are more interesting conversations.

• Love 6