Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Once again Amber puts off knowing more about her test because she claims she is all about the kids, sure Jan. Yet she basically is pushing the 3 older out the door. I think the rental homes for the girls are cute, Elizabeth looks to be decorating in Ambers style. They do realize when the kids leave the nest, the show is over for Amber and Trent. I probably would enjoy seeing the girls on their own. The way Elizabeth talks just annoys me, like she has this sense of entitlement or something, can't quit put my finger on it  

• Love 10

I wonder how long Trent and Amber will be able to tolerate each other once they have no children to deal with.  I don’t care for either of them, now that I’ve seen their real personalities.  I get the feeling the adult children will tolerate them in small doses when they have to.  

I do wonder how Anna will survive on a childcare teacher’s salary, alone. Even full time, its very low in rural, southern facilities.  I guess she’s counting on her side incomes too.  

I thought making those trashy signs was a waste.  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Once again Amber puts off knowing more about her test because she claims she is all about the kids, sure Jan. Yet she basically is pushing the 3 older out the door. I think the rental homes for the girls are cute, Elizabeth looks to be decorating in Ambers style. They do realize when the kids leave the nest, the show is over for Amber and Trent. I probably would enjoy seeing the girls on their own. The way Elizabeth talks just annoys me, like she has this sense of entitlement or something, can't quit put my finger on it  

Elizabeth, much like her mother, is a know-it-all.

Her parents' fixation on her intimate relationship with Bryce is so weird. 

• Love 8

I don’t get the cancer thing.  The sooner they get it out, the better the chances they get all of it and there is no need for chemo or radiation.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder how long Trent and Amber will be able to tolerate each other once they have no children to deal with.  I don’t care for either of them, now that I’ve seen their real personalities.  I get the feeling the adult children will tolerate them in small doses when they have to.  

I do wonder how Anna will survive on a childcare teacher’s salary, alone. Even full time, its very low in rural, southern facilities.  I guess she’s counting on her side incomes too.  

I thought making those trashy signs was a waste.  

I would love the older kids to share a house or apartment.  I would watch that show.

I'd even be okay with them stopping by Trent and Amber's house to prank them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2021 at 4:41 PM, Teriacky said:

I find it weird that Amber and Trent feel the need to “approve” any living space that Elizabeth (and Anna) want to rent. My parents never saw any of my apartments/houses until after I had moved in and invited them over. AND I WAS AN ONLY CHILD!! 

I HAVE an only child, and I didn't see her places until I was invited AND I am paying her rent, lol. But, it's called trust and wings, I believe in her to make the proper, safe choices and don't need to helicopter over her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Jonah just got a reprieve from getting thrown out of the house because he is needed in the house when Amber gets surgery to excise her melanoma, the reconstructive surgery to fill the crater left by surgery and post surgical cancer therapies to be determined.

Amber’s thinking she can wait a month will be shot down by her oncologist who will educate her on expediency.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't know, but I hope that the adult kids are getting paid separately for the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Why are the girls renting houses instead of apartments? Especially since neither one seems to have any furniture?

While they were living home, they rented a storage unit to put their furniture they accumulated from donations and flea markets.  Maybe they didn't get a chance to move it in yet.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, druzy said:

While they were living home, they rented a storage unit to put their furniture they accumulated from donations and flea markets.  Maybe they didn't get a chance to move it in yet.

They stopped by and got some things out for Elizabeth, but I recall the girls talking some time ago...maybe last season, about their storage unit and they said they were going to refinish the pieces they bought and sell them for profit.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

She was cutting up peppers, but how do you make them stuffed? Those would be lovely for some skewers. I am not familiar with the area they live in, but why houses? I grew up in a town that there really wasn't that many apartment complexes at all, lots of above store apartments and converted homes into duplexes. When I moved into more of an urban city with apartments basically on every corner, my parents said "no first floor" for safety reasons.  I guess Anna dropped out of college if she is moving into a rental, which makes me sad. Hopefully she will continue her education, and Jonah needs to get one as well.

• Love 5
On 7/14/2021 at 7:03 AM, Lesia said:

How is it that these people have time to do all these projects?  The toilet paper gun thing, the photo shoot, the cooking competitions, scavenger hunts, the sign making, gazebo building, the Tik Tok stuff... do they have jobs? It's getting aggravating.  I guess the TLC income stream is high, but then they leave their jobs and then there is nothing for them to film so they have to make stuff up.  So stupid.

It's odd- I feel like all the little people shows, all they do is projects. The Rolloff's were always busy doing something. Also, is it me or do they play the Baby Elephant Walk a lot when they are doing said things? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I thought she said she was making stuffed peppers when Trent asked. 

Ref. the rentals...I suppose that complexes require a credit history and a private owner renting out their private property out may not.   Also, they may have more flexibility with a filming crew on a private lot than in an apt complex.  

• Love 5

In Tuesday's episode Amber says she is doing the yard work photos for Liz's new house so that Jonah and Anna have a lightbulb moment that they don't want to do it anymore and move out.  

Later Trent says the only one they want to move out is Jonah so he can get himself together and squared away.

Amber then says they are not making Anna and Elizabeth move out or pushing them to move out, they willing want to move out.

I feel like Trent is fine with the kids staying and Amber is pushing for them to leave.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Semanire said:

I hope Liz and Brice had great loud sex the first night in her own place. 

So that it can be heard all the way to her parents’  house???🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

In Tuesday's episode Amber says she is doing the yard work photos for Liz's new house so that Jonah and Anna have a lightbulb moment that they don't want to do it anymore and move out.  

Later Trent says the only one they want to move out is Jonah so he can get himself together and squared away.

Amber then says they are not making Anna and Elizabeth move out or pushing them to move out, they willing want to move out.

I feel like Trent is fine with the kids staying and Amber is pushing for them to leave.

I think the way Trent and Amber behave says more about what they really think.  They  seem like much older people than they are....so stern, stubborn, controlling. Then throw in mean. I wonder if they still attend church.  

• Love 6
On 7/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She was cutting up peppers, but how do you make them stuffed? Those would be lovely for some skewers. I am not familiar with the area they live in, but why houses? I grew up in a town that there really wasn't that many apartment complexes at all, lots of above store apartments and converted homes into duplexes. When I moved into more of an urban city with apartments basically on every corner, my parents said "no first floor" for safety reasons.  I guess Anna dropped out of college if she is moving into a rental, which makes me sad. Hopefully she will continue her education, and Jonah needs to get one as well.

I've been served "stuffed" peppers at friends' houses before where they take a jalapeno, cut off the stem and cut it in half. Fill it with a cream cheese mixture and sometimes wrap a piece of bacon around it. Toss it under the broiler or on the grill. Maybe that was similar to what she was making?

Growing up, Mom used to take a big bell pepper, cut off the stem and seeds. Stuffed it with a meatloaf like mixture, poured tomato sauce over the top and baked. I cannot eat green bell peppers to this day (decades and decades later).

Amber massacred those peppers. She cut almost half the pepper off instead of just cutting out the stem and seeds. What she had left wouldn't hold piddly-squat. Any filling would all fall out. With the type of peppers she was using, you could use a seafood salad or tuna salad type mixture without cooking them.

• Love 4
On 7/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, winsomeone said:

Anna and Liz will both have yard work since they rented houses.

Depends on the lease.  Lots of landlords have a "yard man" for their properties and just add the cost to the rent.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, PDXlulu said:

I think Amber is just tired of the laziness, entitlement, and disrespect the older kids keep showing her. I'd be showing them the door if that were my kids 

• Love 3

I thought Amber prepared yard work photos, but not of her doing work at Elizabeth’s place, but as a gift to Elizabeth.  I’d rewatch, but can’t take it,  I guess she wanted to inspire Jonah and Anna to do yard work at their home. I suppose doing yard work at that house is fair. They can earn their keep. 😩It’s difficult to imagine as Amber is so toxic, I’d struggle to comply with her orders. Still, it’s her house.  Hopefully, Anna can escape.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

It makes me think Jonah must be doing great!

You don't give up a secure career with a pension and benefits - in your 40s - to work on commission; if you're smart, that is!  Unless you're whipped and your nagging wife finally made you (this isn't the first time she's tried it; "refinished furniture")...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

You don't give up a secure career with a pension and benefits - in your 40s - to work on commission; if you're smart, that is!  Unless you're whipped and your nagging wife finally made you (this isn't the first time she's tried it; "refinished furniture")...

I agree. Maybe he really didn't have such a great job. Remember when everyone thought Jonah was such a genius but the parents had to come clean about how he was failing in school. I think the parents tell tall tales.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, druzy said:

I agree. Maybe he really didn't have such a great job. Remember when everyone thought Jonah was such a genius but the parents had to come clean about how he was failing in school. I think the parents tell tall tales.

He is (if this is just a storyline) or was Assistant Director of Landscaping at a local college or university - USG, I think - for enough years to be well vested in their retirement plan...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1

Okay, I sleuthed just a bit, all on public sites.

Clayton State University posted an opening for an Asst. Director of Landscape management within the last 30 days.  One of the jobs sites estimated the salary at $50-65K.  So this would be in addition to the TLC money.

Trent started the job with Clayton State 5 years ago, so he probably would already be vested in their 403(b) and the savings are portable.  Assuming that the dealership has no retirement he can switch to an IRA. If the Johnstons structured their TLC deal well, and set up an LLC, they should have a SEP ira and are putting away 25% of what they get from TLC.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

Okay, I sleuthed just a bit, all on public sites.

Clayton State University posted an opening for an Asst. Director of Landscape management within the last 30 days.  One of the jobs sites estimated the salary at $50-65K.  So this would be in addition to the TLC money.

Trent started the job with Clayton State 5 years ago, so he probably would already be vested in their 403(b) and the savings are portable.  Assuming that the dealership has no retirement he can switch to an IRA. If the Johnstons structured their TLC deal well, and set up an LLC, they should have a SEP ira and are putting away 25% of what they get from TLC.

Not all pension plans are portable, and you pay mega-taxes when you make a lump-sum withdrawal.  And what about health and life insurance?  Still not a smart move, IMHO, but I guess he's counting on TLC paying the bills forever...

Good luck with that as boring and unpleasant as the show has become lately!

While you were sleuthing, did you find out what he did before this position?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Not all pension plans are portable, and you pay mega-taxes when you make a lump-sum withdrawal.  And what about health and life insurance?  Still not a smart move, IMHO, but I guess he's counting on TLC paying the bills forever...

Good luck with that as boring and unpleasant as the show has become lately!

While you were sleuthing, did you find out what he did before this position?

Since Trent would have had a 403(b) at Clayton and not a pension he would be able to roll it over into an IRA and lose nothing.

When I looked yesterday he didn't have any other employment listed.  On the positive side, Amber is supposed to be working with the local school district so she probably has amazing benefits.

• Love 2

Amber tends to jump around a lot (furniture refinisher, realtor, now computer lab aide); I wouldn't count on her to carry the family health insurance with two kids still at home and probably more still on their policy.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Anyone see the new teaser? Amber and Trent strongly hint that they are adopting another child. I don't believe them.

Me, neither. They've said that before. Also, I hope they don't adopt more kids they don't like.

• Love 7
On 10/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, winsomeone said:

She is getting rid of most of the kids, so will need replacements to keep the show going? Sad!

Unless they give Elizabeth and Jonah "permission" to marry so they can start popping out grandkids.  It's working for the Roloffs!

• Useful 3

I call BS on several of the new storylines for the upcoming season.  How was Jonah able to buy a house totally on his own when the majority of his annual income is commission and he has not been employed full-time for any length of time?  Plus, my next door neighbor runs the used car sales dept. of a major dealership in northern NJ and there is NO INVENTORY to sell. They are begging people to trade in their vehicles that are 3-5 years old and giving them huge incentives like a ten-year warranty on new cars, etc.  There is approximately a six-month wait if you want to purchase a brand new car in this area.  For some reason, new Subarus are  more readily available but there is still a waiting time of several months.  Therefore, Jonah and Trent might be  making a higher commission on each sale but the total volume of cars sold this year is substantially lower than usual.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1