Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, seasons said:

Her parents may not be thrilled with her visiting if he gets his own place.

Jonah is 21, presumably Ashley is the same, or close to it.   Her parents don't need to be "thrilled" or anything else about what their adult daughter does.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Quof said:

Jonah is 21, presumably Ashley is the same, or close to it.   Her parents don't need to be "thrilled" or anything else about what their adult daughter does.  

I took it to mean we can see that Jonah has a nasty side and we don’t know how he would behave towards Ashley if he lost his temper without the cameras or his parents around 😬

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m really impressed by Anna’s work ethic and her desire to get out on her own. We’re rooting for you!

Good lord, Amber. I think she’s got major jealousy issues. Anna is showing that she’s really capable of making something of herself and I think Amber can’t stand it. 

I agree that Elizabeth was coddling Alex a bit but I liked that she seemed to be sticking up for her siblings and was somewhat of a voice of reason. Alex was being a little silly and it went the wrong way. It wasn’t a reason for Tramber to come down on him for it and ruin the vibe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I wonder if Amber's challenges with her birth parents reflect in her relationships with her own children.  She worries about lack of trust, respect and acceptance so she demands it.  She lived with her mother at the beach (were they homeless?), and had no relationship with her dad.  She worries about her birth father not wanting her.  Since she chose Anna, since she wanted Anna, she expects respect and trust.  Unfortunately, respect and trust need to be earned and young people have a hard time giving them freely.  

The therapist told Amber to stop confiding in (burdening) Jonah about the challenges in her relationship with her children, so she has moved to Liz.  Liz sees her future, so she isn't going to engage and risk derailing her plans.  Amber should be talking with Trent or a family counselor.

But Trent seems to have a more balanced view of the Anna-Amber conflicts.

The show has gone from light-hearted and fun to more difficult to watch. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Good lord, Amber. I think she’s got major jealousy issues. Anna is showing that she’s really capable of making something of herself and I think Amber can’t stand it. 

But Why? Anna is her child, she should be so proud of the things Anna wants to accomplish. Don't we all want to see our kids have goals, become independant, work hard to achieve their dreams? I hope when Amber looks at these episodes and listens to what Anna has to say in her confessionals she has a change of heart. Anna comes off as the level headed one and Amber the asshole. Way to go, Amber. 

Amber unloading her issues on to Elizabeth. Worst thing a parent can do. You tell one kid about the problems with the other kid? Who in the fuck does that????? I think Amber is sick. She is not equipped to handle 5 kids. I have to wonder why they ever wanted so many kids to begin with. 

I can see the parents going hard on Jonah because he has no direction and is lazy. He needs a swift kick in the ass so I'm all for it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Trent and Amber thought they had it all figured out when it came to parenting but to their shock the daughter they have the least confidence and have shown the least support is the only one still in college...scapegoat Anna.

Liz has not been accepted into Nursing School but is just trying to earn enough money to afford to get out of Dodge since she hates the tension in the house.

She should be painting as much as possible so the fans can fill her bank account.

One hour to do a canvas can land her the equivalent of 3 hours of back breaking nursing home aide duties.

Realistically, she should be getting her college credits to apply to Nursing School because having a BSN is a living wage.

Hourly pay as a nurse aide is not enough to live own especially if she is paying full freight and out of free food, rent and other expenses.

Jonah has manage to do as little as possible to delay getting the boot out of the house...a part time job...enough for pocket money but not enough to save up for a deposit, rent, food, utilities, etc.

He should go back to community college to rehab his gpa and get a college degree to shut his parents up.

The audience wants Anna to succeed even though Amber will hog all the glory and said it was because of her pushing and tough love...sigh...

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Amber seems to want to be right rather than happy. Sometimes in parenting, we have to exert our will as the parent, but sometimes we have to back off and let our kids practice being adults. I remember an episode when Anna was 16ish and Amber kept arguing with her about wearing a jacket. Why? A 16 year old knows whether she’s cold, but Amber had to exert her will about that. IMO, with teenagers, you save your fights and exert your will when it’s really important. It’s like she looks for fights and slights with Anna. And, I get why Amber suggested Anna substitute teach, but if she tried it and prefers working at a day care, why fight about that? She’s already showing more maturity and ambition than Jonah. It breaks my heart that Anna feels like she has to move out to have a good relationship with her mother. 

• Love 18
20 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I didn't watch last season, so the kids have grown up over night for me!  And yet Alex still cries and sulks like a baby if he receives correction/gets yelled at?  Come on!!  I didn't like how the other kids were running interference for him, telling him it's ok, basically involving themselves when it wasn't necessary.  That's a really weird dynamic.

The Amber/Anna dynamic is weird, too.  If Amber's narrative that Anna is much less-prepared than Liz to move out, I don't see a problem with her being less enthusiastic about it.  But she also knows her child and maybe should frame her concerns differently so as not to trigger her.  

While I didn't watch last season I did read all the comments here, and I thought posters were being super-hard on Amber.  After the episode tonight, I'm wondering if I was wrong about everyone here being wrong about Amber.  Man, was she sour tonight....

What's really going on in that household?  All the kids seems to dislike their parents on some level, especially Amber.  Wow.

7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m really impressed by Anna’s work ethic and her desire to get out on her own. We’re rooting for you!

I agree that Elizabeth was coddling Alex a bit but I liked that she seemed to be sticking up for her siblings and was somewhat of a voice of reason. Alex was being a little silly and it went the wrong way. It wasn’t a reason for Tramber to come down on him for it and ruin the vibe.

I couldn't help but feel like the other kids were running to Alex's side for a reason we're just not seeing. Honestly, I think they all see how Amber treats Anna and have realized it's too late to save that sinking ship, but know that Alex has no choice but to stay in the home so they banded together to save him from Amber's hostility. 

3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Amber seems to want to be right rather than happy. Sometimes in parenting, we have to exert our will as the parent, but sometimes we have to back off and let our kids practice being adults. I remember an episode when Anna was 16ish and Amber kept arguing with her about wearing a jacket. Why? A 16 year old knows whether she’s cold, but Amber had to exert her will about that. IMO, with teenagers, you save your fights and exert your will when it’s really important. It’s like she looks for fights and slights with Anna. And, I get why Amber suggested Anna substitute teach, but if she tried it and prefers working at a day care, why fight about that? She’s already showing more maturity and ambition than Jonah. It breaks my heart that Anna feels like she has to move out to have a good relationship with her mother. 

Both Trent and Amber do this, Amber obviously more so than Trent. They talk a big game about responsibility and trust, but only marginally trust one of their kids (and don't trust the rest at all) and flat out refuse to even accept that their kids can be responsible. And god forbid if their very rigid ideas for their kids aren't what the kids want or done to their very exact specifications. Again, I think there's a reason why not only was Anna afraid to tell Amber she didn't like or want to substitute, she literally whispered her answer to the producer in her talking head interview. It's becoming more and more apparent that the wrath of Amber has the kids on eggshells. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, seasons said:

Amber and Amy Roloff need to get together. Sourpuss party. 😣

They do know each other.  In an early episode of LPBW there is a scene where Amber and another women were talking with Matt.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Don't like Amber going to Elizabeth for emotional support. I think Anna feels obligated to do what Amber wants because she and Trent are paying for college.

So sad that Anna and Elizabeth are rushing to move out. It speaks to the family dynamics.

Not surprised that Trent and Amber charge their kids for rent and utilities while they're in school. If they all were just working PT like Jonah, that's one thing. They should be allowed to save that money (or surprise them and give it back to them to spend when they move out). 

Alex is in high school, and still pouts like a baby, sheesh.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Like Trent said, Amber was only 21 when they had Jonah. She might be jealous and resentful of her kids not being tied down with huge responsibilities of parenting at their ages, like she was. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I took it to mean we can see that Jonah has a nasty side and we don’t know how he would behave towards Ashley if he lost his temper without the cameras or his parents around 😬

Yes, thanks for clarifying, @RedDelicious! 👍

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I couldn't help but feel like the other kids were running to Alex's side for a reason we're just not seeing. Honestly, I think they all see how Amber treats Anna and have realized it's too late to save that sinking ship, but know that Alex has no choice but to stay in the home so they banded together to save him from Amber's hostility. 

I agree with this. The look on Elizabeth's face when that happened told me something more is going on. 😥

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, kitkat68 said:

I agree with this. The look on Elizabeth's face when that happened told me something more is going on. 😥

In the preview when Amber says, "I am the most selfless person in this house!" I definitely thought there is more going on in this family than TikTok videos and cooking competitions.  Trent was just pointing out that not following up on precancerous cells was selfish.  It was a strong response to someone express concern over her health.

• Love 6

Here is what don’t understand.  Jonah lays around like a slug most of the time.  Quit college, works part time, nasty personality.  Absolutely no ambition.  

Anna is bright, energetic, and wants to work as many hours as she can get while going to school.  And Amber constantly has a hard on about her.

It is Amy Roloff all over again.

• Love 12

I always did think something bad is going on in that house. I had the  feeling that the girls did all of the work, and that Amy is quite abusive to all of them. They act half afraid of her. She thinks she is an expert on everything. and no one else's opinion matters at all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

I always did think something bad is going on in that house. I had the  feeling that the girls did all of the work, and that Amy is quite abusive to all of them. They act half afraid of her. She thinks she is an expert on everything. and no one else's opinion matters at all.

I agree, even for the golden child Elizabeth to want to move out, tells me something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Just watched the episode.   I understand all families are complicated, hell my family  has issues, all families have issues, but this family is toxic !    Anna needs to move out and live her own life.  I agree with someone upthread saying Amber is jealous of Anna.    The talk Amber had with Liz was just a way of her trying to turn Liz against her sister.  As a mother that's a horrible thing to do.    

• Love 11

What I don’t get is why Amber never adjusts her attitude when filming. Every season she has the benefit of seeing how she comes across and how the viewers perceive her. She must really think highly of herself, that everyone is wrong, or she would make herself appear more likable and less like a shew who enjoys attacking Anna. Does she really believe she is successfully making Anna look like a horrible person and while she looks like a loving mother? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I thought Jonas's keg party was a really bad idea. Who encourages their son to drink until they pass out? Here you have a kid that has pretty much failed at everything, and you encourage him to drink excessively? Teaching him to drink away his problems maybe?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Did Anna get a two year degree, and is now working on a bachelor's online? From what Amber always said, I got the impression that Anna was slow, and even went to  special school. Guess that is another lie. Maybe Anna prefers the pre-school as the kids there treat her okay..she might have problems being a dwarf in the regular school grades? It also might limit the kind of work Jonas is suited for?

• Love 6
(edited)

I decided to watch the show and have some impressions.  

I hope that Anna does complete her education and is able to get work that she enjoys.  If you own your own childcare facility, you can make a very good income.  I know people who have done this and have been very financially successful, however, it often doesn’t pay that well or provide much in the way of benefits for the employees.  Hopefully, she can hold on until her campus opens up again.  

I watched the Alex on the floor scene twice and he was not dragging his shoes on the floor. Amber’s remarks were unnecessary, as if she said nothing he would have reached the board with no damage to the floor.  Then, for Trent to angrily jump in.....so uncalled for.  I also thought that throwing the gifts to the children was rude and disrespectful. Elizabeth actually called her dad out on this.  It’s obvious that the parents are not acting like parents and that they have very poor judgment, despite their contentions.  

It’s really sad, but I fear that as the children get older and engage with therapists on their own accord, they will question if their mother suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  She seems to display many traits.  If that is what she has, it’s not something that is easily changed.  These people enjoy bringing pain and controlling those around them.  Prayers for the kids.  I can’t see Amber changing.

I get why parents might want an adult child to gain independence and become financially stable, however, I’ve never personally known any parent who insist that their adult child move out from their home.  It just strikes me as weird for parents to be that intent on their kids moving out, unless there’s some kind of safety issue. 

It’s good the siblings have each other.  Maybe a show of them without Trent and Amber would be better.  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11

Fuck Amber. I teared up at poor Anna crying and asking the crew what she did to make her mom so mad. Amber needs to see a therapist. She has some serious demons in her. Anna can never do right in Amber's warped mind. 

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, Hero said:

Fuck Amber. I teared up at poor Anna crying and asking the crew what she did to make her mom so mad. Amber needs to see a therapist. She has some serious demons in her. Anna can never do right in Amber's warped mind. 

That whole scene was heartbreaking. I was tearing  up with Anna too. She couldn't even get the slightest bit of support or approval from Amber. She wasn't asking for a party, she was just asking for her plan to not be pissed all over and set on fire with a blow torch. Here's what I don't get, why the hell do they seem to think Amber has ANY say over if they move out or not? Amber's sure as hell not going to help Anna in any way, shape, or form, so Anna needs to just get out of that toxic house as soon as possible if she hasn't already. I couldn't help but notice Elizabeth was told she could take her desk, but Anna was told she needed to find one. Because it can't be said enough, fuck you, Amber, you hateful bitch. 

• Love 18

I hope Anna can afford to live on her own.  If Amber had an ounce of compassion, she could have gotten her point across without raining on the parade.  To me, Amber relishes the idea of bullying and degrading Anna.  She just has to prove her point, come out on top and shake her finger at Anna.  It’s painful to watch.  The thing is, I bet Amber watches it and says, See, I Am the victim!  She is not self-aware at all.   

• Love 15
On 5/26/2021 at 2:52 PM, readheaded said:

I remember an episode when Anna was 16ish and Amber kept arguing with her about wearing a jacket. Why? A 16 year old knows whether she’s cold, but Amber had to exert her will about that.

I posted about that incident as well after the episode that included that scene aired. It was such a good example of how much micromanaging of their kids both Amber and Trent do. 

If you still think you need to tell your kids how to dress for the weather past the age of nine, you're doing parenting all wrong.

The best teacher is natural consequences, and parents should step aside and allow their children to experience the natural consequences of their actions as long as those natural consequences don't include the possiblity of serious injury or death.

It's baffling to me why Amber thinks the end result of her micromanaging will be adult children who have the necessary skills to manage themselves successfully, despite never being allowed to develop those skills as children. I would so much like to ask her!

I suspect the parent's micromanaging is the reason why Jonah is the way he is; if your parents have always told you when and how to do everything, you don't develop organizational skills, learn how to prioritize or ways to motivate yourself to do things you don't want to do but have to do regardless.

Amber saying her three oldest are "almost" adults proves just how much both she and Trent want to continue to control their kids. Anna and Elizabeth are 20; Jonah is 21. All three of them are adults, and have been for two and three years respectively. None of them need to have permission from their parents to move out (as long as they aren't receiving any help from their parents to do so). 

They also don't need their parents to approve the place they want to move to (because I suspect Amber and Trent are going to insist on that as a condition for at least Anna, and possibly for Elizabeth, too).

I suspect once Anna becomes self-supporting and moves out, unless her relationship with Amber makes a 180° change for the better, 10 years down the road from now Amber will have become Anna's estranged mother.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Hero said:

When she sought comfort from the dog . . .  There’s a reason kids and dogs are drawn to Anna. She’s a good egg. 

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope Anna can afford to live on her own.  If Amber had an ounce of compassion, she could have gotten her point across without raining on the parade.  To me, Amber relishes the idea of bullying and degrading Anna.  She just has to prove her point, come out on top and shake her finger at Anna.  It’s painful to watch.  The thing is, I bet Amber watches it and says, See, I Am the victim!  She is not self-aware at all.   

Anna could afford to move out of her parents would give her a share of the show profits. I would hazard a guess that Anna is a, if not the, favorite of those who follow the show. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

When she sought comfort from the dog . . .  There’s a reason kids and dogs are drawn to Anna. She’s a good egg. 

Anna could afford to move out of her parents would give her a share of the show profits. I would hazard a guess that Anna is a, if not the, favorite of those who follow the show. 

That's what broke me down.... her picking up Buster. I lost one of my Dachshunds last October and it's been a rough 7 months because he was my everything.

• Love 4
(edited)

Anna using Cruiser as her support pupper    put a crack in my cold dark heart.

Amber’s toxic behavior specifically towards Anna is brutal and hopefully other family members will intervene since Trent will not.

Thankfully, the production crew captured the interaction to back up Anna’s side of the story and recorded Amber’s irrational behavior.

Anna needs to complete her college degree as quickly as possible and become financially independent. Only then will she get any respect from her parents.

Meanwhile, back in the ranch… Jonah sits on his lazy ass, dragging his feet on getting full time work because he knows he is the Golden Boy who will be housed, clothed and fed by his doting mother… 

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15

Amber taking off her mic pack and leaving the house was absurdly immature and assholish behavior. And Elizabeth seemingly piling on to it was salt in the wound. F both of them. 

The pupper part broke my heart too 💔 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Anna using Cruiser as her support pupper    put a crack in my cold dark heart.

Amber’s toxic behavior specifically towards Anna is brutal and hopefully other family members will intervene since Trent will not.

Thankfully, the production crew captured the interaction to back up Anna’s side of the story and recorded Amber’s irrational behavior.

Anna needs to complete her college degree as quickly as possible and become financially independent. Only then will she get any respect from her parents.

Meanwhile, back in the ranch… Jonah sits on his lazy ass, dragging his feet on getting full time work because he knows he is the Golden Boy who will be housed, clothed and fed by his doting mother… 

Elizabeth irritated me with her martyred car removal. I’m not sure if that was her intention, but the golden girl tends to get on my nerves.  

• Love 11

Elizabeth is an ass kisser.

The adopted kids getting the short end of the stick..no pun intended.

Amber will probably call Trent to meet her at a coffee shop so she can sell her side of the story.

roll the tape…who made who cry?

• Love 13

I  have a question that was not addressed on the show. Anna is home from college because of Covid, at the time this was being filmed, nobody really knew when things would open up again or get  back to in classroom. Did Anna decide not to go back to school ?  Ok, so don't kill me, but when Amber came down in the morning and the house was a mess, I would have been pissed too. When they were getting a lecture from Trent and Amber, it was Jonah being the ass yet again with his snarky comebacks and Elizabeth rolling her eyes, Anna was the only one that didn't behave badly. Amber really doesn't like Anna and that breaks my heart. She has no clue how to speak to her. She could have said, "We are excited to see you move out on your own, however we are concerned about money". I also cringed when both Alex and Emma were on the couch and they both said they hold their rage in.  Rage is a scary word coming from these kids about their parents.  I hope Amber realizes that this show is over, the kids gone, nobody will be interested in her screaming over her 25.00 placemats that reality tv afforded her

• Love 19
(edited)
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is the whole problem with their relationship! It's the way in which Amber chooses to communicate. She comes off cold. If Anna is only working part time then it is a concern if she can afford to live on her own even with a room mate. Amber has no idea of how to approach Anna and discuss it like she really gives a damn. She sounds condescending and accusatory when she speaks to her. Anna knows they get along much better when she is not living at home. She said when she was away at college they talked and texted like good buddies all the time. I find that very interesting.

Also, the elephant in the room is that Anna gets paid for appearing on the show, right? She's an adult so the parents should have no control over that money. So she most likely can afford to move out with that supplemental income. 

Smug Elizabeth has gained a lot of weight. She was slimming down last season, looks like she's piled it all back on and more. Same with Jonah. I don't like either one of them or their attitudes. They take after mommy. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

This is the whole problem with their relationship! It's the way in which Amber chooses to communicate. She comes off cold. If Anna is only working part time then it is a concern if she can afford to live on her own even with a room mate. Amber has no idea of how to approach Anna and discuss it like she really gives a damn. She sounds condescending and accusatory when she speaks to her. Anna knows they get along much better when she is not living at home. She said when she was away at college they talked and texted like good buddies all the time. I find that very interesting.

Also, the elephant in the room is that Anna gets paid for appearing on the show, right? She's an adult so the parents should have no control over that money. So she most likely can afford to move out with that supplemental income. 

Smug Elizabeth has gained a lot of weight. She was slimming down last season, looks like she's piled it all back on and more. Same with Jonah. I don't like either one of them or their attitudes. They take after mommy. 

It really bothers me that Anna feels like SHE’s the person who’s responsible for fixing the relationship with her mother. While she does play a role, her mother should be helping her to learn how to cultivate, deepen, and manage important relationships instead of acting like a know-it-all martyr victim. 

• Love 13

Amber is the problem here, totally. If my adult kids left that kind of mess in the living room day after day, no way would I be cleaning it up! If you wanna take their keys away, then do it the same day! I would say,  "I'm going to take your keys right now if you don't clean up that living room." Amber loves to be a martyr. She likes to clean up the mess so that she can rub it in their faces later. I mean I understand that Elizabeth and Jonah are disrespectful. But I mean sheesh, they've got to be sick of her attitude by now! I used to really like Trent, but he's turned into a jerk too. Seems like everybody in this family is walking around on eggshells because of Amber. That is no way to live! Poor Anna, she broke my heart tonight 😢

• Love 19

Going back to Amber and jealousy. I wonder if Amber is jealous of Anna's looks. She is pretty and she has pretty hair, good skin and the slimmest figure of all of them. Anna is obviously bright, she has a good heart and with her work ethic a TON of potential. I wonder what's going on there. 

It's terrible to say but when Amber isn't wearing makeup, which is usually any time she's not doing a talking head, I want to invoke Uncle Buck and say: Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing (in Amber's case, those things) off your face.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Going back to Amber and jealousy. I wonder if Amber is jealous of Anna's looks. She is pretty and she has pretty hair, good skin and the slimmest figure of all of them. Anna is obviously bright, she has a good heart and with her work ethic a TON of potential. I wonder what's going on there. 

It's terrible to say but when Amber isn't wearing makeup, which is usually any time she's not doing a talking head, I want to invoke Uncle Buck and say: Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing (in Amber's case, those things) off your face.

& since she's lost weight & you started it ;) her teeth look H.U.G.E she is not attractive at.all, throw in that nasty personality and boy what a mess. 

• Love 6

None of the children bother me.  They all seem to be more reasonable than the parents.  Amber seemed to have some kind of skin condition. Maybe, that’s why she wasn’t wearing makeup.  Unfortunately, she has difficulty with relationships.  If she doesn’t have Anna to diss, she’ll likely find someone else to pick on.  Amber misses the big picture. Was it more important to prove to Anna that she was not financially stable enough to move out than to boost her confidence, let her shine and be happy?  For Amber it was.  I wonder what Amber will do when it’s just her and Trent in the house and she has no one to put down.  

• Love 4

Anna used the word "excited" when she should have used "enthusiastic" when asking her Mudder for a pitiful shred of affirmative support for her moving out...

Anna wanted some positivity instead of Amber pissing on everything she has accomplished.

Harping on having a full time job is Amber's one argument...

How about saying have 6 month's rent in the bank before signing the lease?

How about she and Liz share a house?

Liz has blowed up...she is stress eating her feelings and anger.

Emma and Alex are simmering with anger.

Jonah doesn't give a sh*t...

Anna at least can cry in frustration, seek sympathy from the production crew/friends and hug a doggie...the most sane person in that house....

• Love 11

A few thoughts....

I'm not sure Amber is jealous of Anna's beauty, but I think she resents that the kids have it easier than she had it growing up and the kids don't express enough gratitude for all the material goods that TLC dollars have provided for the family.  I think she might think the money is the same as kindness, support and recognition.

It was ridiculous that Trent and Amber were going to hide the keys.  If the car titles are in Trent/Amber's names, take the keys, don't hide them.  If not, add in a housekeeping fee to the rent and utilities their three oldest kids pay.  

What do you think Amber and Trent will do when they hear about Emma and Alex controlling their inner rage? Will they send them away to military school?

• Love 6
(edited)

I never see Amber hugging Anna and showing any love towards her.  And not to the other kids for that matter.  All I saw was Amber bitching because the kids left a blanket and a pillow askew on the couch, and an empty popcorn bag on the counter.  Gimme a break.   Does your house have to look perfect and not lived in?  Pick your battles woman.  The world won't end if a blanket is left on the sofa, my god.  How about show your kids some love, make them feel special.  Hug them often.   Why did she adopt the kid's then?  I felt really bad for Anna.   She needed her Mom's love.  She's walking on eggshells, and now she's worried that it will look like it's all her fault.   Yes, discipline is important for kids and there's a time for that, but i think showing love and acceptance is more important.  More love  less criticism.  That's what I did with my boys and they're great,  responsible men today. And i still hug them now just as much as I did when they were little kids ...i will til the day I'm gone 🥰 Sorry...just waxing on a bit.

Oh, and why the hell do trent and Amber have to "OK" the apartments the girls are looking at.  Wtf?  Let them be adults.  If they're over 18, the parents should stay out of it.

Edited by suev3333
  • Love 15

I feel like the kids see very little to none of that TLC money. Without the kids, Trent and Amber wouldn't have that nice house and material things. They should be nicer to their kids if they want that cushy lifestyle to go on longer.  

Poor Anna can't get her words out or articulate because bitch, ogre Amber steam rolls over her with every word. Amber has to have the last word on everything. 

Amber's inner ugliness has definitely been showing up on the outside. Her and Trent are ruthless. They love to bully their kids. 

The light in their kids eyes are gone. It's sad to see how subdued and solemn they are this season. 

• Love 10

This would bite amber and Trent in the ass - a spin off show for the adult children on their own. With visits and updates on Emma and Alex. No parents. The young people are the story now - show could focus on their activities.

Even one season would be great just for spite. Cancel old show. 

I'd watch! 

I do feel sorry that Emma and Alex are stuck for awhile though with all that tension and bitterness.

• Love 11